What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings Week 15 (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
Figured I would get the thread started.  Let's either keep our streaks going or make this week the start of a winning streak!

Like I posted in last week's thread, I still think starting with the Bell/DJ combo is the way to go damn near every week.  I think there are decent savings in places at the WRs/TEs that we could easily get QB of your choice + Bell/DJ + a good D and work our way through the other spots. 

Figured I would get the thread started.  Let's either keep our streaks going or make this week the start of a winning streak!

Like I posted in last week's thread, I still think starting with the Bell/DJ combo is the way to go damn near every week.  I think there are decent savings in places at the WRs/TEs that we could easily get QB of your choice + Bell/DJ + a good D and work our way through the other spots. 
TBH.... Its gonna be tough to put Bell AND DJ in the same roster this week. They eat almost 1/3rd of your budget combined. 

TBH.... Its gonna be tough to put Bell AND DJ in the same roster this week. They eat almost 1/3rd of your budget combined. 
I said that last week too, and while they are more expensive, they aren't that much more than they were last week.  In the last 5 weeks Bell has scored 60 more DK pts than Zeke and DJ has scored 30 more.  Bell has damn near doubled up the 5th-6th scorers in that time as well.  It is nuts to think about, and I just think that at least should be your starting point and see what you can come up with.  WRs are so up and down, especially at the top salaries. 

Salary saving idea #1:  min priced TE

Two stick out at min priced - Gresham and D.Brown.  Both are at home which is usually better for TEs, and both are going against a good Qb that might keep the home team from grinding it out.  Neither is a sexy pick, but Brown has scored 10+ points in 2 of the last 3 games and GB hasn't been great vs. TEs lately.  Gresham has 3 straight games with 5 catches and has gone 3.8x or higher on his salary each of his last 4 games. 

Super crazy idea #1:  use both. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Salary saving idea #2:  take a shot at a cheaper D

DK's pricing is pretty rough as far as Ds go.  I love the idea of going with Buff or Seattle, but is it worth the extra 1000 or so? That's the question.  One D that I like this week is NYG vs. Det for 2900.  Little riskier, but they handled a better team in Dallas this week, and I like the idea of dome/warm weather teams getting out in the cold and wind for Ds to target. 

Hey Karma, I know you have been using the "Stud RB" plan a while. I would be interested in knowing how often it has paid off for you. Is it working 75% of the time in your cash LU's? Sounds like you have been doing very well with this, and I understand the thought process. Bell and DJ have really been rock solid all year. Who are you putting at the 3rd RB spot this week?

Salary saving idea # 3:  take look at the fill in guy or the unsexy home Rb. 

Assuming Gordon will be out this week, Farrow should be considered.  Did well vs. a better run D last week after Gordon left, and I like that he was also involved in the passing game.  He's at home (albeit in as home dogs), in good weather, and in one of the games with the highest 0/u. He is 4400 and Oakland has been giving up 25+ pts/g to the RB over the last 5 weeks.  We would be looking to get about 14pts from Farrow.

Another idea is McKinnon or  Asiata they are 4000 and 3400.  Indy has been run on most of the year, and Houst was able to do the same last week.  McKinnon has more receiving equity, and Asiata gets a ton of the RZ work.  His price did jump this week, but McKinnon has gone 3x+ each of the last 3 weeks.  Asiata has done the same 2 of the last 3 weeks, but only does so when he gets a TD. 

Hey Karma, I know you have been using the "Stud RB" plan a while. I would be interested in knowing how often it has paid off for you. Is it working 75% of the time in your cash LU's? Sounds like you have been doing very well with this, and I understand the thought process. Bell and DJ have really been rock solid all year. Who are you putting at the 3rd RB spot this week?
@podunker

I am horrible about not writing this down and keeping track of stuff.  Off hand, I can only remember one week of the last 6 or so that my gpps bailed me out and my cash LU didn't hit.  I really need to keep track of these things.  It was easier several weeks ago because the studs were still in the 7000-8000 range and you could also jam some good WRs too, now it's hard. 

Last week it hit with 3 studs - Bell/DJ/D.Murray and I also hit with my weird 2 TE LU with Bell/DJ that allowed me to get a couple better WRs in there too - Sanders/Edelman. 

