Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!!


The Ref

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Courtjester said:

That is a ton of points to overcome. I worry with Durant coming back the Nets will be a little disorganized. I went with Curry o 5.5 assists -115. 

I also like N. Noel over 5.5 points +100 for some reason. He isn't much of a scorer, but he is starting tonight.

Well got Noel and missed Curry by .5–darn it. 

Need to get my Daytona bets going here.

Edited by Courtjester
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wreckhouse Jr is always in the mix on the Super Speedways, but you know how it is going to end.

I had a free $20 bet, so I threw it on Truex Jr for a top 10--seemed like a safe bet.

I basically bet a bunch of $2 to win bets on some long shots like Bell and Cindric. You got to have a few lottery tickets today--especially with the chance of a rain-shortened race. 

Edited by Courtjester
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

Wreckhouse Jr is always in the mix on the Super Speedways, but you know how it is going to end.

I had a free $20 bet, so I threw it on Truex Jr for a top 10--seemed like a safe bet.

I basically bet a bunch of $2 to win bets on some long shots like Bell and Cindric. You got to have a few lottery tickets today--especially with the chance of a rain-shortened race. 

I don’t think I’ve watched 3 laps of nascar in the last 3 years

Used my free bet on Harvick top 3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used my "Sprinkle $2 bets to win on long shots" theory and one of the five bets I laid down was on McDowell at +6600.

It was a nice little surprise when i logged onto MGM this morning as I was :banned:when i put those five bets down and forgot I backed him,. 

I like Wash M/L in the NBA tonight. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, CFB Sicko said:

Mondays are tough. They're not going to score the 230-240 points you're used to seeing them score on the weekend.

Plus several teams on b2b and you never know when a primadonna starter will only go 18 minutes 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every time I see a new crazy price I like to think that ol Hoot kept his retirement and investments in Bitcoin all the way and he's now currently on the mend on some tropical island getting pampered by some scantily clad nurses while sipping on rum thumbing through the almanac with SizzleSaw.  I haven't kept up with the thread to know whether or not this is the case but this thought makes me happy.

Anyway it's 82 degrees here today and I feel guilty, kinda.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Wine Thief said:

Every time I see a new crazy price I like to think that ol Hoot kept his retirement and investments in Bitcoin all the way and he's now currently on the mend on some tropical island getting pampered by some scantily clad nurses while sipping on rum thumbing through the almanac with SizzleSaw.  I haven't kept up with the thread to know whether or not this is the case but this thought makes me happy.

Anyway it's 82 degrees here today and I feel guilty, kinda.

He was in some sort of running of the bulls thing over the weekend.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No Kyrie, no Durant tonight.

Joe Harris excelled when Kyrie was out earlier this season.  Over 14.5 points.

Harden over 48.5 PRA.  Ridiculous number, but if they are going to stay in the game he'll have to stuff the boxscore.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, facook said:

No Kyrie, no Durant tonight.

Joe Harris excelled when Kyrie was out earlier this season.  Over 14.5 points.

Harden over 48.5 PRA.  Ridiculous number, but if they are going to stay in the game he'll have to stuff the boxscore.

I like the Harris call. I worry about Harden because of the possible blowout possibility and BK just saying screw it and taking the loss.

I laid a little on Ayton tonight for a double/double as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, facook said:

Rock fight at Purdue.  Under 136.5

Track meet at St. Johns.  Over 154

Also was on Tulsa under, but not as confident.

'Haha!  Purdue and Tulsa will have to both go 80 in the 2nd half to beat me!  Haha!"

:GUNSHOT:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:guNSHOT:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ugh....one of my best friends since high school just got diagnosed with stage 3 brain cancer. 3-5 years to live.  He's got a 3 year old and an 8 year old.

 

#### cancer.

 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2021 at 6:28 PM, Kenny Powers said:

Just took Heat -3 vs Clippers...Kawhi, George, Beverly all out

There he is!!!

 

Eta:. Can't remember you're old screen name.  But I hope you're doing well, man!

Edited by hooter311
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/16/2021 at 3:40 PM, Wine Thief said:

Every time I see a new crazy price I like to think that ol Hoot kept his retirement and investments in Bitcoin all the way and he's now currently on the mend on some tropical island getting pampered by some scantily clad nurses while sipping on rum thumbing through the almanac with SizzleSaw.  I haven't kept up with the thread to know whether or not this is the case but this thought makes me happy.

Anyway it's 82 degrees here today and I feel guilty, kinda.

I unloaded 300 of them back in 2017 @ 19,600...

 

I'm doing just fine these days!

Besides the part where I got hit by a car at 60 mph last summer and broke half bones in my body.  Minor setback!

 

But yeah, it was -13 for the last week up here in Wisconsin, so I'm not all the way there!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2021 at 9:35 PM, CFB Sicko said:

Now might not be a terrible time to start betting on some Jazz +600 to win the Western Conference. I mean, they're probably going to be there if they continue playing like this. As of right now they are the #1 seed and they are known to have a great home court advantage.

Stellar defensive team. They just have to get to the Western Finals and you have a +600 hedge against them. Make it a free roll or play it straight. Your choice.

Someone just dropped 10k on the wizards to win the finals on Tuesday at 500-1.  

