What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (29 Viewers)

3rd season into a rebuild and likely 3rd straight losing season and last in division.  Not acceptable under any circumstances in the NFL. Totally different in baseball. 
I know no one likes to blame a bad season on injuries but I don't care, they make a huge difference.  I'm a firm believer the Bears would have won at least 4 more games if they were close to full strength.  Even with a 3 win season I still see plenty of positives to get me excited for the next season.  I see a defense that is improving and has a great coordinator.  I see an OL that keeps improving.  I see a surprise stud RB.

Upgrade that secondary, keep adding a couple offensive weapons and get a QB.  The QB part is the hardest to fix and will be the key to the Bears success.  They need to draft a QB in the first or second round this year and pray that he can do well in the NFL.

This season was bad. There were things to see within it and reasons to have some hope but it was a #### show. Any other reaction is just lying to yourself.

The running game showed promise. Howard was undeniably good and while we could use some offensive line reinforcement, I think we could be be competent with a stronger offense overall so the opposing defense isn't so fresh. Our own defense showed some good stuff too. Injuries kept them down but I liked what we could see of the front 7. Our depth is an issue overall though.

We need secondary help like no other, we need a qb and we probably will need additional o-line and wr help if we don't keep Jeffrey. I would personally love to see the Bears take a day 2 QB and lure themselves Tyrod Taylor or even Colin Kaepernick as a stop gap while we see if the draftee works out for us. 1st round Bears could probably just take best player available but secondary should be the priority. Flap keeps saying to try and get Berry, that would be great. If health permits, we have a shot to make a jump next year but we're on very shaky ground with our depth no matter what

They came out with the all rookie team for the year and the Bears have three players on it.  I'd say that's a pretty successful draft class.

2016 PFWA ALL-ROOKIE TEAMOffenseQB – Dak Prescott, Dallas CowboysRB – Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas Cowboys; Jordan Howard, Chicago BearsWR – Sterling Shepard, New York Giants; Michael Thomas, New Orleans SaintsTE – Hunter Henry, San Diego ChargersC – Cody Whitehair, Chicago BearsG – Joe Thuney, New England Patriots; Laremy Tunsil, Miami DolphinsT – Jack Conklin, Tennessee Titans; Taylor Decker, Detroit LionsDefenseDL – Joey Bosa, San Diego Chargers; DeForest Buckner, San Francisco 49ers; Chris Jones, Kansas City Chiefs; Yannick Ngakoue, Jacksonville JaguarsLB – Jatavis Brown, San Diego Chargers; Leonard Floyd, Chicago Bears; Deion Jones, Atlanta FalconsCB – Vernon Hargreaves III, Tampa Bay Buccaneers; Jalen Ramsey, Jacksonville JaguarsS – Karl Joseph, Oakland Raiders; Keanu Neal, Atlanta FalconsSpecial TeamsPK – Wil Lutz, New Orleans SaintsP – Riley Dixon, Denver BroncosKR – Tyreek Hill, Kansas City ChiefsPR – Tyreek Hill, Kansas City ChiefsST – Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs

gabes1919 said:
This season was bad. There were things to see within it and reasons to have some hope but it was a #### show. Any other reaction is just lying to yourself.

The running game showed promise. Howard was undeniably good and while we could use some offensive line reinforcement, I think we could be be competent with a stronger offense overall so the opposing defense isn't so fresh. Our own defense showed some good stuff too. Injuries kept them down but I liked what we could see of the front 7. Our depth is an issue overall though.

We need secondary help like no other, we need a qb and we probably will need additional o-line and wr help if we don't keep Jeffrey. I would personally love to see the Bears take a day 2 QB and lure themselves Tyrod Taylor or even Colin Kaepernick as a stop gap while we see if the draftee works out for us. 1st round Bears could probably just take best player available but secondary should be the priority. Flap keeps saying to try and get Berry, that would be great. If health permits, we have a shot to make a jump next year but we're on very shaky ground with our depth no matter what
The majority of Bears fans are disgusted.  Some seem to think you should change teams if you're unhappy with the organization.  There wouldn't be many fans left if everyone did that. 

Something I've learned in my line of work. The more people repeat themselves, the greater chance they are lying. They just haven't convinced themselves yet. 
Good thing this is a football message board and not your job. The majority of Bears fans are disgusted with this organization.  No one is lying about it.  Pay attention 

Last edited by a moderator:
No sense in checking into this thread anymore. It's just the same thing every day. 

I'll wait for the 2017 in season thread to start.

Our draft direction may come down to who we can get via free agency. Would we rather want Tyrod or Glennon and Allen at #3, or whoever the best FA DE is and either Watson or Kiser at #3.

