Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Got a QB! Don't ruin him!

4 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Outside of that, the defense has been dominant. Should be fresh entering the second half. 

Oh I feel like more than half the drives against us that have resulted in points would be wiped out if we were more disciplined. Sometimes it’s the only way these teams can move the ball. 

• Like 1

So, I'm trying to decide if I'd rather see the Chiefs or the Pats in the Super Bowl. I think the Chiefs would be an easier match up, just given the experience of the Patriots. But it would be nice to have a rematch of the teams from 85-86. I would expect a similar result, too.

As for the playoffs, obviously it doesn't matter--no team in the NFC can come close to challenging the bears. The Rams were exposed today. The saints are a joke without Brees. Possibly the Cowboys, but I don't think they'll look so efficient on offense with Dak constantly under pressure. Would be an interesting match up, though.

What a frustrating game.  Wanted the shutout.  Cannot get first downs to close it out.

Daniel did fine and I completely understand why they went conservative, but man that is just putting the D in a bad position, where being so gassed late is when injuries can happen.

Kwiatkowski came up huge today, that blitz where he bulldozed Cook was awesome, among other key plays.

Anyway...  Disco ball time.

#clubdub

Hopefully the sky is no longer falling.  3 straight wins. Just dominated a division rival while having 6 starters out. 3-1 and tied for the division lead. Here's hoping Mitch won't be out more than a month.  4 weeks until the chargers game.  Raiders, Saints, bye before that. We should be OK. 

44 minutes ago, -X- said:

What a frustrating game.  Wanted the shutout.  Cannot get first downs to close it out.

Daniel did fine and I completely understand why they went conservative, but man that is just putting the D in a bad position, where being so gassed late is when injuries can happen.

Kwiatkowski came up huge today, that blitz where he bulldozed Cook was awesome, among other key plays.

Anyway...  Disco ball time.

#clubdub

Frustrating? We just dominated a division opponent with 6 starters out and our starting qb. Every Bears fan should be pumped. 

Yes, frustrating because the offense couldn’t do anything to get drives going late to preserve the shutout and keep the D off the field.

Frustrating because a turnover deep in their end resulted in a FG instead of a TD.

Frustrating because Mack was getting held nearly every play.  Frustrating because of the stupid penalty when we stopped them deep in their own end.  Yeah, they didn’t score, but still...

Teams are going to see that when opposing offenses go no-huddle, we’re vulnerable.

It was great to shut their run game down, but the game should’ve been wrapped up before the 4th quarter.

Sure, it was a great win, doing it without several starters and Daniel did do a great job, but I still wanted a shutout.  Call me greedy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, -X- said:

Yes, frustrating because the offense couldn’t do anything to get drives going late to preserve the shutout and keep the D off the field.

Frustrating because a turnover deep in their end resulted in a FG instead of a TD.

Frustrating because Mack was getting held nearly every play.  Frustrating because of the stupid penalty when we stopped them deep in their own end.  Yeah, they didn’t score, but still...

Teams are going to see that when opposing offenses go no-huddle, we’re vulnerable.

It was great to shut their run game down, but the game should’ve been wrapped up before the 4th quarter.

Sure, it was a great win, doing it without several starters and Daniel did do a great job, but I still wanted a shutout.  Call me greedy.

Dude, you won by double digits over a tough division opponent, and the outcome was never in doubt in the 4th Q.  Be happy, FFS. :P

33 minutes ago, -X- said:

Division game with our backup qb against a top 3 defense and going against the leading rusher in the league. They likely could've gotten the shutout in the end but were playing back off the line more and making the Vikings use the clock. Perfectly played game almost. Very solid win. 

1 minute ago, RBM said:

Wonder what’s going on with Miller?  I expected a big step up from him this year and he’s just not involved. Hurt? Not getting open?  

from what i've seen he's had some drops plus the bears aren't a big passing offense to the WRs (lots of dumps to RBs and screens)

1 minute ago, RBM said:

Is that because guys aren’t getting open?  

IMO, no...part of the blame falls on Trubisky, you saw how Daniel was able to hit the open WRs.  But back to Miller, I'm just not impressed.  He's not hurt and he's on the field for most of the plays, not sure if he struggles getting open but in some of the plays he does get he doesn't impress me with his ability to catch the ball (a critical skill for a wr)

4 minutes ago, Gustavo Fring said:

If Trubisky is done for the year, what’s the plan?  Roll with Daniel or trade for a vet...Eli?  

We need to win this year.  

Ha I don’t want Eli. I’m sure they would roll with Chase as he knows the offense and sign some geek to back him up. 

Who’s on the scrap heap?

2 minutes ago, Gustavo Fring said:

Not sure - just mentioned Eli as he’s pretty much done in New York and knows how to win in the playoffs. 

You don't want Eli; he sort of looks toasted. Daniel looked good today. You guys went to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman of all guys. Seriously, you guys have been cursed since McMahon, and even he wasn't that great. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rockaction said:

You don't want Eli; he sort of looks toasted. Daniel looked good today. You guys went to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman of all guys. Seriously, you guys have been cursed since McMahon, and even he wasn't that great. 

We had Eric Kramer for a couple years.  :wub:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rockaction said:

You forgot about McMahon’s backup, Steve Fuller, who was pretty awful yet made five starts in ‘85.

We’re not bringing anyone in unless it’s to replace Bray after signing him off the practice squad.

Rich Campbell

@Rich_Campbell

·

12m

Bears HC Matt Nagy just now on his day-after-game

@WBBMNewsradio

appearance would not commit to ILB Roquan Smith playing in London. He said the Bears are “working through” his status and that “we’ll see.” Nagy shared no new info on the personal reasons affecting Smith.

• flapgreen changed the title to ***Chicago Bears Thread*** Got a QB! Don't ruin him!