What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (13 Viewers)

I wouldn't call it insane.  I would call it realistic.  Vic wanted out.  Bears won't let him out.  Maybe open your eyes wider and take your head out of the sand.   Keeping a guy here who doesn't want to be here. 

You sound clueless on Hurtt.  Floyd made the all rookie team. Outstanding year and achieved far more than anyone expected. Bashing Hurtt for Floyd tackling wrong.  Smh.  You a coach or something? Hurtt was the reason Floyd flourished and you're harping on poor tackling form. Now you're saying he's not a Fox guy and probably not a big loss?   Are you even watching the same team?  You can't be that out of touch with what happened last year.  At least I don't think anyone could be... Get with me next year after the entire coaching staff is gone and give me another excuse or tell me to move on from what just happened.  That's what I expect to happen.  Save the post.  I'll answer for it if I'm wrong. 
Maybe I am clueless...  completely possible, but I still think you are over exaggerating the impact of the loss of the OLB position coach.  I think they will be able to bring in a new one, and can keep Floyd on track without the earth falling that you seem to be making of this.  I'd seriously consider it one of the "minor" issues this team has.

Where do you get this "Vic wanted out and the bears didn't let him"?  I really don't think the bears are holding him against his will if he really wants to be out of there...  that would be a mess for the team, and I know you think they are clueless but I doubt even they'd do that.  Teams request interviews with coaches all the time and are rejected by their current team.  Some teams even do it when it's from a position coach to coordinator, that's considered a bigger deal because you are blocking a promotion.  It's no big deal at all to tell a team they can't interview your coach under contract.

I am in no way supporting Fox here, I think he's a horrible game day coach, miserable with the media/fans, and has been overrated most of his career.

So now it comes out that the Bears blocked Fangio from going to San Francisco.  Now we know what the rift was between Fangio and Fox.  OLB coach jetted.  Fangio tried to leave.  That John Fox sure us respected by his staff.  Smh
I guess here is where my more optimistic personality disagrees with your pessimistic personality once again.  I read this report and thought of it as a good sign.  Originally I was hearing that Fox wanted Fangio gone, not the other way around.  I see this as the Bears making sure they keep him on their staff.  Plus, why the hell would Fangio want to go back to the Niners?

Maybe I am clueless...  completely possible, but I still think you are over exaggerating the impact of the loss of the OLB position coach.  I think they will be able to bring in a new one, and can keep Floyd on track without the earth falling that you seem to be making of this.  I'd seriously consider it one of the "minor" issues this team has.

Where do you get this "Vic wanted out and the bears didn't let him"?  I really don't think the bears are holding him against his will if he really wants to be out of there...  that would be a mess for the team, and I know you think they are clueless but I doubt even they'd do that.  Teams request interviews with coaches all the time and are rejected by their current team.  Some teams even do it when it's from a position coach to coordinator, that's considered a bigger deal because you are blocking a promotion.  It's no big deal at all to tell a team they can't interview your coach under contract.

I am in no way supporting Fox here, I think he's a horrible game day coach, miserable with the media/fans, and has been overrated most of his career.
All possibilities 

I guess here is where my more optimistic personality disagrees with your pessimistic personality once again.  I read this report and thought of it as a good sign.  Originally I was hearing that Fox wanted Fangio gone, not the other way around.  I see this as the Bears making sure they keep him on their staff.  Plus, why the hell would Fangio want to go back to the Niners?
Going by a few things I'm hearing. 

3nOut said:
Maybe the Bears consider Fangio a future head coach candidate when Fox is eventually let go?
This is a distinct possibility. I don't see it as a strong one but if the Bears have another year like this last one, Pace and Fangio may be the only survivors. And if we have a good year, Fangio will become a HC candidate around the league. It would be my hope that if that happened, they pull the same #### as the TB Bucs and fire Fox to maintain control of Fangio.

William Munny said:
Just heard it this morning and thought it was a depressing reminder of how bad this franchise we root for has been. 
I don't think we need more reminders.  There are enough of them already. lol

I get very bitter this time every year. Seeing these teams and their fan base enjoying the spoils of January wins sucks. 
It's better to move on.  It's just a sport in which I've been lucky enough to see my team play in the Super Bowl once at least.  It's not like it was with the Cubs and never seeing it in my life until last year.

I really enjoy the off season and adding new players to build a good team.  I focus on that and don'r worry about the rest.  There are way too many things going on in life to feel bitter about football.  Besides that, I have most of my focus on getting ready for fishing season.

It's better to move on.  It's just a sport in which I've been lucky enough to see my team play in the Super Bowl once at least.  It's not like it was with the Cubs and never seeing it in my life until last year.

I really enjoy the off season and adding new players to build a good team.  I focus on that and don'r worry about the rest.  There are way too many things going on in life to feel bitter about football.  Besides that, I have most of my focus on getting ready for fishing season.
Feeling bitter about football and letting affect your life isn't what we're doing g here.  I highly doubt anyone on here is mad at all throughout their day because the Bears Suck.  We come on here to blow off steam and ##### about how big of a joke the Bears are.  They're a miserable franchise with no hope in sight.  I've been into countless off seasons saying we just need a few more good players to start competing.  Hasn't happened.  Doubt it will.  Doesn't affect my life or Munny's.   That's what gets lost on here sometimes.  I couldn't go #####ing to someone in real life about the Bears.  No one cares.  I do it on here. 