This week is pretty rough as I look over stuff.  With the matchup, you gotta like McCoy over Zeke for that 3rd stud, but that will be interesting to try to roster Bell/DJ/McCoy (I know, b/c I have one written down that I am staring at ;) )  Freeman looks fantastic as far as matchup on paper, but he did last week as well.  After that, I think the 4 Rbs from 6K-5800 are interesting.  Howard should be used a lot to try to keep Rodgers off the field, L.Murray has been scoring a bunch lately and his price doesn't seem to reflect that, Hyde is on the road but gets his and Atl is one of the worst rush Ds lately, and Rawls should get a ton of carries vs LA.  Of those, I like Murray the best.  After that, maybe the couple ideas I had above. 

Long story short, not sure if I will go for the true "3 stud RB" LU this week.  Most of the time I have had success with RB or super cheap TE in the flex.  BUT DK has really made the pricing tough and now there isn't that handful of Rbs in the 4000s that catch passes as well, and they have really ramped up their matchup pricing as well - ie any RB going up against Cleveland or SF. 

Here is a quick one that I wrote down:

Ryan - Bell/DJ - R.Matthews/M.Lee/S.Roberts - Gresham - L.Murray - NYG

Looking at the WRs more.  Matthews keeps coming up, but I also saw Oak struggle in KC last week, and think their O is usually better than Tenn.  Just did Ryan in there to see what the highest priced guy gets me. 

Dodds doesn't like my ideas as much this week which gives me pause.  That said, I don't know why he has Cam as QB4 on the road, so we will just disagree on things.  When was the last time he did anything?

I definitely think the first choice is whether or not to go with the two stud RBs and then try to figure the rest out from there. I've argued in favor of 2 top RBs in recent weeks, but am thinking this might be the week to pass on the strategy. Though maybe that changes with more injury news.

Initially leaning towards just one of DJ/Bell based upon how many attractive lower-priced options there are at RB. Injury updates on Gordon and any expected usage news on Farrow ($4,400) will be big. Still need to monitor the news out of Baltimore on how they'll use Dixon, but he's interesting at $3,800. Then the middle tier with guys like Ware, L. Murray, Hyde, Ingram, etc. looks pretty strong too. If Farrow and Dixon look poised to be the main guys, you can build a pretty loaded lineup with them. Something like (Sunday only):

A. Smith 

Bell, Farrow, Dixon

OBJ, Jordy, Meredith

Delanie

Ravens

I just entered this LU in my league 

Flacco

DJ, Bell

Anderson, Lee, Meredith

Pitta

L Murray

Giants

I will still tinker with it of course

I definitely think the first choice is whether or not to go with the two stud RBs and then try to figure the rest out from there. I've argued in favor of 2 top RBs in recent weeks, but am thinking this might be the week to pass on the strategy. Though maybe that changes with more injury news.

Initially leaning towards just one of DJ/Bell based upon how many attractive lower-priced options there are at RB. Injury updates on Gordon and any expected usage news on Farrow ($4,400) will be big. Still need to monitor the news out of Baltimore on how they'll use Dixon, but he's interesting at $3,800. Then the middle tier with guys like Ware, L. Murray, Hyde, Ingram, etc. looks pretty strong too. If Farrow and Dixon look poised to be the main guys, you can build a pretty loaded lineup with them. Something like (Sunday only):

A. Smith 

Bell, Farrow, Dixon

OBJ, Jordy, Meredith

Delanie

Ravens
I forgot about how good Dixon looked vs. my Pats this week, and was coming in to add him to my above post.  I just keep coming back to the high priced RB vs WRs.  More expensive for sure, but both Bell and DJ are seeing targets like a WR1 mixed in with their rushing totals.  Nelson is about as close as a lock as there is at the top, but all of the big 4 WRs have had duds.  DJ and his 18pts last week is probably what his floor is.  A LU that I came up with after remembering Dixon:

Taylor

Bell, DJ, Dixon

Crabtree, R.Matthews, M.Lee

Gresham

KC

I like that you don't have to go bottom of the barrel on this one besides Gresham, and I like him even more if they sit Floyd. 

I forgot about how good Dixon looked vs. my Pats this week, and was coming in to add him to my above post.  I just keep coming back to the high priced RB vs WRs.  More expensive for sure, but both Bell and DJ are seeing targets like a WR1 mixed in with their rushing totals.  Nelson is about as close as a lock as there is at the top, but all of the big 4 WRs have had duds.  DJ and his 18pts last week is probably what his floor is.  A LU that I came up with after remembering Dixon:

Taylor

Bell, DJ, Dixon

Crabtree, R.Matthews, M.Lee

Gresham

KC

I like that you don't have to go bottom of the barrel on this one besides Gresham, and I like him even more if they sit Floyd. 
Yeah, the rub for me is that while I agree that Bell/DJ are much safer (and have more upside) than the top WRs, the top WRs are now $1400-$2800 cheaper. Plus, for the first week in a while, I like the cheap RBs better than the cheap WRs so I don't like the idea of having to limit myself to just one of the bargain RBs. 

