Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations guys.

O-H-I-O      

@wadegarrett knew what he was doing when he deleted the old thread

So MSU offense isn't great,  but the defense did well regardless.   Conditions weren't great,  but it was a game I felt ok with for the most part.  Looking forward to 2 weeks.

4 hours ago, xulf said:

I think we have no chance at the playoffs since Northwestern is in the championshipgame (not that I really want Alabama with our team).

A win vs top 4 UM could make up for it. Other teams are going to lose. If we win, and don’t make the playoffs, that would be 2 years in a row without Big Ten representation. I could see UM getting some calls because of this. No way the suits aren’t thinking about this.

1 minute ago, Bobcat10 said:

A win vs top 4 UM could make up for it. Other teams are going to lose. If we win, and don’t make the playoffs, that would be 2 years in a row without Big Ten representation. I could see UM getting some calls because of this. No way the suits aren’t thinking about this.

I agree, but I also suspect the suits don't want to see OSU get embarrassed in a playoff game this year and would consider that a high probability outcome.

6 minutes ago, NotSmart said:

I agree, but I also suspect the suits don't want to see OSU get embarrassed in a playoff game this year and would consider that a high probability outcome.

I really don’t think they care. I’m talking about B1G suits, not anyone else. If nobody represents the Big Ten, it’s a worse look imo. 

50 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

I really don’t think they care. I’m talking about B1G suits, not anyone else. If nobody represents the Big Ten, it’s a worse look imo. 

Agreed about the B1G suits, they just want a team in there... but I think the national appetite for seeing the Buckeyes in the playoffs this year is quite low.

Michigan OTOH... I'm sure everyone associated with the playoffs is hoping Michigan beats OSU this year.

OSU has nothing to lose this year. If we beat Michigan, we win. If we lose to Michigan, they'll have to drive in to that brick wall named Michigan, while we go to a bowl game that we will probably win.

I mean... if there is ever a year to lose to Michigan, let it be the year where their chances of winning it all are the smallest. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Politician Spock said:

OSU has nothing to lose this year. If we beat Michigan, we win. If we lose to Michigan, they'll have to drive in to that brick wall named Michigan, while we go to a bowl game that we will probably win.

I mean... if there is ever a year to lose to Michigan, let it be the year where their chances of winning it all are the smallest. 

Payback for 1996.  We were undefeated that year, arguably had one of our best teams ever - just going off the top of my head - Pace, Katzenmoyer, Springs, Winfield, Boston, Pearson, Germaine/Jackson, Miller, Stanley. . .ugh that team was loaded with talent.  That team lost 13-9.  F-ing Cooper. . . such a disappointment, that team was the best team in the country hands down that year.  GO BUCKS!!!

26 minutes ago, Sullie said:

Payback for 1996.  We were undefeated that year, arguably had one of our best teams ever - just going off the top of my head - Pace, Katzenmoyer, Springs, Winfield, Boston, Pearson, Germaine/Jackson, Miller, Stanley. . .ugh that team was loaded with talent.  That team lost 13-9.  F-ing Cooper. . . such a disappointment, that team was the best team in the country hands down that year.  GO BUCKS!!!

That was my first year at OSU for optometry school.

On 11/11/2018 at 8:46 PM, NotSmart said:

I think they put any talk of playoffs to rest today. A 298 yard rushing game from the opposing RB? Against a .500 team? Oof.