Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Chicago Bears Thread*** I hate this team.

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

If the residents have no problem with it, nor do I. I just thought he was kidding earlier in the year. It's an I'm The Scientist/Seattle thing, huh?

He’s not as obnoxious. He’s part of the family in here. The outcast sure, but he’s in. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, -X- said:

Well, when you only throw sideline passes at Cohen, that’s what you get.  Hardly any wheel routes this year.  He mishandled a couple of punts near the end of the game, too.

Yeah that's definitely part of it. I remember a jet sweep in particular perhaps two weeks ago where he may have broke the record for how fast he could get to the sideline going exactly parallel to the line of scrimmage the whole time. And there was all kinds of space to cut upfield. It's just not in his DNA to do it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rockaction said:

Sort of legendary board troll who preached nothing by Seattle dominance even when the facts didn't back it. I think he or she got banned, IIRC.

Figured you might know of him since you've been around a while. No biggie. He really got under people's skin in terms of demeanor, tone, assertions, etc.

Do you remember the Lions fan that always had DETROIT LIONS SUPER BOWL CHAMPS [Enter year] in his sig? 

Edited by flapgreen

14 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Do you remember the Lions fan that always had DETROIT LIONS SUPER BOWL CHAMPS [Enter year] in his sig? 

You know what? Not to disappoint, but I just vaguely have a sense that he did that. 

I miss sigs for so many reasons, not the least of which is that I more remember when everybody/newbie in the SP had their roster and format as their sig, me included. Hwarf. "Hey, everybody! Check my free team at Yahoo!"

• Laughing 1

45 minutes ago, rockaction said:

You know what? Not to disappoint, but I just vaguely have a sense that he did that. 

I miss sigs for so many reasons, not the least of which is that I more remember when everybody/newbie in the SP had their roster and format as their sig, me included. Hwarf. "Hey, everybody! Check my free team at Yahoo!"

Eliminating sigs and the small print under thread titles may be the biggest mistakes this site has made.  Very funny stuff 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Eliminating sigs and the small print under thread titles may be the biggest mistakes this site has made.  Very funny stuff 

I'd forgotten the subtitles until you mentioned them just now. I just made any title I created longer and incomprehensible after that option disappeared.    

• Like 1

15 hours ago, -X- said:

BTW, Toliver did an adequate job of filling in for Amukamara.  He was late in reacting on the Cooper TD, but he didn’t do any boneheaded things that Amukamara seems to do weekly.  I do like Amukamara as a person; always classy in his interviews, but his on-field gaffes are painful.

Not bone head, but his 1 on 1 tackles were pretty bad. Maybe a game or two will knock the rust off on those though.

Here's the silver lining of this season- i dont think it was intentional but for better or worse Nagy has given us a pretty full diagnostic of Trubisky. Yes, under the right circumstances and using his legs a lot, he can perform very well. 

On the other hand, we also know EXACTLY what he will look like if he ever sprains an ankle, or a defense schemes effectively to keep him in the pocket. 

11 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Agree mostly but the play calling has changed, much more one read passes, which is Mitchs confort zone. 

Its a weird situation because Mitch likes a fast paced offense but Mitch needs Nagy to look over the defense for him presnap. Seems theyve ababdoned the latter and embraced the former. 

Wow.  Ridley had a golden opportunity.  Horsted with the bad toss on the band play.  Miller should’ve tried to pick up the ball.

At least we fought back, but that late INT to the GB lineman was a killer.

Edited by -X-

4 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Ends fittingly. Joke of a franchise.  Showed again today why they have been bad for most of the last 30 years and why they will continue to be. This team is worthless. 

Totally blaming Nagy for this. The way this offense started the game was ridiculous. Like he completely erased the momentum Mitch had going and totally tightened up.

• Love 1

Played flat and tentative for 3 quarters.  

Some decent drives but FGs instead of TDs doesn’t cut it and some really inaccurate throws putting receivers in bad position after catches.  In other words, ball placement needs to improve.  More laser throws in tight windows, but...

Still mathematically alive, but now the Rams & Vikings need to lose out and...  ‘Nuff said.

Edited by -X-

• flapgreen changed the title to ***Chicago Bears Thread*** I hate this team.