What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (11 Viewers)

Of course because it will be the same idiot making the final decision until Pace gets the axe also.  Keep hearing that they want to give Pace the Ted Philips treatment and adopt him and move him into upper management, he'd be the new football executive.  I have no clue how you can watch his teams not compete for most of the 7 years he's been here and even consider doing that.
At least Pace has a football background - Phillips knew pretty nothing about football when he started working for the Bears. I am sure the organization loves Phillips because they have made a ton of money since he became their president. 

Makes it winnable, but kinda disappointed we don't get to see Jackson today, guy is just fun to watch play football.

Bears really better win this without him playing or it's gonna be kinda pathetic...

The Tick said:
Makes it winnable, but kinda disappointed we don't get to see Jackson today, guy is just fun to watch play football.

Bears really better win this without him playing or it's gonna be kinda pathetic...
Go Bears! 

Pagano retired/fired. Pace and Nagy back. So predictable. I needed more time to myself next fall anyway. This team won't get a minute of my time. 
This has actually been a good thing for me. I've watched a total of 15 minutes of Bears football this year, because I knew exactly how it would go. Awesome 

Man, Nagy is pathetic, his team is worthless and it seems like the most worked up he's gotten is with the tech guy when his headset went out. Guess he finally found someone he could yell at without risk getting fined or losing player respect. Big man there...

Reports that Matt Nagy has been told he will be fired after the Thanksgiving game.  Nothing confirmed yet.

That's half way there, now Bears management needs to get rid of Ryan Pace and just start over again.  He didn't work, most of his top picks didn't work, his FA signings were questionable, and his teams didn't win.

I have no clue if the next guy will be any better because it's the same guys that hired the last two, but they've got to get lucky some time, and maybe they learn a thing or two with their mistakes....

Now they are saying that George met with the team and said they are not firing Nagy. This organization is a well oiled machine. I finally stopped watching the games a few weeks ago. It’s so frustrating being a Bears fan. 

Now they are saying that George met with the team and said they are not firing Nagy. This organization is a well oiled machine. I finally stopped watching the games a few weeks ago. It’s so frustrating being a Bears fan. 
Not giving your time up for this team is very liberating. They're worthless 

I was trying to explain to my wife that they beat a team that is now 0-10-1 and had to do it on a last minute FG. 

I think Nagy said something like this win means more to us than you know.

Um. I guess so. Anyway put me squarely in Camp "let Fields develop out there once his ribs are ok enough". 

I was trying to explain to my wife that they beat a team that is now 0-10-1 and had to do it on a last minute FG. 

I think Nagy said something like this win means more to us than you know.

Um. I guess so. Anyway put me squarely in Camp "let Fields develop out there once his ribs are ok enough". 
I still can't believe this same scenario happened with the Ravens and the game should have been over when the kicked it :) . Of course they were not 0-10-1 at that point of the season. 

I bet you Nagy thinks Dalton is the future of the franchise.

:sadbanana:

Damn. 

"Unspeakably sad: Jeff Dickerson, a fixture at ESPN and in the Chicago sports market for two decades, died Tuesday of complications from colon cancer. He was 44. Thoughts with his 11-year-old son Parker, who now has lost both his parents to cancer."

Bears fired Matt Nagy this morning.  One year too late. Now, they need to do the same with Pace's sorry ###
According to Schefter, done.  Exactly right with the one year too late.  Last year was a clean slate, no starting QB on the roster, all draft picks in place, they late Pace go one year too long.  Some GMs would probably have a top 10 pick this year rather than Fields.

They've gotten some good people in for interviews in the last couple hiring's, so maybe they can get lucky and hire the correct on this time.

Sean Payton? Jim Harbaugh? Josh McDaniels? Nathaniel Hackett? Brian Flores? Dave Toub? Brian Daboll?

Bring back Fangio for DC?

Probably more importantly, who are the best GM candidates?

Sweaty Teddy involved in the hiring process again, and now freaking Bill Polian! Same #### different day for these turds 

Tom Pelissero

@TomPelissero

The #Bears requested an interview with #Bills DC Leslie Frazier for their head coaching job, per source.

Has to be to get the Rooney rule out of the way. They cant seriously think he's the guy....can they? 

Sweaty Teddy involved in the hiring process again, and now freaking Bill Polian! Same #### different day for these turds 
Would you feel much better if George said he was doing it all by himself?  That's never going to happen, so Ted will always be involved in hiring the Top Football guy, whatever that position is.

Would you feel much better if George said he was doing it all by himself?  That's never going to happen, so Ted will always be involved in hiring the Top Football guy, whatever that position is.
Their track record is amazing so I trust them to do the right thing. They will probably ask Pace and Nagy for their advice on who the next coach should be.

There are orders of magnitude fewer posts about the Bears firings than the Vikings and Dolphins firings. Because expected or because nobody cares anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread