Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!!

The Ref

On 5/17/2021 at 2:02 PM, parasaurolophus said:

Where does southwest wifi geolocate you then? 

It sounds like your hypothesis is correct:

"The planes pick up broadband signals from the same transmitters that deliver Internet service to people on the ground. A transmitter sends waves in all directions, creating an invisible bubble as a signal footprint. So, the broadband signal doesn’t just travel to the north, south, east, and west, it also travels up. A transceiver mounted on the underside of the airplane picks up these transmissions.

As the plane travels, it moves out of range of one transmitter and checks into the next. This is exactly the same technology that keeps your Internet connection going when you are on a train, or travelling in a car."

Further:

"Many airlines include an entertainment section on their proprietary webpage because they don’t want you logging onto Netflix and using up all the bandwidth. They also block access to gaming websites, gambling sites, and torrent sites.  Remember that flights traveling over land will get their Internet connections from land-based transmitters. That entails complying with local Internet access laws. The governments of some countries - such as Pakistan - have given themselves the right to prosecute people for access to a wide number of websites, even if those people are not physically located within their jurisdiction. That means that you can break some local laws without realizing it, just because you flew into the airspace of a repressed locality."

Also good to keep in mind:

"WiFi Tricksters. If you are on a flight, then you probably have some spare money in the bank. This factor makes airline WiFi networks great places for cyber-looters. It is very easy to trick a crowd of people into handing over all of their log in information.

While the plane is taxi-ing onto the runway, you will be played a security video and then see a promotional presentation that details all of the features of the plane. The announcer states, “To log into out free WiFi, just select TURKISH_PLANE from the list of networks on your device.” Once the seatbelt sign goes off, you get up to your bag and get your tablet out. What was it? Oh, yes, there is TURKISH_AIRLINES_WIFI in the list.

You may think that you just connected to airplane’sWiFi. In fact, that shifty looking bloke sitting by the toilets has set up his own WiFi hotspot from his laptop and you connected to that. You are getting out onto the Turkish Airlines connection to the Internet, but everything is going through Mustapha’s computer first. This snooper can read everything you type in, because he didn’t encrypt the connection. This is a very common trick and is also carried out in places like Starbucks that offer free WiFi."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Angry Beavers said:

Our hero is 1 under! :banned:

Anything +1 or better is just fine.  This course is going to chew up and spit out a lot of golfers over the next two days.

• Like 1

Yesterday morning I threw lunch money on 3 guys going out early to be 1st round leader, figuring they would get out before the worst of the wind.  Just picked 3 I thought might be able to go low: Hovland 35-1, Koepka 55-1, Keegan Bradley 90-1.  Even with dead heat rules I would have made like 30-1.  And then Corey Conners had to go Happy Gilmore and crush my dreams.  :kicksrock:

15 hours ago, The Ref said:

Anything +1 or better is just fine.  This course is going to chew up and spit out a lot of golfers over the next two days.

-2 and in 8th  3 off the lead but it is Grace at -5 and then 6 guys at -3!  Our hero is going to have a shot heading into the weekend assuming he keeps it together these last 6 holes :scared:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:

-2 and in 8th  3 off the lead but it is Grace at -5 and then 6 guys at -3!  Our hero is going to have a shot heading into the weekend assuming he keeps it together these last 6 holes :scared:

I took him for a top 10 finish at +470 so who knows.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Courtjester said:

I took him for a top 10 finish at +470 so who knows.

We will have a firm handle on where we are at the end of the day.  Unfortunately yesterday was a bit of a wasted opportunity where he went off in the morning.

I don’t see anyone coming from 5-6 back to win this thing tomorrow.

Edited by The Ref
  • Like 1

I took Joker to get a double/double and Denver to win at +120

I also threw $25 on one of Dk's promos where for ever better on the Dal/Lac game it lowers the over. I know it is just going to be a $25 win-but guaranteed money is guaranteed money.

