What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (8 Viewers)

Everyting is fine because Miller is finally getting his. Lets not upset that apple cart for next year. It's more important for the LOD to win fantasy game s than the bears win NFl games.

Cowboys doing their part but the Vikings are destroying the Chargers, so we gone.

How ironic Piñeiro’s FG miss vs. SD was.

Time to hibernate.

Leonard Floyd had 2 sacks in the first game against Green Bay. None in the 13 games since.  No way I pay this guy good money next year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: RBM
Eddie, Mack, and Patterson made the pro bowl.  No idea how Eddie made it.  Doesn't belong there. I guess Mack deserved it, but he didn't come close to earning his contract. Arob got robbed. Guy was amazing this year. Somehow, Cohen made it as an alternate. He was awful. 

Gross effort tonight. No surprise. Bunch of gutless wimps. That’s a direct reflection of the coach. I’ve had it with this Nagy. 

I intensely dislike this team. I like ARob and maybe Hicks. Most of the rest of the team is a disappointment. It is hard to root for a team you so intensely dislike. The offense really has no identity. Probably won’t till they replace Trubisky. The line isn’t very good. The defense looks very good at times, but when the game is on the line, they wilt. 

I saw Nagy try a lot of different things tonight. Mitch just can't do any of them. He's terrible. Change coming at qb. On the bright side, they now know Mitch isn't the guy. 

That may have been the worst game of Trubisky's career last night. Couldn't run the most basic of plays. Wrong read numerous times. Horribly inaccurate. This guy is as good as gone.  Top 10 all-time bust.  

“The Bears offense always looks like some dude playing Madden two difficulty levels higher than his ability.”

-Super 70s Sports

Collinsworth trying to make Trub seem even close to Mahomes’ skill level was humorous.

Nagy has this tendency to continue experimenting by force feeding plays that just don’t work.  Case in point, in the game vs. DAL, Trub threw way more slants and short verticals with good success (TDs).

Initial wish list:

Two road grader right side O-linemen

One speedy shutdown corner

One pass rusher that can benefit from Mack getting double-teamed.

A defensive HC that stops playing that soft shell garbage, plays man almost exclusively so the pass rush can get home more often.  Especially on third down.

It almost feels like we threw the season away on purpose, starting in London.

Next season is obviously pivotal for Trub, Nagy & Pace.  It will tell us whether or not last year was a fluke or this year was a fluke.  Heavily leaning towards the former.

Again, lose the “Be you” garbage.  “Elevate your game in pressure moments” should be the message until further notice.

Go Vikings & Chiefs.

A good qb, a couple offensive lineman, and a TE would completely change this team. Trubisky is finished 

flapgreen said:
I saw Nagy try a lot of different things tonight. Mitch just can't do any of them. He's terrible. Change coming at qb. On the bright side, they now know Mitch isn't the guy. 
No point in trying to defend Mitch, but I have just as many questions of Nagy after last night.

No doubt, as usual he schemed receivers open that Mitch missed.  Nagy gets credit for that.  But I found the Bears' approach on 3rd downs to be confounding.  It was no secret the Chiefs were going to blitz, because they did so virtually every third down.  The Bears' response was to either 1) throw a wide receiver screen on 3rd and long plays, which has a low percentage chance of success or 2) say "F*** it" and let the blitz come without any sort of max protect scheme.

If I recall correctly, the best protection scheme the Bears offered was having a back (Tarik Cohen) on Trubisky's hip at the snap.  No extra linemen, no tight end to block.  In the face of abject schematic failure, the Bears just lined up and tried it again.  And again.  And again.

Until Nagy shows the ability to see what is taking place on the field and respond to it, he's lost me.

Unless your team is 16-0, there is no reason why the team you follow should not be running basic NFL schemes, like a max protect scheme when the line is struggling.

No point in trying to defend Mitch, but I have just as many questions of Nagy after last night.

No doubt, as usual he schemed receivers open that Mitch missed.  Nagy gets credit for that.  But I found the Bears' approach on 3rd downs to be confounding.  It was no secret the Chiefs were going to blitz, because they did so virtually every third down.  The Bears' response was to either 1) throw a wide receiver screen on 3rd and long plays, which has a low percentage chance of success or 2) say "F*** it" and let the blitz come without any sort of max protect scheme.

If I recall correctly, the best protection scheme the Bears offered was having a back (Tarik Cohen) on Trubisky's hip at the snap.  No extra linemen, no tight end to block.  In the face of abject schematic failure, the Bears just lined up and tried it again.  And again.  And again.

Until Nagy shows the ability to see what is taking place on the field and respond to it, he's lost me.

Unless your team is 16-0, there is no reason why the team you follow should not be running basic NFL schemes, like a max protect scheme when the line is struggling.
Impossible to know much on Nagy yet. His qb is awful. His play calling is him trying anything he can to help his qb. And Trubisky still can't do the most basic of things. The play calling is reflective of the lack of confidence he has in Mitch. 

Prime example here 

Watch it a few times and focus on a different receiver each time you rewatch it.

