What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (11 Viewers)

I think the brain trust in Chicago still believes in Mitch. He will start the rest of the season, and probably will be the starter next year. They have to make their decision on Trubisky’s fifth year option. I’d bet they pick it up.

The success you saw today was what you saw last year. Trubisky looks okay when he is throwing from a clean pocket, and he is throwing to wide open receivers. The long pass to Gabriel, he was all by himself. Montgomery was also wide open on his big pass reception. They were much more successful doing that last year.

I think the brain trust in Chicago still believes in Mitch. He will start the rest of the season, and probably will be the starter next year. They have to make their decision on Trubisky’s fifth year option. I’d bet they pick it up.
there is no upside to benching him. they have to try to understand what they have with him. he has to get better somehow. starting Daniel only hurts your situation.

Indy - Brissett 100%

Tampa - Winston isn't going anywhere; like 70/30 odds he's a returning starter.

TN - drafting 100%

Washington - drafting 100%

Cincy - drafting 100%

Miami - drafting 100%

Not sure who falls to R2 but you're reaching whoever its. This is especially problematic when you consider the o-line is garbage. Indy is a textbook example of what happens when you invest in the o-line. waiting until R4 is a failure.
All the above except Washington.  They just took a QB in the 1st, I wouldn't say 100% again.

I'd consider trading/signing Josh Rosen tbh.

All the above except Washington.  They just took a QB in the 1st, I wouldn't say 100% again.

I'd consider trading/signing Josh Rosen tbh.
If Ryan Pace and Nagy can move on from Mitch then why can't Dan Snyder? He wasn't chosen by Shanahan after all. They can see what he can do with the remainder of the season but there's not much cause for optimism.

If Ryan Pace and Nagy can move on from Mitch then why can't Dan Snyder? He wasn't chosen by Shanahan after all. They can see what he can do with the remainder of the season but there's not much cause for optimism.
of course they can. I didn't say it was 0%.

The success you saw today was what you saw last year. Trubisky looks okay when he is throwing from a clean pocket, and he is throwing to wide open receivers. The long pass to Gabriel, he was all by himself. Montgomery was also wide open on his big pass reception. They were much more successful doing that last year.
The success you saw today was a mediocre Eagles defense taking their foot off the gas. What you saw in the first half was the truth. 

The success you saw today was a mediocre Eagles defense taking their foot off the gas. What you saw in the first half was the truth. 
I don’t think the Eagles D played very well. But what I am saying is, that is how the Bears succeeded with Trubisky last year. If he has a clean pocket, and if he can throw to wide open receivers, he looks fine. But honestly, just about any NFL QB can do that. He struggles when he is pressured, and when he has to throw in to coverage, or when he has to try to throw a receiver open. Those are skills that a solid NFL QB needs to succeed. He hasn’t shown those. More than anything the accuracy is the issue. He could probably get better at processing, but if you can’t deliver the ball accurately, you will never succeed in this league.

Worst qb in the league. Does not belong in the NFL. 
As a Raider fan, I hope the Bears stick with Mitch.   An early draft pick will help with the sting of losing Mack.   And yes, it still stings.  But! in reality, the Bears have too talented roster to not win a few more games this season even with Mitch.   

As a Raider fan, I hope the Bears stick with Mitch.   An early draft pick will help with the sting of losing Mack.   And yes, it still stings.  But! in reality, the Bears have too talented roster to not win a few more games this season even with Mitch.   
I'm souring on Mack a little bit and it's not all his fault.  The rest of the DL is subpar without Hicks.  Floyd is worthless.  Pagano is dropping Mack into coverage more than he should.

But at the end of the day Mack is paid to be a game changer and he hasn't lived up to expectations lately.  Thankfully we had that Washington game for everyone to pad their stats. Factoring in the draft picks and contract for Mack, he is sitting at about a C- for me this season.  

