Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!!

The Ref

2 hours ago, Angry Beavers said:

You think it is over?

It is time for change... go Blues and Raptors 

Yeah it's over.  I only care because of $...which puts me on Blues and Warriors.  But from a straight fan perspective I'd be with you on Blues and Raps.

• Like 1

Peter Lambert is making his first two big league starts versus the Cubs. He held them down at Wrigley on Thursday, only allowing 1 run thru a full seven innings pitched. Quintana has started three games at Coors and allowed 9 runs in 17.2 innings. Weird little situation with Lambert making his first two career starts versus the same team, within five days of each other, and at the MLB venue known for being so hitter-friendly. Surprised that the majority of bets have come in on the under though. I'm just gonna action junkie the #### out of this and cross my fingers and hope I'm rewarded for avoiding the juice..

Rockies +117
Rockies Over 5½ +105
Rockies 1st 5 Innings -½ +145

• Love 1

Finished 7-1-2 with ATL +½ -105 and Donaldson over Moran -115 cancelled because the game went final after 8. Lost on the Twinks F5 o3½ +120. I guess Rox knew what they were doing with Lambert. Dude is only 22 years old too.

Threw down a vegetarian dinner for booty since she's stopped eating meat. says it makes her sick/feel bad/etc. She been killing it at the gym lately working out twice a day and hitting the sauna/steam rooms. She's making an effort to improve herself. Tonight she only had three shots plus she hit a little bud while we hung out/I cooked, and it resulted in an actual pleasantly civil evening between the two of us; coherently functioning adults. Then I knocked her socks off with a homemade strawberry shortcake w/ angel food, fresh organic strawberries, vanilla Häagen-Dazs, whipped cream, and a strawberry glaze that topped it off like I'd been there before. I'd never even used that glaze stuff before but it made all the difference in the world.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Merton Hanks said:

Had approximately 16k in a reputable online book last night.  Logged in this morning with an approximate balance of 66k.   Looked at the transaction history, didn't hit a big futures bet, and there is also no deposit history.  What's the play?

How reputable is the book?  How important is your account there?

My first scumbag thought is withdraw 16k and then freeroll.

• Like 1

US open

Saunders -130 o Strake

Ortiz -170 o Tarren

Etulian -155 o Hillier

Hardy -155 o Hillier

Lee +100 o Stuard

Blair -175 o O'connell

Davis -125 o Pope

Lahiri +105 o Donald

Mcilroy -160 o Woods

Fowler -120 o Rahm

Fowler-125 o Schauffle

Rose -140 o Thorb

7 minutes ago, lumpy19 said:

How reputable is the book?  How important is your account there?

My first scumbag thought is withdraw 16k and then freeroll.

Betonline, not very important.   I've spent most of the day telling myself I'm going to alert them, but the scumbag nature of these books makes me think scumbag thoughts.  Just don't want to get shutdown if they somehow catch it prior to the 16k withdrawal and they confiscate everything during an "investigation".

They just changed the grading on something super far back in your history, and it reflects in your account now. So if it affected you to the positive, most likely it affected some dude(s) to the negative and they've already complained. Once they find it, your account will go back to normal. It's just a matter of time. You probably just make more weird, obscure wagers than the average NFL, NCAA, NBA, MLB bettor. But someone somewhere already knows about it. Either a customer, manager, or accountant somewhere, and it's being corrected as we speak. If you really wanted to take advantage of it, I'd give it a month before I'd try any withdrawals or whatever.. I'd give it a long time for sure.

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2019 at 11:08 AM, ChainsawU said:

me and booty woman were at the pool last night, being quiet and minding out own business. the novice concierge walked thru and asked us to leave. said the pool area was closed for the night 30 minutes ago. kinda ruined my night a little bit!

I went over his head to his boss. Found out the kid's only 18 years old and was "just doing his job." The boss man was like, "Were you being quiet? I'll talk to him." So I tried to apologize to the kid just now and hand him a $50 Macy's gift card - turns out the boss never said a word to the kid. Never said a word. Then on top of that the kid refused to accept the gift card! I let him know that if he wants to succeed he needs to learn to accept gratuity and he finally accepted it, but man that little bastard is frustrating the #### out of me so far :hot:

On 6/4/2019 at 3:57 PM, facook said:

The dude with the $100,000 Blues futures ticket, I hope he cashes that ish.  Partly cause I have the Blues plus money in the series, but mostly to stick it to the shraps that all said he should hedge and have been a little condescending toward him since he hasn't hedged.  He bet with his heart.  As Mick Jagger said, Sometimes, all you need is love.

On 6/7/2019 at 7:52 PM, facook said:

Remember that time I didn't hedge out?  What a friggin loser.

