What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (10 Viewers)

flapgreen said:
Have a little imagination. There have been worse, but the Bears don't deserve it and wouldn't be in without there being 7 teams. Also, the Redskins would have more wins if they'd had Smith playing from the beginning. And they're on a 5 game winning streak.
We were 1 better - we had a 6 game streak. 

You have to follow the Bears closely to understand it. They're only in because of 7 teams being allowed in. The GM mortgaged the future coming into this year and ended up with a WORSE defense, QB, and cap situation going forward.  And same record as last year. Everyone knows they're not going anywhere in the playoffs.  Gonna be a long few years ahead. 
I'll grant you most of that. BUT you're in the playoffs. Brees could have one of his not-great games. Lutz has been missing field goals. Untimely turnovers could help the Bears. And Montgomery could have a productive game. 

Sure, it's unlikely. But certainly possible. Then, maybe an injury on another team puts them in a better position to win the following week, etc etc. The point is, you can't win playoff games if you're not in the playoffs. The Bears are in the playoffs. 

Cowboys, Redskins, Giants and Eagles have to be the worst division of all time. At least Da Bears were 500...but they did beat the Lions twice.

#### that for today!!! Drew Brees isn't what he was, let's go in there and win this damn thing. D line gotta show up someday, may as well be today.

Go Bears!!
For the hype this D gets, they really have underwhelmed when they are needed the most since Pagano took over.

For the hype this D gets, they really have underwhelmed when they are needed the most since Pagano took over.
No doubt, seemed like the only dominant game the D line had was vs Tampa and was how we won. The took over some drives. They should have the ability, and if they can put up a good performance, we have a chance.

No chance. Defense has fallen apart since midway through season. Mack has disappeared. Now, Roquan and Johnson are out. And Trubisky is a bum. 

Gotta love seeing Floyd blossom in LA. Good for him. The Bears can ruin anyone. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You're much more respected when you go down fighting. This team never had a chance. Gave up early on offense and never tried for the rest of the game. What a pitiful display of cowardice. 

You're much more respected when you go down fighting. This team never had a chance. Gave up early on offense and never tried for the rest of the game. What a pitiful display of cowardice. 
They were done after Wims dropped the TD.  It was coaching not to get blown out in the 2nd half.  

I'll grant you most of that. BUT you're in the playoffs. Brees could have one of his not-great games. Lutz has been missing field goals. Untimely turnovers could help the Bears. And Montgomery could have a productive game. 

Sure, it's unlikely. But certainly possible. Then, maybe an injury on another team puts them in a better position to win the following week, etc etc. The point is, you can't win playoff games if you're not in the playoffs. The Bears are in the playoffs. 
Now, you can see what I was talking about. Never had a shot. Coaching staff didn't even try to win

So who will be the QB for the 2021 season? 

Do they make a run at Watson? (Hard to imagine they can top what Dolphins could offer)

Trey Lance is a guy in the draft I really like. He's going to need some time but a guy that's not even mentioned often anymore as he only played 1 game this year (and didn't play particularly well in it). Don't imagine they'll be in a position to take the QB out of BYU.

I would honestly have told Miller to clean out his locker on his way down the tunnel. 

How many first round picks for Watson?
Why would Watson come to Chicago? Team is a mess, current GM wouldn't even meet to him before the draft. He's got a no trade clause, if he forces a trade, he has to agree to the location as far as I understand.

Who doesn't love the Jimmy Graham signing now - he scored the only TD for them yesterday in a clutch moment at the end of the game :)   :bag:

At least Da Bears were 500...but they did beat the Lions twice.
Once.  They lost to Detroit at home the game after Patricia was fired.  If Swift didn't drop that TD pass in the opener the Bears would have been 0-2 vs. Detroit this year  - which supports the point of view that Nagy should be fired.  

You sign him fine, why draft Kmet then?  They really needed Claypool.  
It was a joke (although the TD catch was amazing). I was one of the leaders of the "I can't believe they signed him to that contract" crowd and was preaching all offseason that they needed O lineman. I would rather they used the money they spent on him and Quinn for offensive lineman. I would have liked the signing if it were about 1/3 of the cost. They were probably bidding against themselves like they did when they traded up to grab Trubisky. I think Kmet might be a good player but would rather have a starting offensive lineman where they drafted him - especially after signing Graham. Claypool would have been nice to have - especially yesterday. I really like the Mooney pick in the 5th round. 

