Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Got a QB! Don't ruin him!


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

would be hard in the Superdome, but defense travels

 

Brees puts the ball on ground with the best of them if you get him pressured. Honestly, Kamara would be my biggest concern if facing off against the Saints. We did not do well against Blount yesterday and granted it was a short week but there are improvements to be made

Edited by gabes1919
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My take: 1) Coaching hires are like draft picks, unless you arent totally off the reservation, there is no way to tell if it was a good pick until a least a couple years in. Nagy is on everybodys

Signing Foles feels like taking your sister to the prom. At least you have a date, but it is nothing to get excited about, and nothing is going to happen.

That is an astonishingly good trade for the Bears. 

2 hours ago, gabes1919 said:

Brees puts the ball on ground with the best of them if you get him pressured. Honestly, Kamara would be my biggest concern if facing off against the Saints. We did not do well against Blount yesterday and granted it was a short week but there are improvements to be made

I think we're 2nd in rushing yards allowed. We'll be fine. Gurley not doing #### in 2 weeks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Jabrill Peppers, Budda Baker, Marcus Maye, Marcus Williams, Justin Evans, Obi Melifonwu, Josh Jones, John Johnson, Delano Hill, Tedric Thompson.

That’s 12 safeties taken before Eddie Jackson. Jackson has 3 more touchdowns than all 12 combined

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember that time John Lynch was worshipped during his 2017 draft while Ryan Pace was universally trashed. That was funny. Should teach everyone to ignore the morons on TV. They don't know ####. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I also remember a couple of people absolutely trashing Pace before free agency and I said to not blame him solely due to Fox’s negative impact.  Pace doesn’t make decisions in a vacuum.

So again, Nagy and his staff have helped Pace and made him look good.  As it should be.

On another note, it’ll be nice to hop around all the early games for a change.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -X- said:

I also remember a couple of people absolutely trashing Pace before free agency and I said to not blame him solely due to Fox’s negative impact.  Pace doesn’t make decisions in a vacuum.

So again, Nagy and his staff have helped Pace and made him look good.  As it should be.

On another note, it’ll be nice to hop around all the early games for a change.

You need the Hopper from Dish.  Can do four screen PIP all in HD.  Love being able to have all the games on and the RedZone channel at the same time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So proud of this team right now.  They came off a short week, on the road, backup QB, national game, against a division rival and won.  The crazy part is that I had faith in them winning this when we went into it.  It helped that Detroit was missing a couple key players. 

Bears are starting to get some national recognition now. 🐻⬇️

Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been such an enjoyable season so far.  The Bears are playing their best football I've seen in a very long time and the Packers are collapsing.  Man, I love seeing the Packers struggle.  McCarthy is a terrible coach and has squandered Rodger's best years.  Rodgers is showing some signs of decline or something weird is going on because he hasn't looked good.  They're a mess and it makes me happy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

So proud of this team right now.  They came off a short week, on the road, backup QB, national game, against a division rival and won.  The crazy part is that I had faith in them winning this when we went into it.  It helped that Detroit was missing a couple key players. 

Bears are starting to get some national recognition now. 🐻⬇️

Three division wins in 12 days is extremely impressive.  The last one being on the road without their starting QB really tops it off.  If you really want to put things in perspective just look at the teams that went to Detroit this year and got beat.  The Bears just did it on the shortest rest ever and with a backup QB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2018 at 11:53 AM, flapgreen said:

Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Jabrill Peppers, Budda Baker, Marcus Maye, Marcus Williams, Justin Evans, Obi Melifonwu, Josh Jones, John Johnson, Delano Hill, Tedric Thompson.

That’s 12 safeties taken before Eddie Jackson. Jackson has 3 more touchdowns than all 12 combined

He reminds me of Mike Brown

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So Trub’s shoulder issue is a direct result of him not sliding feet-first, something that I commented on a few times during games earlier this season.  He needs to make better decisions according to the game situation when running.

Again, the D needs to suffocate Barkley and keep Manning down.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ian Rapoport had a pretty cool interview with Nagy on his “RapSheet & Friends” podcast that dropped earlier today.  Starts at ~13:20 and goes until ~29:30.

Oh and Trub actually practiced today but didn’t throw.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't tell me the Bears can't beat the Rams and Saints come playoff time. Dak sucks and the Cowboys defense isn't anywhere near the Bears D. 

Edited by flapgreen
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, flapgreen said:

Don't tell me the Bears can't beat the Rams and Saints come playoff time. Dak sucks and the Cowboys defense isn't anywhere near the Bears D. 

Dallas D looked pretty damn good last night. And without S. Lee.

Bears looked a little leaky vs. L. Blount last week. Going to give them a pass since they had little time to rest after a Sunday night game to turkey day turnaround. 

If they don't demolish Eli Sunday I'll be greatly disappointed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Dallas D looked pretty damn good last night. And without S. Lee.

Bears looked a little leaky vs. L. Blount last week. Going to give them a pass since they had little time to rest after a Sunday night game to turkey day turnaround. 

If they don't demolish Eli Sunday I'll be greatly disappointed.

The defense will play well, as it has all season. Leading the league in almost every major defensive category. I don't expect a blowout with Daniel starting, though. As long as they get the win, it's cool with me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mbuehner said:

I worry about this game. The conventional wisdom that the backup QB will look even better in game 2 with some starting time under his belt is probably wrong. Now theyve got Daniel on tape and 10 days to figure out how to murder him.

Agree. I have a bad feeling they're overlooking the Giants for the Rams game and Barkley and Beckham are going to make them pay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cunningham & McManis not traveling with the team.

Daniel is going to be fine, they’re not going to run the exact same plays as last week.  Took him almost the entire first half to get in sync, so with all the practice reps he should be a lot sharper in his execution this week.  Hopefully.

Field is going to be wet from rain tonight and potentially through the game tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2018 at 4:14 PM, mbuehner said:

I worry about this game. The conventional wisdom that the backup QB will look even better in game 2 with some starting time under his belt is probably wrong. Now theyve got Daniel on tape and 10 days to figure out how to murder him.

Not worried at all 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2018 at 4:26 PM, RBM said:

Agree. I have a bad feeling they're overlooking the Giants for the Rams game and Barkley and Beckham are going to make them pay. 

They're not overlooking anyone. Not how the current team is made.  This defense is so far ahead of stopping a team like the Giants. Won't do #### 

Edited by flapgreen
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • flapgreen changed the title to ***Chicago Bears Thread*** Got a QB! Don't ruin him!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...