Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Got a QB! Don't ruin him!


Recommended Posts

Just now, Don Hutson said:

Is the Scream IIPA the limited edition one?  I seem to remember an Imperial IPA I liked that was in the 4 pack.  I like all of their ipas.  They had a barley wine that was one of those seasonal limited editions available for like 3 months.  It was basically an ipa and had an alcohol content of 13%.  You had to be careful drinking it.  I would only drink a couple and then switch to something less lethal.  Are you in Iowa?  Did they start distributing outside of Wisconsin?

It's seasonal.  Part of their Thumbprint series.

I'm in Iowa but only about a half hour from the border and two hours from the brewery.  I also go fishing in La Crosse a few times a year so I'll pick some up then as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Driven past it a few times.  Never stopped though.  I don't go through Dickeyville all that often.

It super cool.  And I think it's open 24 hours.  It's super eerie in the middle of the night.  It's like 2 blocks off of the highway.  Another thing is Southwest Wisconsin that is worth going to is the Kickapoo River.  There are canoe and kayak rental places that are cheap and it is amazing.  Southwest Wisconsin is beautiful.

I won't hijack this thread any longer.  The Bears still suck!  Go Pack!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

It super cool.  And I think it's open 24 hours.  It's super eerie in the middle of the night.  It's like 2 blocks off of the highway.  Another thing is Southwest Wisconsin that is worth going to is the Kickapoo River.  There are canoe and kayak rental places that are cheap and it is amazing.  Southwest Wisconsin is beautiful.

I won't hijack this thread any longer.  The Bears still suck!  Go Pack!

SW Wisconsin and NE Iowa are amazing.  Few people in America realize how great it is here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

SW Wisconsin and NE Iowa are amazing.  Few people in America realize how great it is here.

Wisconsinites don't know how amazing SW Wisconsin is.  They all go up North.  And the FIBs go up North, too.  SW Wisconsin is mostly hippies and Amish.  And it's the better for it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, twistd said:

Trubisky needs all the reps he can get. Watching Trubisky just kills me when you think the Bears passed on Mahomes and Watson. So incredibly bad.

Yup he shows flashes but when you’re the 2nd pick in the draft you have to be able to put your team on your back at this point and I don’t see that happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What happened to the Anthony Miller hype......?

 Not a single target that I can see. 

 And from the looks of it, they need  someone they can throw it to near the line of scrimmage.

2 Big plays from Trubisky, and both well underthrown, one to AROB and the other to Montgomery.

 

 TZM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TZMarkie said:

What happened to the Anthony Miller hype......?

 Not a single target that I can see. 

 And from the looks of it, they need  someone they can throw it to near the line of scrimmage.

2 Big plays from Trubisky, and both well underthrown, one to AROB and the other to Montgomery.

 

 TZM

Trubisky can't throw to anyone. Terrible 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, flapgreen said:

Trubisky can't throw to anyone. Terrible 

 

Seriously man, the only two "good" receptions were extremely under thrown. 

AROB ran back past the defender to make a play, and the other was so far under thrown to Montgomery, he slowed and turned around so badly he lost his balance and couldn't run after the catch.

 

Good play on his behalf though.

 

 TZM

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow. What a demoralizing night. Wake up call for me for sure. I was feeling very confident and optimistic. 

I just don’t get Nagy. No targets for Miller who I think could be the best wr on the team. No involvement for Cohen until the 4th quarter desperation. Six carries for this rookie rb we’ve heard nothing but gushing about for 2 months. And worst of all Mr franchise qb looking totally lost. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2019 at 5:29 PM, tdmills said:

The Packers posters still picked Amos after I showed them this...

 

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix vs Adrian Amos

Career Numbers
Seasons: 5 vs 4
Ints: 14 vs 3
PD: 28 vs 18
Fumbles: 4 vs 3
Sacks: 5.5 vs 2
Tackles: 456 vs 269
Guaranteed $$$: 3.5 vs 12

Ha Ha would have allowed a TD at the end 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RBM said:

Wow. What a demoralizing night. Wake up call for me for sure. I was feeling very confident and optimistic. 

I just don’t get Nagy. No targets for Miller who I think could be the best wr on the team. No involvement for Cohen until the 4th quarter desperation. Six carries for this rookie rb we’ve heard nothing but gushing about for 2 months. And worst of all Mr franchise qb looking totally lost. 

Miller is hurt and wasn't on the field. Cohen probably had more touches than anybody else. This was all on Trubisky, once it became obvious he couldnt read a defense it was wide open for Packers D. Gonna be a long ride. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

100% Mitch. Nagey didnt call a great game but he couldn't call a great game. Once your QB is revealed and the D is blatently playing man, the jig is up. At this point, the whole league knows Mitch can only be effective if the presnap call will beat the defense and they snap it right away. Cuz he is going to his presnap read or taking a sack. His vision is nonexistent and I don't think thats fixable. Maybe Nagey schemes him to some wins, but who cares? Can you imagine what Belichick would do to him in a big game? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mbuehner said:

Miller is hurt and wasn't on the field. Cohen probably had more touches than anybody else. This was all on Trubisky, once it became obvious he couldnt read a defense it was wide open for Packers D. Gonna be a long ride. 

I saw Miller out there all night. And check the Cohen touches before the 4th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once again, Nagy abandoned the run completely.

Davis had 11 touches (5 rushes, 6 catches).

Cohen had 8 catches.

Monty had 7 touches (6 rushes, 1 catch).

Twisted irony that Amos got the INT.  If you watch that play again, Wims was wide open in the right flat near the sticks.

Edited by -X-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RBM said:

I saw Miller out there all night. And check the Cohen touches before the 4th.

Sure maybe whatever. They were straight playing Robinson one on one. Daring Trubisky to beat them. And your. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, backside options become irrelevant because he aint seeing them. They could have just stopped covering the sidevof the field Trubisky wasnt facing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

Wisconsinites don't know how amazing SW Wisconsin is.  They all go up North.  And the FIBs go up North, too.  SW Wisconsin is mostly hippies and Amish.  And it's the better for it.

 

It’s pretty awesome up there too. I love Wisconsin, except for their sports teams. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TZMarkie said:

What happened to the Anthony Miller hype......?

 Not a single target that I can see. 

 And from the looks of it, they need  someone they can throw it to near the line of scrimmage.

2 Big plays from Trubisky, and both well underthrown, one to AROB and the other to Montgomery.

 

 TZM

Miller had 1 target.  Not enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Statorama said:

Theres a guy that should have played 3 quarters every preseason game.  He really could have used a LOT of live reps

He's no better than the day he was drafted

I agree. We won’t see the offense in sync until week four. Trubisky needs every game rep he can get to learn to read defenses. Problem is that doesn’t correct a lack of accuracy. That may not be correctable. In three or four years the Bears may be trying to sign Jacoby Brissett. 

Edited by twistd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • flapgreen changed the title to ***Chicago Bears Thread*** Got a QB! Don't ruin him!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...