Our draft direction may come down to who we can get via free agency. Would we rather want Tyrod or Glennon and Allen at #3, or whoever the best FA DE is and either Watson or Kiser at #3.
I really like Tyrod.  Has put up good numbers and is still young and should be a reasonable price.  Draft a qb if they see one they like.  If they don't,  stick with Tyrod and draft one next year.  So much to happen between now and draft.  I really have no idea.  If no qb at 3, then get the best defensive player available. 

Tyrod and Allen. Or, if the Bears could trade down and get more picks to address their many needs...

No sense in checking into this thread anymore. It's just the same thing every day. 

I'll wait for the 2017 in season thread to start.
What else do you talk about this time of year?  It's going to be a similar discussion again next year most likely.  The Bears will just have a draft pick around 15th instead.

Tyrod and Allen. Or, if the Bears could trade down and get more picks to address their many needs...
I hope it's Tyrod.  He's the perfect guy right now.  Has put up good numbers.  Mobile guy.  Sat his first few years on bench with Baltimore.  Low miles and now has two good years behind him.  Would allow us to build the rest of the roster while not having to spend the third pick on a qb

flapgreen said:
I hope it's Tyrod.  He's the perfect guy right now.  Has put up good numbers.  Mobile guy.  Sat his first few years on bench with Baltimore.  Low miles and now has two good years behind him.  Would allow us to build the rest of the roster while not having to spend the third pick on a qb
He's alright, pretty average.  I would only want him if he's at a good price and a short contract.

flapgreen said:
Pretty much his entire body of work.  I don't see anything spectacular here.  I've also watched him play.  He's not bad but he's not all that good either.  He's just an average QB.

Year

Tm

Pos

No.

G

GS

QBrec

Cmp

Att

Cmp%

Yds

TD

TD%

Int

Int%

Lng

Y/A

AY/A

Y/C

Y/G

Rate

QBR

Sk

Yds

NY/A

ANY/A

Sk%

4QC

GWD

AV

Career

14-14-0

4 yrs

BAL

2 yrs

BUF

14-14-0

BAL

BAL

BAL

BAL

2015*

BUF

QB/wr

7-6-0

BUF

QB

7-8-0

I also see that a lot of people are interested in the Bears getting Glennon.  There's another mediocre QB.  I don't see why people want to sign more blah QBs when the Bears already have their own.  Plus, Tyrod and Glennon are going to cost more than what Hoyer is costing them.

Looks pretty good to me.  2015 Pro Bowl and a 3/1 in td/int ratio in his first 2 years starting.  Hard to ever find anyone that good on the open market.  Hoyer is freaking horrible. Tyrod has a big arm,  makes smart decisions,  and is very mobile. 

Hoyer

Year

Tm

G

GS

QBrec

Cmp

Att

Cmp%

Yds

TD

TD%

Int

Int%

Lng

Y/A

AY/A

Y/C

Y/G

Rate

QBR

Sk

Yds

NY/A

ANY/A

Sk%

4QC

GWD

Average

Per 16 Games

2015-2016

HTX,CHI

6-8-0

Tyrod

Year

Tm

G

GS

QBrec

Cmp

Att

Cmp%

Yds

TD

TD%

Int

Int%

Lng

Y/A

AY/A

Y/C

Y/G

Rate

QBR

Sk

Yds

NY/A

ANY/A

Sk%

4QC

GWD

Average

Per 16 Games

2015-2016

BUF

14-14-0

I honestly don't see a huge difference here other than Tyrod can run.

Since I've seen a lot of people that like Glennon here are his career stats.

Year

Tm

Pos

No.

G

GS

QBrec

Cmp

Att

Cmp%

Yds

TD

TD%

Int

Int%

Lng

Y/A

AY/A

Y/C

Y/G

Rate

QBR

Sk

Yds

NY/A

ANY/A

Sk%

4QC

GWD

AV

Career

5-13-0

TAM

QB

4-9-0

TAM

qb

1-4-0

TAM

Tyrod would be fine, but I agree he's just average, and not really much of an improvement over what we have. Just not a guy that's going to lift the team to the next step, but a fine place holder if that I the way they go.

So you think Hoyer and Tyrod are similar qbs, Hawkeye? 
No.  I think they are very different QBs that are both average to below average.  I do think Tyrod offers more but not for the price it's going to take.  Hoyer is a stop gap for cheap right now.  Tyrod would be offering the same thing but for more money.  What's the point in spending more money?  Maybe Tyrod helps the Bears win 8 games instead of 7?

