What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (13 Viewers)

Wow it is really quiet in here for the day after the most momentous QB pickup of my lifetime by this team. I can't be the only one excited about this? I guess there is just a ton to process because the draft is here but wow! I'm not saying he is going to be anything special but I don't ever recall feeling this good about a QB acquisition.

So what's next? Today's picks are:

round 2 pick 52
round 3 pick 83
and then nothing until round 6

Seems like OL would be the most pressing need but not sure if that will be a good choice at 52 or not. I wouldn't be opposed to their top WR on the board at 52. OL at 52 and WR at 83 might be ok. I wouldn't be surprised if more moves were made though.

One of the analysts on nfl network had a good point a few hours ago: scouting for this draft was spotty due to covid. Many teams have shallow draft boards because of that and are trying to get talent early. I'm more than ok with that philosophy right now. Chicago is killing this draft.

I loved this pick!!!  I am so glad they are addressing the line early this year. Last year I was really upset when they only signed Ifedi and spent 2 seventh round picks on lineman. I wonder when they are going to let us know what they gave up in this trade. 

Couldn't be more pleased with this draft so far. Pace has hit home runs on both these picks without giving up a ton of future capital. If we can hit on a wr/kr and a backup corner with 151 and the 6th round picks, this will be the best Bear's draft in a long, long time. 

Couldn't be more pleased with this draft so far. Pace has hit home runs on both these picks without giving up a ton of future capital. If we can hit on a wr/kr and a backup corner with 151 and the 6th round picks, this will be the best Bear's draft in a long, long time. 
Never mind you are correct, we got the 151 in that trade, the site i saw was out of date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I like him. Good runner, hard to bring down, generally seen as a rd4-5 guy. Poor pass protector, rarely used as a receiver.

Mel Kiper likes him. Says he’s been productive at NC. I guess Pace is going value and didn’t see much at CB at this juncture.

Thomas Graham Jr. CB with the last pick in the 6th - I don't think he is expected to be a difference maker. It's too bad they spent money on Dalton because I would rather go into this season with Fields and Foles if it meant keeping Kyle Fuller. Obviously they didn't know they would be in a position to get a QB. 

Rumor is Pace was talking to Denver about the 9 spot but turned down a trade that was the 20th, a second, third,  and next years first. That was the kind of Pace overpayment that was scary. Turning it down and still landing Fields makes me feel better about Pace. Seems like he's learned his lessons- although maybe McCaskey/Phillips nixed it.

Rumor is Pace was talking to Denver about the 9 spot but turned down a trade that was the 20th, a second, third,  and next years first. That was the kind of Pace overpayment that was scary. Turning it down and still landing Fields makes me feel better about Pace. Seems like he's learned his lessons- although maybe McCaskey/Phillips nixed it.
I think that was more than a rumor. There's a video floating around that confirms it (kinda). The Denver gm said something about that deal and that 'Ryan' was thinking it over. The Ryan is assumed to be Pace.

I'm not getting excited about the future of the Bears anymore. I will just assume they'll continue to suck, until they prove otherwise. 

I see 6 to 7 wins behind dalton for a whole season

but

The last 4 of vikes, Seattle, NYG and vikes looks like Fields time
Chicago is a team that I can see a huge swing with.  If Rodgers gets traded, they could legit win 10.games. if Rodgers doesn't get traded,  well, we'll just say the NYG might be happy. I could see anything between 5 and 8 wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deranged Hermit said:
Chicago is a team that I can see a huge swing with.  If Rodgers gets traded, they could legit win 10.games. if Rodgers doesn't get traded,  well, we'll just say the NYG might be happy. I could see anything between 5 and 8 wins.
Tough schedule but they could surprise us. Some of these teams are tough to gauge - especially in their own division.  Agree with Rodgers being an X factor but I think the Packers are talented enough to split those games especially with the mighty Blake Bortles leading the way  :lol: . I don't think any of us know what to expect from Love. 

Sunday, Sept. 12 at Los Angeles Rams, 7:20 p.m. 
Sunday, Sept. 19 VS. CINCINNATI BENGALS, Noon 
Sunday, Sept. 26 at Cleveland Browns, Noon 
Sunday, Oct. 3 VS. DETROIT LIONS, Noon 
Sunday, Oct. 10 at Las Vegas Raiders, 3:05 p.m.* 
Sunday, Oct. 17 VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS, Noon*
Sunday, Oct. 24 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 3:25 p.m.* 
Sunday, Oct. 31 VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS, Noon*
Monday, Nov. 8 at Pittsburgh Steelers, 7:15 p.m.
BYE WEEK
Sunday, Nov. 21 VS. BALTIMORE RAVENS, Noon*
Thursday, Nov. 25 at Detroit Lions (Thanksgiving), 11:30 a.m. 
Sunday, Dec. 5 VS. ARIZONA CARDINALS, Noon* 
Sunday, Dec. 12 at Green Bay Packers, 7:20 p.m.* 
Monday, Dec. 20 VS. MINNESOTA VIKINGS, 7:15 p.m. 
Sunday, Dec. 26 at Seattle Seahawks, 3:05 p.m.*
Sunday, Jan. 2 VS. NEW YORK GIANTS, Noon* 
Sunday, Jan. 9 at Minnesota Vikings, Noon* 

Tough schedule but they could surprise us. Some of these teams are tough to gauge - especially in their own division.  Agree with Rodgers being an X factor but I think the Packers are talented enough to split those games especially with the mighty Blake Bortles leading the way  :lol: . I don't think any of us know what to expect from Love. 

Sunday, Sept. 12 at Los Angeles Rams, 7:20 p.m. 
Sunday, Sept. 19 VS. CINCINNATI BENGALS, Noon 
Sunday, Sept. 26 at Cleveland Browns, Noon 
Sunday, Oct. 3 VS. DETROIT LIONS, Noon 
Sunday, Oct. 10 at Las Vegas Raiders, 3:05 p.m.* 

Sunday, Oct. 17 VS. GREEN BAY PACKERS, Noon*
Sunday, Oct. 24 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 3:25 p.m.* 
Sunday, Oct. 31 VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS, Noon*
Monday, Nov. 8 at Pittsburgh Steelers, 7:15 p.m.
BYE WEEK
Sunday, Nov. 21 VS. BALTIMORE RAVENS, Noon*
Thursday, Nov. 25 at Detroit Lions (Thanksgiving), 11:30 a.m. 
Sunday, Dec. 5 VS. ARIZONA CARDINALS, Noon* 
Sunday, Dec. 12 at Green Bay Packers, 7:20 p.m.* 
Monday, Dec. 20 VS. MINNESOTA VIKINGS, 7:15 p.m
Sunday, Dec. 26 at Seattle Seahawks, 3:05 p.m.*
Sunday, Jan. 2 VS. NEW YORK GIANTS, Noon* 
Sunday, Jan. 9 at Minnesota Vikings, Noon* 
I get 6 with the red rifle.  Maybe they can sweep Detroit or Vikings and get one more.  
I probably get to seven with dalton/fields split.

maybe Fields starts vs cards with the extra prep time and a 4-7 record

Dalton is going to get booed off the field the first time he throws an interception or stalls a drive. The drumbeat to get Fields on the field™️ is going to be intense. I just don't see it taking long before he is out there. 

Users who are viewing this thread