What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (5 Viewers)

Mitch is getting more comfortable in the offense.  Burton was great in the check down role early in the season.  I'm sure Burton still has a couple big games left this season. 
To me, he's been consistently underutilized all season outside of his huge game vs. NE.

Offense has so many weapons and spread the ball around to everyone. Difficult to have a consistent fantasy player. 
It certainly seems like it's going to be difficult to have a consistent fantasy player, but he's one of their top weapons IMO so it seems odd to only give him 4-5 targets per game. He's seemingly always open, and he's been highly productive with the limited targets he gets, I just don't understand why it isn't 6-8 per game minimum.

No need. Have you seen their schedule? A semi pro team could win against that. They have:

At Detroit (easy win)

At New York (easy win)

Rams

Packers (easy win)

At San Francisco (easy win)

At Minnesota

That's two out of six games against teams with a winning record. That's an incredibly easy schedule. Plus, they get the Rams at home and the Rams haven't looked all that impressive lately. And the game against Minnesota will probably be meaningless. 

It's safe to say they'll likely clinch either the number one or number two seed, which means they'll have maybe one tough game in the playoffs. But they have the best QB in the division and one of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen. I don't see any way the bears lose another game this season. Might as well pencil them in as Super Bowl champions right now. And if you like to bet, get in while the odds are still good.
Please tell me you're 12 or 13 years old?  This post would make sense if so.

It certainly seems like it's going to be difficult to have a consistent fantasy player, but he's one of their top weapons IMO so it seems odd to only give him 4-5 targets per game. He's seemingly always open, and he's been highly productive with the limited targets he gets, I just don't understand why it isn't 6-8 per game minimum.
He'll have some games like that. The Bears have become more aggressive going down field as the season has went along as well. 

No need. Have you seen their schedule? A semi pro team could win against that. They have:

At Detroit (easy win)

At New York (easy win)

Rams

Packers (easy win)

At Minnesota

That's two out of six games against teams with a winning record. That's an incredibly easy schedule. Plus, they get the Rams at home and the Rams haven't looked all that impressive lately. And the game against Minnesota will probably be meaningless. 

It's safe to say they'll likely clinch either the number one or number two seed, which means they'll have maybe one tough game in the playoffs. But they have the best QB in the division and one of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen. I don't see any way the bears lose another game this season. Might as well pencil them in as Super Bowl champions right now. And if you like to bet, get in while the odds are still good.
Smartest guy on the board. 

Trub with some bad picks, especially the second one.  Didn’t really hurt us though.

No injuries that I saw, so rest up, boys.

Parkey still sucks, but at least he seems to have corrected his mechanics.  Loved us going for 2 twice.
I didn't think the first pick was too bad.  The pass was actually pretty good.  The decision may not have been the best though.  He thought his WR beat his man deep but the safety made a great play on the ball.  I chalk that up to great defense more than bad QB play.

The second pick was not a good play by Mitch.  That one was on him.

3rd best team in the conference right now. 
Excited for the Rams game.  No doubt they are a good team, but their schedule hasn't been that tough.  I think the Bears will be able to hang and could pull off a win at home. 

Rooting for KC to take it to them tonight.

I didn't think the first pick was too bad.  The pass was actually pretty good.  The decision may not have been the best though.  He thought his WR beat his man deep but the safety made a great play on the ball.  I chalk that up to great defense more than bad QB play.

It was into triple coverage, but Turbo waited on the ball instead of going up and getting it; still a poor decision to throw it there.

Was on the WR. Miscommunication 

It was into triple coverage, but Turbo waited on the ball instead of going up and getting it; still a poor decision to throw it there.
It wasn't triple coverage when he threw it, the safety came over the top I believe.  It was a bad decision but the throw was right on the money.

At Detroit (easy win)

At New York (easy win)

Rams

Packers (easy win)

At Minnesota

I’m being cautiously optimistic is all.  Looking ahead and predicting a SB victory (which you do every year, regardless of the actual state of the team) is just plain silly.