 

Could just be GameStop money, hard to identify smart money these days...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

Someone just dropped 10k on the wizards to win the finals on Tuesday at 500-1.  

 

Could just be GameStop money, hard to identify smart money these days...

Guessing it's a sharp, ready to hedge the eff out of it starting the last week of the regular season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/14/2021 at 1:29 PM, Cowboysfan8 said:

I don’t think I’ve watched 3 laps of nascar in the last 3 years

Used my free bet on Harvick top 3

Same here.  But I got smoked all weekend down at the casino in Des Moines.  Donked away a couple k on ufc and basketball.

 

Then on the way out I happened to lay $30 on McDowell at 66-1 on the way out along with preece at 100-1 and Reddick at 40-1.

 

Longest Nascar odds I ever hit....now I just have to go back to Des Moines to get my cash.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, facook said:

Idaho one of the worst offensive teams in the country, and Portland St is pretty bad in their own right.  PSU missing top scorer as well.  Under 139.

Doubling Down.  Idaho under 74.5 2H +105.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yo ten cent odds:  Who bought more Valentine's Day gifts this year, me or Lump.

Sizzle Bought more 2021 Valentine's Day gifts -115 VS Lump bought more 2021 Valentine's Day gifts -115

Sorry, I got greedy for that extra nickel in there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ChainsawU said:

You guys still betting on Madden? I'm about to fire up the PS2 I'll throw some lines out! I'll do it! I will! I'll do it, I'm crazy!

No, but if the only sport we had live was horse racing, I'd go back to Madden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, facook said:

GROSS.  Thought I had this read right.  Sorry bud.

All good in the hood! I went 1-4 in my own bright NCAA ideas on the night.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably going to regret this but I like NO tonight at +3.5 -110. 

Just for the heck of it and based on the principle of due--I parlayed NO +3.5 and Clips +5.5  (+264). LA might be getting some key pieces back. Utah is hot, but maybe LA keeps it close. I am just betting with my heart here because (as I said above) it seems I have watched too many NO games and I like the way they play. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, facook said:

@CFB Sicko Thoughts on Pelicans +3.5 at home tonight?  Leaning that way.

Also the over 231, riding the Pelicans over trend.

 

7 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

Probably going to regret this but I like NO tonight at +3.5 -110

Just for the heck of it and based on the principle of due--I parlayed NO +3.5 and Clips +5.5  (+264). LA might be getting some key pieces back. Utah is hot, but maybe LA keeps it close. I am just betting with my heart here because (as I said above) it seems I have watched too many NO games and I like the way they play. 

 

:hifive:  Let's go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, facook said:

@CFB Sicko Thoughts on Pelicans +3.5 at home tonight?  Leaning that way.

Also the over 231, riding the Pelicans over trend.

Deandre Ayton of the Suns over 13.5 rebounds +104

Deandre averages 12.2 rebounds a game, and Steven Adams for the Pelicans has been ruled out of this game. I also think this is a high offense game, lots of chances for boards. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, facook said:

@CFB Sicko Thoughts on Pelicans +3.5 at home tonight?  Leaning that way.

Also the over 231, riding the Pelicans over trend.

Sorry Old Spice, I took a nap after work and missed this (told you I am becoming an old man). Good call on the over, kind of disgusting that the Pelicans went into Q4 up 11 and lost the game by 18.

🤢🤮

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The proliferation of the three ball on NBA really has made it a nightmare for my over / under bets. The ceiling for points scored in a single NBA game increased from 235 to 242 points all the way up to 260 to 280 points.

 

I think this is compounded by the lack of crowd noise but it's definitely tougher to bet over / unders when the average combined score used to be 190 to 220 points and now it can range anywhere from 200 to 250 points. Obviously, the more ground on each side of the number the harder it is intuitively to predict.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's also why I tip my hat to MLB. Even with all the rule changes and increase in Ks, HRs, and relief pitcher usage the fundamental scoring of the game has not changed.

You still have low-scoring 1-2 games, you still have high scoring 11-13 games. But everything is so beautifully averaged that the final scores usually aggregate at around 8-10 runs scored (1 per inning). It's beautiful from a number's perspective that so many variables can change yet the scoring output still remains stagnant.

 

As if there is a universal constant on a man's ability to hit a baseball.

Edited by CFB Sicko
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CFB Sicko said:

The proliferation of the three ball on NBA really has made it a nightmare for my over / under bets. The ceiling for points scored in a single NBA game increased from 235 to 242 points all the way up to 260 to 280 points.

 

I think this is compounded by the lack of crowd noise but it's definitely tougher to bet over / unders when the average combined score used to be 190 to 220 points and now it can range anywhere from 200 to 250 points. Obviously, the more ground on each side of the number the harder it is intuitively to predict.

So did you not see any of this coming?

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I have a free bet that I need to use or lose. I don’t watch basketball or hockey at all

Whos got a lock?!?!

:oldunsure:

No such thing as a lock, but Oakland is on an 11-2 over run.

Wisconsin-Milwaukee 10-3 over run.

They went over by 14 points last night.  I'm playing over 153.  Tips at 2:00 pacific.

Edited by facook
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...