Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!!

3 minutes ago, The Ref said:

Just about the whole Of gambling Twitter skewered them.  Can’t have a company who shuts off any semblance of winning players and expect to have a network that helps people gamble smart.

Weeellll....they don't REALLY do that anyway.  Some of them are entertaining while talking about sports gamblers.   Not many (any?) of them actually help people gamble smart.  Heck, Brent Musburger is the godfather and the bookmakers can't convince him to stop teasing games he shouldn't.

• Replies 57.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChainsawU

• swirvenirvin

• lumpy19

• facook

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Home.  Some 40 hours later and the kid is basically back to normal.  Amazing.  She'll move up to Orlando for a few months for the radiation treatment with the Mrssus but for her the scary part is over

Well dudes, interesting update!  My wife and daughter surprised me today, told me they were a comin home 10 days early and would be here within the hour.  The tumor is now so small that he wants to ho

Well dudes, we're not sure what is next....but tonight Izzy takes her last chemotherapy treatment.  We'll go up in a few weeks to take a peek in her skull to see 'sup...but for tonight - we celebrate.

17 hours ago, The Ref said:

Just about the whole Of gambling Twitter skewered them.  Can’t have a company who shuts off any semblance of winning players and expect to have a network that helps people gamble smart.

DraftKings cuts you off if you're winning?  Did not know that.  If you guys could rank the tightest (right word?) books, I would love to hear it.  I have been thinking about buying the stock is all.  I'd also like to know who has the best customer service or whatever.  I remember always hearing about offshore books screwing customers.  So I never used one.  Are those days over?  Thanks.

7 hours ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

DraftKings cuts you off if you're winning?  Did not know that.  If you guys could rank the tightest (right word?) books, I would love to hear it.  I have been thinking about buying the stock is all.  I'd also like to know who has the best customer service or whatever.  I remember always hearing about offshore books screwing customers.  So I never used one.  Are those days over?  Thanks.

The problem is DK, fanduel, and William Hill are the ones that are going to be most profitable for your investments.  Because they make the most money.  Because they are the shadiest.  The most "honest" books are privately held and in very limited b&m sites.

• Thanks 1

I want to make a sizable bet on the Masters. Likely 1 large. I’m not a sports bettor other than the SuperBowl so not looking at a long term site, though if there is a sign up bonus that makes sense with that type of deposit I’d look at it. Other option is just have a friend in Vegas go to the book who has the best odds. Recommendations on how to shop for the best odds on the player I want? 

1 hour ago, facook said:

The problem is DK, fanduel, and William Hill are the ones that are going to be most profitable for your investments.  Because they make the most money.  Because they are the shadiest.  The most "honest" books are privately held and in very limited b&m sites.

100%

William Hill is the worst

34 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

I want to make a sizable bet on the Masters. Likely 1 large. I’m not a sports bettor other than the SuperBowl so not looking at a long term site, though if there is a sign up bonus that makes sense with that type of deposit I’d look at it. Other option is just have a friend in Vegas go to the book who has the best odds. Recommendations on how to shop for the best odds on the player I want? 

Unless it’s Cam Smith or IM save your money.

If it’s a one time thing and you got a buddy in Vegas I’d go that road.  

problem with using a local guy for something like this is unless you are taking one the top 10 guys you are looking at a +30K payout.  Most locals don’t have that type of scratch to payout. 

I tend to spread my golf plays around 100-200 across a few locals to try and minimize counterparty risk.  Getting the best line isn’t the most important part of the process, getting paid is.

1 minute ago, Penguin said:

100%

William Hill is the worst

It’s amazing that in the scumbag filled bookmaker space I’d trust a Half dozen locals over these legal books. 

52 minutes ago, The Ref said:

Unless it’s Cam Smith or IM save your money.

If it’s a one time thing and you got a buddy in Vegas I’d go that road.  

problem with using a local guy for something like this is unless you are taking one the top 10 guys you are looking at a +30K payout.  Most locals don’t have that type of scratch to payout. 

I tend to spread my golf plays around 100-200 across a few locals to try and minimize counterparty risk.  Getting the best line isn’t the most important part of the process, getting paid is.

Thanks. Guess I should save my money but I won’t. I think this is the most watered down Masters in years. Looking down the field with respect to current form etc I think only a small handful can win it and I like my guy to win by 4. So many are playing poorly, are hurt, etc Just looked at site bonuses and not interested due to rollover requirements. Probably have my guy scour Vegas books. Is there an easy way to shop them?

6 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

Thanks. Guess I should save my money but I won’t. I think this is the most watered down Masters in years. Looking down the field with respect to current form etc I think only a small handful can win it and I like my guy to win by 4. So many are playing poorly, are hurt, etc Just looked at site bonuses and not interested due to rollover requirements. Probably have my guy scour Vegas books. Is there an easy way to shop them?

Curious as to who it is and why?  It’s a deep market so you won’t move odds unless it’s a 125-1 shot

vegas insider only seems to have one set of odds posted.  Vegas you usually get 3-4 different sets.

10 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

Circa has by far the best golf odds you'll find.  If you have a buddy who can go there and place your bet it's your best option.

I am using KC -160 as my team to bet on at MGM. They are offering a $1.00 free bet credit for every HR hit on opening day throughout the league with a max of $50.00 free awarded.

And this being my first MLB bet--KC gives up 5 runs in the top of the 1st only to see Texas give up the same in the bottom. The game had an over/under of 9 and it is sitting at 19 with a score of KC up 10-9 in the 7th, The game is giving me a heart attack, 

Oh feeling better as it is now KC 13-9---I am a Rockies fan but I am betting KC overs all year. Both teams must have already used their entire bullpen in the first game of the season. 

