Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Got a QB! Don't ruin him!


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, The Tick said:

i think it would be completely different, just like the houston game. When the put watson in, it instantly got more exciting. Less sacks, he moved around, but you also started to get the miscommunications and ints. In the end they got 7 points out of it.

You may be right. We'll fight out soon enough. I think Mitchell will play sooner rather than later.  Then, we can finally see hkw good the Bears can really be. Glennon was terrible that game, outside of a couple drives.  You said I made a blanket statement, but I really didn't. Been pointing out the differences between the 2 qbs for weeks. Most people are just responding telling me I don't know what I'm talking about.  No discussion on what one quarterback does better than the other. 

Glennon.  Terrible feet. Slow through his progressions. Slow release. Stares down his receivers.  Inaccurate. Not athletic.  Has experience in the league but has thrown 11 passes in the regular season over the last 3 years, prior to today. 

Trubisky.  Great feet.  Very accurate. Extremely athletic. Can create plays on the run. Would put less pressure on OL.  Quick release.  Obviously inexperience, but there's no Alex Smith starting to keep the team together. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Rappaport saying White to IR with broken collarbone? Trying to confirm. 

#### me. Unlike someone else that posted, I was stoked when we drafted him. Thought we finally had that stud wr we've needed for years....

eta: I was wrong...

Edited by The Tick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

You may be right. We'll fight out soon enough. I think Mitchell will play sooner rather than later.  Then, we can finally see hkw good the Bears can really be. Glennon was terrible that game, outside of a couple drives.  You said I made a blanket statement, but I really didn't. Been pointing out the differences between the 2 qbs for weeks. Most people are just responding telling me I don't know what I'm talking about.  No discussion on what one quarterback does better than the other. 

Glennon.  Terrible feet. Slow through his progressions. Slow release. Stares down his receivers.  Inaccurate. Not athletic.  Has experience in the league but has thrown 11 passes in the regular season over the last 3 years, prior to today. 

Trubisky.  Great feet.  Very accurate. Extremely athletic. Can create plays on the run. Would put less pressure on OL.  Quick release.  Obviously inexperience, but there's no Alex Smith starting to keep the team together. 

you said we would have won that game with trubisky. I consider that a blanket statement. All KC and I want to say is that it would have been different. We have no idea if it would be win or loss, just a different game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, -X- said:

Dude is made of glass.  All the major outlets saying collarbone, one saying shoulder blade.

Anyway, Demps is today's goat, not Giraffe.  Leaving a guy uncovered down the f'ng middle and then failing to bring him down is unacceptable.

yeah i was hitting the bathroom during that play and finally saw a replay of that attempt at a tackle. Instantly hit ESPN to figure out wtf 21 was. Yep that's demps our newest overpriced old safety.

Edited by The Tick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flapgreen said:

You think Glennon played better than Trubisky would have? 

They had a few chances to win with Glennon. Drops in the end zone or near it aren't on Glennon. And I'm not the biggest Glennon fan but he didn't lose this game for them. Money Mitch could have made the same passes but with the same drops....same result. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Observations from watching the game live. Offensive Line is good at run blocking but not pass blocking. Run game looks good. Cohen will be a force. Defense is going to be good even very good but needs to avoid blown coverage. Glennon was awful in the first half, good in the second. If he plays like the first half we will see Mitch soon. If he plays like the second half Bears will win a good number of games.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, ditka311 said:

Said the same thing earlier. Picks 1-5 will need to be wr and or ol. 

I know I said this at draft time as well, but you only use a top 5 pick for a QB, pass rusher, or OL.  Check out some of these rookie WRs already making a splash today. Taken later. 

We just signed our LT to a contract and the inner part of the OL is set. Why would we take anything other than a right tackle? The OL is not at top of the least in team need right now.  I don't like Massie and I give him a ton of ####, but he wasn't bad at all today. 

