What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (11 Viewers)

How do we know Thomas was "their guy"? Maybe he was "their guy" at 3. But if the pot as right, "their guy" at 4 or 5 might have been Adams.
I think the 49ers had multiple guys they liked and were willing to take multiple trade offers.  The Bears just happened to give them the best offer.  Apparently the Bears wanted Trubisky and only him.

What?  If they wanted another player more they would've taken him instead.  I don't understand your logic.  Thomas was the player they wanted most.  
Thomas was the player they wanted most if they could draft at 2/3 and get a decent return.  If some team at 5/6 traded up to them and offered them say this year's 5/6th spot plus say a first in 2018 (for arguments sake), they definitely would have seen the value in potentially getting two top 10 first round picks 2 years in a row and dropping down to their #2 guy in Adams.  

Any thoughts or predictions on what the Bears do in the 2nd round tonight? I really hope they go secondary, there are some solid CB and S prospects available. 

The real question is; Is Trubisky happier that the Bears moved up to take him? Or would he have rather went to the Browns?

Sounds like he was screwed either way.

Any thoughts or predictions on what the Bears do in the 2nd round tonight? I really hope they go secondary, there are some solid CB and S prospects available. 
I hope they can get a team to trade down with so they can get a pick or two back.  I'd like to see them get their safety then a TE or WR.

We're supposed to believe the Bears told the 49ers they wanted Trubisky during negotiations after Pace had kept it a secret from his own HC for a month?
No.  I have no idea what went on.  All I know is that they knew they had one of their top players there with the 3rd pick which was Thomas.

Hmm they got played by the 49'ers who passed on a franchise QB and will move into the season with Hoyer and Barkley? This was the position the Bears were in last year which returned rotten fruit. Granted, Hoyer looked decent until the wheels fell off and then they crinkled like a lily in the scorching sun. Shanahan is singing the praises of Mitch Trob because they were probably looking at him. Maybe they got played into walking into next year and beyond with Hoyer and Barkley? The Bears take a shot at a franchise QB and rid themselves of the QB mess they were in and had to move on. Essentially, the greatness of the 49ers came along when they had two franchise QBs
They got played because no one else was moving up to 2 to get Trubisky. So they gave up assets they didn't have to give up to move up when they could have stayed where they were and got their guy. And Trubisky better be the goods because you passed on some terrific defensive players to draft him. 

Thomas was the player they wanted most if they could draft at 2/3 and get a decent return.  If some team at 5/6 traded up to them and offered them say this year's 5/6th spot plus say a first in 2018 (for arguments sake), they definitely would have seen the value in potentially getting two top 10 first round picks 2 years in a row and dropping down to their #2 guy in Adams.  
Exactly. This was my original point. And the way they were putting out smokescreens the last couple of months I felt like they were looking for a big haul of picks. They've been linked to Thomas, Trubisky, Fournette, Allen, Adams.

There are some really good CBs that are still available.  If they trade down they can still get one of them or even a safety.  Hopefully get a 3rd rounder back and then there could be some great WRs still there.  Maybe grab a TE in the 4th.

Safety is probably their top priority though.  WR and TE would be nice to get at some point.  Plenty of good WRs in the draft and I though the 3rd was a great spot to get one.
I'm sure they'll trade back.  WR  TE, S at some point in the draft. 

BusterTBronco said:
Ha ha ha!  Mitch Trubisky?   Love it!!

Not only did the Bears make a terrible pick, they TRADED UP to make it!

Worst draft pick in the history of the NFL!
Ryan Leaf says hey.

Ugh.  They just compared the Bears to the Jags since they've been a team and the similarities are scary.  They are basically the same teams.

Ugh.  They just compared the Bears to the Jags since they've been a team and the similarities are scary.  They are basically the same teams.
  I wouldn't mind that comparison. I'd trade the Bears personnel for the Jags personnel in a heartbeat. Their defense is loaded. The Bears have a better interior line, but the Jags are better at RB and WR. Neither team has a tight end. It would appear that they are pretty close at QB right now, but the Jags win hands down with their defense. 