So let's say it's DJ, Rishard Matthews and Marqise Lee (18,700) vs. Farrow (if Gordon's out), OBJ and Jordy ($19,300). You're taking a big hit at multiple WR positions just for the RB upgrade. 

Or if you go down from DJ/Bell to somebody like Latavius/Ware/Powell, you're saving ~$4,500, which again buys you a couple pretty big upgrades elsewhere. 

Interesting to think about and debate. I'm glad that DK is making the adjustment to price these guys way up and start pricing down the mid-lower tier runners to force people to make tougher decisions. Sucks that these double ups have had 70%+ ownership on both guys week after week and everyone's lineups are built the same way.

Edit to add: Just saw that Gordon is out this week. Farrow played 55 of 57 snaps after Gordon went down. 16 carries and 6 catches. Only $4,400. Unless we get some indication that Ronnie Hillman is going to have a big role, Farrow's almost a must play with that type of workload against a mediocre Raiders defense. 

Yeah, the rub for me is that while I agree that Bell/DJ are much safer (and have more upside) than the top WRs, the top WRs are now $1400-$2800 cheaper. Plus, for the first week in a while, I like the cheap RBs better than the cheap WRs so I don't like the idea of having to limit myself to just one of the bargain RBs. 

So let's say it's DJ, Rishard Matthews and Marqise Lee (18,700) vs. Farrow (if Gordon's out), OBJ and Jordy ($19,300). You're taking a big hit at multiple WR positions just for the RB upgrade. 

Or if you go down from DJ/Bell to somebody like Latavius/Ware/Powell, you're saving ~$4,500, which again buys you a couple pretty big upgrades elsewhere. 

Interesting to think about and debate. I'm glad that DK is making the adjustment to price these guys way up and start pricing down the mid-lower tier runners to force people to make tougher decisions. Sucks that these double ups have had 70%+ ownership on both guys week after week and everyone's lineups are built the same way.
Great points, and I need the bolded visualized this way for me sometimes.  I get what you are saying about the top WRs and top RBs having such a big $ gap now.  In the end, I just never seem to pay up at WR on DK for cash ever.  Too many times that 8k is getting you a 10pt game vs the 24pts you need to justify the salary.  That said, I like the bolded, and even if I wouldn't gravitate to OBJ in cash, what you are saying would get somebody 2-3 WRs in the 6000-7000 range.

So let's just say that I start with a core of Taylor/Bell/Dixon/Farrow/Gresham/NYG  that would leave just under 21K for WRs.  You could go with something like OBJ/Fitz/Crabree if you like OBJ this week, or something like Nelson/Fitz/Sanders.  Interesting to think about. 

Great points, and I need the bolded visualized this way for me sometimes.  I get what you are saying about the top WRs and top RBs having such a big $ gap now.  In the end, I just never seem to pay up at WR on DK for cash ever.  Too many times that 8k is getting you a 10pt game vs the 24pts you need to justify the salary.  That said, I like the bolded, and even if I wouldn't gravitate to OBJ in cash, what you are saying would get somebody 2-3 WRs in the 6000-7000 range.

So let's just say that I start with a core of Taylor/Bell/Dixon/Farrow/Gresham/NYG  that would leave just under 21K for WRs.  You could go with something like OBJ/Fitz/Crabree if you like OBJ this week, or something like Nelson/Fitz/Sanders.  Interesting to think about. 
Yeah, the more I dig into it trying to put together WR value ranking, I'm realizing I like the idea of the $7000-8000 WRs more than the reality of the actual options... 

-Jordy's been on fire, so I liked him a lot at first glance. More I dig in, Chicago has done a really good job against opposing #1s. Including holding Nelson to 1 catch for 9 yards last meeting. Still kind of like him, but he's not a slam dunk. 

-Bengals usually limit AB pretty well, including 4-39-0 in the first meeting.

-Detroit's been holding onto the ball all game and limiting opposing offensive snaps (OBJ).

-Dallas is pretty tough against #1 WRs (Evans) and that game is going to be really slow-paced. 

The extra cap space is great in theory and I do like the cheap RBs a lot, but not sure what to spend the extra money on, so maybe it is another DJ/Bell week. 

