What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (7 Viewers)

come on, you thought we were going to get blown out. We weren't supposed to win this game and managed to hold pretty close. Wasn't a good game, but a young QB and HC did some nice things.
That's how flap is all the time.  He's always extreme in his reactions.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
That's how flap is all the time.  He's always extreme in his reactions.
Still means a loss. They might have 3 or 4 wins in them but I cannot see them bouncing anyone in the division. Promising start. More entertaining than what we have seen but ultimately they will continue to wander in mediocrity 

Some may not agree, but we beat ourselves.  Nobody expected us to hang.  I didn’t.

Arrow is pointing upward.  Just need to play better fundamentally.  Today it was special teams and poor accuracy from Trub.  Defense not getting enough pressure, but the Pats effectively avoided it (along with getting away with blatant holding multiple times).

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a very winnable game along with the other two games they lost.  They could easily be 6-0 right now.  When's the last time Bear's fans were able to say that.  We knew this was going to be a younger team that's going to make plenty of mistakes so I don't see why anyone should be too surprised.

That was a very winnable game along with the other two games they lost.  They could easily be 6-0 right now.  When's the last time Bear's fans were able to say that.  We knew this was going to be a younger team that's going to make plenty of mistakes so I don't see why anyone should be too surprised.
No surprises here. We have seen all this before - Jauron, Wannie, Lovie and on and on. Teams like the Patriots win winnable games. Teams like the Bears lose winnable games. Beating yourself still results in losing records and no championships. Actually, the Bears have usually been in winnable games over the many years of losing. Yeah they have taken some beatings but they tend to be in position to win games. But they don’t. Losing counts for nothing in the NFL but owners making money and a draft pick lottery 

Absolutely, until they start closing out games in their control and beating teams they have no business beating, this stigma shall continue.  As it should.

Nagy talked earlier in the year about how they’ll handle adversity and here we are.

Fangio has been a joke. 1 sack in last 7 quarters. Constantly dropping Floyd and Mack into coverage. Said it before the game. Belichick eats up chumps like that.  Fangio has shown for years that he won't adapt to bring more pressure if his base isn't working.  Sad

Aaron Rodgers would have at least thrown it in the endzone ?

Jokes aside, FWIW I had Chicago winning that game. Chicago has a lot to like about how they played. 

In a moment of delusion earlier in the year, I predicted 10-6 and playoffs. So dumb.  Outcoached on both sides of the ball in 2 consecutive weeks. 

Fangio has been a joke. 1 sack in last 7 quarters. Constantly dropping Floyd and Mack into coverage. Said it before the game. Belichick eats up chumps like that.  Fangio has shown for years that he won't adapt to bring more pressure if his base isn't working.  Sad
Seriously, what the hell happened here???  It's just bizarre.

I'm convinced you could put the All-Pro team on the field for the Bears, let them practice together for 6 weeks, and they still wouldn't make the playoffs. This team is doomed. 

I think there are a few things we can say with certainty. One is that there were three top QBs available in the 2017 draft. Pace had the first choice, and he chose the wrong guy. Mahomes and Watson are both worlds better than Trubisky will ever be. I’m beginning to believe Trubisky’s ceiling is Andy Dalton, perhaps Blake Bortles. And he may never equal those guys. 

I think there are a few things we can say with certainty. One is that there were three top QBs available in the 2017 draft. Pace had the first choice, and he chose the wrong guy. Mahomes and Watson are both worlds better than Trubisky will ever be. I’m beginning to believe Trubisky’s ceiling is Andy Dalton, perhaps Blake Bortles. And he may never equal those guys. 
Watson isn’t that good. And that’s who I wanted. 

Here are the problems with Trubisky:

1. He doesn’t read defenses well

2. He doesn’t see the field effectively

3. He doesn’t read through his progressions

4. He struggles throwing into coverage

5. He does not throw an accurate deep ball

6. He doesn’t handle pressure particularly welL

7. He makes poor decisions

He does scramble pretty well, and he is athletic enough to be effective as a rusher. If you give him a clean pocket, he can hit wide open receivers. So for him to be effective you either need receivers who can get separation, or scheme the receivers open. But honestly there are a lot of QBs that can be effective throwing from a clean pocket to wide open receivers.

i hope he can grow and improve. But I am not particularly optimistic. 