This is the best Bears defense since the 06 team. Maybe since 85.
They’re getting there.  Still want to see fewer fourth quarter points given up.  The ‘06 D was much stronger in that aspect.  Can’t even hold a candle to ‘85.

Every INT is bad, unless it comes off of a deflection, then it is just flukey.

Trub needs a speech advisor.  “Yeah, for sure.”

He'll have some games like that. The Bears have become more aggressive going down field as the season has went along as well. 
Thanks, but I'm not really seeing this as the reason either. They were dinking and dunking last night yet Burton was ignored, and he should be a part of a downfield attack anyway.

The Nagy/Kelce narrative made a lot of sense, just trying to figure out why it hasn't materialized. I could understand it if he's been a disappointment, but again, he's open a lot and has been very efficient when they throw him the ball, they just aren't doing that nearly enough IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, but I'm not really seeing this as the reason either. They were dinking and dunking last night yet Burton was ignored, and he should be a part of a downfield attack anyway.

The Nagy/Kelce narrative made a lot of sense, just trying to figure out why it hasn't materialized. I could understand it if he's been a disappointment, but again, he's open a lot and has been very efficient when they throw him the ball, they just aren't doing that nearly enough IMO.
You asked. Sorry you're not seeing it. The offense has improved as the year has continued and the Bears are leading the division and on a 4 game winning streak.  The usage of one player on this type of an offense is inconsequential. They spread it all over. 

Impressive win with one of the best drives I have seen in many many years (the series that led to the TD in the second quarter). A great blend of run, misdirection, QB scrambles, nice passes and a great catch in the end zone.

What can I say that others have not said - shocking to see a real offense execute, suffocating defense, turnovers that lead to points, going for two pointers and converting, a kicker showing up (at least for a week), good clock management (STILL need more killer instinct from the offense in the second half) and winning games that they were always losing.

Maybe they have turned the corner with the dumb mistakes and the crazy insane injuries that have plagued this team for years. I have seen the Packers pull off the three division wins in less than 2 weeks. Maybe the stars are aligning. Detroit at home on Thanksgiving will be a tough game. There would be nothing better than beating them and GB for me. Obviously, all Bear's fans want that revenge game on GB but need to take them one game at a time and stay healthy.

Good job to the organization. Its been a long time since I have said it but have to give credit where credit is due. Top 5 most entertaining team in the NFL this year (maybe top 3 after NO and KC).  

Things look good. But every year (heck, every week) key players are being lost to injury. I'm sure Washington had playoff hopes up until yesterday. The NFL season is a war of attrition. 

Things look good. But every year (heck, every week) key players are being lost to injury. I'm sure Washington had playoff hopes up until yesterday. The NFL season is a war of attrition. 
Amazing how many injuries the Bears have had over the last 5 years. Hardly any this year. 

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
#Bears are the only team in the NFL without a negative turnover margin in every game this season (Rams are 9-of-10). The Bears lead the NFL in turnover differential at +13.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
They didn't let them back in the game. The defense did exactly what they were trying to do. They kept everything in front of them and forced the Vikings to use up the clock. Worked fine. The offense turned the ball over 3 times and the game was still never in doubt. Bears are hot right now. Converted 50% on 3rd down. Trubisky balled in the 4th picking up huge first downs. 
I was starting to sweat in the 4th a bit. I understand they were in a prevent but it seemed like every Minnesota completion was able to be carried out of bounds stopping the clock and the bears offense was stalling.

Minnesota D made good halftime adjustments. I'm not sure if the Bears offense stalled in the second half because of this or because they started playing more conservatively but it will be interesting to see how things go the next time they play - assuming it matters for both teams.

I was starting to sweat in the 4th a bit. I understand they were in a prevent but it seemed like every Minnesota completion was able to be carried out of bounds stopping the clock and the bears offense was stalling.

Minnesota D made good halftime adjustments. I'm not sure if the Bears offense stalled in the second half because of this or because they started playing more conservatively but it will be interesting to see how things go the next time they play - assuming it matters for both teams.
Zimmer is a good coach and has always made good adjustments at the half.  Sure, it would've been great if the Bears had kept rolling, but the Vikings are a very good team.  They gave the Saints all they could handle.  I actually like that Trubisky struggled at one point and then came in during the last drive and moved the ball all the way down the field for the FG that sealed it. No panic in his game last night and was very aggressive. 

