What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are you getting your wife/SO for Christmas? (1 Viewer)

Buckychudd

Footballguy
Ok, so I've been a bit of a slacker and haven't gotten my wife anything yet.  Figured I'd use the collective wisdom of the FFA and steal your great xmas gift ideas.

Links to Amazon/other sites would be great as well.

:popcorn:

I'm going to kind of hijack this thread, because my answer was going to be "nothing."  

I saw this because we just bought a house and all our expendable funds went into that and she's getting to set up the house how she likes.  We've discussed it a couple times and she told me not to get her anything.  I'm still going to probably pick her up some flowers but am I wrong to think this is enough?

I'm going to kind of hijack this thread, because my answer was going to be "nothing."  

I saw this because we just bought a house and all our expendable funds went into that and she's getting to set up the house how she likes.  We've discussed it a couple times and she told me not to get her anything.  I'm still going to probably pick her up some flowers but am I wrong to think this is enough?
:yes:

But you can probably get off cheaper than the rest of us.....

My gift is a multi-step process:

step 1 - get a box

step 2 - cut a hole in the box

step 3 - place my junk in the box

step 4 - have her open the box

I'm thinking one of those digital picture frames.
I bought one for my wife about 10 years ago.  Thought it would be the best gift ever (as she loves family pictures and has a slideshow as her screen saver at home) for her to use at work.

Looked at me like I was feces on her windshield.  It never was taken out of the box.

Just surprised her with a weekend away with friends at Cape May for their Christmas house tour.  Needless to say, the dots have been raining from the sky the past few days.

On top of that she's getting a canvas cargo thingy for the top of the car.  I know, I know, I'm a hopeless ####### romantic. 

Mines wants a new bed, new comforter set, and a new car.  She has also had her eye on a Persian carpet.  She will get those, a gift cert to a spa, and likely one to her favorite Decorator Store.

Yes. This is a test. Do not fall for the trap.

My wife is the same and each year I still get her something that's from "Santa" instead of me so I can get away with either side of that argument. This year it was a pair of earrings and a new bathrobe but in each case I put some form of joke from Santa rather than taking credit.

I bought her a Coach watch, some yoga pants she wanted, some hoodie she wanted and a Jameson gift pack (Jameson and giner ale is her favorite)..

A 40' smart-TV for our bedroom (so she can watch Netflix in bed), a shredder, some workout shirts and some small stuff.

An extension on our house. We just passed the zoning board approval last week so construction should start in less then a month if the weather cooperates. 

I was thinking of getting a 2x4 and wrapping it for her.

I went into Splendid yesterday bc she had hinted she wanted the outfit on the mannequin. 

I pointed it out to the employee, told her the size, and had her ring me up. This place has "Stripes Rewards" - basically they keep a card on file of their customers and you get discounts based off of spend. The outfit was pretty pricey, so I wanted the discount. She pulls up the card, applies a discount, takes my card, then hands me the bag. I look into the bag and ask for the receipt - I emailed it to the address on file. 

:doh:

I snuck in the door, hid the package, and asked my wife to see her phone... Opened her email and saw that it was read, back to square 1 :kicksrock:

Building her a wine rack.  Something small, easy to store wine bottles and hang wine glasses.  

My wife started a job at an outdoor clothing store this summer and has been going absolutely nuts buying gear as she gets 20% off wholesale.  Hopefully, I will get a little joy out of that, but she has been adamant that I am not to buy her anything.  I'm fine with not getting her anything as she's been taking care of herself quite well.  I've made her a calendar, and make a point to get little stuff when she says "we need a ___".  I've also told my boys to get their Mom some earrings/gloves.  That way, she she still has stuff to open on Christmas morning. 

I was looking at this too.  What happens when Peloton bike 2.0 is released?  Will they stop allowing people to buy subscriptions for 1.0?  If I were an exec at that company, that is exactly what I would do.
Got me.  We already had it delivered and set up, and she loves it.  

I was looking at this too.  What happens when Peloton bike 2.0 is released?  Will they stop allowing people to buy subscriptions for 1.0?  If I were an exec at that company, that is exactly what I would do.
You'd be out of business pretty quickly. 

A NEST candle. Same damn thing every year for who knows how long. I don't buy it from Amazon though. Every year (yesterday was the day), my son and I take the Sunday before Christmas to go Christmas shopping. That basically consists of driving 10 minutes to Nieman Marcus, buying the candle and then spending the next two hours at Yardhouse eating wings and watching football. 

We are building a house this year so all of our excess money is going into that. Hopefully we will start demoing the existing house on the lot in January so that's her Christmas present.  :wub:

I also bought her a book and a game. She's going to love them!

White House Chef: Eleven Years, Two Presidents, One Kitchen

Poop: The Game

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually do something practical, so this year it's jewelry (she won't expect it, for sure).  Turns out pearls aren't too expensive, so a couple pair of earrings and a nice necklace are wrapped and ready to go.

I bought one for my wife about 10 years ago.  Thought it would be the best gift ever (as she loves family pictures and has a slideshow as her screen saver at home) for her to use at work.

Looked at me like I was feces on her windshield.  It never was taken out of the box.
I will load it up for her.  I take tons of pics.

Users who are viewing this thread