What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread! (1 Viewer)

Spring game today.  Have it on dvr to watch later.   Huge commit day.  Landed the #2 safety to go with the #1 safety and that OT Wray, #4 OT.  Crazy good class lining up again.

Joe Burrow looked amazing.  Lots of talent all over the field.  This year looks great if they keep building. 

Welcome to the Buckeyes Dallas Gant! #1 OLB, #23 overall player.  #2 player in Ohio.  2018 looking beastly.

Huge day yesterday.  We pick up.a great DE 4 star in Andrew Chatwin but the biggest was taking stud ILB Terajda Mitchell from FSU.  The Silver Bullets will have had 2 just incredible recruiting years and it's not over.   Micah Parsons and #1 DB Cook are all probables for the Bucks. :bow: Urban :bow:

Brenton Cox and Teradja Mitchell seem pretty convinced Micah will be a Buckeye very shortly. :excited:

All this great tOSU news and no one around to chat with. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been watching closely. Looks like Jackson Carman will be in the fold at some point, plus the kid who originally committed to PSU but names his dog Brutus :-)lmao:). This class is going to be sick. Hopefully they lock down the RB from NC (Zamir White) and some of the Texas targets again. Only problem there is it looks like Tom Herman definitely came to play and is putting together a really nice class himself.

I've been watching closely. Looks like Jackson Carman will be in the fold at some point, plus the kid who originally committed to PSU but names his dog Brutus :-)lmao:). This class is going to be sick. Hopefully they lock down the RB from NC (Zamir White) and some of the Texas targets again. Only problem there is it looks like Tom Herman definitely came to play and is putting together a really nice class himself.
That is Micah Parsons.  There are a TON of great kids this cycle.  There are only 32 5 stars given each year, and Ohio State is looking at getting 5-7 of them. :excited:

I didn't know that. Why would they set an arbitrary limit on a ranking like that? Seems like they either have 5* talent or they don't...

I didn't know that. Why would they set an arbitrary limit on a ranking like that? Seems like they either have 5* talent or they don't...
Not sure, something I read a couple of days ago, actually.  Maybe something that says,  hey,  I'm a top 32 player?   No idea.  I didn't realize it either. 

I know it's been mainly football talk, NTTAWWT, but any thoughts on Matta's replacement?  Based on the way the presser with him and Smith went the other day, I'd have to think this was a planned firing.  Is it weird that Matta wants to be involved with the search for the next HC?  I'm surprised this didn't happen after BBall season was over.  Any rumors on who is in the running for the HC job?

As for Matta, the names you keep hearing are Cincinnati and Xavier coaches.
I'm okay with the Xavier Coach, but keep the Cincinnati idiot away from tOSU.  No one really cares for Cronin down here in Cincy.  My in-laws are very big UC fans (still give me #### due to tOSU not scheduling UC in BBall for the last 40 years), and each one can't stand Cronin.  With that said, all were (some still are) huge Huggins fans.  I have to admint, I joined the family near the end of Huggy's tenure and there is a great difference in play between his team's and Cronin's teams. It's just something about the way Cronin coaches, or doesn't coach.  He's just there for the games.  I don't see the passion or drive or commitment.  I don't understand why UC has kept him this long.

A little smoke with Billy Donovan becoming neighbors with Urban again. The Florida Gator fans will go nuts if that happens! I would like it!
Completely agree here!  I wouldn't mind seeing what Donovan can do at tOSU.  

Looks like the Butler coach will be named the new one.  Can't say I dislike the hire.  Knows the region and has performed well in his opportunities.  One of the hottest smaller school coaches.

RB Master Teague III from Tenn set to commit today, just after attending the Ohio State camp this weekend.  Kid looks phenomenal, 5'11", 211 lbs and running a consistent 4.31.  I am guessing they have Gill slotted either at RB or H back, because with Snead already there for 2018, that seems like a lot.  That would officially end the Zamir White push, I would think.

He chose the Bucks! #Boom

He seems like just a fantastic kid and his measurables are fantastic for a draft prospect, let alone a soon to be senior in HS.  Something tells me he will charge up the rankings very quickly.  Already saw an article by 247 saying they could justify him as the #2 RB in the nation behind White.

Video

#Boom!  Matt Jones commits at the 1 day camp this weekend.  He is a monster.  Crazy that we have the #3DT in the class and he is going to play OG or C instead of DT.  Other teams must be :hot:   That commit makes OSU the easy #1 class.  With Jackson Carman, Kamryn Babb and a few others still to come, this class should eclipse last year's class. :bow:

In wake of The Opening, a lot of Buckeye commits and likely signees got some good bumps in ranking.  Huge climb for Master Teague III who went from 202 overall to 50 on 247Sports.  Got his 4th star. 

Biggest news is Jeremy Ruckert is set to commit in 1 week next Monday.   He is now #11 overall and looks amazing.  Would be a massive pickup.

Friday Nights Live is July 21 and we could likely see a few more commits then as well.  Getting exciting folks. :excited:

Huge recruiting week fellas.  5 star top TE Ruckert set to declare tomorrow and all signs point to Ohio State.  Friday Night Lights is this week with a lot of stuff leading up to it.  We could see a few commits to this class and next this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, huh?  They will end up in the top 15, I am sure, but they just don't have a lot of kids ready to say yes now.  Maybe his practice of cutting kids is catching up with him?  How he handled that one kid by making him grayshirt on his announcement day.

Marcus Hooker, Malik's brother,  committed to Ohio State yesterday.   3 star DB, but that's just what Malik came in as also.  Like it. 

Did Gill commit? Didn't he break his leg last year?
He committed quite a while ago.  He has been an active recruiter ever since, too.  Yeah, he broke his leg last year but has been nothing short of electric in his camps and The Opening Finals, etc.  Huge playmaker potential.

He committed quite a while ago.  He has been an active recruiter ever since, too.  Yeah, he broke his leg last year but has been nothing short of electric in his camps and The Opening Finals, etc.  Huge playmaker potential.
That's great. I knew a guy that coached DB's there during Jalens sophomore year. At that time, he said Jalen kept talking about USC and UCLA. Glad he stayed with the good guys! Is he more likely to be a RB or a WR?

That's great. I knew a guy that coached DB's there during Jalens sophomore year. At that time, he said Jalen kept talking about USC and UCLA. Glad he stayed with the good guys! Is he more likely to be a RB or a WR?
True H-back playmaker, I believe.  Possible he ends up as WR, but not as likely a true RB, from what I hear.  Curtis Samuel with more speed.

As expected, Andrew Chatfield decommitted yesterday given the likelihood that Ohio State pulling Micah Parsons AND Jason Oweh to go with 5* Brenton Cox.  He would never have seen the field. 

Joe Burrow has a broken thumb in his throwing hand.  That answers a few questions.  Haskins is the backup, Tate Martell might not get the redshirt after all.

Users who are viewing this thread