Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!!

• Replies 56.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChainsawU

• swirvenirvin

• lumpy19

• facook

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well dudes, interesting update!  My wife and daughter surprised me today, told me they were a comin home 10 days early and would be here within the hour.  The tumor is now so small that he wants to ho

Home.  Some 40 hours later and the kid is basically back to normal.  Amazing.  She'll move up to Orlando for a few months for the radiation treatment with the Mrssus but for her the scary part is over

Well dudes, we're not sure what is next....but tonight Izzy takes her last chemotherapy treatment.  We'll go up in a few weeks to take a peek in her skull to see 'sup...but for tonight - we celebrate.

46 minutes ago, ArbyMelt said:

What you got Gussy? Game flow and a Gamecock defense that gives up 200+ a game on the ground ..... Mack o98.5?

Sorry man, was taking a Real Estate Law final all morning. Good times. UGH. I didn't have a big chance to look. I kind of was leaning towards a Flowers O RU YDS, but they set that bar pretty high. I'm just tailing Goo here, which I'd probably advise if you've seen how my college props have gone the last few days. Whatever the opposite of a ripper is, I'm on it the last couple of days.

4 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Where is everyone on the CFB playoff? 

Think Clemson has some value at 13/2?

I've got futures on every team except Washington so I probably won't do anything. Ohio St. pays me the best at I believe 9-1

11 minutes ago, TheGooRoo said:

Flowers equally disappointing.  Garbage.

The good news is that the Flowers prop was the only one any of my outs offered, lol. About my luck the last few days. I'm feeling all Debbie Downer here. UGH.

Kind of surprised to see so many on the Evans over completions and under yards.... it's close in my eyes but if forced to take a side I think I see it the other way around

:oldunsure:

Edited by The Ref
37 minutes ago, The Ref said:

Kind of surprised to see so many on the Evans over completions and under yards.... it's close in my eyes but if forced to take a side I think I see it the other way around

:oldunsure:

Who are the so many? I only see me on the comp over?

8 minutes ago, The Ref said:

Well I do t have too much on this next one but if you have J Washington lined at 4.5 tonight I think that's an over waiting to happen.

Yup got that one, also Rudolph o20.5 and Hill o87.5, fields o4

Edited by lumpy19
20 hours ago, The Busy The Tired said:

Clippers won Q1 and 1H. I play quite a bit of those. Pelicans over was assuming that Paul wouldn't be on the court playing defense and successfully running the offense...

I lost all three of my plays on that game. Anything better than 0-3 would have been a better alternative than what happened.

It all goes back to that dumb beat writer feeding me bad information.

Love the excuses. :lmao:

As someone who used to gamble like a madman back in the day, you're making my day reading this stuff. My wife keeps asking me what's so funny.

Edited by Mr.Pack
  • Like 1

I was going to have an 8-Unit NFL 411 GOTY on Arizona this week. But some of the numbers changed and that play no longer qualified for the 411 System. I made it a 6-Unit Play and still like the game.

4-Unit Play. Take #264 Tennessee (-6.5) over Nebraska (3:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m., Friday, Dec. 30)

Music City Bowl.

Tennessee has been a big underachieving team this year. This team was supposed to compete for an SEC Championship. They have been up and down all year. But this team has several future NFL players on it. Butch Jones has a lot of talent here. And with the Volunteers playing closer to home with this game in Nashville I think that they have a big edge. This team really needs this win to put a positive spin on the season. And I think that they will get it. The Vols closed the year winning three of hteir last four games. Nebraska was just 2-3 SU in its last five. The Cornhuskers were able to pad their record against weak teams this year. The Volunteers are 5-0 ATS in their last five neutral site games and they are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games against teams with a winning record. I will go with the Vols in their home state.

6-Unit Play. Take #266 Michigan (-6.5) over Florida State (8 p.m., Friday, Dec. 30)

Orange Bowl.

I like the Wolverines here. Jim Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in the country. I think that he will take advantage of the long break and will have his team ready for this one. Michigan is one of the top teams in the country. They think that they should be playing in the playoffs right now and will want to prove to everyone that they are among the best teams in the country. Harbaugh has won his last two bowl games, including a big win in the Citrus Bowl last year. Florida State is the younger team in this game. And this team didn't play its best against the top teams on its schedule. The Seminoles are just 1-5 ATS in their last six neutral site games. Michigan is 7-2 ATS after a loss and I think that they will come back strong after their tough loss against Ohio State. The Wolverines are 4-1 ATS in their last five nonconference games. This spread opened at 6.0 and has moved up to 7.0. The sharp money is on the Wolverines in this one and I think that they will get it done.

4-Unit Play. Take #275 Iowa (+3) over Florida (1 p.m., Monday, Jan. 2)

Outback Bowl.

I am backing several teams from the Big Ten this year. That includes Iowa. I think that the Big Ten was the best conference in football this year with several powerhouse programs like Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa each having great years. Iowa has most of the players back from last year's 12-2 team. They were embarrassed in the Rose Bowl last year against Stanford, losing 45-16. I think that left a bad taste in these players' mouths. I think that they will want to come back and get a win in a major bowl against a team from the SEC. Florida won't be as up for this game. Their last time on the field was in the SEC Championship Game and they were blown out 54-16. They were also blown out 31-13 against Florida State in their final regular season game. Florida is 0-7 ATS in its last seven nonconference games and come into this bowl game on a 1-4 ATS slide. I like the underdog in this one. This should be a low-scoring game with two tough defenses taking control. I will take the points and I can see Iowa winning 24-20.

