What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (10 Viewers)

That has to be the dumbest coached game I've ever seen in my life.  And that's saying a lot.  Running plays last minute of the game and getting the qb hit.  Going for it on freaking 4th down on last play and getting sacked!  You idiots! 

I guess Fox felt that Trubisky needed more game time experience with the center to RB exchange?

With Christian Ponder this was sometimes the only thing I could think of to say he did well.

Fox comment after the game?  Hard to believe he could do something so idiotic. 
Bears HC John Fox on having MT10 pass 3 times late 4Q (he was hit 2x): "It won't be the first time he's been hit, and it won't be the last."  

More Trubisky on all those  handoffs: "I was thinking to myself that was the 1st time in my career I ever handed off 9 straight times."

Don't forget. Bears also took timeout with 11 seconds left, down 25-0 in final exhibition. Game ends with Trubisky getting pummeled.

The O-Line protecting Trubisky on that final play: Dieugot Joseph, Mitchell Kirsch, Taylor Boggs, Jordan Morgan, Brandon Greene.

Seems like he quit caring about 8 years ago. 
My biggest issue was that he didn't seem to be that bright.  Dumb jocks can play most positions in this game, but the keeping all the moving parts working together in three phases of the game is not an easy job.

My biggest issue was that he didn't seem to be that bright.  Dumb jocks can play most positions in this game, but the keeping all the moving parts working together in three phases of the game is not an easy job.
He's always been well served by his assistants. Theres something valuable to that, i suppose.

You  nailed it. He's not sharp enough to keep it all together. Lucky he's had some great Coordinators. 

I told you guys (Fox) but you wanted to insist that it was a great hire.
I've hated the hire since day one. Seemed like such a lazy decision. Hey let's grab the old guy with the big name and great record and everybody will get on board. 

I dont know if this defense can cover anybody, but theyre gonna get after the quarterback like crazy and make running difficult. Sounds like a recipe for success to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bears lines played well against the Titans. There were a few Chiefs early that I noticed, but not so much after that. The Titans traded a 7th for David King-a backup Chiefs DE. I can't help but think "Why didn't they trade for one of the Bears that pushed them around."

On this line of thinking- Can y'all give me a name of a DE that did well against the Titans and is a likely cut, please?

The Bears lines played well against the Titans. There were a few Chiefs early that I noticed, but not so much after that. The Titans traded a 7th for David King-a backup Chiefs DE. I can't help but think "Why didn't they trade for one of the Bears that pushed them around."

On this line of thinking- Can y'all give me a name of a DE that did well against the Titans and is a likely cut, please?
You're probably thinking of Isaiah Irving.  Had a great preseason. I'm hoping they keep him but don't see them fitting him on the 53.

Roy Robertson-Harris blocked a punt and got a lot of pressure but he'll make the team. 

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
OK. No more #####ing about Fox for now. 

2 rookies the Bears should keep. Gentry and Irving.  Both great finds by pace that would be foolish to let walk. Great potential from both. 

If the 49ers cut Lynch, Bears should jump at that and claim him

Obvious by now how terrible the Glennon signing was.  Reason most of us thought it was a dumb move when it happened.  GMs make mistakes. That's why I've always hated the excuse that they're GMs and should never be questioned.  Shuts down discussions 

Obvious by now how terrible the Glennon signing was.  Reason most of us thought it was a dumb move when it happened.  GMs make mistakes. That's why I've always hated the excuse that they're GMs and should never be questioned.  Shuts down discussions 
This statement is only true in hindsight.

We don't know how the Bears had the rest of the QB's ranked. Let's say they didn't feel any of the other QB's were worth a first round pick other than Trubisky. If someone else moved to the #2 and took him, then the Bears may have traded out of the number 3 spot and/or taken another player. At that point, if you don't have Glennon on your roster, your looking at Mark Sanchez as your starter. And Connor Shaw as your #2. 

At that point, you would have spent the summer complaining about how Glennon looks pretty good with the Jets offense and we should have signed him. 

This statement is only true in hindsight.

We don't know how the Bears had the rest of the QB's ranked. Let's say they didn't feel any of the other QB's were worth a first round pick other than Trubisky. If someone else moved to the #2 and took him, then the Bears may have traded out of the number 3 spot and/or taken another player. At that point, if you don't have Glennon on your roster, your looking at Mark Sanchez as your starter. And Connor Shaw as your #2. 

At that point, you would have spent the summer complaining about how Glennon looks pretty good with the Jets offense and we should have signed him. 
Incorrect. Hindsight has nothing to do with it.  You could use that excuse for every blown signing ever made. None of this says Glennon was a good signing or generates a discussion.  He's not good. A career backup for most of his Career for a reason. Hoyer at 6 million way better signing. Something a few of us also said when it happened. 

Incorrect. Hindsight has nothing to do with it.  You could use that excuse for every blown signing ever made. None of this says Glennon was a good signing or generates a discussion.  He's not good. A career backup for most of his Career for a reason. Hoyer at 6 million way better signing. Something a few of us also said when it happened. 
So had some other team taken Trubisky at #2, who would be the Bears starting QB? 

No reason to go in this circle again. We disagree on quite a bit. Not a big deal. Pace has been fantastic at drafting and UDFA signings over the past two years and the roster is exponentially better than when he arrived. The Fox hire was a mistake but that's one that was hard to see coming. 

The #Bears have waived WR Tanner Gentry but want him back on the practice squad if possible, per @adamjahns. 

Horrendously bad decision 

The #Bears expect to keep OLB Pernell McPhee on PUP list to start the 2017 season, per @RapSheet. 

You sign guys with bad knees. You shouldn't be surprised when it continues. Blew this signing.  Bears are one of the most injured teams in the league for a reason.  Quit with with of the signing of injury-prone players. Amukamara already hurt. 

Hearing the #Bears also are planning on just keeping five WRs.

Boneheaded move. Thompson, Bellamy, White, Wheaton, Wright 

Just awful group.  May rethink my stance in starting Trubisky. Fox and Loggains could get him killed and now they're rolling out these scrubs. 

No structural damage for Lamarr Houston's knee, but the #Bears are placing him on IR and will work out an injury settlement, source said.

Looks. Like Irving will make it. Good move

Looks like Irving is going to make the Bears. 

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
What's the advantage of having Trubisky play right away? To get him playing time? But what is the point of getting playing time with a bunch of 2nd-level players? Seems like you're just increasing the chances of getting him hurt and/or shell-shocked.

What's the advantage of having Trubisky play right away? To get him playing time? But what is the point of getting playing time with a bunch of 2nd-level players? Seems like you're just increasing the chances of getting him hurt and/or shell-shocked.
I won't beat this dead horse anymore. 

Hearing the #Bears also are planning on just keeping five WRs.

Boneheaded move. Thompson, Bellamy, White, Wheaton, Wright 

Just awful group.  May rethink my stance in starting Trubisky. Fox and Loggains could get him killed and now they're rolling out these scrubs. 
Awful. Gentry earned a spot in this group. 

Irving waived. Going into waivers with 4 freaking OLBs. Bears make so many dumb moves sometimes. So idiotic. Kept Sanchez and Unrein and just keep cutting young talent. Ridiculous 

Users who are viewing this thread