On 6/9/2019 at 4:51 PM, facook said:

I am happy for him and hope he wins it tonight.  But as good as Boston has been and especially as good as they've been off of a loss AND after the no-call that helped STL last game...I'd hedge tonight.

Good for the dude.  Show those effing Shraps who is boss.  NEVER hedge, amiright @lumpy19?  (Also, I DID hedge on this series, but not on the NBA.  FML...It's FAAAANtastic.)

20 hours ago, ChainsawU said:

Threw down a vegetarian dinner for booty since she's stopped eating meat. says it makes her sick/feel bad/etc. She been killing it at the gym lately working out twice a day and hitting the sauna/steam rooms. She's making an effort to improve herself. Tonight she only had three shots plus she hit a little bud while we hung out/I cooked, and it resulted in an actual pleasantly civil evening between the two of us; coherently functioning adults. Then I knocked her socks off with a homemade strawberry shortcake w/ angel food, fresh organic strawberries, vanilla Häagen-Dazs, whipped cream, and a strawberry glaze that topped it off like I'd been there before. I'd never even used that glaze stuff before but it made all the difference in the world.

If she loses dat ayss I am gonna be piiiiisssed.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

On VISN earlier today I believe that stat was in Stanley Cup finals game 7's in the past 60 years there hasn't been an over. I believe the under was 12-0-1. I'll try to confirm that

ETA: It's actually since 1950 no Stanley Cup finals game 7 has had more than 5 goals scored. 13 times and 12 were under 5 and one hit 5

Edited by Penguin

8 minutes ago, Penguin said:

On VISN earlier today I believe that stat was in Stanley Cup finals game 7's in the past 60 years there hasn't been an over. I believe the under was 12-0-1. I'll try to confirm that

ETA: It's actually since 1950 no Stanley Cup finals game 7 has had more than 5 goals scored. 13 times and 12 were under 5 and one hit 5

They pulled the goalie with 3 minutes left and it only pushed cause Boston scored.  Blues no score with empty net.  We need to remember this next year.

Gotta say, I think the Raptors -325 current series price is too high. Just looking at it from a game 6 perspective. GS is around -145 tomorrow, why would I lay -325 on Toronto. I'd much rather take GS +270 and if they win revisit Toronto going into game 7

1 hour ago, parasaurolophus said:

US open thoughts anybody? 

I have kuchar at 50-1. Horschel at 200-1. Vegas at 300-1. Thomas at 25-1 and Schauffle at 25-1.

Fading Bubba and Rahm.  Played Leishman and Dechambeau to miss cut.  Played a little on Furyk top 20 and Bling top amateur.  Have a few futures including a "maybe this year" on Phil.

1 hour ago, facook said:

Fading Bubba and Rahm.  Played Leishman and Dechambeau to miss cut.  Played a little on Furyk top 20 and Bling top amateur.  Have a few futures including a "maybe this year" on Phil.

Whoops.

1 hour ago, comfortably numb said:

Plan on hedging out?

I think I will gamble the warriors win tonight and if so i will hedge out some/all if it goes 7.

Not yet.  Like you, I might hedge some on game 7 if we get there. Mostly I'm considering it sunk cost for caring about the NBA playoffs this year.

I think it was the smart play to hedge out on the Blues, but kinda kicking myself for doing it now.  :D 

Didn’t I see a ffawt brother play raps +5000 preseason?  Cheers to you!  Not personally happy about the outcome but if a homeboy stripes some cash?  I’m here for it.  

Years ago I bought a box of national treasures basketball cards for like 600 bucks.  Hit a Kawhi rookie autograph redemption card.  Claimed it, sold it for 600, got my money back out of the box and a bunch of other cards!

its selling for between $5,000-$20,000 now depending on the condition.  Awesome decision by me to sell.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, got_nugs said:

Didn’t I see a ffawt brother play raps +5000 preseason?  Cheers to you!  Not personally happy about the outcome but if a homeboy stripes some cash?  I’m here for it.  

Years ago I bought a box of national treasures basketball cards for like 600 bucks.  Hit a Kawhi rookie autograph redemption card.  Claimed it, sold it for 600, got my money back out of the box and a bunch of other cards!

its selling for between $5,000-$20,000 now depending on the condition.  Awesome decision by me to sell.

Hedging to immediately cash in is always the right decision

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

On 8/18/2018 at 9:07 PM, ChainsawU said:

I can't stand Rich Hill twisting up his face and crying every time he gets upset on the mound. No way am I backing that guy.

Dude still swears up and down every time he so much as allows a base runner. I like that number on Hendricks too.