Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Got a QB! Don't ruin him!

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My take: 1) Coaching hires are like draft picks, unless you arent totally off the reservation, there is no way to tell if it was a good pick until a least a couple years in. Nagy is on everybodys

Signing Foles feels like taking your sister to the prom. At least you have a date, but it is nothing to get excited about, and nothing is going to happen.

That is an astonishingly good trade for the Bears. 

So many mixed feelings. I love Fields' profile. I don't get why he fell. The 1st they're giving has a good shot to be early than 11th, which could make the trade look ridiculous.

Just now, mbuehner said:

Screw Pace.. this was the scenario where a QB drops and they STILL manage to overpay. Not surprising.  Just disappointing. 

I'm not so sure with NE and WFT looking at QB as well.

Just now, ZWK said:

So many mixed feelings. I love Fields' profile. I don't get why he fell. The 1st they're giving has a good shot to be early than 11th, which could make the trade look ridiculous.

Yeah that was a good trade at least

1 minute ago, ZWK said:

Won’t matter if fields is a hit

3 minutes ago, 3nOut said:

Bears give up a 2021 first and fourth, and 2022 first and fifth? I'm ok with that.

If hes a franchise QB, sure. If not, sets the franchise back another two years. So...

1 minute ago, The Tick said:

And if we were going all in on a qb in the draft, wasting 10M on Dalton makes even less sense.

Does this trade happen if Dallas doesn't trade back because two CBs went before their pick? Which then leads to NYG trading back because PHI took the last WR they wanted? This was an aggressive smart move by CHI but I don't think this was the plan all along. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Deranged Hermit said:

This.

I'm pretty happy right now. I was expecting to be disappointed at the end of the night. I'm definitely not....

Maybe pace is right this time and I'll be thrilled if in makes the bears good and we start winning some games, I really do like that, I've just seen him give up SO many picks over the years for guys they get obsessed with and they just fail again and again.

2 minutes ago, The Tick said:

And if we were going all in on a qb in the draft, wasting 10M on Dalton makes even less sense.

No guarantee any of them were going to drop. 

1 minute ago, The Tick said:

Maybe pace is right this time and I'll be thrilled if in makes the bears good and we start winning some games, I really do like that, I've just seen him give up SO many picks over the years for guys they get obsessed with and they just fail again and again.

The difference with this is that  when the Bears traded up for Trubisky, boone had him ranked that high above the other QBs. Fields was at one point the number two rated QB in this class.

1 minute ago, 3nOut said:

The difference with this is that  when the Bears traded up for Trubisky, boone had him ranked that high above the other QBs. Fields was at one point the number two rated QB in this class.

It's not just Trubisky, Pace trades up for a guy really often and they just haven't worked yet.

It's not just Trubisky, Pace trades up for a guy really often and they just haven't worked yet.

Maybe...but this was the pick and could have easily went 1.09

7 minutes ago, The Tick said:

That's my point. He usually trades up for someone not ranked as high. OTHERS have Fields ranked high, not just Pace.

• flapgreen changed the title to ***Chicago Bears Thread*** Got a QB! Don't ruin him!

Haha, didn't see that. Was wondering if flap was even around tonight.

I'm around. Very busy with life lately and just couldn't get into the season as much last year. Hoping this will get me fired back up, though. 

3 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

I'm around. Very busy with life lately and just couldn't get into the season as much last year. Hoping this will get me fired back up, though. 

So do you like the player, the trade or both?

50 minutes ago, 3nOut said:

And just as easily at 1.03.

9 minutes ago, Capella said:

Congrats, Fields is awesome and should have been the second pick in the draft. 

Agreed. And if there was ever going to be an upset at 1 it would have been Fields. I am ecstatic about this. And not just because I'm blotto.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, The Tick said:

So do you like the player, the trade or both?

Both. I was a bigger Mac fan, but Fields could be a big time player as well. 

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

What’s the next pick?  I got to think OL - and i might trade up again for jenkins

I'd never be disappointed in OL, but WR and, especially, CB have to be considered as well. Best player out of the three positions I guess.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, The Dude said:

What’s the next pick?  I got to think OL - and i might trade up again for jenkins

Hoping for OL, yes. Really need a tackle.  Then WR next round 

Edited by flapgreen