Just starting my research, got a late start this week. But a few things stand out to me that I haven't seen mentioned much. 

Now I have not even looked at salaries yet........but 

Blount seems like he would be a beast this week against Denver. NE should pound the ball with him and not try that pass defense, or risk Brady getting hit by Miller. 

McCoy has to be in play against the Browns defense. The only thing you have to worry about with McCoy is Gills getting red zone touches, so I could understand not using him. 

Freeman falls into the McCoy category, great matchup, but who knows how much run Coleman gets.

I also like Hyde in the game at Atlanta. 

Farrow is a nice value play this week. 

Dixon did look good against NE, but he has looked good for a while and the Ravens seem content on keeping it a time share. The week before West got the catches even. 

I think Zeke is still a great play at home against TB. Garret needs to get his head out of his a@@ and give him the freakin ball. Plus, don't be taking him out on passing downs. Garrett cost Dallas the win last week as far as I am concerned. 

With all that, DJ and Bell are always in play, I like DJ's matchup better, but Bells coach knows how to feed his stud, Arians doesn't. 

I think there is a lot of value at RB this week, and you could go with lower priced guys if you want..............

I also like Hyde in the game at Atlanta. 
My concern is time of possession with this one. I can see ATL extending drives all day long in this one. Really liking Devonta Freeman and Gabriel, but mostly Freeman, even though he didn't play a ton of snaps last week.

Hillman was inactive last week which is why Farrow played every snap. Need some sort of news about how much they plan to use Farrow to feel comfortable about it. 

Salary saving idea #2:  take a shot at a cheaper D

DK's pricing is pretty rough as far as Ds go.  I love the idea of going with Buff or Seattle, but is it worth the extra 1000 or so? That's the question.  One D that I like this week is NYG vs. Det for 2900.  Little riskier, but they handled a better team in Dallas this week, and I like the idea of dome/warm weather teams getting out in the cold and wind for Ds to target. 
My concern with Buffalo is they are just not a good defense overall. I'll probably keep it simple with Baltimore or GB. Granted, GB is not exactly a stellar defense, but they have definitely fixed something in their secondary.

My concern is time of possession with this one. I can see ATL extending drives all day long in this one. Really liking Devonta Freeman and Gabriel, but mostly Freeman, even though he didn't play a ton of snaps last week.

Hillman was inactive last week which is why Farrow played every snap. Need some sort of news about how much they plan to use Farrow to feel comfortable about it. 

My concern with Buffalo is they are just not a good defense overall. I'll probably keep it simple with Baltimore or GB. Granted, GB is not exactly a stellar defense, but they have definitely fixed something in their secondary.
These are the posts that point out how hard this has become, and makes me want to go back to my protective shell of jamming in stud Rbs if I can. 

Freeman is in a great spot, but he was last week and WTF happened.  We can't ignore the risk that Coleman poses to his potential.

It seems like a Blount game, but it's in Denver and they have allowed only about 16-17pts/g to Rbs over the last few weeks.  That's not a lot, and us hoping he gets to 3x means he is the only one touching the ball, or the Pats are going to just keep running and running and surpass that average. 

Free brings up a great point about Hillman that needs to be monitored as far as the Farrow situation goes.  There are other backs in SD, and one wasn't active.  We will have to see if there is info on how they will be used this week. 

Somebody else brought up that we saw a good week from Dixon a few weeks ago and the next game West went off.  It is still a time share, but you really can't beat that salary he has.  I would rather go there than a WR in the 3000s for sure. 

There really isn't anybody I am feeling strongly about outside of the big 4 at this time - I think L.Murray might be the closest.  This is shaping up to be a weird week. 

Yeah, the more I dig into it trying to put together WR value ranking, I'm realizing I like the idea of the $7000-8000 WRs more than the reality of the actual options... 

-Jordy's been on fire, so I liked him a lot at first glance. More I dig in, Chicago has done a really good job against opposing #1s. Including holding Nelson to 1 catch for 9 yards last meeting. Still kind of like him, but he's not a slam dunk. 

-Bengals usually limit AB pretty well, including 4-39-0 in the first meeting.

-Detroit's been holding onto the ball all game and limiting opposing offensive snaps (OBJ).

-Dallas is pretty tough against #1 WRs (Evans) and that game is going to be really slow-paced. 