Feeling bitter about football and letting affect your life isn't what we're doing g here.  I highly doubt anyone on here is mad at all throughout their day because the Bears Suck.  We come on here to blow off steam and ##### about how big of a joke the Bears are.  They're a miserable franchise with no hope in sight.  I've been into countless off seasons saying we just need a few more good players to start competing.  Hasn't happened.  Doubt it will.  Doesn't affect my life or Munny's.   That's what gets lost on here sometimes.  I couldn't go #####ing to someone in real life about the Bears.  No one cares.  I do it on here. 
If you don't have any hope towards the next season then what's the point of even talking about it or being a fan.  Move on then.  How can you be invested enough in a team to continuously talk about them if you don't care.  If you care then you must have some kind of hope, otherwise you're just wasting your time.

You obviously have a great desire to see the Bears become a better team and win a Super Bowl.  If you feel that way then you need to have some kind of hope that things will turn around.

I think what it might boil down to for flapgreen, and some of us other Bear fans, is that we aren't going anywhere regardless.  I could never claim another team as my own. Ever.  Bears fans are loyal until we die.  I try to watch every game, but most times it just doesn't end well.  By week 7 this year I wanted them to lose out since we obviously weren't going anywhere. The Cutler signing was a death sentence to us.  I was so excited to finally get a QB when we signed him. I was walking on cloud 9 for a while, as I am sure many of the others in this thread were.  It was pretty obvious after a year or two he was not the answer.  The extension was the worst move ever.  Unfortunately we were stuck with him and the pain would endure for years to follow.  Flapgreen can say he doesn't care or that he has no hope, but he still comes back every year.  I've seen his name in Bears threads for YEARS.  Heck I probably know the guy in real life, as his posts are almost to a tee what me and my friends talk about when we discuss the Beloved.  

Having hope is one thing.  Seeing the team through rose colored glasses is quite different, which is what I think you are referring to in regards to hope, Hawkeye.  We all have hope.  We grasp at the smallest bits of hope every year, every offseason, every training camp, every free agent signing, and every draft pick (except the white safeties). However, in the current state of affairs, the Bears aren't going anywhere with Fox and Loggans.  Fangio can stay.  The defense isn't as bad as people think. However, our offense is a mess.  Fox is washed up, and his motivation techniques are stale, to say the least.  We need a young guy, like ADAM GASE (ugh) who can bring us into the new age of football.  

I always thought a guy like Dan Campbell would be a good coach for us, with a guy like McCoy running the offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I try not to look at the Bears through rose colored glasses, I just prefer to find the good on the team and hope to build off it.  There are plenty of crappy choices made by the team but I really do feel like Pace is going to turn things around.  I'm not sold on Fox yet though.

If you don't have any hope towards the next season then what's the point of even talking about it or being a fan.  Move on then.  How can you be invested enough in a team to continuously talk about them if you don't care.  If you care then you must have some kind of hope, otherwise you're just wasting your time.

You obviously have a great desire to see the Bears become a better team and win a Super Bowl.  If you feel that way then you need to have some kind of hope that things will turn around.
People speak in hyperbole sometimes.  Don't take everything so literal.  Make America Great Again! 

I think what it might boil down to for flapgreen, and some of us other Bear fans, is that we aren't going anywhere regardless.  I could never claim another team as my own. Ever.  Bears fans are loyal until we die.  I try to watch every game, but most times it just doesn't end well.  By week 7 this year I wanted them to lose out since we obviously weren't going anywhere. The Cutler signing was a death sentence to us.  I was so excited to finally get a QB when we signed him. I was walking on cloud 9 for a while, as I am sure many of the others in this thread were.  It was pretty obvious after a year or two he was not the answer.  The extension was the worst move ever.  Unfortunately we were stuck with him and the pain would endure for years to follow.  Flapgreen can say he doesn't care or that he has no hope, but he still comes back every year.  I've seen his name in Bears threads for YEARS.  Heck I probably know the guy in real life, as his posts are almost to a tee what me and my friends talk about when we discuss the Beloved.  

Having hope is one thing.  Seeing the team through rose colored glasses is quite different, which is what I think you are referring to in regards to hope, Hawkeye.  We all have hope.  We grasp at the smallest bits of hope every year, every offseason, every training camp, every free agent signing, and every draft pick (except the white safeties). However, in the current state of affairs, the Bears aren't going anywhere with Fox and Loggans.  Fangio can stay.  The defense isn't as bad as people think. However, our offense is a mess.  Fox is washed up, and his motivation techniques are stale, to say the least.  We need a young guy, like ADAM GASE (ugh) who can bring us into the new age of football.  