Huuuuuuuh

Watson isn’t that good. And that’s who I wanted. 
Coming into this week Watson had been hit 70 times. The next closest Number of QB hits given up is 49. Watson is getting his brains beat in. I still think he has demonstrated tremendous talent. I think he is much, much better than Trubisky.

Mitch is fine. Responsible for over 400 yards of offense and 3 TDs today.  The mistakes are expected right now.  If that's considered terrible for a Bears qb at this time, I'm all for it. 

flapgreen said:
Mitch is fine. Responsible for over 400 yards of offense and 3 TDs today.  The mistakes are expected right now.  If that's considered terrible for a Bears qb at this time, I'm all for it. 
PFF currently has him graded at 31 out of 36 QBs. The only QBs graded worse than him are Bradford, Tyrod Taylor, Rosen, Josh Allen, and Tannehill. I think Nagy has schemed well in creating open receivers and easy throws for Mitch. I just don’t think he has played well at all.

I think we should refer to Mitch as Trubortles from now on. He is Bortles North.

My memories of Bears Q.B.'s go back to Rudy Bukich, Jack Concannon, Bobby Douglas, Avelini and others.  This is a golden age of Bears Q.b.'ing right now and he is young and inexperienced still.  The kid needs some time to grow.  That's all. 

The offense played well enough to win.  Special teams were the key factor.

Let’s not forget that we just played a Super Bowl team that has set the standard of excellence over the last 15 years.

4 years ago they dropped 51 on us.

We were EXPECTED to lose vs. GB & NE.

Still learning how to finish.  Clear that Trubador is not yet comfortable.

There are still 10 games left and the schedule is quite favorable.  We can beat anybody except for the Rams.

I’m as critical and negative as anyone within the context of watching games.

It’s when you take a step back and analyze things from a level-headed perspective, it’s easy to see this team is improving.  Just need to clean up the dumb mistakes.

Definitely better stats than it looked...as noted by losing 2 of 3..

He's getting better, but not there yet.
The defense and special teams lost the last 2 games. Mitch is further along than any other Bears qb at this point in his career. He's shown a lot so far.  There's no excuse for what's happening on D

It’s almost as if Trubisky is a really inexperienced QB learning a completely new offense.
One of the biggest reasons for why the Bears took Mitch over everyone else was supposedly his accuracy. I'm not seeing it.

I can buy that the new offense takes time to learn all the plays and to be comfortable in calling them, but either you have accuracy or not. Inexperienced, yes. Which was the complete head scratcher on taking him as the #1 QB. Plenty of tape on Mahomes and Watson, including a national championship. Not sure what Pace and the Bears saw in the 13 college games of Mitch that they fell in love with to trade one spot to get him. 

The defense and special teams lost the last 2 games. Mitch is further along than any other Bears qb at this point in his career. He's shown a lot so far.  There's no excuse for what's happening on D
Yes, agreed.  Again, he's not a top QB yet, he is just not. Still making bad decisions and throws...but starting to make real good one's as well.  He'll be fine, but the bears are a year away.

Yes, agreed.  Again, he's not a top QB yet, he is just not. Still making bad decisions and throws...but starting to make real good one's as well.  He'll be fine, but the bears are a year away.
Yes. I think his mind is moving quicker than his body right now and it's throwing his accuracy off. It's not that he's suddenly an inaccurate qb. 

One of the biggest reasons for why the Bears took Mitch over everyone else was supposedly his accuracy. I'm not seeing it.

I can buy that the new offense takes time to learn all the plays and to be comfortable in calling them, but either you have accuracy or not. Inexperienced, yes. Which was the complete head scratcher on taking him as the #1 QB. Plenty of tape on Mahomes and Watson, including a national championship. Not sure what Pace and the Bears saw in the 13 college games of Mitch that they fell in love with to trade one spot to get him. 
I care more about what Mitch is going to be in the long run, not in his first full year.  I hope he's the type of QB that learns from his mistakes and develops into one of the greats.  I don't want a flash in the pan type QB.  I'm not saying that's what Mahomes and Watson are but I'm not making any major claims on who these guys are until I see them play for a few years.

Watson has not looked good at all this year. Plus he’s built like a feather and will always have some kind of injury. He’s the guy I wanted over Mitch but he has not impressed this year. Mitch has higher comp %, more tds, less INTs. 

Getting pretty annoyed at the lack of action for Anthony Miller, who actually looks like our best wr already. This kid is always open. More targets. 

Users who are viewing this thread