What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (22 Viewers)

At least the D didn’t let it get away.  O sucks balls.  Playing down to the level of competition as usual.

Mack jumping the snap on that pick-6 was his only gaffe thus far.

“They are who we thought they were...  and we let’em off the hook!”

Now we can fully appreciate the MIN and GB losses.  Thanks, Bills & ‘skins!

First place Bears!

:lmao:

Scripted offensive creativity went out the window.  Couldn’t get a first down to kill the game.  Regression in front of our eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitch looks terrible. Take away the first half of the GB game and he's been playing scared all season. I see no upside in him at all. Nothing.
I really don’t understand what people saw that led them to believe he was gonna turn into Goff version 2 this year. He just doesn’t have “it” to be a starting QB in the NFL. 

ETA: I’m not a Bears fan and have only limited viewership of him so I hesitantly believed the pundits but it’s apparent he isn’t all that and a bag. 

I really don’t understand what people saw that led them to believe he was gonna turn into Goff version 2 this year. He just doesn’t have “it” to be a starting QB in the NFL. 

ETA: I’m not a Bears fan and have only limited viewership of him so I hesitantly believed the pundits but it’s apparent he isn’t all that and a bag. 
No rose-colored glasses here.  I’m pulling for Trubador, of course, but after hearing about Von Miller and other Bronco pundits saying he looked very good in their joint practices, he still has to prove it on the field.

Will he improve?  He should and he’d better, so we shall see.  Right now he is just a typical game manager that we’ve been used to for decades (yes, including Bobblehead).  1 pick was his fault, 2 picks were of the lucky tip drill variety.  The lost fumble today obviously is on him and also on the O-line.  As I mentioned earlier, his accuracy on vertical throws and in the RZ was way, way off.

Should we be treating this as his rookie year since that really was not a professional level offense last year?

I don’t know I didn’t like him on draft day and really wanted to be wrong. I’m grasping at anything here.

Mack has outperformed the entire Raiders defense through 3 weeks and is why we're 2-1 and not 0-3, but hey, it takes more than the best defensive player in the league to win games. Sure OK. 

Definitely emphasizes that Trubador doesn’t have the playbook down well enough to be able to read the defense before the snap, nor is he allowed to audible.  Still on a leash and in over his head at this point.

Swaggy Nagy and Helfrich need to coach him up and tell him to take what the D gives him.  “It’s ok to audible, kid.”

Needless to say, I'm much less sure the Bears have a shot at 10-6 and the playoffs. Trubisky better get his head out of his ### next week. Bucs are rolling.  Biggest positive is that the entire division is struggling. 

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Next week Winston returns from his suspension.  Has Fitz done enough to keep starting?  Probably not, but it may give us a slight edge should Winston start, snce he’ll need to knock some rust off.

The Bucs wiped the floor with us last season (due to Giraffe’s gaffes), so it’s payback time.

D needs to keep it going.

Next week Winston returns from his suspension.  Has Fitz done enough to keep starting?  Probably not, but it may give us a slight edge should Winston start, snce he’ll need to knock some rust off.

The Bucs wiped the floor with us last season (due to Giraffe’s gaffes), so it’s payback time.

D needs to keep it going.
Huh, isn't he statistically one of the top couple QB's after two weeks this year?  Not sure what else he could do.  Unless he craps the bed tonight, it will be hard for them to change back right now, even some of the starting WR's have said we need to stick with him.  I think they'll need an excuse like a really bad performance to get him out of there.

Absolutely agree that Fitzmagic should remain the starter, pending tonight’s outcome.

Should be another barnburner, especially after AB whining about targets and the Steeler D isn’t what it used to be.

Absolutely agree that Fitzmagic should remain the starter, pending tonight’s outcome.

Should be another barnburner, especially after AB whining about targets and the Steeler D isn’t what it used to be.
Oh, I misread your statement, I thought you were saying he probably wouldn't remain the starter and was wonder what the heck you wanted Fitz to do to keep the position!  I'm following you now.

I'm worried about anyone with how our offense is playing.  Fitz isn't throwing for a a thousand yards against the Bears, though. 

flapgreen said:
I'm worried about anyone with how our offense is playing.  Fitz isn't throwing for a a thousand yards against the Bears, though. 
17th, 28th, 30th are the rankings of the pass D Fitz has faced the first three weeks.  Next week they get the 11th.  Will be a different type of game.  23-20 Bears.

17th, 28th, 30th are the rankings of the pass D Fitz has faced the first three weeks.  Next week they get the 11th.  Will be a different type of game.  23-20 Bears.
While true, you also have to consider who these teams & the Bears have played.  The Saints got toasted by the Bucs & Falcons, the Steelers got toasted by the Chiefs & Bucs, and the Eagles got toasted by the Bucs, but shut down the Falcons & Colts.  At least part of the reason those teams look bad against the pass is because of the Bucs.  Meanwhile, the Bears have played Aaron Rodgers for 1/2 with 1 leg, Sam Bradford/Josh Rosen, & the Seahawks and their O-line.

Definitely a tough test,  but I’m not sure how much we can take from their pass rankings just yet.

While true, you also have to consider who these teams & the Bears have played.  The Saints got toasted by the Bucs & Falcons, the Steelers got toasted by the Chiefs & Bucs, and the Eagles got toasted by the Bucs, but shut down the Falcons & Colts.  At least part of the reason those teams look bad against the pass is because of the Bucs.  Meanwhile, the Chiefs have played Aaron Rodgers for 1/2 with 1 leg, Sam Bradford/Josh Rosen, & the Seahawks and their O-line.

Definitely a tough test,  but I’m not sure how much we can take from their pass rankings just yet.
That's true.  But I still don't think any of those teams have elite secondaries.  Numbers don't mean everything and even though the Steelers pass D stinks, I don't think Fitz looked good against them at all.  Lots of mistakes and missed throws.  I think today's first half bucs is more likely what we'll see more of moving forward when they play good DB's.

Let me clarify my “Probably not” statement.  Fitzpatrick was signed to be Winston’s backup.  Winston was suspended for whatever.  Fitz was mostly lights-out.  Even still, coaches usually will return to their #1s when they return from suspension, regardless of how well their backups perform.

Similar situation.  If Lev Bell signs his tag and shows up, do you think James Conner will keep starting?  No way.

Fitz did well holding down the fort, but don’t be surprised to see Winston resume as the starter.  Good problem for them to have.  I hope Winston starts since he’ll be out of sync with his ‘mates.

Always do the opposite of what Fox says.

Bucs keeping the QB decision in-house for competitive advantage purposes.

flapgreen said:
Comes down to that pass rush. They have to get home. Godwin against your 5th best corner? Yeesh. 

Tampa has been giving up big numbers to QBs. We’ll see if Mitchell can take advantage. RBs light them up out of the backfield so Cohen could have a nice game. 

About to fire up my smoker! 

Man, it's tough when you draft a QB at a franchise slot & then aren't sure about him. My Cowboys are going through the same thing, although, we only spent a 4th on Dak & aren't as invested.

You guys would be really scary with a top QB. Good D & you have some weapons on offense.

Are most fans happy with Nagy?

Man, it's tough when you draft a QB at a franchise slot & then aren't sure about him. My Cowboys are going through the same thing, although, we only spent a 4th on Dak & aren't as invested.

You guys would be really scary with a top QB. Good D & you have some weapons on offense.

Are most fans happy with Nagy?
After watching John Fox led teams, how can they not be happy with Nagy?

Users who are viewing this thread