6-Unit Play. Take #278 Wisconsin  (-8) over Western Michigan (1 p.m., Monday, Jan. 2)

Cotton Bowl.

I will go with the Badgers here. I am sticking with the Big Ten! The Badgers have won back-to-back bowl games, beating USC last year in the Holiday Bowl and beating Auburn in the 2015 Outback Bowl. Wisconsin is one of the best teams in the country. They were this close to winning the Big Ten championship. Before that they had won six straight games in the Big Ten by an average of 19.3 points per game. I think that they can get another blowout here. Western Michigan is undefeated and excited to be in this bowl game. But this team is just 4-4 ATS in its last eight games. They barely beat a Northwestern team that Wisconsin dominated and beat easily. The other common opponent between these teams was Akron. WMU won 41-0 and Wisconsin won 54-10. The Badgers have dominated MAC teams and are 5-0 ATS in their last five games against teams from that smaller conference. The Badgers are on a 12-3 ATS run overall and they are 4-1 ATS in their last five nonconference games, including a win to start the season over LSU. I don't think that WMU is going to be able to slow down Wisconsin's powerful running game and I think that this team from the Big Ten is too much for the Broncos. Lay the points.

7-Unit Play. Take 'Under' 41.5 Baltimore at Cincinnati (1 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 1)

This is a game that neither team wants to play. Baltimore missed out on a chance to win the division and go to the playoffs last week when they lost in the final seconds at Pittsburgh. The Bengals had made the playoffs five straight years. They entered this season expecting to make the playoffs again but have had a disappointing season. The Bengals have had a lot of injuries to key offensive players and they are averaging just 19.9 points per game. This team has really struggled to score in the second half of the season and the 'under' is 6-1 in Cincinnati's last seven games overall. Baltimore has a Top 5 total defense and is allowing just 19.6 points per game. The defense has given up 87 points over the last three weeks. That is more than any other three-week stretch and I expect this group to bounce back. Both teams will run the ball a lot and I expect a game similar to the 19-14 game that these two teams played on Nov. 27 this year. The 'under' has hit in back-to-back games and is 5-3 in the last eight meetings. The 'under' is 13-6 in Cincinnati's last 19 games in Week 17 and the 'under' is 6-1 in the Bengals' last seven conference games.

4-Unit Play. Take #318 Tampa Bay (-5) over Carolina (1 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 1)

The Bucs have a slim chance of making the playoffs. They need to win this game so they will be putting in their full effort into this one. Tampa Bay already beat Carolina once this year, 17-14 on the road. And I think that they will get the job done here as well. The Panthers have had a disappointing season. They just want this year to be over. This team played in the Super Bowl last February and now isn't even going to the playoffs. I think that the Panthers could rest some of their key players or not have their stars play the whole game. Carolina will be without Luke Kuechly in this one and I can see them resting Cam Newton at some point as well. Tampa Bay is coming off back-to-back losses. But they are 6-1 ATS in their last seven games overall and have won three straight home games with wins over New Orleans, Seattle and Chicago. The Bucs will take this one.

4-Unit Play. Take 'Under' 43 Cleveland vs Pittsburgh (1 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 1)

Tough game to handicap with Pittsburgh locked in as number 3 seed. With Browns partying over there 1st win of the season and the fact we will see Landry and many second-Stringers. I feel the number is way to high in this game. Play the Under in a game that should not be over 32 points.

4-Unit Play. Take #331 Oakland (+1.5) over Denver (4 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 1)

The Raiders lost star quarterback Derek Carr to injury last week. But I think that everyone on this team is going to step up without Carr. The Raiders can still clinch the No. 1 seed in the playoffs and if they win and New England wins then the Raiders can get the No. 2 seed. That is important for this team because it would give them a bye week and extra time to get backup Matt McGloin ready. I won a big play on Kansas City against Denver on Sunday night. This Broncos team has quit on this season. They have lost three straight games and four of their last five games. This team won the Super Bowl last year. But they know they are not going to the playoffs this season so they are looking ahead to the offseason and next year. The Raiders are 7-2 ATS in their last nine games and have beaten the Broncos twice in a row, including a win in Denver last December. The Raiders have a lot more to play for in this one and I think that they will get the win.

6-Unit Play. Take #325 Arizona (-6.5) over Los Angeles (4 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 1)

Los Angeles is a team in turmoil. They fired their coach and there will be a lot more changes this offseason. The Rams just want the season to end and I don't see them putting forth much of an effort. Arizona is coming off a big win over Seattle. And this team has revenge for a tough home loss early in the season to Los Angeles. The Cardinals dominated that game. They outgained the Rams by 132 yards and blew several chances to break that game open thanks to five turnovers. That won't happen again. The road team has won four straight in this series and the Cardinals are 5-2 ATS in their last seven against the Rams. The Rams are just 1-9 SU in their last 10 games. They are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games and are on a 0-6 ATS slide. The Rams lost in the final seconds at home against the 49ers last week in a big in-state rivalry game. I don't think they will give that level of effort here for an interim coach. Arizona is a talented and well-coached team. They are 9-4 ATS in Week 17 and 21-10 ATS against a team with a losing record. The Rams are 0-6 ATS at home and I think that Arizona will deal them one last loss. Lay the points.

Allen Eastman

• Like 2