The main goal for me right now is getting the next franchise QB on the team through the draft and just have an average guy start so the rookie doesn't have as much pressure.  This is going to take a year or two to find that young guy to start.

No.  I think they are very different QBs that are both average to below average.  I do think Tyrod offers more but not for the price it's going to take.  Hoyer is a stop gap for cheap right now.  Tyrod would be offering the same thing but for more money.  What's the point in spending more money?  Maybe Tyrod helps the Bears win 8 games instead of 7?

The main goal for me right now is getting the next franchise QB on the team through the draft and just have an average guy start so the rookie doesn't have as much pressure.  This is going to take a year or two to find that young guy to start.
It's relative.  Bears have a bunch of cap space.  That's not an issue.  If Tyrod gives them a better chance to won and a qb they like isn't available at 3,  you should sign Tyrod,  if you like him and he's a reasonable price.  Hoyer isn't winning 7 games. 

It's relative.  Bears have a bunch of cap space.  That's not an issue.  If Tyrod gives them a better chance to won and a qb they like isn't available at 3,  you should sign Tyrod,  if you like him and he's a reasonable price.  Hoyer isn't winning 7 games. 
Why can't Hoyer win 7 games?  What makes you think Tyrod can win more with the Bears?  Unless some key players get added to the team and some current players really improve this is not going to be a playoff team next year.  

I'm not completely against getting Tyrod or Glennon or even Romo but it all depends on what it takes to get them.  I'm not willing to give up any draft picks and I'm not paying close to what they are playing Cutler.  If they are able to get one of them as a FA and sign them to a 2 year deal for around $12 million a year.  Right now Tyrod and Romo are averaging $18 million, no thank you.  Hoyer is getting $2 million.  I'd rather use all of the money they have to add to get positions and build depth.  Their franchise QB is not in the NFL yet.

I'm saying I'd rather have Tyrod at 6 mil  per than Hoyer at 2. I think he's by far the superior qb.  Hoyer blows.  Puts up occasional good stats.  Plays scared and is not mobile.  Been in league for years.  We know who he is.  Keeping Hoyer would just be admitting we're fine with continuing to lose.   Hoyer didn't win #### last year and has been a below average qb since entering the league. 

I'm saying I'd rather have Tyrod at 6 mil  per than Hoyer at 2. I think he's by far the superior qb.  Hoyer blows.  Puts up occasional good stats.  Plays scared and is not mobile.  Been in league for years.  We know who he is.  Keeping Hoyer would just be admitting we're fine with continuing to lose.   Hoyer didn't win #### last year and has been a below average qb since entering the league. 
Tyrod at $6 million?  Hell yeah I'd be on board with that.  Too bad he's getting $18 million a year now.  There are other teams interested in him too so he won't come cheap.

What else do you talk about this time of year?  It's going to be a similar discussion again next year most likely.  The Bears will just have a draft pick around 15th instead.
I think you misunderstood my statement. I can't take 6 months of Flapgreen #####ing and moaning every time someone posts. 

Tyrod at $6 million?  Hell yeah I'd be on board with that.  Too bad he's getting $18 million a year now.  There are other teams interested in him too so he won't come cheap.
Right.  That's where I think we we're misunderstanding each other.  15 mil or so. No way 

Join into the discussion bro.  We're here. 
I made my suggestions a while back. I get that your unhappy with the team, the owners, etc. I think everyone knows that. Often times I pass by this thread even when there are new posts. 

I personally don't think we could get Tyrod for anything less than 12 mil which I would personally be ok with. He has the potential to be a franchise player and the Bears could use 2 shots at that type of QB (one relatively cheap in FA and one in the draft). We'll also be able to be rid of Royal this year too right? I'd like to see them go out and snag someone like Kendall Wright cheap, another talented player who fell out with his team and has the potential to be a value. And they need to make some serious acquisitions at corner and safety. Lie, cheat, steal, do whatever you have to do to get someone who can perform. Pace has done an ok job in FA, Tevaithan, Freeman, and McPhee were all good by me if you ignore the injuries that were unpredictable. Miller, Royal, and Rolle were misses but I can take a few lumps with those good signings.

Oh and Hoyer is not a good QB. Serviceable back up and nothing else. The teams he played against this year were terrible on defense and that's why he looked like a star when he started. Being better than Cutler is a weak standard at this point. Cannot and will not forget his meltdown in the playoffs for the Texans.

I don't think any team is getting Tyrod for less than $13 million a year.  If he truly is an above average QB that can lead a team then that's a great deal.  If he's just another QB that comes and goes in the NFL then it's just too much.