I'm now also fully in the Pace has to be fired camp.  Whiffed on his bold moves. A GM shouldn't survive that scenario.  He will forever be known as the footnote for the GM who traded UP to pass on Both Mahomes and Watson. 

Is 125 passing yards good?

Seriously, we're reaching head in the sand mode if we're not going to pull the QB. 

I think you can safely argue that not pulling Mitch is worse for his career long term at this point.  He at least needs a "break" to get right.

I thought they should have used the shoulder injury to do this, but now they have to yank him because of performance.  Maybe the media can ask him some questions so he can "hurt" his neck and we can say it's that instead of that he's so bad we'll lose the locker room if he plays ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm souring on Mack a little bit and it's not all his fault.  The rest of the DL is subpar without Hicks.  Floyd is worthless.  Pagano is dropping Mack into coverage more than he should.

But at the end of the day Mack is paid to be a game changer and he hasn't lived up to expectations lately.  Thankfully we had that Washington game for everyone to pad their stats. Factoring in the draft picks and contract for Mack, he is sitting at about a C- for me this season.  
Eh, I mean the Eagles made sure to not let Mack beat them. Bears still got 4 sacks, so I'd imagine that effort opened things up a lot for the other guys. That was the most sacks on Wentz all season long so...

Is 125 passing yards good?
Against the greatest secondary of all time. I doubt any QB could have success throwing the ball against the Eagles and Mitch got a whopping 125 - it's time to start the pro bowl talk. 

I think Nagy deserved a ton of the blame for his horrible game plans. Offensive genius - he looks more like Terry Shea.  He is about to lose the locker room if he hasn't already. It doesn't get any easier ROS. They have 2 against the Lions and and one against the Giants that might be winnable games.  I wouldn't make them favorites in any of those games except the Giants at home.

I spent a little time looking at QB's and where they were drafted. Even those that were acquired either through trade or free agency.  This Wiki page is a good start

I didn't do the full analysis, but most Superbowl QB's (winners or losers) were acquired through the draft. Notables that didn't,

Foles,  was drafted by Philly, but spent time with other teams before returning to Philly. 

Manning (Denver), cut by Indy. But only because Indy drafted Luck. 

Dilfer (Baltimore), drafted by TB. 

Kurt Warner (St Louis and Arizona)

Hasselbeck (Seattle) drafted by GB.

It's four or five to one the number of successful QB's that are drafted vs acquired via free agency. I think many here are wanting to find a good QB. Not a great QB. 

I spent a little time looking at QB's and where they were drafted. Even those that were acquired either through trade or free agency.  This Wiki page is a good start

I didn't do the full analysis, but most Superbowl QB's (winners or losers) were acquired through the draft. Notables that didn't,

Foles,  was drafted by Philly, but spent time with other teams before returning to Philly. 

Manning (Denver), cut by Indy. But only because Indy drafted Luck. 

Dilfer (Baltimore), drafted by TB. 

Kurt Warner (St Louis and Arizona)

Hasselbeck (Seattle) drafted by GB.

It's four or five to one the number of successful QB's that are drafted vs acquired via free agency. I think many here are wanting to find a good QB. Not a great QB. 
Going back to 1980 here are the QBs were won and weren't drafted by the winning team: Foles, Manning (Denver), Dilfer, Brees, Warner, Favre, Young, Doug Williams and Plunkett.  Technically, Eli Manning was drafted by the Chargers.

Here is who was drafted by the winning team: Brady, Wilson, Flacco, Rodgers, Big Ben, Manning (Indy), Elway, Aikman, Rypien, Montana, Simms and Hostetler.

Caveat, might have missed a guy or two.  

The thing that drives me up the wall right now is what our running game has morphed into. 

We trade Howard for nothing because Nagy didn't want a I formation power back.  We trade draft capital to move up and grab Montgomery who I'd currently put in the same tier with Howard.  Nagy's offense runs terrible plays and Mitch misses open guys badly several times a game.

