Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!!


The Ref

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, FairWarning said:

I suspect that will be 7-9 to 9-7 today.  There will be some reaction by the books as people play them Today.  If anything, I would play the first game at each arena 1H under as it’s noon-1PM.  
 

anyhoo, played Ohio +7.5, UCSB +7.5, USC -6, Mizos -1.5.

Great call on the 1H unders.  Spot on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Two I played for tomorrow are Illinois -7 and Wisc +6.5.  I think there will be a lot of love for Loyola (i love their game also), but its a bad matchup for the ramblers.  Illinois will play that game also, but with better athletes across the board.  I hated to see Loyola draw them, thought they were screwed in the seeding.  If they were playing someone like Bama or Baylor, I would've played ML.  Unfortunately the Illini Train is rolling right now and should pull out a 10-15 pt win.  The 1H under is a possibility also as its a early start, it'll take Illinois a little bit to figure it out.  It wouldn't surprise me if Loyola is up a point at half either.  

 

Wisc is a tough team for Baylor with a day to figure it out.  Baylor's defense has been sliding toward the end of the season and thats not good vs a team who turns down 15-ft shots for 5 fters.  It's not much fun running thru picks in a close game or losing.  Baylor really needs a fast start to control tempo, don't know if they can do it.  I may play some ML with the Badgers also.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

 Two I played for tomorrow are Illinois -7 and Wisc +6.5.  I think there will be a lot of love for Loyola (i love their game also), but its a bad matchup for the ramblers.  Illinois will play that game also, but with better athletes across the board.  I hated to see Loyola draw them, thought they were screwed in the seeding.  If they were playing someone like Bama or Baylor, I would've played ML.  Unfortunately the Illini Train is rolling right now and should pull out a 10-15 pt win.  The 1H under is a possibility also as its a early start, it'll take Illinois a little bit to figure it out.  It wouldn't surprise me if Loyola is up a point at half either.  

 

Wisc is a tough team for Baylor with a day to figure it out.  Baylor's defense has been sliding toward the end of the season and thats not good vs a team who turns down 15-ft shots for 5 fters.  It's not much fun running thru picks in a close game or losing.  Baylor really needs a fast start to control tempo, don't know if they can do it.  I may play some ML with the Badgers also.

Agreed, already played both.  Also like over 147 in Syracuse/WV.  WV has really sped up the last 1/2 of the season and Syracuse can sink shots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, facook said:

I played Col, UCSB, Mich, Mizzou, Ohio, Uconn, Drake, and UNCG 1H unders.  The ones I didn't were because I like the overs in those games or some such.

Also really like Drake full game under (I got 137.5, but still like it at 134).

6-2-1 on these, counting the full game Drake under win.  That's better than 51% according to my phone calculator.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Northern Voice said:

:wub:

I hit this -1.5 and FLA/PIT afternoon parlay (and most importantly nothing else..) for a nice 2.5x profit day. 

Hopefully back to winning ways :thumbup:

Moneyline, puckline, in regulation, and parlayed with Illinois tomorrow and parlayed with Nova tomorrow.  Had them parlayed with Oregon tonight, but Covid is extremely lame and got in the way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:
3 hours ago, facook said:

@Northern Voice Herr GreiSS is in net.  Repeat, GreiSS is in net.  Commence operation Super Nuke Red Wings.

:wub:

I hit this -1.5 and FLA/PIT afternoon parlay (and most importantly nothing else..) for a nice 2.5x profit day. 

Hopefully back to winning ways :thumbup:

I am SAD we will only get to fade this piece of aryan poop 2-3 more times all season.  He is truly the crappy gift that keeps on giving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, facook said:

I am SAD we will only get to fade this piece of aryan poop 2-3 more times all season.  He is truly the crappy gift that keeps on giving.

Has there been an update on Bernier? He may be hurt or could be traded by the deadline, hold out hope. 

I put a small wager last minute on NJ this afternoon, pure value play with Blackwood back in net but nothing I really love so mostly laying low til tomorrow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Northern Voice said:

Has there been an update on Bernier? He may be hurt or could be traded by the deadline, hold out hope. 

I put a small wager last minute on NJ this afternoon, pure value play with Blackwood back in net but nothing I really love so mostly laying low til tomorrow

No clue, I don't follow that closely.  Just closely enough to check every day to see if Greiss is in net.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:

N. Texas is the last leg of a parlay 

Adding BEAVERS +6

I hear they woke up feeling Angry!!

BEAVERS!!!!!!!

All kidding aside, the Pac 10 has looked pretty good. The BIg 10 has been p o o p emoji. 

Thinking of starting the day with Oregon but when Iowa gets hot... :scared:

 

ETA - We can't use the p o o p emoji even though it is available.. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Angry Beavers
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:

BEAVERS!!!!!!!

All kidding aside, the Pac 10 has looked pretty good. The BIg 10 has been p o o p emoji. 

