What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (13 Viewers)

Ryan Pace last week in Indy: "Ideally in free agency, we're addressing most of our needs to allow the draft to be best-player-available."

Sure Ryan 

Biggs reported, he sensed the Jefffrey was intent on leaving Chicago, Rapoport reported he also took the one year deal over multyi year offers from other teams like the Vikings. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious?  It's a one year deal for $14M.  What will they have to worry about?  They just got a steal.
They'll have to worry about him being injured and / or missing 10 when he gets popped again. Or that he's not the same player because he's not PED'd up for fear of getting another suspension. Sorry - gone, no tears from him leaving.

Hope they can replace those 100 catches and 6 TDs over the last 2 years. Going to be tough.

So far Bears have lost their best wr. Missed out on top 2 CBs, safety, and RT they wanted. Pace has been duped, fellas.

They'll have to worry about him being injured and / or missing 10 when he gets popped again. Or that he's not the same player because he's not PED'd up for fear of getting another suspension. Sorry - gone, no tears from him leaving.

Hope they can replace those 100 catches and 6 TDs over the last 2 years. Going to be tough.
Seriously, one year is all they have to worry about.  I guarantee they are not that worried.  It's a one year prove it deal that instantly makes their team better and the Bears worse.

Seriously, one year is all they have to worry about.  I guarantee they are not that worried.  It's a one year prove it deal that instantly makes their team better and the Bears worse.

If you pay, say, a top end Right Tackle, and then the best player on your board in round 2 is a right tackle... what do you do? Take a different guy, which violated your core philosophy of always taking the best available? Or draft a guy to sit for a couple years?

What is the point of bringing in flashy, expensive talent to win you a couple extra games and move you down in the draft while keeping you mediocre? Thats football hell defined.

The Bears didnt become one of the worst franchises in football in a year or two, they arent going to fix it in a year or two. Its going to take several years of good drafting to restock the cupboard. Developing 'Bears' has to be the primary focus. Taking that focus away so you can puff your chest out about landing a free agent that doesnt help you in the big picture is how you stay bad.
Because when you have this many holes you can't just fill them in the draft, you need to use a combination of the draft and FA to fill them all.  With good drafting and FA we should be able to compete within the next two years, that's well within the contract of a good FA.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
It does nothing of the sort. He averaged under 5 catches a game over the last 2 years for a team that played behind as much as anyone. 45 different players averaged at least 4.5 catches per game last year. 2015, 51 players.

It does nothing of the sort. He averaged under 5 catches a game over the last 2 years for a team that played behind as much as anyone. 45 different players averaged at least 4.5 catches per game last year. 2015, 51 players.
You don't think he's talented?  Do you think we are set at wr?

Getting fewer catches is not his fault, that's the job of the QB and OC.  He did what he was suppose to do with those catches and that's average a bunch of yards.  He still would have had over 1,000 yards if he kept that pace through those 4 missed games, even with only 4.5 catches a game.

Please tell me how this makes the Bears better?

I really hope they have some grand plan in order because right now the team is getting worse.  Going to be hard for anyone in the front office to survive this third season if they continue getting worse.

Getting fewer catches is not his fault, that's the job of the QB and OC.  He did what he was suppose to do with those catches and that's average a bunch of yards.  He still would have had over 1,000 yards if he kept that pace through those 4 missed games, even with only 4.5 catches a game.

Please tell me how this makes the Bears better?
Making the Bears better was not the question. It was about making them worse. He's an average #2 and replaceable.

If 1,000 yards is our benchmark

25 receivers topped 1,000 yards last year. Would you be crying about losing Kenny Britt or Micheal Crabtree?

Takes 62.5 yards per game to hit 1,000 for a season. 33 receivers averaged 60+

His inability to be a true #one even got Cam Meredith north of 63 per.

I really hope they have some grand plan in order because right now the team is getting worse.  Going to be hard for anyone in the front office to survive this third season if they continue getting worse.
There's no plan. If this were Belichick and all of this stuff was happening, I'd think he's up to something. The Bears are up to nothing but looking foolish

Bears have no one yet and these are the best remaining. Have at it

Logan Ryan-possible steelers

Maurice Claiborne 

Amukamara

WR

Terrell Pryor - possible redskins 

Coradelle Patterson 

DL

Dontario Poe

The $14 million from the Eagles puts Jeffery back in the top 5 for 2017 WR salaries and people are #####ing about him leaving. Its crazy talk.

Maybe the most ignorant, ill-informed fan base out there.