I always thought a guy like Dan Campbell would be a good coach for us, with a guy like McCoy running the offense.
This is it.  I live in the South.  No Bears fans around me,  so I often come in here to blow off steam and talk about the Bears like I would amongst friends.  If I had to do it over,  I would've picked a different team as a child,  but I didn't.  So here I am.  Stuck with a failing organization.  I would quit watching football before I picked another team.  Can't change now.  Glutton for punishment I guess. 

Bears DC Vic Fangio on if he'd be interested in joining the new 49ers staff: "No, I'm under contract here, so that's just the way it is."

Supposedly John Fox is pulling his top secret dumb #### at the Senior Bowl and closing access to practices and stuff that are usually open to teams and media.

Has anyone told him the point of the Senior Bowl is to show these players off??

Idiot.

Supposedly John Fox is pulling his top secret dumb #### at the Senior Bowl and closing access to practices and stuff that are usually open to teams and media.

Has anyone told him the point of the Senior Bowl is to show these players off??

Idiot.
You're ####ting me.  Smh 

I haven't heard anything about closed practices.  In fact, I've seen plenty of coverage of what's going on.  The only complaints I've been seeing are from the media saying it's taking too long for them to get going.  Reporters complaining how it's been 30 minutes and they were just finishing their stretches.  Sounds to me like the media making something out of nothing.

Peterman from Pitt has been the best performing QB so far with very little competition.  Calling it a weak QB group in this Senior Bowl.  Cooper Kupp looks good.  Jaleel Johnson from Iowa has been doing well.

Chicago is one of three teams with 100-1 odds to win Super Bowl LII, joining the Jets and Rams among the NFL’s cellar dwellers.  Only the Browns and 49ers have worse odds, checking in at 300-1.

Chicago is one of three teams with 100-1 odds to win Super Bowl LII, joining the Jets and Rams among the NFL’s cellar dwellers.  Only the Browns and 49ers have worse odds, checking in at 300-1.
Does that surprise you?  We won't know for sure if this team is turning things around until after the upcoming season.

Group of #Jaguars scouts mocking the #Bears practice next to us. Took almost a full hour to get to first live drills

Update from the game:

This game is not gonna beat the 36.5-point total with the North settling for FGs like this. 16-9 South (-3) entering 4Q.

It doesn't matter who won that game.  It was all about trying different things in order to get a better feel for certain players.  They obviously have interest in Peterman from Pitt because they kept him in a lot.  I would have liked to see Beathard more.

There are two WRs I really like right now in Kupp and Jones.  Kupp could be had in the middle rounds.  Zay Jones really made a name for himself in that game.

Bears need another new assistant. Per @BradBiggs, WRs coach Curtis Johnson will not return.

Another one not coming back. 

LaConfora reporting that the Bears #1 priority this offseason is to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo.  Seems like most of his inside bears news this season has been strongly denied, but figured I'd pass this along.

No idea what I feel about this.  On one hand he looks like he could be a good QB.  On the other, most Tom Brady back-ups that leave in high profile trades or signings end up not really being anything special.  (I know, go figure, when players leave the best coach in the league they don't look so good).  And if he were really THAT good, you'd think the Pats just wouldn't let him go.

Beyond that, I'd say giving up our #3 pick is way too high, so I hope that doesn't happen, and I know i'll hate it when there are studs sitting at number 3 if we trade down to help make this trade happen as this team NEEDS those big playmakes.  Also hate the fact that we'd have to give up picks and supposedly sign him to a longish bigish contract, it makes a big risk.

If this does happen it could be Pace's make it or break it moment as GM, if he makes a big move like this and it fails, he won't be around much longer.

LaConfora might be the least reliable guy in the business.  I think anymore than a 3rd for JG would be a mistake 

According to Biggs this morning the Bears have the QB position as their top priority, not Jimmy.  He's a big part of the conversation but may not be their main priority.  Yesterday I heard the Bears were trying to put a package together to offer the Pats.  Possible this year's 2nd round pick and another next year.  No first round picks should be considered at all unless it's a contingency pick, like if Jimmy starts the whole season and leads them to the playoffs they will give up next year's first round pick.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
McCaskeys behind a workers’ compensation state senate bill to end disability benefits for pro athletes at age 35.

McCaskeys behind a workers’ compensation state senate bill to end disability benefits for pro athletes at age 35.

I just heard about that on the radio as well.  This does not help them when it comes to FA at all.  There are fewer and fewer reasons for players wanting to play in Chicago.

I'll be in a nursing home by the time this pitiful organization makes it back to a Super Bowl.  Going nowhere.  McCaskey's will make just as much money losing as they do winning.  No real reason for them to care.  It's an embarrassment with rich owners who aren't phased by losing.  Same as day one. 

Last edited by a moderator:
George is delusional and Fox is a bum,  but Pace seems to know his ####.  I expect them to spend a significant amount of money on the secondary. 

Secondary FA Targets:

Tony Jefferson

Eric Berry

Trumaine Johnson

Logan Ryan

AJ Bouye

Stephon Gilmore

LB:

Melvin Ingram

DL

Kawan Short

Chandler Jones