What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (16 Viewers)

Some things will never change. Losing franchise full of losers. Always will be. Don't get your hopes up anymore. 

The guy hasn't done anything football related. Nagy over played him. Should have rested him more so he could finish. 
Seriously, Mack was the problem????  He lit up the first half.  he's the only reason we were in this game in the first place with the sack fumble and int return for a TD.  That's nuts.

ETA: Maybe that was obvious sarcasm and I am just too angry to notice it.

Last edited by a moderator:
JIMGET said:
Bwahahahahaha
What was that? I can't hear you over BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

flapgreen said:
Like I said, move along. 
Smart move, guy. Quote a five day old post telling me to move along in a weak sauce attempt at bragging. I had already moved along, but thanks to this I think I will hang out and  :popcorn:  this  :tfp:

So thank you. You made this game I didn't care about so much more enjoyable than it would've been.

What was that? I can't hear you over BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

Smart move, guy. Quote a five day old post telling me to move along in a weak sauce attempt at bragging. I had already moved along, but thanks to this I think I will hang out and  :popcorn:  this  :tfp:

So thank you. You made this game I didn't care about so much more enjoyable than it would've been.
The fact that you are the most clueless person in this forum on football doesn't help you any around here. Mack is the only reason this game was remotely close. So please, as I said, move along young man. 

Trubisky lost the game. Lot's of throws that were way off for no reason at all. The Raiders were talking to a bunch of teams and they selected the Bears because it came down to the QB. Now, it is WAY too early but as exciting as it is to get Mack (And heart breakingly sad for me) you Bear fans better hope that Trubisky develops more. If not.... well... you will have a great defense with the best LB corps in the league but will not be a winning team. What should really scare you as a Bear fan is that with that much money locked into Mack and no 1st rounders for two years, if Trubisky is a mistake then you guys have no real viable way to get a winning QB unless you happen to hit on a 2nd rounder. I honestly hope you guys go 0-16 for the next two years so those first rounders are 1st overall picks but other than that it would suck to see that as I have no ill will to you guys. 

Yeah, Mack was the problem...
Other fans will always be jealous when another team makes a big trade like that. They'll run in circles telling that team's fans how bad it was for their team.  Any chance they get, they'll come back and try to say the same thing again and again. It's just how fans are. 

Seriously, Mack was the problem????  He lit up the first half.  he's the only reason we were in this game in the first place with the sack fumble and int return for a TD.  That's nuts.

ETA: Maybe that was obvious sarcasm and I am just too angry to notice it.
Huh? I am saying that the guy is not in football shape yet. Pretty damn obvious on how he dominated early and then faded away. They talked about it before the game trying to keep him on a pitch count so to speak.... but I think Nagy got too excited. Too many snaps and get isn't conditioned yet. This game was NOT Mack's fault. He almost won the damn game by himself. 

The loss is on Trubisky. He missed so many throws that an NFL QB should not miss on that much. 

Huh? I am saying that the guy is not in football shape yet. Pretty damn obvious on how he dominated early and then faded away. They talked about it before the game trying to keep him on a pitch count so to speak.... but I think Nagy got too excited. Too many snaps and get isn't conditioned yet. This game was NOT Mack's fault. He almost won the damn game by himself. 

The loss is on Trubisky. He missed so many throws that an NFL QB should not miss on that much. 
Ok, I just don't see how they could have take him out when he was lighting it up like that.

Who are you again? And please, can you enlighten me to what losing their first game has to do with "learning a lesson on NFL salary cap?" You're just a random dude on football forum who doesn't know anymore than any other meatball out there. Take it elsewhere, Lombardi. 

Other fans will always be jealous when another team makes a big trade like that. They'll run in circles telling that team's fans how bad it was for their team.  Any chance they get, they'll come back and try to say the same thing again and again. It's just how fans are. 
Nope. It is a trade that makes tons of sense for the Bears. Whether the trade works or not is not on Mack or the trade. It is on Trubisky. If you guys have an above average QB in him then you will be a playoff team for the next 5 years. If he is average, you will be a bubble team. If he sucks like he did tonight then you just set the Bear franchise back for likely a number of years with no ability to get a good QB and you will lose. No emotion. Just reality. 