I wouldn't mind that comparison. I'd trade the Bears personnel for the Jags personnel in a heartbeat. Their defense is loaded. The Bears have a better interior line, but the Jags are better at RB and WR. Neither team has a tight end. It would appear that they are pretty close at QB right now, but the Jags win hands down with their defense. 
And both have been some of the worst franchises in the NFL.  That's what's depressing.

Some guys to look at in the next couple rounds:

Cam Robinson OT

Sidney Jones. CB. Yes please 

Derek Rivers Edge

Taylor Moton OT

Budda  Baker DB

Chris Godwin WR

Obi Melifonwu DB

Kevin King CB

Bucky Hodges TE

Quincy Wilson CB

Forest Lamp OG

Zay Jones WR

Cooper Kupp WR

Chris Wormley DE

Last edited by a moderator:
Jags are better at RB? Say what?! :confused:

Maybe the Jags win "handsdown" with their defense but 3/4 of the Bears defense was hurt last year and the Bears still allowed fewer points

Yes. But, the assumption was that another team was negotiating with the 49ers for the # 2 pick. It was also assumed that it was the Browns. So, the draft slot was the same. 
Just looking at it from a market standpoint he went to the better city.

Jags are better at RB? Say what?! :confused:

Maybe the Jags win "handsdown" with their defense but 3/4 of the Bears defense was hurt last year and the Bears still allowed fewer points
Perhaps you didn't watch the draft last night. Fournette is a stud. Howard had a good season, but he is not in the same league as Fournette.

You guys knew it was a rebuild. Been beating me over the head about it all year.  I cant remember how much complaining I've done about the franchise because of the last 30 years. They have a GM who is finally tearing it all down and building it up like it should've been done 5 years ago.  This is how it works. Doesn't mean they're the Jags.  The cupboard was bare and they're building it back up. They've got some foundational pieces in place already. It's time to keep building around them. 

Perhaps you didn't watch the draft last night. Fournette is a stud. Howard had a good season, but he is not in the same league as Fournette.
Are you serious with this ####? Howard kicked some ### last year and was one of the best RBs in the league on a terrible offense. And now you're claiming a college RB is better than him. I can't believe I'm hearing this. 

And it was a horrible freaking pick that high anyway. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible to take a RB there who doesn't even catch the damn ball. 

Some guys to look at in the next couple rounds:

Cam Robinson OT

Sidney Jones. CB. Yes please 

Derek Rivers Edge

Taylor Moton OT

Budda  Baker DB

Chris Godwin WR

Obi Melifonwu DB

Kevin King CB

Bucky Hodges TE

Quincy Wilson CB

Forest Lamp OG

Zay Jones WR

Cooper Kupp WR

Chris Wormley DE
The Bears suck right now. We all know it.  Discuss the upcoming picks and who you guys like. 

The Jags are idiots. 

The amount of resources the #Jaguars have invested at RB for the 2017 season is pretty incredible.

Ivory $6m
Yeldon No. 36
Fournette No. 4

And it was a horrible freaking pick that high anyway. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible to take a RB there who doesn't even catch the damn ball. 
I remember people saying that about Elliott last year too.

They have very little invest in Yeldon and his contract is up after next year.  They can trade him.  Ivory got a fairly sizable contract but he could also be traded.  I see them getting a possible difference maker in Fournette and will be paired with one of their existing RBs while the other one gets traded away.

If Pace doesn't trade back and doesn't take OL, my bet is on King or Obi

Tim Williams also in play 

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember people saying that about Elliott last year too.

They have very little invest in Yeldon and his contract is up after next year.  They can trade him.  Ivory got a fairly sizable contract but he could also be traded.  I see them getting a possible difference maker in Fournette and will be paired with one of their existing RBs while the other one gets traded away.
Completely different situation on a team that had a lot of parts in place. Jags are terrible 

Users who are viewing this thread