• Like 1

I put a little money on Brooks at 50-1 in an "Brooks Koepka will never ever be 50-1 ever ever again in a Major" bet late Wednesday night.  Phil is probably my favorite golfer ever.  If either of the final pairing win I'll be happy, but I'm hoping it's Phil.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Our hero needs to go low and needs some of the leaders to come back to him;  5 back and in 7th so he is definately going to need some luck. Those of you with Top 5, 10, 20 should like your chances better than the outright winner  - but never say never. 

If early scores are any indication, it looks like the chance for a low score is out there .. :shrug:

Added DeChambeau +1700 to win because I hate $ and if the winds are down (relatively) maybe he just bombs it all over the track  - and he is paired with our hero so why not take em' both

Edited by Angry Beavers

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, facook said:

I put a little money on Brooks at 50-1 in an "Brooks Koepka will never ever be 50-1 ever ever again in a Major" bet late Wednesday night.  Phil is probably my favorite golfer ever.  If either of the final pairing win I'll be happy, but I'm hoping it's Phil.

Well we got some guys shooting 7-8 under and others at par this morning.  Wind is down for the time being and low scores are possible.

I think it’s a 4 horse race at this point (last two groups) but it’s not as completely imposable as it was yesterday that a Bryson/Niemann/Grace could shoot the lights out and make a run at it.

Edited by The Ref
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:

Our hero needs to go low and needs some of the leaders to come back to him;  5 back and in 7th so he is definately going to need some luck. Those of you with Top 5, 10, 20 should like your chances better than the outright winner  - but never say never. 

If early scores are any indication, it looks like the chance for a low score is out there .. :shrug:

I chickened out and cashed out my bet on MGM last night, but this is why I will never get rich gambling because I am so risk adverse 

However, I took my winnings and put it on Phil to win so 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

MLB:STRAIGHT BET
PHI +115
MIL -120
DET - 135

DET F5 O2.5 -110  - Hedges is bad, Detroit is not exactly an offensive juggernaut....... but.... Let's go runs!

NHL:

NY +125/TB - 100/MIN +150  - pays 10 to 1.. why not?

Edited by Angry Beavers

Just now, Shaq90 said:

F5 - Cardinals ML, +165

Lance Lynn is gonna get got eventually and the Cardinals have the bats to do it.

+0.5 at +105 for the more risk adverse. Even Cardinals full game is a good lean if you're getting here late.

3 hours ago, Shaq90 said:

Lance Lynn is gonna get got eventually and the Cardinals have the bats to do it.

+0.5 at +105 for the more risk adverse. Even Cardinals full game is a good lean if you're getting here late.

Hey Em.

I played ATL ml 1 qtr vs Knicks

ATL up 4 with 12 seconds left in 1 qtr.

Trae Young called for phantom 3 PT foul with 1.1 seconds left in qtr.  Bullock sinks all 3 ft.  ATL up 1.

Gallinari throws a bad inbound pass directly out of bounds, Knicks inbound under Hawks basket with 1.1 seconds left.

Randle sinks 3 at buzzer.  LOSER.

FMMFL3TITAH.  I'm going to play dodge-car on the freeway.

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

Had my biggest single game bet ever on  Vegas last night (have had more down on games but spread out among multiple bets)

it was a DK promo, bet $600 get a $300 free bet so figured I’d roll the dice (I’m typically a $25-$50 a game bettor)

:moneybag:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Had my biggest single game bet ever on  Vegas last night (have had more down on games but spread out among multiple bets)

it was a DK promo, bet $600 get a $300 free bet so figured I’d roll the dice (I’m typically a $25-$50 a game bettor)

:moneybag:

I have one of these free bets from pointsbet on Patton Kizzire to win. But I roll much smaller. I did 50 bucks. 

23 minutes ago, Angry Beavers said:

adding CWS Game 1/SD Parlay

Hey @Shaq90  I mean, EM -  Leaning phily and Utah  - am on the right track?  :shrug:

Faves 18-4 SU and ATS in the Playoffs.  I mean...

• Thinking 1

7 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:

adding CWS Game 1/SD Parlay

Hey @Shaq90  I mean, EM -  Leaning phily and Utah  - am on the right track?  :shrug:

Other side for me. I think the Grizzlies can win straight up and will definitely cover the +5.

• Like 1