What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (10 Viewers)

Our scrubs did a good job of closing it out.

Fire up the disco ball!

:pickle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy with the win but if I had to criticize one thing, it’s I still don’t get how Nagy either doesn’t want to or doesn’t understand the need to pound the ball physically at certain points of the game. I mean the entire 4th qtr should’ve been Howard pounding it to eat clock and build confidence.

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
Happy with the win but if I had to criticize one thing, it’s I still don’t get how Nagy either doesn’t want to or doesn’t understand the need to pound the ball physically at certain points of the game. I mean the entire 4th qtr should’ve been Howard pounding it to eat clock and build confidence.
Maybe Nagy bet the over...

• Smile
Nagy said Turbo is fine (whew); re-aggravated a previous knee injury.  Sims concussed.

Normally I like what Deion Sanders has to say about the barometer of teams.  He just said the Vikings will win the division by at least two games.  That deserves a punch in the mouth.

Normally I like what Deion Sanders has to say about the barometer of teams.  He just said the Vikings will win the division by at least two games.  That deserves a punch in the mouth.
Really? Deon has always been a loud mouth idiot who never goes back and admits where he was wrong. Nothing ever changes with him.  Vikings would have to go 6-1 and the Bears 3-5 the rest of the way for that to happen.  Vikings have beaten one decent team all year. Bears lead league in forced turnovers and points off turnovers.

I'm certain Deon hasn't compared schedules or records to see how it would have to play out. He's just a lazy commentator who spouts off whatever pops in his head.  Moron

Bears are +46 over their last 2 games without their all pro pass rusher and best WR, 5 of their last 8 games are against teams with losing records, but they're going to crumble to pieces. OK, Deon. Whatever you say. 

Indeed.  Glad Mack sat even though I said before to play him sparingly.

Offense is going to have to step it up next week and put more consistently long scoring drives together.

Good to see Miller getting more targets.  Not sure if I have room on my bench for him though.  Picked up Trub before last week’s game and dumped him for Doyle today in order to get the jump on next week’s WW.  Trub’s not targeting Burton enough (outside of his big game) for my taste.  Rather not have to rely on TDs in PPR format.

One game at a time.
The truth, but I'm excited. If the Bears are a playoff team, this schedule wont be too bad. The GB and Miami games were young team/HC losses. If we can mature, I think this team can win the NFC North and make a round or 2 in the playoffs. 

We aren't rams/NO level, but def the tier below.

• Smile
After watching the Saints take out the Rams last night, I’d say they no longer have to be feared.  If our offense improves its efficiency, we can hang with anyone.

After watching the Saints take out the Rams last night, I’d say they no longer have to be feared.  If our offense improves its efficiency, we can hang with anyone.
We really need A Rob to show he is a WR1. Right now I'm ok with him taking a CB1 out of the game and the bears work the other side of the field. Its a hood gameplan for Detroit. Get Slay out of the mix and whatever ARob does is a bonus.

Groin injuries are no joke, especially when quick lateral cuts are needed by WRs to gain separation.  Wouldn’t be surprised if he sits again this week.

Last thing we need is for him to re-aggravate it by returning too soon.

Judging by how much time he’s missed and no surgery has been needed, it can be extrapolated that he has a second degree strain.

http://footballrescue.com/groin.htm

I don’t have a problem with it.  Puts even more emphasis on beating the Lions next week.

I’d rather the coaching staff have a few extra hours to prep for MIN, since they’ll already have seen DET and their prep for the Gobble Bowl will be minimal.

Keep in mind that in Trub’s very first start vs. MIN last year, they didn’t blow us out.  It was 20-17.  Biggest reason we lost that game was Trub threw a pick deep in our end just before the 2-minute warning with the game tied.  

That is the only play I remember, it’s burned in my brain.  We’ve beaten them twice out of the last 4 years at home, even when we were terrible.  Each loss was by a FG.

Anyway, one game at a time.

Saints signed Dez Bryant and shipped Cam Meredith off to IR.  Pace made the right call in letting him go.

Slay (#1 CB) & Lang (RG) out for DET.

Mack, Robinson & Gabriel all practiced in full today. Sims out (who cares?).

Shaheen not activated yet.  They’d have to move someone.  Anxious to see him on the field as well.

Im pleased with the Bears progress this season. But we're a Jets victory and a Bills victory away from the Dolphins/Patriots losses. They are going to lose more games they should win this season. They may win some games they shouldnt. Its the NFL, and they arent a great team yet.

Ok, into some division games now. These 11 or 12 days are huge for our season. Need some division wins. F the Lions!

Got away with a false start on that Cohen TD, but we’ll take it.  Parkey doinks the XP attempt, to the right, of course.

Very crisp drive.

Yes, he is!  Trub TD to ARob!

I can’t even remember the last time we scored a TD like that on third and long.

Trubador TD and the big spike!

Let’s gooooooooooooo.

Freaking awesome! I don't know how to feel watching the Bears go into every game with a good chance of winning and looking competent. What the hell is this? 

• Smile

Users who are viewing this thread