The extra cap space is great in theory and I do like the cheap RBs a lot, but not sure what to spend the extra money on, so maybe it is another DJ/Bell week. 
:yes:

When I have looked at it in the last couple weeks I have felt that way too.  It's nice to have the extra $, but if you don't feel strongly about those WRs, there is no point.  I think this is a fun way to go against the grain in tourneys this week - go with 2-3 of the cheaper Rbs and load up on WRs.  I had one that was fun that featured Dez, Evans, OBJ that I liked. 

I like Nelson the most of them, but that game is going to be miserable too.  I think we are supposed to have a high of 2-3 degrees or some silly thing around here this weekend.  At some point the weather does effect the game as the football becomes a rock. 

Here's what I'm looking at for cash this week. Feel free to chime in. 

Cousins has a fairly nice floor (21.4 avg FPPG) and a nice ceiling with two 30 point performances in the last 5 games.

Le'Veon will do Le'Veon things.

Blount has a juicy matchup against Denver Run D. I expect NE to be hot and heavy on the run and give Blount plenty of redzone opportunities. 

Thielen has had a nice consistency lately the last 6 or 7 games with an approximate~ 3x return on his salary value.

Tyreek has a modest floor with a nice ceiling. I paired up KC Defense as a stack

Garcon I like having exposure to Carolina Secondary this week, and Garcon is a cheap option with a nice floor and high ceiling. Cousins has so many weapons, its always hard to choose the beneficiary, but cost savings this week is crucial and Garcon will deliver the goodies.

Kelce is probably the chalkiest play this week (aside from Eifert) and the TE position is lacking much alternatives.

Walker I like playing TE's with young QBs at tough away games. I expect Mariota to use Delanie as his security blanket. 

KC Defense: I love the Titans right now, but since their bye in week 5, the Chiefs have scored at least 10 fantasy points in 89% of their games.  

If you don't like KC and don't like playing a Defense along with opposing offensive players, I would pivot to Baltimore. Baltimore D is scary at home and they have a nice ceiling. 

Here's what I'm looking at for cash this week. Feel free to chime in. 

Cousins has a fairly nice floor (21.4 avg FPPG) and a nice ceiling with two 30 point performances in the last 5 games.

Le'Veon will do Le'Veon things.

Blount has a juicy matchup against Denver Run D. I expect NE to be hot and heavy on the run and give Blount plenty of redzone opportunities. 

Thielen has had a nice consistency lately the last 6 or 7 games with an approximate~ 3x return on his salary value.

Tyreek has a modest floor with a nice ceiling. I paired up KC Defense as a stack

Garcon I like having exposure to Carolina Secondary this week, and Garcon is a cheap option with a nice floor and high ceiling. Cousins has so many weapons, its always hard to choose the beneficiary, but cost savings this week is crucial and Garcon will deliver the goodies.

Kelce is probably the chalkiest play this week (aside from Eifert) and the TE position is lacking much alternatives.

Walker I like playing TE's with young QBs at tough away games. I expect Mariota to use Delanie as his security blanket. 

KC Defense: I love the Titans right now, but since their bye in week 5, the Chiefs have scored at least 10 fantasy points in 89% of their games.  

If you don't like KC and don't like playing a Defense along with opposing offensive players, I would pivot to Baltimore. Baltimore D is scary at home and they have a nice ceiling. 
I like a lot of that, but have a few observations:

1.  That is a lot of KC action for cash

2.  I talked about Blount above.  People are on him, but I just don't have a great peg on that game. 

3.  I love his price, but if I remember correctly, KC and Berry are one of the best Ds vs. opposing TEs.  I think they haven't let a TE been better than TE16 on the week or something like that. 

I like a lot of that, but have a few observations:

1.  That is a lot of KC action for cash

2.  I talked about Blount above.  People are on him, but I just don't have a great peg on that game. 

3.  I love his price, but if I remember correctly, KC and Berry are one of the best Ds vs. opposing TEs.  I think they haven't let a TE been better than TE16 on the week or something like that. 
I agree it is a lot of exposure to KC offense. I'm high on KC because theyve basically had a mini bye with 10 days of rest for the Titans. 

Another option is pivoting to Rishard Matthews. Im too lazy to look up the stat but KC gives up something like the 2nd most recieving yards to opposing WRs in the league.  

I agree it is a lot of exposure to KC offense. I'm high on KC because theyve basically had a mini bye with 10 days of rest for the Titans. 