Eta: I'm always sweating when the Bears have the lead. Feels like they've been blowing them my entire life. But it's a different team this year. The culture is totally different. The guys are having fun and playing confident. As a Bears fan, it's an unusual feeling, but I'm getting used to not having it in the back of my mind that they'll blow it. 

^That’s what I was referring to.  I understood what they were doing, but it doesn’t make it any less maddening to see the CBs play that deep off the WRs.

We knew they weren’t going to run with the way we snuffed it out.  That’s when you look for routes to jump.

Roquan’s missed tackle on Diggs was huge in allowing them a big play that sustained a drive.  He seems to have a knack for boneheading a couple of plays each week, but at least it was only one this time around.

It’s always tough when you dominate early.  Coasting to the finish is often harder than going full throttle.   
I don’t believe we were trying to coast.  Every time they tried that horizontal sh!t in the second half it resulted in second and long.

As flap said and most everyone knows, MIN has a quality D.  I’d just like to see more quick slants and RB dumpoffs to Cohen in forward space.  Mix up the tempo like was being done earlier.  It’s ok to up the tempo at times in order to get positive plays that keep the chains moving.

There was a good story on NFLN this afternoon talking about how the Rams offense uses tempo irregularity.  I’ll be paying attention to this while watching tonight’s game, especially in the second half.

I don’t believe we were trying to coast.  Every time they tried that horizontal sh!t in the second half it resulted in second and long.

As flap said and most everyone knows, MIN has a quality D.  I’d just like to see more quick slants and RB dumpoffs to Cohen in forward space.  Mix up the tempo like was being done earlier.  It’s ok to up the tempo at times in order to get positive plays that keep the chains moving.

There was a good story on NFLN this afternoon talking about how the Rams offense uses tempo irregularity.  I’ll be paying attention to this while watching tonight’s game, especially in the second half.
It’s great when it works.  When it doesn’t, it keeps you from getting into a rhythm. Killed the Rams against the Saints. 

Well, the Saints are just on another level right now.  Nobody is stopping them unless they have misfortunes along the way.

Well, the Saints are just on another level right now.  Nobody is stopping them unless they have misfortunes along the way.
I've seen crazier things. Can't remember how many time I've seen the top D go against the top O in the playoffs and the D won. 

Kyle Brandt is great on GMFB, but his own show is hot garbage.  That one chick in the background with her fake reactions is so stupid.  Get rid of her and all the other people in the background.

Bears point differential this season 
By quarter:
1st:    +33
2nd:   +69
3rd:    +38
4th:     -38

By half:
1st:     +102
2nd:        0

First 3 quarters: +140

flapgreen said:
I've seen crazier things. Can't remember how many time I've seen the top D go against the top O in the playoffs and the D won. 
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't see the Saints as THAT amazing.  They aren't deep at WR.  They force T. Hill into the mix even though he isn't elite at any skillset.  Brees , Kamara and Thomas are no joke for sure.  I think the D looks better than it is because teams can't hang with the Saints on offense and they get to pin their ears back and play the pass every play.  

flapgreen said:
Flap & other Bears fans here & especially Flap have been brutally hard on the team over the years I have been here.  Thing is the Bears deserved it & you guys delivered the venom & made great points on their crappyness.    I'm just saying you have a pretty solid team on both sides of the ball this year & I'm happy for you.  They are a fun team to watch and root for.

Flap & other Bears fans here & especially Flap have been brutally hard on the team over the years I have been here.  Thing is the Bears deserved it & you guys delivered the venom & made great points on their crappyness.    I'm just saying you have a pretty solid team on both sides of the ball this year & I'm happy for you.  They are a fun team to watch and root for.
It's a good time. Maybe the decades of mostly failure are over. 

flapgreen said:
What about the Seattle/Denver Super Bowl?  I don't know if they were statistically the top offense and top defense but I imagine they were close.

Users who are viewing this thread