Every single wide receiver is open on this play (Two open for a Touchdown) except for Javon Wims.

https://t.co/Xqds0GxEQ7
Not quite but he did throw to the one covered the most....so he's got that going for him...which is nice. The  safety towards Miller read where doofus was looking and broke off towards the pass when he saw that doofus was going to Mims. The DB quit running with Miller when he saw the same.

Robinson was only open after the throw. That's asking too much of this bum. A Jeff Blake punt pass to Robinson would have been a probable TD. But the NFL coaches are too dumb to remember that worked so magnificently back in the 90s. DEN used to to win a game because the DB interfered with Sutton giving the Broncos enough yardage to kick the GW FG with no time left.

TE was totally wide open but that wasn't the #1 read. This bum is not capable of going through his progressions.

A pump fake Jeff Blake punt pass would have worked but he's not capable of that.

I turned off the game last night when Mahomes had a 3rd and 9, was flushed from the pocket and threw the ball out of bounds.  Bears DLman puts two fingers on him and Mahomes acts like someone whipped out the jammy and flat blasted him right there on the field.  15 yard penalty for an unbelievably bad acting performance.

flapgreen said:
That may have been the worst game of Trubisky's career last night. Couldn't run the most basic of plays. Wrong read numerous times. Horribly inaccurate. This guy is as good as gone.  Top 10 all-time bust.  
And Pace should be canned for it.

And Pace should be canned for it.
A lot of teams miss on qb. If he had been mediocre or bad everywhere else, I'd say you're right, but he's built a very solid roster. Bring in a qb next year and put him with Nagy. This franchise has been rebuilding for years. Eventually, you have to stay the course and quit firing everyone. 

A lot of teams miss on qb. If he had been mediocre or bad everywhere else, I'd say you're right, but he's built a very solid roster. Bring in a qb next year and put him with Nagy. This franchise has been rebuilding for years. Eventually, you have to stay the course and quit firing everyone. 
This is a valid point. I think they’re going to stick this this Pace/Nagy combo for awhile. Biggest reason that bothers me is that I’m just not a believer in the way Nagy views a winning offense. Throwing the ball that much and having no interest in ever running physically is just not a formula I think you can win with. Look at his boy Reid. Tons of reg season success but can’t win in January. 

Has he? Offensive line is a mess, TE's are a joke, QB was a huge swing and a miss, cap looks to be in rough shape. When he made the trade up and picked Trubisky almost everyone was saying he was hitching his job on that pick.  We have a couple years left on the prime of that D and Pace blew putting a solid winning team around it.

Has he? Offensive line is a mess, TE's are a joke, QB was a huge swing and a miss, cap looks to be in rough shape. When he made the trade up and picked Trubisky almost everyone was saying he was hitching his job on that pick.  We have a couple years left on the prime of that D and Pace blew putting a solid winning team around it.
On top of that I'm really not looking forward to Pace getting another shot of a first round pick. He's made 4 top 10 picks and MAY have one difference maker in that group, and I'm not sure if Roquan is a sure thing yet. He's had so many chances to make this team better and botched most of them in my opinion.

Personally, I think Nagy should give up playcalling duties. He's been wildly inconsistent. His inexperience as a playcaller has shown itself time and time again. As far as Mitch goes, I'd expect a R2 pick used.

Personally, I think Nagy should give up playcalling duties. He's been wildly inconsistent. His inexperience as a playcaller has shown itself time and time again. As far as Mitch goes, I'd expect a R2 pick used.
He probably should, but I doubt that happens.   Don't really see any qb falling to the 2nd round worth taking. I'll bet they bring in a veteran and spend those 2nd round picks to fill holes.  Grab a TE and either an Edge guy or guard in the top 50.

He probably should, but I doubt that happens.   Don't really see any qb falling to the 2nd round worth taking. I'll bet they bring in a veteran and spend those 2nd round picks to fill holes.  Grab a TE and either an Edge guy or guard in the top 50.
I think they should give Horsted the opportunity. He looks the part as far as I'm concerned.

I can't remember ever seeing qb regress this badly. I know his opponents had more tape on him now, but Trubisky can't even run a basic play now.  He may be the absolute worst starting qb in the entire league. I'm not being hyperbolic either. He's atrocious. 

I can't remember ever seeing qb regress this badly. I know his opponents had more tape on him now, but Trubisky can't even run a basic play now.  He may be the absolute worst starting qb in the entire league. I'm not being hyperbolic either. He's atrocious. 
For when he was picked, he's definitely at the top of the list. He's no better than the free agent QBs that have been starting for other teams over the past 2 months.

lod001 said:
For when he was picked, he's definitely at the top of the list. He's no better than the free agent QBs that have been starting for other teams over the past 2 months.
Seriously, can you think of a worse starting qb? Someone who isn't 3rd string and starting because of injuries? 

flapgreen said:
Drafting one early and having Horsted with him would be fine with me. 
most drafts would have TE as developmental. Bears need someone that can step in immediately to contribute. i don't see Burton going anywhere because of his contract. he deserves a mulligan because of the injuries and the ineptitude of Mitch this year. for the most part, i think the offense has succeeded despite Mitch and it is hard to evaluate players effectively when that happens. Burton may be good again in this offense - even if overpaid - but Mitch isn't helping him shine.  

Users who are viewing this thread