Another option is pivoting to Rishard Matthews. Im too lazy to look up the stat but KC gives up something like the 2nd most recieving yards to opposing WRs in the league.  
Yeah, I was just looking at it.  Looks like Tenn has let the most DK pts/g to WRs over the last 5 weeks and KC is 6th most.  About the same as far as pts/g to Qbs for the two Ds as well with Tenn most, and KC 10th most over that time.  Looks like a good idea to target this game after looking at it more.  I think the Oak failure in KC is just too fresh in my mind as well.

Well, have one going in for a little Thursday-Monday action in cash.  Obviously I can tweak it, but did it to get Seattle D and the possibility of Cousins and/or R.Anderson. 

Taylor

DJ/Bell/Farrow

D.Thomas/R.Anderson/Roberts

Gresham

Seattle

Still debating on Farrow/Dixon and DThomas/Crabtree/Diggs going cheaper at any of them will get a "better" WR than Roberts or maybe get me to Cousins.

Also did a Thurs-Mon $1 gpp:

Flacco

DJ/Bell/McCoy

Perriman/Stills/C.Patterson

Gresham

NYG

I have about 5-6 more gpp LUs written down with DJ/Bell + McCoy or Zeke that I actually don't hate.  Probably just enter them in cheap ones this weekend.

Locked this in for tonight-

T. Taylor

Bell

Murray

Gabriel

Hill

R. Matthews

L.Green

Blount

Seattle 

Well, have one going in for a little Thursday-Monday action in cash.  Obviously I can tweak it, but did it to get Seattle D and the possibility of Cousins and/or R.Anderson. 

Taylor

DJ/Bell/Farrow

D.Thomas/R.Anderson/Roberts

Gresham

Seattle

Still debating on Farrow/Dixon and DThomas/Crabtree/Diggs going cheaper at any of them will get a "better" WR than Roberts or maybe get me to Cousins.

Also did a Thurs-Mon $1 gpp:

Flacco

DJ/Bell/McCoy

Perriman/Stills/C.Patterson

Gresham

NYG

I have about 5-6 more gpp LUs written down with DJ/Bell + McCoy or Zeke that I actually don't hate.  Probably just enter them in cheap ones this weekend.
I have an incredibly hard time paying up for defense in a week where we are pinching pennies to jam DJ and Bell.   I understand the projection is great, but if they don't score a TD they aren't justifying the price tag.  It is also pushing you to Roberts, which is terrifying.   What does using Crabtree over DT and going down at D get you in that last spot?

I have an incredibly hard time paying up for defense in a week where we are pinching pennies to jam DJ and Bell.   I understand the projection is great, but if they don't score a TD they aren't justifying the price tag.  It is also pushi to Roberts, which is terrifying.  .   What does using Crabtree over DT and going down at D get you in that last spot?
I will honest, i don't have a great reason for it besides not liking my LUs to look exactly the same.  I am guessing I could tweak the D, go down to Crabtree and it might get me to R.Matthews?  Thurs-Monday doesn't have as many contsests, so I only have about $5 on this LI  

Alright, free you convinced me I was being too silly with the LU.  Changed the D and have Crabtree/R.Matt/Anderson for my WRs. 

Been a very busy week, but here is my Thur/Mon cash LU for the week

Cousins-Dj-Zeke-Anderson-Garcon-Lee-Doyle-T. Coleman-Seattle

I get that it's $1, and I do silly things sometimes for gpps, but I will still never understand these Thurs-Mon entries that just load up on all the players from the TNF game an maybe 1-2 players from another game.  It's not like it's Atl vs. Wash or something that would seem to have a ton of plays.  Where is exactly does jamming in the likes of Austin, Rawls, Gurley, and Kearse ever going to get you?? 

That said, I do love seeing those entries b/c it brings up the odds of my LU doing something as these ones score their 90pts total from that gross game. 

Also, I am glad I decided against Rawls in my season long playoffs and in dfs this week despite them being huge home faves.  He really hasn't done much after teasing us in that Carolina game. 

Spent a few hours last night making up some LU's with the "3 Stud" RB plan. I actually think that is the way I am going with my other two cash LU for the week, may even edit my Thur/Mon one. 

-I can't find any real higher priced QB that I just have to have, and that are in good matchups. Everyone is talking about Ryan, and he does have a great matchup, but I am not sold on them needing to pass the ball to win the game. They could just run in down their throats. Plus, in a blow out, they are going to be killing clock the second half. So I think he has some risk. I am focusing on QB's in good weather, I think that is important this time of year. 

- I am thinking the same at WR. OBJ and Evans are in good matchups for sure. But I also like some of the cheap WR's this week. 

-TE is another place you can go cheap, but there is some value there. 

