What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (16 Viewers)

Colts did that a few years ago.  Didn't work, but value wise its something.  Butt can be a TE 2 for 10 years easy.  Thats something in rd 4

Colts did that a few years ago.  Didn't work, but value wise its something.  Butt can be a TE 2 for 10 years easy.  Thats something in rd 4
I could see it when your team is set at most positions but I don't think the Bear have that luxury this year.  If they had more picks maybe.

Bears get killed for moving up for a qb but the Saints gave up more to get rb and no backlash
Where are you looking to see reactions?  You're not going to find it in this thread.  I was very surprised they grabbed another RB though.  You'd think they would want to improve their defense.

Didn't get a chance to follow the draft live yesterday but DVRed it and watched it last night. Caught up on this thread this morning. Lots of pessimism in this thread but I'm actually quite happy with the way things worked out. I initially thought we could have had Trubisky at 3 but don't think so anymore. I don't think we gave up at a lot for him (compared to HOU and KC) and I like that Pace is making bold moves and was able to recoup some of his picks. After today, if we addressed our QB, TE, and CB/S needs, I won't care what order we got them and what picks we gave up.

Best comment I've heard about him is that he's a DII junior that was invited to the combine.  That speaks volumes for his potential.
Think I saw that when he was there, he was tied for both top bench reps and top 40 time.  So really hoping for a complete package tight end that can block and catch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @flapgreen, not sure when you did it but I noticed you changed the name of this thread. LOL! Was certain you were just going to change it to "Why NOT!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Jake Butt fan. He will strive elsewhere. I just wouldnt hate the pick for the Bears
Yeah, I'm there too, was originally hoping the bears may have had a shot at him in the second before the injury.  If there value was there, I wouldn't complain too much, but man do we have other holes we need to fill.

If everyone wanted to get a TE that can catch and block they should have hoped the Bears waited a couple rounds and grabbed George Kittle from Iowa.  He may be the best blocking TE in the draft and can still catch.

Kittle is a prime example that a player can learn to become a very good blocker and that's why I'm not worried about Shaheen.

Went after a qb. Now time to support one for the first time. Build him around him. They could take all offensive players this draft and I'd be ecstatic. Let's go! 

I love seeing the NFL Network guys hammer the Bears. Makes me feel comfortable the Bears will succeed. Along with ESPN, they're almost always wrong. 

I was looking at all the grades given by sports sites and the more I read them the more I like the picks.  Not many were impressed with the Bear's draft so far.

There seems to be a double standard going on here? Flap can ##### for weeks about poor free agent moves (not signing Jeffery) and claims that Fox and Pace are idiots. Someone else doesn't like the draft moves and suddenly we are wrong. Same coach and GM. Now their geniuses? 

Can't have it both way.

There seems to be a double standard going on here? Flap can ##### for weeks about poor free agent moves (not signing Jeffery) and claims that Fox and Pace are idiots. Someone else doesn't like the draft moves and suddenly we are wrong. Same coach and GM. Now their geniuses? 

Can't have it both way.
Hey, it's the Internet! I've never liked Pace's free agency approach. That goes back years. I can't fault his drafting after last year.  If he hits on this draft, we're in the best shape we've been in since the 80s

Can't have it both way.
They were idiots becuase they didn't do what Flap wanted them to.  Now they are geniuses because they did. 

I don't see any double standard here at all!  :D

Glennon will start. If the bEars are even remotely in a playoff hunt, he will continue to start. Once the Bears are out of it, Trubisky may get a chance, depending on how he's progressing. 
Trubisky is at least a year away from starting, maybe more. He started 13 games in college. He is green as grass. The best way to ruin a QB prospect is to put him on the field too early. I actually think Glennon will play well. 

Users who are viewing this thread