Ok, I just don't see how they could have take him out when he was lighting it up like that.
They couldn't. Silly for anyone to even suggest it. They lost because of coaching and play of the qb. But hey, people need to feel vindicated because they're jealous they didn't make a big trade as well.  Doesn't matter. Onto next week 

Why is that word underlined? Nagy knew he was not ready for a full game. Screw not knowing the system or playbook, you can tell him just rush the QB every play.... but the guy had no NFL conditioning leading up to this game. I am sure he works out and all but there is fit and there is NFL fit. Nagy screwed that up. He knows it. He talked about it before the game but just like you got too excited about his new toy and didn't watch his snap count like he should have to keep him effective. 

They couldn't. Silly for anyone to even suggest it. They lost because of coaching and play of the qb. But hey, people need to feel vindicated because they're jealous they didn't make a big trade as well.  Doesn't matter. Onto next week 
Silly? Watch the game again. Do you think that Bulaga all of a sudden figured out how to block him in the second half?  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You could almost see his effectiveness drop as he took each additional snap. 

Horrible playcalling with the horizontal garbage.  I mean it looked like they threw the game.

Man-to-man on the Cobb TD with no safety help.  Fuller drops a sure INT.  Like, WTF?

Who are you again? And please, can you enlighten me to what losing their first game has to do with "learning a lesson on NFL salary cap?" You're just a random dude on football forum who doesn't know anymore than any other meatball out there. Take it elsewhere, Lombardi. 
I've watched every snap of every game Mack has played in the NFL.  I'm only here because @flapgreen was pissing all over the Raiders thread after the trade.  My point about the salary cap was already clear but you don't really care right now.  If I am wrong you can outline what year you are going to pay for/get a QB.

Seemed way too conservative after they went up at first. Looked like lots of screens and runs that just didn't work.  
That's what I was saying.  They didn't call any plays longer than 5 yard dinks and dunks after they went up.  People can whine about Trubisky, but the play calling from Nagy lost this game.  Burton and Robinson were invisible when they should have kept their foot on the gas. 

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Horrible playcalling with the horizontal garbage.  I mean it looked like they threw the game.

Man-to-man on the Cobb TD with no safety help.  Fuller drops a sure INT.  Like, WTF?
You should be use to Fuller dropping INT's by now. 

That's what I was saying.  They didn't call any plays longer than 5 yard dinks and dunks after they went up.  People can whine about Trubisky, but the play calling from Nagy lost this game.  Burton and Robinson were invisible when they should have kept their foot on the gas. 
I think the problem is that Nagy doesn’t trust Trubisky. And if you saw the throws he made on the last drive you can understand why. 

I think the problem is that Nagy doesn’t trust Trubisky. And if you saw the throws he made on the last drive you can understand why. 
Hell yea... I wouldn't trust him either with those throws. There were numerous misses that were not just off by a bit but almost looked like he was throwing the ball away....but it wasn't... he just missed that badly. 

Raider fans looking for redemption. As a GB fan, I was very jealous CHI traded for Mack. It was a great trade for Chicago. Raiders got what they could. I think it's ridiculous the Raiders are giving CHI any picks back. My thoughts on it are well documented; it's up to the qb. As Rodgers and Cousins showed, paying money for a QB is a smarter investment than a defender. Don't grade Trubisky on game 1 in a new scheme. As rival fans, we will bask in this for now, but I think Trubisky has a bright future

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m so worried Trubisky is Andy Dalton, nothing more. Howard is still the best chance they have on offense.  

That D is going to be really good. They were completely gassed in the 2nd half. That’s not going to happen every week. 

Users who are viewing this thread