To go 3 stud RB's, you pretty much have to go cheap every place else. But, I may be willing to take the risk at the other spots more than at RB. 

We shall see.........still making LU's 

My top 3 RB's are DJ, Bell, and Zeke...............so that may be different than what other people think. McCoy is in a good spot, but Gills stealing TD's is a concern, plus they may take McCoy out if they start blowing the Browns out. 

This was my place holder lineup I put in on Tuesday:

Big Ben

Bell / McCoy

Adams / R. Matthews / Wallace

Greshem

Dixon

Patriots

Time to go back in and tweek it. I think Ben needs to go and I may come off McCoy for the reasons some of you have stated.  I see everyone on on Taylor at QB, I have never liked him and always flopped when I tried to use him. What are the thoughts on Flacco and Luck this week ?

Spent a few hours last night making up some LU's with the "3 Stud" RB plan. I actually think that is the way I am going with my other two cash LU for the week, may even edit my Thur/Mon one. 

-I can't find any real higher priced QB that I just have to have, and that are in good matchups. Everyone is talking about Ryan, and he does have a great matchup, but I am not sold on them needing to pass the ball to win the game. They could just run in down their throats. Plus, in a blow out, they are going to be killing clock the second half. So I think he has some risk. I am focusing on QB's in good weather, I think that is important this time of year

- I am thinking the same at WR. OBJ and Evans are in good matchups for sure. But I also like some of the cheap WR's this week. 

-TE is another place you can go cheap, but there is some value there. 

To go 3 stud RB's, you pretty much have to go cheap every place else. But, I may be willing to take the risk at the other spots more than at RB. 

We shall see.........still making LU's 

My top 3 RB's are DJ, Bell, and Zeke...............so that may be different than what other people think. McCoy is in a good spot, but Gills stealing TD's is a concern, plus they may take McCoy out if they start blowing the Browns out. 
It's good in theory on the warm weather QBs, but it's a rough slate for that this week as the indoor Qbs have a fair amount of ??. 

TB at. Dallas:  I think they will try to pound the ball with Zeke and take the ball out of Dak's hand a bit.  He hasn't been quite the same the last couple weeks.  Winston might have to come from behind.  I guess both of these guys should be fairly safe, but would lean towards Winston.

Indy at Minn:  Luck on road down Moncrief vs. this D?  No thanks.  Bradford?  I like his pieces more that I like him, but he probably can hit 15pts vs. Indy D for cash. 

Jax at Houst:  Brock blows, and Bortles isn't much better.  That said, Bortles is min priced and I think I saw that he averages about 24pts on the road in the division or something like that.  He is my gpp Qb for a couple LUs where I shoved in Bell/DJ + McCoy or Zeke, not sure about cash though, but again we are talking about getting 15pts or so.

NO at Az:  Here we have Brees' road splits vs. Palmer not being able to throw more than 4 yds. Don't know how much I would trust either to approach 18-20pts.

SF at Atl:  You mentioned the risk with Ryan if they get up - will they throw enough for him to get his 22pts? IF you are paying up for a QB this week, I think he might be the only one I see.  Do we trust Kaep after a couple down weeks?

Oak at SD:  I am guessing this is where a lot of people will end up for their QBs.  One of the highest 0/Us and it's one of the few games I could see where the teams could go up and down the field.  I think DK felt the same, and both QBs are above 6000. 

Honestly, I think I am just looking at the sub 6000 Qbs this week b/c I will be jamming in studs at RB.  I think Tyrod and Kaep might be the best bets (and that app I told you about liked them the best too) just because of their rushing floor, but A.Smith is an option vs. a woeful Tenn pass D. 

Your point about McCoy is also something people are bringing up as something that concerns them about DJ too.  AZ has nothing to fight for - do they ease up on their prize stud Rb over the last few games??

This was my place holder lineup I put in on Tuesday:

Big Ben

Bell / McCoy

Adams / R. Matthews / Wallace

Greshem

Dixon

Patriots

Time to go back in and tweek it. I think Ben needs to go and I may come off McCoy for the reasons some of you have stated.  I see everyone on on Taylor at QB, I have never liked him and always flopped when I tried to use him. What are the thoughts on Flacco and Luck this week ?
I talked about it above, but I really don't like Luck this week.  For the same price, I would probably rather roll with Carr.  Luck is down 2-3 receiving weapons, has been hurt a little himself, and is not the same on the road. 

