What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (13 Viewers)

You let Glennon eat the majority of this season. Especially with Meredith out. Maybe Mitch starts the last couple games?

That's why they gave Mike the contract. "Here's a guaranteed $15M, go take a beating."

Then surround Trubisky with weapons next year. 

Im not even sure why it's a debate? I realize it's optimism season, but this team isn't going anywhere.
Not sure why it's a debate? You serious, Clark? Don't even think it's a debate now.  It's year 3 of a "rebuild."  Still not good enough to start the better qb?  Some of you are living in another world. It's definitely a debate, regardless of which side you're on. If you're using the schedule or the team around him in deciding which qb to start, you're doing it wrong and need to rethink things. You start the better qb, regardless of situation. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They just kicked the #### out of the Titans offense. If that doesn't show you this team is going somewhere, I don't know what will.  This team is about to turn the corner. 

They just kicked the #### out of the Titans offense. If that doesn't show you this team is going somewhere, I don't know what will.  This team is about to turn the corner. 
Depends on the writers. If you read from the Bears point of view, our Defense played really well. If you read from a Titans writer it puts a lot of blame on the Titans offense and Mariotta for off target throws. (maybe they started him too soon)

I watched the game and as much as I thought the Bear's defense played well the Titan's played equally as bad.  Mariota did not play well.  He threw some terrible passes and many had nothing to do with the Bear's defense.

John Fox is still the head coach.  Either Mike Glennon or a rookie are the starting QB options.  There isn't much at WR or RB behind Howard.  If it were a different era you might be able to get by with and rely on the defense, but in today's NFL you can't win without a QB.   

John Fox is still the head coach.  Either Mike Glennon or a rookie are the starting QB options.  There isn't much at WR or RB behind Howard.  If it were a different era you might be able to get by with and rely on the defense, but in today's NFL you can't win without a QB.   
I would argue that the Bears have one of the best backfields in the NFL.  Howard, Langford, Cunningham and now Cohen is a pretty stout backfield in my opinion.

Tough sell to put Trubisky into that situation. 
Why is the situation so bad? Solid OL and great running game. Pretty good group of TEs. Solid defense. How perfect of a situation are you waiting for? It doesn't exist. 

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
"Mike Glennon, deja vu. He's comin partner!"

Herm Edwards on Mike Glennon
Video: @espn https://t.co/bKkXsPXUlA
We know. We know.

Something that most fans forget to calculate is the effect of injuries. We know Meredith is gone for the year and the hopes of getting Long, McPhee, and Amukamera would be nice. But, you just don't know. I always like to look at a teams depth and ability to handle the loss of at least 6 players for more then 1 game. I don't think the Oline can handle it, I don't think the linebacking corps can handle it. And I don't think the WR's corp can handle it. 

While injuries are unpredictable, they seem to be very common across all teams every year. Teams rarely get healthier as the season progresses. 

The key at the end there is Mitch is playing real loosey goosey with no pressure, but if is starting week one pressure will be thru the roof. At that point we will really see what we have. 
Mitch doesn't feel much pressure. Glennon felt pressure the minute he took the field in preseason. 

So start Trubisky in the 4th preseason game and run every down he's in there. You're a a damn idiot, Fox. Just collecting a paycheck. Don't worry. You'll get your wish and get fired after the season. 

So start Trubisky in the 4th preseason game and run every down he's in there. You're a a damn idiot, Fox. Just collecting a paycheck. Don't worry. You'll get your wish and get fired after the season. 
Seriously, the Bears are straight up ponderous.  WTF is the point of this game?

Do the Beats have so little confidence in the O-line that they feel pass pro is out the door?  

Let the kid throw the damn ball!!!

Hard to watch much of this game with college football on tonight.  Trying to flip between all the games.  Man I love football season.

Trubisky out midway through the second quarter?  Really thought he'd play into the second half.  Maybe the coaching staff sees him as more than a third string QB.