It was a joke (although the TD catch was amazing). I was one of the leaders of the "I can't believe they signed him to that contract" crowd and was preaching all offseason that they needed O lineman. I would rather they used the money they spent on him and Quinn for offensive lineman. I would have liked the signing if it were about 1/3 of the cost. They were probably bidding against themselves like they did when they traded up to grab Trubisky. I think Kmet might be a good player but would rather have a starting offensive lineman where they drafted him - especially after signing Graham. Claypool would have been nice to have - especially yesterday. I really like the Mooney pick in the 5th round. 
The hardest thing to find in FA is OL, unless they are hurt or bad.  No team will let those players go.  That TE situation is a joke- draft Shaheen, sign Burton, sign Graham, draft Kmet. 

The hardest thing to find in FA is OL, unless they are hurt or bad.  No team will let those players go.  That TE situation is a joke- draft Shaheen, sign Burton, sign Graham, draft Kmet. 
Not true at all. There are a ton of great O Linemen that were or are going to be free agents. Look at the first team all pro team as an example.

Brandon Scherff and Corey Linsley are Unrestricted Free Agents and Jack Conklin was signed by the Browns as a free agent last year.

Man crickets coming out of Hallas Hall so far this week.  Did they really not know what they were going to do when the season ended???  To me, that's more frightening then anything.  I'm personally betting they are going to keep everyone (not that I'm supporting this, just betting it's going to happen), but even that you'd expect an announcement pretty quickly.

The Tick said:
Man crickets coming out of Hallas Hall so far this week.  Did they really not know what they were going to do when the season ended???  To me, that's more frightening then anything.  I'm personally betting they are going to keep everyone (not that I'm supporting this, just betting it's going to happen), but even that you'd expect an announcement pretty quickly.
They will need a new DC as Pagano is retiring.  

Pagano retired/fired. Pace and Nagy back. So predictable. I needed more time to myself next fall anyway. This team won't get a minute of my time. 

Disgraceful. Bears from the top down have a tell: everything they tell you is important to them and they value is what they are the most insecure about. And they run from their insecurities rather than address them. Thats the culture and it runs at all levels from George on down. 

I am so excited that the band is getting back together for another year :rolleyes: . Who will the 4th QB chosen by Pace be - Ben DiNucci? If he is not a free agent maybe we can trade 2 first round draft picks for him. Maybe that guy who filled in for the Broncos when all their QBs had Covid.

Comforting to know that the guy who picked Trubisky, Glennon, and Foles is being given another spin at the wheel. This should work out well.

I haven't heard anything about this, but would you like to see them make a run at Watson? I keep hearing about Miami and NYJ, but I don't see them giving up the two or three pick.

Deranged Hermit said:
I haven't heard anything about this, but would you like to see them make a run at Watson? I keep hearing about Miami and NYJ, but I don't see them giving up the two or three pick.
I just don't see any way this happens.  First, if I were to bet, I'd put money Watson takes the opening snap for Houston next season, these things almost always seem to work out, and Houston has to do EVERYTHING they can not to lose their Franchise QB.  Second, I don't think we have the ammo to get him, our pick this year is 20ish, and you'd have to think we aren't getting much worse with Watson starting, so they'd only be getting mid to late first round picks.  We'd have a QB, but it'd destroy the rest of our team and the ability to get new talent for the next 2-3 years in the picks we'd need to give them.  They'd want at least 3 late 1st's to even start the conversation I'd think, no way they'd accept 2 late round picks.  Third, Watson gets some say where he goes because of his no trade clause.  Why in the heck would he want to go to a team whose GM directly snubbed him by not even sitting down with him the year he was drafted.

twistd said:
Comforting to know that the guy who picked Trubisky, Glennon, and Foles is being given another spin at the wheel. This should work out well.
It also scares me that Pace usually tries to overcorrect when he screws up a position.  I'm really worried he tries a big trade to try and make this position work, something like using multiple firsts to trade up to around 10 and take one of the second tier guys still left in the draft, or giving some team multiple picks for a starting QB.

That's probably the biggest reason I wanted him to go.  If he makes some huge move this offseason, they almost have to keep him for a few more years regardless of next years record.  If he trades away 2 first round picks, what "good" GM candidate is going to want to come in and take that over???  At least if they had fired him this year, it was a pretty clean break, we have all our picks, QB is pretty open with Mitch out of contract, just seemed like a good place to have a new voice look at a new direction.

And now we are interviewing Singletary for DC.  Somehow I have a hard time believing Ted and George are staying out of football operations because I can't see ANY WAY IN HELL Matt Nagy would chose to interview him for anything.  Just the complete opposite of how Matt Nagy has run this team.

I'm sure it was done as a favor, sure, we'll give him an interview to get his name back out there, but still hate hearing that.

So Kmet...could he be a TE1 next year assuming Graham is cut? What says you Bears homers? 
He has the measurables to be a TE1 in 2021. I think the game was still to fast for him until the very last part of the season where he started looking really good. The lack of a real training camp really stunted him, IMO. 

Users who are viewing this thread