Flacco I think is decent.  There is a call for some precipitation, but it's light rain and still decent temperatures.  Philly is better vs. the run, and Flacco has had a couple 300yd+ games recently.  I think people are bringing up Taylor and Kaep b/c they are the same price, and have a built in 4-5pt cushion b/c of their rushing. 

I went with this in my $3 league, $3 double up and one $2 GPP  

Flacco

DJ, Bell

Lee, Anderson, DJax

Pitta

Farrow

Giants

I also entered eight 0.25 contest with various LU. 

I used a lot of DJ, Bell, Farrow, Dixon combos 

I used Tyrod, Alex Smith, Ryan in most of them

I used Gresham in almost all to save money. 

See what happens. Only playing about $10 a week so maybe one hits and I come out ahead. 

I went with this in my $3 league, $3 double up and one $2 GPP  

Flacco

DJ, Bell

Lee, Anderson, DJax

Pitta

Farrow

Giants
@chasyone

A couple observations I had looking at this post and your other one.  Usually starting out (and it's fine if you like to play another way), FBGs suggested playing a lower % for gpps to try to build up your $.  IF you are playing $10, maybe 70-80% in cash.   Right now you have the opposite since you said you only have $3 in the double up.  Just riskier, and I get if you are just doing $10 and having fun so don't mind the risk.  Another thing to consider in the future is spreading out the contests more - instead of doing one $3 double up, do 3 $1 double up.  It spreads out the risk more in case one has a higher cut line for whatever reason.  Overall, it's just very hard to hit the gpps consistently, and when you do hit, it's not for huge money.  I consider your league a gpp too. 

On the topic of your league, is this a friend/co-worker league, and what type of LUs have been winning these?

I think the lack of Qb and WRs we love makes this an "interesting" and possibly dangerous week.  Seems like the rosters will be similar - 2 stud Rbs + Farrow or Dixon, pay down a little at Qb.  Is it going to be one of those weeks where the cut off line is decided by which cheap WR or D we go with??

Well, here is what my Thurs-Mon cash LU looks like now:

Cousins - Bell/DJ - Crowder/R.Anderson/Lee - Gresham - Dixon - KC

Leaning towards taking it a little easier this week $-wise since I think my cash LUs have more risk for the main slate.  A lot of cheap TEs and WRs in the 3000s flying around.  I don't mind that if it's $5-$10/LU, but not going to do that for $50-$100 on one LU. 

@chasyone

A couple observations I had looking at this post and your other one.  Usually starting out (and it's fine if you like to play another way), FBGs suggested playing a lower % for gpps to try to build up your $.  IF you are playing $10, maybe 70-80% in cash.   Right now you have the opposite since you said you only have $3 in the double up.  Just riskier, and I get if you are just doing $10 and having fun so don't mind the risk.  Another thing to consider in the future is spreading out the contests more - instead of doing one $3 double up, do 3 $1 double up.  It spreads out the risk more in case one has a higher cut line for whatever reason.  Overall, it's just very hard to hit the gpps consistently, and when you do hit, it's not for huge money.  I consider your league a gpp too. 

On the topic of your league, is this a friend/co-worker league, and what type of LUs have been winning these?
The league is all friends and there are 12 of us. We pay 1st and 2nd with $22 going to first.  There have been various LU that have won.  Only one other guy uses football guys to help with his lineup. We have 8 wins between us so I try to use football guys but change it a little cause I know he will have a similar LU. Most guys just play seasonal fantasy and only play on DraftKings for our league. I just played .25 gpps to do something different. This is the first week I have done this. I usually just play my $3 league, $2 H2H with another friend, $3 double up and a $2 GPP. That's my $10

The league is all friends and there are 12 of us. We pay 1st and 2nd with $22 going to first.  There have been various LU that have won.  Only one other guy uses football guys to help with his lineup. We have 8 wins between us so I try to use football guys but change it a little cause I know he will have a similar LU. Most guys just play seasonal fantasy and only play on DraftKings for our league. I just played .25 gpps to do something different. This is the first week I have done this. I usually just play my $3 league, $2 H2H with another friend, $3 double up and a $2 GPP. That's my $10
Cool, seemed like that league could be decent bang for your buck if others weren't used to doing DFS. 

Cool, seemed like that league could be decent bang for your buck if others weren't used to doing DFS. 
Yea I would like to be more consistent. The other guy who uses football guys has won more money because he has a few second place finishes. I have won 4 and besides that I haven't came close. If I don't win I'm usually around 9 or worse so maybe I need to look at it different 

Users who are viewing this thread