Edited by Courtjester
  • Like 2

I took Rangers ML live at end of 1st.  Did not realize Sabres were starting that clueless kid in goal again, but somehow he's up 1-0 at the break.

30 minutes ago, leftcoastguy7 said:

I love golf leans. Feel free to share or please send a PM

Nothing earth shattering. Price is dropping. Loved him for a month when I’ve seen his ball striking. Should have bet him them.  Total control over his irons, driving better. Spieth. I think he wins going away. Thomas is the main contender as he’s gotten better each year at Augusta. 4th last year. Only other consideration I had was Morikawa for a saver A longer price. 

Spieth was higher, then 16-1, now 14-1 and some sites have him 10 or 12. I want 14 or higher.  Shopping. Seems like lousy odds I know. But I think this is a weak field

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

Nothing earth shattering. Price is dropping. Loved him for a month when I’ve seen his ball striking. Should have bet him them.  Total control over his irons, driving better. Spieth. I think he wins going away. Thomas is the main contender as he’s gotten better each year at Augusta. 4th last year. Only other consideration I had was Morikawa for a saver A longer price. 

Spieth was higher, then 16-1, now 14-1 and some sites have him 10 or 12. I want 14 or higher.  Shopping. Seems like lousy odds I know. But I think this is a weak field

He might win this weekend too.

He hasn’t closed anything out over the last few weeks despite looking a hell of a lot better so I’d be leery about the “win going way”.

17 hours ago, facook said:

@Northern Voice  Herr GreiSS is in net!!!

Panthers in regulation, Panthers puckline, Panthers/TB ml parlay, Panthers/TB in reg parlay

I was out at the pub so added Florida straight up but nothing else. 

St. Louis +193 is worth taking a shot on with Jonas Johannson in net for Colorado. He's bad. I suspect this line will move quickly to reflect that. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Northern Voice said:

I was out at the pub so added Florida straight up but nothing else. 

St. Louis +193 is worth taking a shot on with Jonas Johannson in net for Colorado. He's bad. I suspect this line will move quickly to reflect that. 

I gave some back since it went to OT.  Oh well.  

I am afraid most of this is :SQUARE:  - 

parlay of F5's  SD and LAD ( This is basically -120)
Bauer O 7.5 K's -115
Luzardo O4.5k's - 125

TB/MIA U7.5  - 125

Adding:

Laa -120 and 
Lad/col f5 under 6 ev

Edited by Angry Beavers
  • Like 1

I'm going be on the 1h under in the first game, and the full game over in the second game. Feels very square, but here we are. Circa will surely be a cluster, will watch elsewhere. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

I'm going be on the 1h under in the first game, and the full game over in the second game. Feels very square, but here we are. Circa will surely be a cluster, will watch elsewhere. 

Dude just do GA at Stadium Swim, get in the pool, drink and pee and have a blast!

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
2 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:

The Red Sox are terrible.   🙄

I'll fade them as much as possible at home getting + money.  Even though the Cubs won today, this applies to them also.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

Hopefully you got on Tampa Lightning vs. Greiss. I hit the ML, couple parlays and -1.5

Kissed my sister with win in reg and - 1.5.

Parlayed  win in regs for TB/Avs so might profit there. He is getting a little better. <_<

11 hours ago, kevzilla said:

Got my lungs ripped out at the buzzer on the first one,  but only down the juice after hitting the over with four minutes left. 

Happy Easter  - let's celebrate by making steaks and betting on baseball!  ( Sorry, I am not religous  - hope that doesn't offend anyone)

NHL: Col v. Fla U5.5 - 110 - Saw this on twitter   - made sense - tailed it
Monster Parlay - Philly, STL, Det, Bos, KC, Oak, SD
ATL/Phi U8.5 
LAA - 130
KC TT O5.5 - 105
STL - 115
SD-1.5 - 110

Edited by Angry Beavers
  • Like 1

I did a safer Cubs/SD/Dodgers +211 parlay.because I had a $30 free bet I had to use up. 

I like NY M/L

And I joined you on the KC over 5.5

Edit: it is just such a gift I have to lose all my bets. Need to save my bankroll for football

Edited by Courtjester
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:

Happy Easter  - let's celebrate by making steaks and betting on baseball!  ( Sorry, I am not religous  - hope that doesn't offend anyone)

NHL: Col v. Fla U5.5 - 110 - Saw this on twitter   - made sense - tailed it
Monster Parlay - Philly, STL, Det, Bos, KC, Oak, SD
ATL/Phi U8.5 
LAA - 130
KC TT O5.5 - 105
STL - 115
SD-1.5 - 110

I am devout and one highlight of church this morning was comparing notes with an early-60's age female fellow degen on how our various gambling outlets have been going during the Tourney.  No one should be offended, you do you bro.

I am making steak tacos for a traditional Easter family dinner.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So if they remove Ohtani from pitching....he'd have to go to another position to remain in the lineup right?  DH or outfield?

Pretty cool what they are doing tonight.

23 hours ago, facook said:

So if they remove Ohtani from pitching....he'd have to go to another position to remain in the lineup right?  DH or outfield?

Pretty cool what they are doing tonight.

He's have to move to a position.  They gave up the DH slot when he was in the hitting lineup as a SP.

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

He's have to move to a position.  They gave up the DH slot when he was in the hitting lineup as a SP.

Just looking over the play by play last night, looks like O was done for the game when he came out from pitching.