If Cutler,  Houston,  and Royal are released,  we'll have between 87 and 90 million in space. 
They're going to need all of it too if they want to sign guys like Berry.  Plenty of teams are in need of a QB so I can't imagine Tyrod going for too cheap.  If guys like Fitz and Brock can get their deals Tyrod will get a decent amount as well.

Fantasy football-type trade: Cutler and #3 overall for #1 overall.
I can't imagine why we would do this unless some QB gets super hyped in the senior bowl and combine. None of the QBs are projecting as early round 1 if they will be round 1 at all. Plus I can't imagine the Browns want Cutty. I would love if someone traded up to the 1 or 2 above us and took a QB, better talent falls to us then.

As for Taylor, I'm basing that 12 mil on Fitz last year. Obviously that was a mistake but the cost of a starting caliber and proven QB should be markedly higher than a guy like Glennon who is talented but largely a gamble. Plus the Browns will supposedly be bidding it up because it'll take a whole hell of a lot of money to make someone want to play there

I can't imagine why we would do this unless some QB gets super hyped in the senior bowl and combine. None of the QBs are projecting as early round 1 if they will be round 1 at all. Plus I can't imagine the Browns want Cutty. I would love if someone traded up to the 1 or 2 above us and took a QB, better talent falls to us then.

As for Taylor, I'm basing that 12 mil on Fitz last year. Obviously that was a mistake but the cost of a starting caliber and proven QB should be markedly higher than a guy like Glennon who is talented but largely a gamble. Plus the Browns will supposedly be bidding it up because it'll take a whole hell of a lot of money to make someone want to play there
There will be multiple qbs doing in round 1. At least 3. Probably 4

So now it comes out that the Bears blocked Fangio from going to San Francisco.  Now we know what the rift was between Fangio and Fox.  OLB coach jetted.  Fangio tried to leave.  That John Fox sure us respected by his staff.  Smh

So now it comes out that the Bears blocked Fangio from going to San Francisco.  Now we know what the rift was between Fangio and Fox.  OLB coach jetted.  Fangio tried to leave.  That John Fox sure us respected by his staff.  Smh
Are you insane??? You are trying hard as hell to make something out of NOTHING. Yes Clint Hurtt's contract was up and he decided to leave, he was never a Fox/Fangio guy in the first place and I'm not even sure it's that big of a loss, sure as hell couldn't teach our rookie olb to keep his damn head up when he's running through traffic. You are freaking out over a position coach.

Second, NO ####### way should the bears have allowed Fangio to interview with the 49'ers for a lateral move. What do you think any team in the league would say if we called and asked to interview their OC for the same position. They'd laugh in our face. 49'ers heard the same rumors of disagreement and decided to see how true they were and if we'd be willing to get rid of Fangio if we didn't have to pay him. Well we aren't.

on top of that, had we let him interview you'd be in here calling the bears a loser organization that just let our only good coach go to the 49'ers for nothing and you'd call Fox an idiot.

note, per league rules we couldn't have blocked him from interviewing for a hc position.

Are you insane??? You are trying hard as hell to make something out of NOTHING. Yes Clint Hurtt's contract was up and he decided to leave, he was never a Fox/Fangio guy in the first place and I'm not even sure it's that big of a loss, sure as hell couldn't teach our rookie olb to keep his damn head up when he's running through traffic. You are freaking out over a position coach.

Second, NO ####### way should the bears have allowed Fangio to interview with the 49'ers for a lateral move. What do you think any team in the league would say if we called and asked to interview their OC for the same position. They'd laugh in our face. 49'ers heard the same rumors of disagreement and decided to see how true they were and if we'd be willing to get rid of Fangio if we didn't have to pay him. Well we aren't.

on top of that, had we let him interview you'd be in here calling the bears a loser organization that just let our only good coach go to the 49'ers for nothing and you'd call Fox an idiot.

note, per league rules we couldn't have blocked him from interviewing for a hc position.
I wouldn't call it insane.  I would call it realistic.  Vic wanted out.  Bears won't let him out.  Maybe open your eyes wider and take your head out of the sand.   Keeping a guy here who doesn't want to be here. 

You sound clueless on Hurtt.  Floyd made the all rookie team. Outstanding year and achieved far more than anyone expected. Bashing Hurtt for Floyd tackling wrong.  Smh.  You a coach or something? Hurtt was the reason Floyd flourished and you're harping on poor tackling form. Now you're saying he's not a Fox guy and probably not a big loss?   Are you even watching the same team?  You can't be that out of touch with what happened last year.  At least I don't think anyone could be... Get with me next year after the entire coaching staff is gone and give me another excuse or tell me to move on from what just happened.  That's what I expect to happen.  Save the post.  I'll answer for it if I'm wrong. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread