Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Chicago Bears Thread*** I hate this team.


Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

The biggest issue I see with letting Floyd walk is there's no real way to replace him. He's a solid LB/Edge, but not worth big money like a big time pass rusher. Disappears a lot. Great run stopper normally. It's a tough one to call. 

For that much money, I can't believe he can't be replaced with someone better, or a close approximation for significantly less.  If we pay him 13M for one year, you know that's his starting price for the year after, and no way we'd pay him that much long term, so that would be a one year patch.  Rather put that 13M into a player that could be here a couple years.  So I'd consider tearing up the 13M one year and working a 3-4 year deal with him w/ more then 13M guaranteed, but less then that in per year average, or doing the same w/ another player.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Tick said:

For that much money, I can't believe he can't be replaced with someone better, or a close approximation for significantly less.  If we pay him 13M for one year, you know that's his starting price for the year after, and no way we'd pay him that much long term, so that would be a one year patch.  Rather put that 13M into a player that could be here a couple years.  So I'd consider tearing up the 13M one year and working a 3-4 year deal with him w/ more then 13M guaranteed, but less then that in per year average, or doing the same w/ another player.

Yeah, I like that 2nd idea. I really think his contributions on defense aren't seen as much as a dominant pass rusher are, but I think he's an important piece at the right price.  On the flip side, Roquan has been animal lately. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2019 at 3:47 PM, The Tick said:

Agree on Trevathan, I don't think we will be in great cap shape next year, so I don't think he can be resigned.

Long, definitely gone, Prince I'm not so sure.  His 9M salary doesn't seem too bad for his position, most people below that seem to be backups or on rookie deals.  I don't think we have anyone on the team to backfill him (McMannis is the next one up usually, and I think we'd be in trouble if we were counting on him for a starter), and i'm not sure we can count on getting a day on starter in the draft.

Man, I hope we don't keep Floyd, his 13M 5th year would make him the 6th highest paid (as of now) 3-4 OLB in the league.  That seems way to much for a player who just seems to be in the right place, and does an OK job.  I'd be happy if they could cut and then resign him to a deal for a couple years that takes into account his actual play and not his draft status.  They offered him the 5th year when it looked like he was breaking out last year and it just never happened.

Agree on the OL, hear radio hosts talking about replacing them, but I don't see how.  You only save 2M by cutting Leno, and you can barely sign a backup LT for that little money.  Unless he gets replaced by the project tackle they have on the roster, or a draft pick, he's the starting LT next year.  Cutting Massie wouldn't even save any money, so no way they do that.  Only upgrades we get there are James and Cody back to the positions they "should" be playing, and something at RG.

As you say Mitch ain't going nowhere, best there will be a cast off QB in to "compete" and no way that guy wins the competition in the off season, team would have to suck bad enough to bench Mitch to let that guy on the field.

The problem, if you are right, is that the team can’t improve. If they do nothing on the offensive line. And if they keep Trubisky at QB, without signing any other legitimate option at QB, they will be in the same position next year that they are now. The tackles are just not very good. They need a TE. They have issues. But if they don’t address the o line, and sign like a Dalton or Cam, at QB, whatever else they do won’t matter. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hicks is supposed to be back next week.  You might see a marked improvement in the D overall if he is in game shape and plays like he was pre-injury. Big IF but if he does play like a stud the other players on the D should benefit.  

Offensive Line is a mess. It is time to say so long to Long and a bunch of others. I thought the O Line played decent last year but this year they have been pathetic!  Agree with the Leno sentiment but Massey hasn't been that good either and they both are probably among the most penalized lineman in the NFL (don't know just guessing).  They signed their linemen to huge contracts so hopefully they will be easy to get rid of if they find better replacements. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yoman said:

Hicks is supposed to be back next week.  You might see a marked improvement in the D overall if he is in game shape and plays like he was pre-injury. Big IF but if he does play like a stud the other players on the D should benefit.  

Offensive Line is a mess. It is time to say so long to Long and a bunch of others. I thought the O Line played decent last year but this year they have been pathetic!  Agree with the Leno sentiment but Massey hasn't been that good either and they both are probably among the most penalized lineman in the NFL (don't know just guessing).  They signed their linemen to huge contracts so hopefully they will be easy to get rid of if they find better replacements. 

