What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (3 Viewers)

Anybody have any success with live, in-game betting? Any sport.

I'd like to start trying this more often and would love any tips you could offer. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody have any success with live, in-game betting? Any sport.

I'll like to start trying this more often and would love any tips you could offer. 
I'll think of others, and there will be other bettors WAY better at it than me.  But here are a few tactics that have worked:

NBA: Two evenly matched teams, one team gets way down, live bet them + (large number).  For instance, live betting the Heat in the Boston series was exceptional.  Boston would build a large lead, live bet Heat, Heat come back to win or make it close.

Football: Chiefs or Alabama fall behind by a touchdown or more in 1st Half, live bet them.  The AFC Divisional playoff between KC and Houston last year was a Tour de Force of live betting KC.  On the flip side, KC got bum-rushed by Vegas last week...just not enough time for them to come back as it all happened in second half. 

Alabama seems to fall behind in the 1st half of every SEC Championship they play in.  Auto bet for me.

Football in terrible weather, if you can see they just can't move the ball, hammer the under at a few commercial breaks in the 1st quarter.  49ers at DC last year is a good example.  Torrential rain, can't complete a forward pass.  9-0 final score.

Should have known better when every "sharp" liked Dallas. Can't even cover teaser legs. Congrats Cards alt. line backers. 

are you kidding I got in at ARZ -15.5 -115.   Thanks for the encouragement!

As soon as my bet entered the line moved to ARZ -18.5.  Cool!  Live betting is fun and probably a little addictive. 
It sucks. I made out last night but have lost Probly 80% of my live bets and rarely play them anymore 

Dodgers/Rays o7.5.   Glasnow just got shelled by Houston and gave up two home runs in each of his playoff starts, and the Dodgers feast off right handed pitchers that throw strikes.  Kershaw is, well, Kershaw.   He'll either throw a gem or give up back to back home runs in a playoff game for the fourth time in his career.   Rays have been hitting better against lefties (but not a ton).   

Good Saturday, ugly Sunday, made it all back last night.  Without AZ last night I'd have been down about 5 units on the week overall.  
Nice call. By the time I got done working the game was already way out of hand. 

Heard on VSiN yesterday that Week 6 was most profitable weekend of the season for the books so far by quite a bit.
I am in this "lose on one site--break even on another, win a little on the other one" cycle and then it rotates the next week.  Treading water the last two weeks, but surprisingly have actually won $$ in DFS, which is just such a luck-fest unless you are entering 100 different lineups each week. 

Took Tampa Bay +$180 for the series, just too much value

Added Tampa Bay +$340 after going down 1-0

-fish- said:
Dodgers/Rays o7.5.   Glasnow just got shelled by Houston and gave up two home runs in each of his playoff starts, and the Dodgers feast off right handed pitchers that throw strikes.  Kershaw is, well, Kershaw.   He'll either throw a gem or give up back to back home runs in a playoff game for the fourth time in his career.   Rays have been hitting better against lefties (but not a ton).   
Let’s get one more and make this happen!!!

-fish- said:

Let’s get one more and make this happen!!!
THANKS @-fish-!

When you're high at 5 am, the best option is one of those Apple fritters from 7 eleven. 

Also Titans this weekend are such a good teaser option. 

Geez - how hammered are you @AndrewClark ?   LOL

Too hammered. Scratch that bet. 
Coming to the defense of my 7/11 bro...I think the Titans were +1.5ish when he posted that....if not they had been.  Pitt opened as the fave by 2ish.

How do I know, you ask?  I bet Pitt as the 2 point fave.....UGH.  @AndrewClark you are vindicated.  :puffpuffpass: 

Coming to the defense of my 7/11 bro...I think the Titans were +1.5ish when he posted that....if not they had been.  Pitt opened as the fave by 2ish.

How do I know, you ask?  I bet Pitt as the 2 point fave.....UGH.  @AndrewClark you are vindicated.  :puffpuffpass: 
7/11 was an inside part time job. 

But yeah. My best time to smoke is 5 am when I wake up so I can function during the day. Even though I do nothing during the day anyway. 

Wentz over 18.5 rushing yards. Offense is decimated with injuries. Eagles need a win. Wentz will do whatever it takes. Defense will probably stack the box when Hurts is under center and drop more coverage when Wentz is under. Should open up some room for him to scramble when his WRs inevitably cant get open.

This week is tough. I mean other than the Bills are there many other games that are locks as far as M/L picks? This week is going to be all about the spreads and what you can get IMO. 

Users who are viewing this thread