Thinking of starting the day with Oregon but when Iowa gets hot... :scared:

 

ETA - We can't use the p o o p emoji even though it is available.. 🤦‍♂️

As a Ducks homer (and friend of many Oregon State folks), I'm super proud of the Pac12.  To hear so many "experts" slobber over the B1G and Big 12 pre-tourney and completely dismiss Pac12 stuck in my craw.  No offense to you or other B1G fans out there.  To see what the West Coast is doing in the tourney is awfully satisfying.

That said, the Ducks MIGHT cover, but I'd be very surprised if they win today.  Just not deep enough and not enough shooting to keep up with Iowa I think.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, facook said:

As a Ducks homer (and friend of many Oregon State folks), I'm super proud of the Pac12.  To hear so many "experts" slobber over the B1G and Big 12 pre-tourney and completely dismiss Pac12 stuck in my craw.  No offense to you or other B1G fans out there.  To see what the West Coast is doing in the tourney is awfully satisfying.

That said, the Ducks MIGHT cover, but I'd be very surprised if they win today.  Just not deep enough and not enough shooting to keep up with Iowa I think.

Over?   - seems like everyone is on it but early start has me thinking 1H under

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Angry Beavers said:

Over?   - seems like everyone is on it but early start has me thinking 1H under

I played over, but of course I'm a notorious mush.  So you're idea probably better.  

Also a note I read just now: Fran McCaffery has never made it out of the 2nd round in 7 appearances.  Ducks +5.  :homer: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

60 points in 11 minutes - this will finish like an nba game .. This has to slow down.. yes?

I do like Ducks +5 - I was too 🐔 to take em' now I wish I did . I'll have to look for a halftime or live line.........

What else are we thinking today?

I like all ATS  - UCLA, OH, LSU, FSU, Bama and USC - I mean - isn't it a law you have to bet just about every game on fhe madness when it is on a Monday?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Minnesota Wild -1.5 +112. They're -244 and honestly, I considered hitting that but went this way instead.

Edmonton Oilers +102. Good goalie matchup here with Mike Smith in for the Oilers. They're loading up their top line with McDavid-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi, so I also have Puljujarvi anytime goal prop at +265

Carolina/Calgary parlay +166. I like both these teams as individual bets in the -160 range as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, facook said:

I played over, but of course I'm a notorious mush.  So you're idea probably better.  

Also a note I read just now: Fran McCaffery has never made it out of the 2nd round in 7 appearances.  Ducks +5.  :homer: 

seems like a useful stat for next year

Begins NCAAB 2022 Tourney Prep

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Angry Beavers said:

seems like a useful stat for next year

Begins NCAAB 2022 Tourney Prep

Here are some more, per a twitter capper that is good at finding trends:

WV under Huggins made it past round 2 only twice

McCaffery never made it out of 2nd round in 8 trips now

Illinois under Underwood never made it past 2nd round

Izzo has lost in first two rounds of tourney 15 times as of this year

Creighton hasn't made it past 2nd round in 10 straight appearances

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My ricos, the Noles are turning the ball over a lot, the Noles aren't hitting 3s.  Super talented, undisciplined.  I'm seeing a theme with these kind of teams losing, dunno.  Whatchall seeing here?  Wrong team flavored?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, got_nugs said:

My ricos, the Noles are turning the ball over a lot, the Noles aren't hitting 3s.  Super talented, undisciplined.  I'm seeing a theme with these kind of teams losing, dunno.  Whatchall seeing here?  Wrong team flavored?

I haven't bet it either way.  Tough to back Colorado after playing their best game of the season by far two days ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, facook said:

I haven't bet it either way.  Tough to back Colorado after playing their best game of the season by far two days ago.

I mean...on one hand FSU is long and athletic, maybe the defense can negate some of those 3s that Colorado hit vs the Patrick Ewings but considering the amount of #### i've been spewing about the Gators losing to Oral Roberts the past dayish...that usually spells trouble for me.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FairWarning said:

Played Oral Roberts +11 and over 159 in the Sweet 16 matchup vs Arky.  Don't see either team slowing it down here.

I played Beavers/Loyola under 126.  OSU will be happy to throw rocks all night, and Loyola's D is obviously crazy good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, facook said:

I played Beavers/Loyola under 126.  OSU will be happy to throw rocks all night, and Loyola's D is obviously crazy good.

I like that far more than laying points with Loyola.  I think the pros will be on the Beavers and the joes on Loyola.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:

Iowa -5 2nd H.. I mean, I might as well bet every game...

I did :bag: got a bonus offer from MGM for $1k bonus match with 1x rollover - on the bonus only, 😂. I divided 1000/36 and tailed Alan Boston’s new pod. Hit just under break even, I think 51ish percent came in. Churned the bonus with no deposited funds risk, and withdrew. Was fun but never again for every game, it was intense.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...