What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (11 Viewers)

Watched some of the game film. Kmet slow as hell and just big. Bad pick now like it was on draft day. Jaylon balling already. Great pick. As well as Mooney. 

This team is so bad. Barely beating garbage teams. 
Naa, I think mediocre is right, we are going to win 7-8 games and draft somewhere between 10 and 20, not bad enough to hope for the big difference makers in the draft, but not good enough to be sniffing the playoffys.

Only way out of this is if QB play and consistency picks up (either Mitch getting it, my hopes aren't up for that, or a change to Foles which may not be much better), and the defense gets a little more solid, especially at the end of games.

Naa, I think mediocre is right, we are going to win 7-8 games and draft somewhere between 10 and 20, not bad enough to hope for the big difference makers in the draft, but not good enough to be sniffing the playoffys.

Only way out of this is if QB play and consistency picks up (either Mitch getting it, my hopes aren't up for that, or a change to Foles which may not be much better), and the defense gets a little more solid, especially at the end of games.
Agreed

Man, both of those things happened in the second half... I have no idea what this team is now. Interested to see what the next two weeks hold.

I hope Trubisky starts next week. Hear me out. Trubisky seems to do his best way in the opening 15 plays, and Foles might be the best QB ever when coming off the bench. Its unconventional(and will never happen) but I truly believe its the path to the most success. The Dolphins did something similar in their Super Bowl year pre-Marino.

In all seriousness, being 3-0 was extremely unexpected. Decent shot at being the #2 seed after tonight.

I think this offense was designed more for Foles than Trubisky. Trubisky would have been better if they utilized his mobility. They didn’t. But I think the open receivers that were available for Foles, were there for Trubisky. He either didn’t see them, or he threw and missed them. But Foles is a pretty limited QB IMO. I think those limitations will become more evident as the season progresses. The defense isn’t as good as I thought they would be. The offensive line is as bad as I thought they would be. The next two weeks will tell a lot. Indy and Tampa are both good teams. Let’s see how the Bears match up.

travdogg said:
I hope Trubisky starts next week. Hear me out. Trubisky seems to do his best way in the opening 15 plays, and Foles might be the best QB ever when coming off the bench.
He's no Steve Fuller.

I think this team is clearly the class of the NFC. I have a hard time seeing anyone beating them all season. I'm making my super bowl bets now while the odds are still good. 

I think this team is clearly the class of the NFC. I have a hard time seeing anyone beating them all season. I'm making my super bowl bets now while the odds are still good. 
You meant class of the NFL not NFC :) . What number is Foles and what number was McMahon? We have a new #9 to lead the Bears to Super Bowl glory

On a serious note I hope Foles can stay healthy because he has a better understanding of the offense, can read defenses better and is more accurate. I know it is only 1 game and they were playing the Falcons so it will be interesting to see what they do against better Ds.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Nagy has had his chance with a different QB and still the same pathetic run game. It's pretty obvious what we have with Nagy now

The problem is neither is that good. I’ve said this over and over again this offseason. Foles is what we saw yesterday. He is not what we saw on that magical run in 2018. We saw him with chances to start with the Rams, and the Jags. We saw the same guy we saw yesterday. He is an above average back up QB. If the Bears had a dominate offensive line, and a strong running game, you could score points with Foles as your QB. And with this defense you could flirt with the playoffs. But they don’t have either of those offensive components. The Bears would have been much better off to have gone after Cam, Jameis, or even Dalton.

Once again, we have been sold a bill of goods. Last Year they told us the bad play of the o line was coaching. They changed o line coaches. This year, we were told the same thing. And the results are the same. I don’t think Montgomery looks bad, but he is getting no room to run. And the pass pro isn’t great either. At some point they have to recognize that coaching can’t overcome subpar players. Pace And Nagy both insisted that it was the coaching, not the players. So they largely ignored addressing the o line. This is the result of that.

Unfortunately, I think the Bears will need a complete reboot. After this season they should move on from Pace and Nagy and start over again. They probably won’t do that. Nagy has two years on his contract after this year. Pace has a contract through 2021. The Bears don’t like to eat contracts. So I’d guess they will limp through next year with Foles, Pace, and Nagy. Then they will hire a new GM, and fire Nagy, and let the new GM hire a new coach. And once again, the Bears will be searching for a QB. But, we have become accustomed to that. 

Loved that game, classic Bears. Strong D wins it and competent QB play is all we needed. I can have 2006 vibes coming again for this team. You have the electric returner Patterson who just has so much confidence to return the ball no matter what. I expect they will improve as a team. Foles is no slouch, he may be streaky but his calm focus is what makes him. Best balance I've seen on the team in a while. and Allen Robinson I love you, but keep your feet down when you want to catch! (That INT assist)    

Typical Bears winning in spite of their terrible coaching and QB play. Now Nagy is going to think that was a successful formula. 

the inability to run the ball is going to eventually kill this team (like it always has under Nagy). Schedule is looking tough next 5 games. rams, saints, titans, vikings, packers... we'll find out where this team stands in the NFC

Last edited by a moderator:
the inability to run the ball is going to eventually kill this team (like it always has under Nagy). Schedule is looking tough next 5 games. rams, saints, titans, vikings, packers... we'll find out where this team stands in the NFC
Agree with your assessment. The Bears are too predictable running the ball - you almost always know when they are going to run the ball either because of the formation or the personnel. I think this is probably Nagy's biggest failure with the offense.  I think they have done a good job of addressing some of his other failures this year and I also think Trubisky's inability to read defenses properly made him look a lot worse as a play caller because the passing game is predicated on making the correct reads. Also Trubisky was so inaccurate and missed plays that might have changed the outcomes of many games. 

Not worried about the schedule at all.  The Bears beat Tampa. Tampa beat Green Bay. Green Bay beat Minnesota and New Orleans. Therefore the Bears should easily beat GB, Minnesota and New Orleans so the worst they can go during this period is 3-2 but they most likely will go 5-0 :)  

Actually it is a pretty tough schedule maybe with the exception of the Vikings based on how they are playing right now. Not taking the Vikings game for granted because they are a division rival and they have a ton of talent.

I am worried about the Rams game because of the Ram's D. Can the Bears O line block Aaron Donald so Foles can get into a rhythm? The Bears D will probably need to win that game for them. 

I was at the Saints game last year and the Bears got line got blown away on both sides of the ball. That along with Nagy's horrible play calling did them in. The final score was misleading because Trubisky led them to 2 TDs when the game was out of reach - I think it was during the last 5 minutes of the game. The only TD they scored when the game was in doubt was on a kickoff return.  I am not expecting them to win that game.  

The pass defense is just nasty, along with the pass rush. Best pass defense since the Urlacher days. 5-1. No complaints here. Just keep getting better 

So much for the Bears making the playoffs. They are a good defense with a terrible offense. They have a mediocre QB and a below average offensive line. I’m so sick of listening to the Bears brain trust telling us that the offensive line just needs to play better. They suck. You can’t take a group of below average offensive linemen, and get good results. They can’t run the ball because the offensive line can’t control the line of scrimmage. And they can’t pass protect, so the QB is always under pressure. Nothing is going to change until you get better offensive linemen.

Users who are viewing this thread