I'll take Hicks over Mack any day. 

Pass blocking has been pretty solid for a few weeks now. Run blocking still blows but is a little better since Whitehair went back to center. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RBM said:

Did you ditch direct tv?  I haven’t been in that thread since August. 

No, I actually got it disconnected for about a week and cut back on today.  Went with the lower package but got the TV and fastest internet together for $95.  Late in season so I figured I wouldn't bargain for the Ticket this year. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

#### that was a nice half of football. At times this year Mitch looked like a damn corpse but last week and tonight he's inspired. I don't get it but I'll take it. 

Just hope this D holds. I have almost no confidence in them though. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice win for how banged up we are.  Looked good early but fizzled towards the end.  Should not have been that close. Props to Trub for running more and he threw some absolute dimes for a change.

Pierre-Louis really stepped up for Roquan and made some plays.

Big dog Hicks back for the rivalry.

Edited by -X-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, -X- said:

You do realize both the Rams and Vikings need to lose 2 of 4 plus we need to win out, right?  There are a couple other less likely scenarios that aren’t even worth mentioning.

Winning out won't be a problem. That's a given. The Packers are soft, Kansas City is a home game and they've already won against the Vikings once.

The Vikings will lose to the bears, so that's one loss for them. One more isn't out of the question. And the Rams play Seattle and the 49ers still. That's two losses right there. 

The bears have everything coming together for them. They're winning the Super Bowl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IheartGuinness said:

Winning out won't be a problem. That's a given. The Packers are soft, Kansas City is a home game and they've already won against the Vikings once.

The Vikings will lose to the bears, so that's one loss for them. One more isn't out of the question. And the Rams play Seattle and the 49ers still. That's two losses right there. 

The bears have everything coming together for them. They're winning the Super Bowl.

:lol:

could happen. 

Edited by -OZ-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, IheartGuinness said:

Winning out won't be a problem. That's a given. The Packers are soft, Kansas City is a home game and they've already won against the Vikings once.

The Vikings will lose to the bears, so that's one loss for them. One more isn't out of the question. And the Rams play Seattle and the 49ers still. That's two losses right there. 

The bears have everything coming together for them. They're winning the Super Bowl.

This is season-long shtick. I guess you're -- groan -- gonna stick to it. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Years long...its every year.  One year it may actually happen.

Ohhh. That certainly explains it. I generally only start peeking into other team's threads if I have guys that are really intertwined with success of my fantasy teams. This year, I rostered A Rob nearly wherever I could, so I'm sort of new, other than having had read flapgreen's titles the past bunch of years. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fred_1_15301 said:

What a difference a few weeks makes!  You guys are rounding into form at the right time.  

To a Chicago Bears fan, first, the world ends. Then the Bears lose a tough game on a call. Frozen in infinity, now, us wretched and human on earth. Then, Trubisky completes a pass. Tadpoles crawl up marshy pools onto land.

Hope is anew. 

eta* I kid, by the way. Bears fans are cool peeps. 

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Hov34 said:

So you guys like Nagy and Mitch now?  Interesting...

 

I know you are trying to stir the pot with the diehard and meathead fans who take every game hard. 

If you read through my posts I have been very critical of Nagy's playcalling all year. He has had times where he has been brutal and hasn't seemed to adapt to the skills of the individual players.  I can give plenty of head scratching plays that he has called. I have not once called for his head and think he has a good offensive mind but tries to get too cute on plays.  7 rushes against the Saints which was one of the worst play calling I have ever seen. I think Cohen had a 9 catch for 18 yard day - I don't think the short passes to him were working

I was a meathead fan when I said they needed a new QB next year. I also premised it by saying I really thought that Mitch would grow this season and he looked like he was regressing.  I am not 100% convinced that he will be an all-star but I think he has plenty of talent and the coach was finally putting him into a position to succeed by moving him out of the pocket and have him running more.  He looked brutal the first 2 games, played decent against Washington than got injured in the 3rd game against the Vikings. His shoulder injury might have been part of the reason they weren't running him.  I always said they should evaluate him for the rest of the season.  I have now seen enough improvement that i want him to stay next year but I would also like to bring in a veteran just to challenge him and probably someone he might be able to learn from.  Tennessee did that this year and ended up having to go with the backup. I am hoping for a more positive outcome.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a meathead fan, everything’s obviously better when the wins stack up, but most importantly was the way the offense operated last night.

