What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (11 Viewers)

Guys seem to forget that DeMaurice Smith attacked the Bears organization last month advising all FA's to stay away.  It seems like the Bears may have to over pay for every player they want this off-season.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/02/03/demaurice-smith-nflpa-will-sway-players-from-signing-with-bears-if-illinois-workers-comp-bill-passes/
I seriously doubt that's having any affect on these signings.  They had Smith on the Score a second time and he basically admitted that it wouldn't be a big issue.  He exaggerated originally. 

That may get you off the ledge with Glennon but what about not giving Gilmore a serious offer?  Or seriously going after Bouye?  They absolutely have to sign some quality players in FA because they do not have enough draft picks to fill all the needs they have.
Oh agree that's awful. Supposedly Gilmore didn't even know the Pats were interested until this morning. But yeah they should be going hard for Bouye.

But I am off the ledge with Glennon for now.

Maybe Pace thinks he can pocket any unused cap space on his way out the door after the Bears go 0-16 or 1-15 this next season.  It's time to start realizing we are the new Cleveland Browns.  

Glennon is guaranteed 19M.  It's actually a really good deal.  Basically they get Glennon as a starter for $19M and then can move on from him after next year or use him as a back up.  Could be worse.

The #Bears make first official FA signing, safety Quintin Demps on a 3-year-deal worth $4.5 million per year, according to @AaronWilson_NFL

:lmao:

Demps' 1-year, $1.5 million deal from last year was his biggest salary. #Bears paying a high price for a soon to be 32-year-old safety.

Demps' 1-year, $1.5 million deal from last year was his biggest salary. #Bears paying a high price for a soon to be 32-year-old safety.
What's he getting for guaranteed money though?  If it's all for this year then those next two years really don't matter.

The #Jaguars are closing in on a deal for former #Texans CB AJ Bouye, per @JamesPalmerTV and me. They are bringing it.

Another one gone

But keep taking the "cautious" approach every year, Pace. Spend all the money on small contracts on mid-carders each year that probably won't be back the next year, and ignore the big name players who could help us. 

Updated list of people available 

Secondary FA Targets:

Logan Ryan

Dre Kirkpatrick 

Maurice Claiborne 

John Cyprien

Amukamara

Micah Hyde

Swearinger

WR

Terrell Pryor 

Coradelle Patterson 

LB

Hightower 

TE

Fasano

DL

Brandon Williams 

Dontario Poe

RT

Riley Reiff

Fluker

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Jay. Will root for any team he goes to.  Was done a great Disservice by this pitiful organization. Same as they've done to all of the other qbs to ever play here 

Still plenty of FAs left.  Lets not forget the amount of secondary talent in this year's draft.  They could easily draft 4 DBs this year.

Bug names going quick with the Bears doing ####
I didn't see the loss of Gilmore as too big of a deal and either did a lot of others.  Bouye could've been a nice add though.  There are others yet.  They don't need to sign DBs if they draft them but they will need to sign players at other positions like WR though.

Josina : I'm told, as of now, WR Alshon Jeffery is leaning towards choosing the #Eagles when free agency starts.

I didn't see the loss of Gilmore as too big of a deal and either did a lot of others.  Bouye could've been a nice add though.  There are others yet.  They don't need to sign DBs if they draft them but they will need to sign players at other positions like WR though.
I don't know who those others are, but missing out on the top 2 corners and safety available is a big deal when we went into free agency with our GM saying he's set to improve the secondary and build an offense for a qb to succeed. So far, he's done neither in his 2 years and the roster is in no better shape than it was when he took over. 

I don't know who those others are, but missing out on the top 2 corners and safety available is a big deal when we went into free agency with our GM saying he's set to improve the secondary and build an offense for a qb to succeed. So far, he's done neither in his 2 years and the roster is in no better shape than it was when he took over. 
Last year the Bears were considered to have one of the best off seasons so I wouldn't say he didn't last year.  I'm not thrilled with the start of FA so far but a lot can still happen.

Users who are viewing this thread