Edited by flapgreen
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, ditka311 said:

They had a few chances to win with Glennon. Drops in the end zone or near it aren't on Glennon. And I'm not the biggest Glennon fan but he didn't lose this game for them. Money Mitch could have made the same passes but with the same drops....same result. 

You're right. Those drops aren't on Glennon.  What about the first 3 quarters? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, icecat4270 said:

Observations from watching the game live. Offensive Line is good at run blocking but not pass blocking. Run game looks good. Cohen will be a force. Defense is going to be good even very good but needs to avoid blown coverage. Glennon was awful in the first half, good in the second. If he plays like the first half we will see Mitch soon. If he plays like the second half Bears will win a good number of games.

Glennon is who he is. He'll have a good quarter here and there but he is who he is.  He's a backup. I think Mitch starts within the next five games. If he doesn't and the Bears keep losing, then Fox has given up already. Fox seemed almost upbeat after losing to the Falcons by so little. Watch the next few weeks. Teams will know exactly how to game plan against the Bears offense now.  The offense will only get worse if something isn't changed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

I know I said this at draft time as well, but you only use a top 5 pick for a QB, pass rusher, or OL.  Check out some of these rookie WRs already making a splash today. Taken later. 

We just signed our LT to a contract and the inner part of the OL is set. Why would we take anything other than a right tackle? The OL is not at top of the least in team need right now.  I don't like Massie and I give him a ton of ####, but he wasn't bad at all today. 

Myself and icecat both said they should take a WR early in the draft.  Neither of us said it had to be a top 5 pick.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Tick said:

man that's sad, really don't think the kid did anything wrong. Was a project to start with and just never stayed healthy to work through things.

Can't remember a top pick having so many bad breaks. Hard to say what kind of player he would have been minus the injuries....probably never know at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That being said, the idea that the rookie was going to win that game is overblown. Could he have? sure. Could he have turned the ball over 3 times facing a very good defense and never having played against real regular season defensive schemes? Absolutely, that's what youd expect to happen.

Edited by mbuehner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ditka311 said:

What about them? You think Money Mitch tackles Hooper?

Losing game wasn't on the defense. Blew a couple coverages. Shut down one of the best offenses in the league for most of the game, with very little help from their own offense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Losing game wasn't on the defense. Blew a couple coverages. Shut down one of the best offenses in the league for most of the game, with very little help from their own offense. 

Eh... Giving up a huge TD because of blown coverage is a big deal and a huge reason for the loss.  They did well overall but when you're not a great team you can't afford to have mistakes like that.  The Bears are not good enough yet to overcome mistakes like that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, icecat4270 said:

Observations from watching the game live. Offensive Line is good at run blocking but not pass blocking. Run game looks good. Cohen will be a force. Defense is going to be good even very good but needs to avoid blown coverage. Glennon was awful in the first half, good in the second. If he plays like the first half we will see Mitch soon. If he plays like the second half Bears will win a good number of games.

I was at game too, agree with everything you say. Would add that I thought that Foxie played a conservative game first half. Bears can at least compete this year, Mitch might allow us to win more then lose though. Glennon is no answer.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Eh... Giving up a huge TD because of blown coverage is a big deal and a huge reason for the loss.  They did well overall but when you're not a great team you can't afford to have mistakes like that.  The Bears are not good enough yet to overcome mistakes like that.

Allowed 23 points to Atlanta and you're pointing out a couple plays from the defense as a huge reason for the loss.  Not all the stops the defense had all day. And not all the offensive ineptitude and poor qb play.  A competent performance from a qb and we win that game.  Blaming it on the defense or OL is deflection away from the main problem. The qb 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, flapgreen said:

That's the only thing that gives me pause. I'm perfectly fine with the OL and RBs. 

Oline should be fine if Long can be out there. If not the pass protection looks to be a weakness. Running game should be very good which could help Mitch a lot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • flapgreen changed the title to ***Chicago Bears Thread*** Got a QB! Don't ruin him!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...