The offense is so bad, we GO BACK TO running in the I formation just to gain positive yards.  Lets not forget we don't even have a fullback on the roster.  It's bad player management and worse coaching. 

I don't know why we signed Cordelle Patterson to the contract we did either.  I thought he was going to be huge this year. 

The thing that drives me up the wall right now is what our running game has morphed into. 

We trade Howard for nothing because Nagy didn't want a I formation power back.  We trade draft capital to move up and grab Montgomery who I'd currently put in the same tier with Howard.  Nagy's offense runs terrible plays and Mitch misses open guys badly several times a game.

The offense is so bad, we GO BACK TO running in the I formation just to gain positive yards.  Lets not forget we don't even have a fullback on the roster.  It's bad player management and worse coaching. 

I don't know why we signed Cordelle Patterson to the contract we did either.  I thought he was going to be huge this year. 
Nagy has been bad but he truly is in a bad spot. If they commit to the I formation running game, teams will adjust to that as well. And they dont have the personnel to REALLY run that offense where you start running the counter game pulling linemen. You can pick a fullback off the street but the line pretty much is what it is, and they arent those kind of linemen. Which is a shame because the irony is Mitch is actually pretty good in those naked bootleg plays that are a big part of that o. 

The Bears are going to win this game easily.   Good for the Bears short term I guess but not long term.   Trubisky and Nagy will keep their jobs longer.  
Maybe if they bench Trubisky at half time after they are getting beat by Driskel. 

The mental gymnastics required to keep thinking Trubisky is a startable NFL QB are difficult to sustain for much longer.  It's already impressive how long we have gone. 

2 of Pace's second round picks getting demoted today with Shaeen inactive and Daniels shifting to guard. Not to mention limiting a third because I think whitehair is better at guard. Yet again Pace looks bad on his big picks. I hate the line move because we are done this year and Daniels who is not a long-term guard needs to keep getting better at center and the Lions are a perfect game for that. Of course this move will look good because the Lions don't have a great d-line. Now Daniels will be two years into his contract and still won't have played a full year at center. I'm guessing they won't move him back this year. Guys like Olin krutz think he can be a good center long term, but moves like this may turn him into a bust.

Maybe if they bench Trubisky at half time after they are getting beat by Driskel. 

The mental gymnastics required to keep thinking Trubisky is a startable NFL QB are difficult to sustain for much longer.  It's already impressive how long we have gone. 
If the ####### coach would actually adjust his offense to what trubisky does well he is a better option then the backup. It feels like Martz all over again.

Agree Trubisky isn't a good starting QB, but he proved last year he can be somewhat effective.

If the ####### coach would actually adjust his offense to what trubisky does well he is a better option then the backup. It feels like Martz all over again.

Agree Trubisky isn't a good starting QB, but he proved last year he can be somewhat effective.
I don't think I disagree, especially if they can just stop the horrible mistakes.  That's what kills the team. 

If they played more of a Cam Newton/Josh Allen game with him he would do better.  He sucks anyways when not used that way, so it's not like you have to be too concerned about injury.  If the QB run is there, just take the run until the stop it. 

I don't think I disagree, especially if they can just stop the horrible mistakes.  That's what kills the team. 

If they played more of a Cam Newton/Josh Allen game with him he would do better.  He sucks anyways when not used that way, so it's not like you have to be too concerned about injury. 
Yeah, last year when I hoped we had a franchise QB I hated all the runs, and wanted him to be an accurate pocket passer with some athleticism.  This year they have taken all of that away and he sucks. So they need to bring that back in and see if we have an offense.

The Bears are going to win this game easily.   Good for the Bears short term I guess but not long term.   Trubisky and Nagy will keep their jobs longer.  
Yeah, they're going to light it up today. I still think they can run the table, or come close to it, for the rest of the season. This is a talented team and they'll figure everything out.

Yeah I wouldn't be thinking this team can beat anyone easily the way they are currently going. 

The defense is probably down that their QB is horrendous. 

Users who are viewing this thread