Conner Shaw in the game with 9:00 minuets left in Q2.

Did Trub come up lame or is the coaching staff trying to keep him alive?

This offense line is horrible.   Safe to say we have zero depth....

Thompson seems to be targeted a fair amount - could work his way into a regular role in the rotation with White, Wright, and Wheaton (assumed)?

Seriously, the Bears are straight up ponderous.  WTF is the point of this game?

Do the Beats have so little confidence in the O-line that they feel pass pro is out the door?  

Let the kid throw the damn ball!!!
Trubisky gets hit and breaks his shoulder and all the same voices would be #####ing about throwing him out there with a bunch of soon to be used car salesmen protecting him in an utterly meaningless game.

It's the 4th preseason game.  It's pretty obvious they value Trubisky closer to a starter where they don't want to risk having him out there too long.  Good idea.  With the final cut happening this weekend this game is more about getting more players on film for them to have a chance with other teams.

Trubisky gets hit and breaks his shoulder and all the same voices would be #####ing about throwing him out there with a bunch of soon to be used car salesmen protecting him in an utterly meaningless game.
Seriously? You missed the point. You keep the kid out of the game, then.  Putting him out there to hand the ball off a few consecutive series is pointless.   Was no reason to put him out in the field for that. Ridiculous 

It's the 4th preseason game.  It's pretty obvious they value Trubisky closer to a starter where they don't want to risk having him out there too long.  Good idea.  With the final cut happening this weekend this game is more about getting more players on film for them to have a chance with other teams.
Then they shouldn't have put him on the field. Ridiculous set of events put in motion by Fox tonight.  Why in the holy hell did they have Houston out there that late in the game with his injury history?!?,? Hhgfff

Now they're even thinner at OLB than they already were. Houston out for probably the season now FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  Doubt we see McPhee back until mid season, if that.  They may have to trade for an OLB now.  Horrific decision making tonight. What I come to expect from a team run by John Fox. 

Now they're even thinner at OLB than they already were. Houston out for probably the season now FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.  Doubt we see McPhee back until mid season, if that.  They may have to trade for an OLB now.  Horrific decision making tonight. What I come to expect from a team run by John Fox. 
What happened to Houston?  There are too many games on for me to watch the Bears game to night.

Thompson seems to be targeted a fair amount - could work his way into a regular role in the rotation with White, Wright, and Wheaton (assumed)?
If Gentry doesn't make the 53, it'll be a travesty. He's earned his spot. Bone headed decision if they think they can stash him on the PS. 

Top 15 defense?

End of the freaking game and Trubisky has to come back in for a couple plays because Shaw hurt. Do they run?! No!! THEY RUN A ####### SCREEN PASS AND TRUBISKY GETS KNOCKED DOWN!! You can't make this #### up. Completely absurd! 

End of the 4th preseason game and you dial up a freaking screen pass with your rookie with a bunch of tomato CANS and he gets hit?! WHY YOU MORONS!? WHY?!? 

Seriously? You missed the point. You keep the kid out of the game, then.  Putting him out there to hand the ball off a few consecutive series is pointless.   Was no reason to put him out in the field for that. Ridiculous 
Bears said they wanted him to prepare for the game as though he were the starter. Makes sense to me.

Complaining about a player getting hurt in the preseason is pointless. The same player could get hurt on the first play of the regular season. The problem is that fans see the preseason as pointless. Just pretend that their are 20 games every year and it will help you cope. 

End of the 4th preseason game and you dial up a freaking screen pass with your rookie with a bunch of tomato CANS and he gets hit?! WHY YOU MORONS!? WHY?!? 
Ok, thats indefensible. The decision, not the screen pass, that was very defensible.

THEN THEY RUN A PLAY ON LAST PLAY OF THE GAME AND TRUBISKY GETS SACKED!!! WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU MORONS!?!? 

Users who are viewing this thread