I’ve been critical of Trub’s “good” performances the last few weeks (as well as the poor ones), that he’s been continually getting the ball out late, with no zip on his throws and looking hesitant in general.

Last night was the first game this year he was decisive, most throws were on point and he ran when needed.  Still need to finish better on both sides with a big lead.

@rockaction

Guinness is the resident SuperFan and his schtick has been known to and tolerated by us for over a decade.  He makes us look bad in other threads with his continual boasting, but disappears when we are bad or get bounced.  So now you know and can laugh at him like we do.

Like I said last year, one of these years he’ll actually get it right but then we won’t mind one bit.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, IheartGuinness said:

Winning out won't be a problem. That's a given. The Packers are soft, Kansas City is a home game and they've already won against the Vikings once.

The Vikings will lose to the bears, so that's one loss for them. One more isn't out of the question. And the Rams play Seattle and the 49ers still. That's two losses right there. 

The bears have everything coming together for them. They're winning the Super Bowl.

Yeah, yeah, I checked the schedules of both teams before you even responded.  There are no guaranteed wins.  We need six miracles.  Then we would most likely get to play at GB in the wildcard game.

Let’s just see how it goes.  One game at a time.

Go Lions, Seahawks & ‘skins.

Edited by -X-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, -X- said:

As a meathead fan, everything’s obviously better when the wins stack up, but most importantly was the way the offense operated last night.

I’ve been critical of Trub’s “good” performances the last few weeks (as well as the poor ones), that he’s been continually getting the ball out late, with no zip on his throws and looking hesitant in general.

Last night was the first game this year he was decisive, most throws were on point and he ran when needed.  Still need to finish better on both sides with a big lead.

@rockaction

Guinness is the resident SuperFan and his schtick has been known to and tolerated by us for over a decade.  He makes us look bad in other threads with his continual boasting, but disappears when we are bad or get bounced.  So now you know and can laugh at him like we do.

Like I said last year, one of these years he’ll actually get it right but then we won’t mind one bit.

 

If the residents have no problem with it, nor do I. I just thought he was kidding earlier in the year. It's an I'm The Scientist/Seattle thing, huh?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, -X- said:

Who the #### is that?  I don’t care about Seattle except that they beat the Rams this week.

Sort of legendary board troll who preached nothing by Seattle dominance even when the facts didn't back it. I think he or she got banned, IIRC.

Figured you might know of him since you've been around a while. No biggie. He really got under people's skin in terms of demeanor, tone, assertions, etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Sort of legendary board troll who preached nothing by Seattle dominance even when the facts didn't back it. I think he or she got banned, IIRC.

Figured you might know of him since you've been around a while. No biggie. He really got under people's skin in terms of demeanor, tone, assertions, etc.

I was semi-kidding, I’ve seen him around.

My point was I don’t lurk in other homer threads much to know of anyone else who blindly predicts SB victories year after year after year. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, -X- said:

I was semi-kidding, I’ve seen him around.

My point was I don’t lurk in other homer threads much to know of anyone else who blindly predicts SB victories year after year after year. 

I thought you were trolling this thread which has a few people who overreact just a tad. I myself predicted 40 TDs and 6000 yards passing for Mitch this season. Everyone who said I was crazy will be eating crow after he averages 8 TDs and over 500 yards over the next three games on their way to winning the Super Bowl.

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BTW, Toliver did an adequate job of filling in for Amukamara.  He was late in reacting on the Cooper TD, but he didn’t do any boneheaded things that Amukamara seems to do weekly.  I do like Amukamara as a person; always classy in his interviews, but his on-field gaffes are painful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, yoman said:

I thought you were trolling this thread which has a few people who overreact just a tad. I myself predicted 40 TDs and 6000 yards passing for Mitch this season. Everyone who said I was crazy will be eating crow after he averages 8 TDs and over 500 yards over the next three games on their way to winning the Super Bowl.

I mostly stopped posting during games as I tended to overreact as well.  Much easier to stay focused on the games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • flapgreen changed the title to ***Chicago Bears Thread*** I hate this team.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...