What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (13 Viewers)

I bought a subscription to this Curiosity Stream on Amazon that goes on my TV and have been watching it nonstop for like over 24 hours. Also Gaia. I bought that one too. I am this close to believing the pyramids were built by aliens and why China is kicking our ###.

Prehistoric life

PREHISTORIC CAMPING
Hey man do you want to go camping this weekend?
What do you mean?
I was thinking we could climb a mountain and hang out for a couple of days.
Why?
I don’t know I just sort of feel like getting away for a while.
Getting away from what? Are there any predators coming?
No. Did you see any predators?

PREHISTORIC SMALL TALK
Hey Ted. Seen any predators?
Nope. You?
Nah. Not lately.
What are you up to this weekend?
I don't know. I'll probably stand on a rock and look out for predators.
Yeah, same here.
Cool. See ya later.
See ya.

PREHISTORIC MARRIAGE
Do you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife?
I do.
Have you seen any predators?
No.
Has anyone seen any predators? (pause) Okay we're safe for a little while.

Hoops:

Miss St -2
TCU -12.5
Okie St. +4
Okie St. +165

CFB
Texas +8
UCF -3
UAB +1.5
Washington -5

UFC

Trying to find a way to play Usman tonight. My guess is I'll see if I've won any money by 11PM and drunkenly lay all of it on him at -300 or something stupid. Unless @hooter311 comes
along and tells me something different.
You were definitely on the smart money, fam.

Will post some plays tonight.

Tyson Fury +150

Fury/Wilder is PPV, it's $75 and not really worth it given that the undercard is trash (Joyce is a good prospect and Hurd's great, but they're fighting nobodies). I think slick fighters who move around a lot give Wilder some trouble, he was having a difficult time with Szpilka for 8 rounds until Szpilka ran into a huge shot that he didn't get up from. Fury's in good shape, his movement confounds other fighters, and Wilder is actually much better as a counter-puncher. He's the damned weirdest fighter in boxing right now, tall and lanky with pitiable form. He's insanely fast, but doesn't throw very basic punches correctly. He neglects very basic things, like not standing square to the opponent, or keeping your hands somewhat up, or working the body, or throwing body shots (he does jab to the body), and many times he's either had opponents mysteriously fall down for him (Stiverne II, Liakovich, most notoriously Malik Scott) or he'll legitimately bail himself out with a devastating right hand. It's going to be a cagey affair with each fighter wanting to suck the other one into missing so he can counter, which may make for a dull fight. I mean Fury won his title (which he never defended) in an absolute bore-fest, this one might not be different.

The one thing that holds me back from going more than a unit here is that Wilder's always gotten generous scorecards in the States, and he'll likely have more of the LA crowd behind him than Fury will, although it's LA so who the #### knows. Really partisan crowds can swing a couple rounds in the judges' minds, I think it's impossible to completely shut out a crowd's influence on your judging, especially since a crowd will cheer or pop for blocked punches. But there's good value on Fury.

@hooter311, have you seen Usyk fight yet?
I know I came in here touting Wilder a month or so ago, and I'll be rooting for the the man.  But a power puncher 40 lbs undersized with atrocious high level footwork is probably going to have a very frustrating time with the surprising speed that Fury has.

It was evident on Rogan's podcast that Fury has crawled out of whatever dark hole he had been living in and his life is on the right track now.

Wilder will give him some scares, nobody punches harder with worse footwork in the world.

Wilder's style would only work at HW, and it's been a great run, but a 19 year old Mike Tyson he is not.

Smart money is with GPJ and Fury as a dog.

Texas v. Oklahoma U 80 - All is takes is a couple stops to stay under the number; a little familiarity and the fact the maybe, just maybe OK wants to try to play a little D  - IDK everyone is on the over and the total keeps going up; I'll take the other side of a game I am not going to watch anyway cause' I got too much to do before Alabama and tOSU games.

GLTA
AB

Couldn't get talked out of unders on Washington Utah. Anybody trying to talk me out of passing overs on ut ou?

More Hoops:

E. Michigan +9
Texas Tech/Memphis U140
Marquette -2
Michigan -6
UC Irvine -1.5

MMA
Mark Willis (-125)

Pucks:

Sens (+155)
Should have played the O6 last night because now it's O6.5 and I'm going to pass. I really like the FP O1.5 but don't want to lay 165-170 to play it

Texas v. Oklahoma U 80 - All is takes is a couple stops to stay under the number; a little familiarity and the fact the maybe, just maybe OK wants to try to play a little D  - IDK everyone is on the over and the total keeps going up; I'll take the other side of a game I am not going to watch anyway cause' I got too much to do before Alabama and tOSU games.

GLTA
AB
I took over 78.5.  You are on the correct side.

on from earlier: (I really crushed it playing those lines earlier in the week :bag: )

NW+14
UCF-4

Adding UAB +1.5
Alabama/Georgia O 64
UCF/Memphis U 64

Might need some help here if it comes to it..... I think.... my guess (and I may be wrong) is Texas CB #27 Donovan Duvernet credit for a Catch when it should of been #6 Devin Duvernet

Pucks:

Sens (+155)
Should have played the O6 last night because now it's O6.5 and I'm going to pass. I really like the FP O1.5 but don't want to lay 165-170 to play it
3 goals in about 4 minutes to go over in the 3rd. Just silly. Nice hit on the ml.

I am tailing Paul Stone on the under 52 in Fresno/Boise.  Also took Boise pk last night...mostly cause I faded them at home against Fresno last year AND this year and Utah St last week and they have beat me each time. If ya can't beat em...

I am tailing Paul Stone on the under 52 in Fresno/Boise.  Also took Boise pk last night...mostly cause I faded them at home against Fresno last year AND this year and Utah St last week and they have beat me each time. If ya can't beat em...
Fourth time Fresno and BSU have played each other in 13 months.

Going to go the ol' spam the unders routine...$190 worth of round robins pays $50k

I bolded my favorite ones.

TOTAL u1½-140 - (Mauricio Rua vrs Tyson Pedro)

Game Start 12/01/2018 @ 10:40 PM

TOTAL u2½+179 - (Tony Martin vrs Jake Matthews)

Game Start 12/01/2018 @ 10:10 PM

TOTAL u2½+140 - (Yushin Okami vrs Alexey Kunchenko)

Game Start 12/01/2018 @ 08:40 PM

TOTAL u2½+143 - (Wilson Reis vrs Ben Nguyen)

Game Start 12/01/2018 @ 08:10 PM

TOTAL u2½+245 - (Mizuto Hirota vrs Christos Giagos)

Game Start 12/01/2018 @ 07:40 PM

TOTAL u2½-130 - (Elias Garcia vrs Kai Kara France)

Game Start 12/01/2018 @ 07:10 PM

TOTAL u2½-125 - (Alex Gorgees vrs Damir Ismagulov)

Game Start 12/01/2018 @ 06:10 PM

TOTAL u2½+210 - (Salim Touahri vrs Keita Nakamura)

Game Start 12/01/2018 @ 06:40 PM

#1 Clemson #2 ND #3 Georgia #4 bama?
Close enough...UGA 2 or 3 and Bama 4 so this game isn't rematched until the championship game.  Sigh.  (It's a good game, and they probably are the 2 best teams...I'm just so tired of Alabama.)

Users who are viewing this thread