The $14 million from the Eagles puts Jeffery back in the top 5 for 2017 WR salaries and people are #####ing about him leaving. Its crazy talk.

Maybe the most ignorant, ill-informed fan base out there.
We have over 50 million in cap space.

1) Where is it going?

2) Who is catching passes that's more talented than Jeffrey?

Only questions that matter.

We have over 50 million in cap space.

1) Where is it going?

2) Who is catching passes that's more talented than Jeffrey?

Only questions that matter.
1. You're not going to get me to argue with you about where the money is going. Its not pretty. There's a lot of it and its not landing the talent they need. but forking out top 5 WR money for Alshon again is not a wise move.

2. This isn't about talent alone. Its about durability, its about history (aforementioned PED suspension and what happens with another one).

Even the worst offenses find guys to catch passes. Go back to Meredith. Had 888 receiving yards this year and you still couldn't pick him out of a lineup. Kenny Britt topped 1,000 yards for the Rams. Terrell Pryor topped 1,000 for the Browns. You can't tell me those two are more talented than Alshon and you can't tell me that they had better QB situations than what's going on here. Also, both of them are still available and will cost a hell of a less, + more likely to accept extended deals to allow the Bears to build an offense around. Alshon wasn't taking less than top 5 money and probably wasn't taking less than 3 years at that top 5 $ to stay with the Bears.

I think Pryor potential might be higher than Jeffrey. That would make this a lot easier for me. Guy barely knows the position and had a very good year. Freak athlete.

Don't waste time interacting with the dude
At least I provide something and back up my opinions when I'm in here. 

Tell me, flap. Did you take international woman's day off yesterday, because you sure as hell sound like one with all the #####ing and complaining you do.

They definitely have to sign a WR, thinking Pryor and if not him than Kendall Wright. I've always liked Wright but the problem is he's reportedly a headache for coaches, but I think his skill-set compliments Cam Meredith nicely.

With all the cap space I would think either Logan Ryan or Amukamara would be prudent, I wouldn't mind going for Amukamara and then attempting to solidify the secondary in the draft. But I think at the 36th pick Bears could go for either tackle Garrett Bolles or Ryan Ramczyk

No DBs left on the market now that are going to slow down Stafford or Rodgers.  No TEs. If Pryor is gone, no WRs. Where does that leave the Bears? Tanking. Less talent on this team than they had when Pace arrived and now they don't even have a qb. That's heading into year 3. That's a failure any way you look at it. Pace appears to be a good college talent evaluator. But a terrible GM. He'll be gone in the next couple of years and we'll be back where we started. But we sure will have a lot of cap space! 

The good thing is that the CB draft class is deep - still need to spend some money on Pryor & either Logan Ryan or Amukamara

They definitely have to sign a WR, thinking Pryor and if not him than Kendall Wright. I've always liked Wright but the problem is he's reportedly a headache for coaches, but I think his skill-set compliments Cam Meredith nicely.

With all the cap space I would think either Logan Ryan or Amukamara would be prudent, I wouldn't mind going for Amukamara and then attempting to solidify the secondary in the draft. But I think at the 36th pick Bears could go for either tackle Garrett Bolles or Ryan Ramczyk
You're talking about mostly #3 WRs, minus possibly Pryor, and the second wave of just OK CBs remaining. That's a disaster of an approach going into FA with as many holes as the Bears have. Not only is the team low on talent. They let their biggest talent walk for nothing when they had plenty of money to pay him. Now they have Glennon at qb, garbage at tackle, no one to throw to, and a secondary full of Crap.  At YEAR 3 going into a "rebuild." good luck bears

You're talking about mostly #3 WRs, minus possibly Pryor, and the second wave of just OK CBs remaining. That's a disaster of an approach going into FA with as many holes as the Bears have. Not only is the team low on talent. They let their biggest talent walk for nothing when they had plenty of money to pay him. Now they have Glennon at qb, garbage at tackle, no one to throw to, and a secondary full of Crap.  At YEAR 3 going into a "rebuild." good luck bears
hey at least we still have Kyle Fuller, lol...

I think Pryor potential might be higher than Jeffrey. That would make this a lot easier for me. Guy barely knows the position and had a very good year. Freak athlete.
I guess it's possible but Alshon has shown he is a stud. 

Hey, Markus Wheaton is a bona fide future STUD!

(And in no way is this post influenced by me having wasted a rookie pick on him in a quasi dynasty league. No way, no how, no, Siree!)

;)

Users who are viewing this thread