What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (4 Viewers)

In regards to a playoff run, still think the best move would have been pulling the starters at halftime after showing the Vikings who's boss and beating them up again at Soldier Field. 

However, I'm happy with a 12-4 season, even if the Bears fall to the defending champs in a few days. I think they are a title contender for the next 3 years, but we all know how fast things can change due to injuries/luck/etc. If Mitch plays well in these playoffs, the NFC North may as well hibernate for the next 3 years, things will get ugly. Time will tell!!! Happy holidays to all

Bears win 27-10.  I see no way Foles even finishes the game.  I'm really happy for the Bears & especially their fans.  Job well done.
This is probably the most likely scenario, but you never know.  I think Playoff experience keeps it closer but still expect a Bears win.

#Bears DC Vic Fangio said that he has done “zero” prep work for his Dolphins and Broncos interviews. He hasn’t returned to one message. He doesn’t plan to this week, not with the Eagles coming to town.

#Bears DC Vic Fangio said that he has done “zero” prep work for his Dolphins and Broncos interviews. He hasn’t returned to one message. He doesn’t plan to this week, not with the Eagles coming to town.
Of course not. He's let his agent do all that.

Not a fan of being in the last game of the WC round, but it is what it is.

Tried to watch ”Coaches Film” on NFL Game Pass last night and it is awful (not just the Soldier Field cam angle).

Not a fan of being in the last game of the WC round, but it is what it is.

Tried to watch ”Coaches Film” on NFL Game Pass last night and it is awful (not just the Soldier Field cam angle).
They messed it up last year. 

Khalil Mack, Kyle Fuller, Eddie Jackson and Tarik Cohen (as punt returner) are all AP All-Pros. 

Hicks should've made it over Cox. He's way better. 

I wish I'd save all of the links of people trashing Pace's 2017 draft. Ignore the the "experts" on TV. Bears got their franchise qb and 2 ALL PROs in the 4th round. 

Had to roll my eyes so many times hearing how Lynch fleeced Pace with the trade.  Now look at the 49ers 2017 draft. Absolutely pitiful.  All while Pace hit a grandslam. The talking morons on TV don't know ####. 

Stat Hicks (Cox)

Games 16 (16)

D Snaps 780 (830)

Solos 41 (33)

Assts 14 (13)

Sacks 7.5 (10.5)

FR 0 (1)

FF 3 (1)

PD 5 (1)

Only thing that pushed Cox across the line ahead of Hicks is the 3 sacks he had in week 17 against a patchwork WSH O-line and a 3rd/4th string QB signed off the street.

Hicks also had mostly superior numbers in 50 fewer defensive snaps for the season, except for sacks & forced fumbles.

Both are fine players but I’d take Hicks any day.

Last edited by a moderator:
You and I appear to be the only two Bear fans to see this.    I hope we are wrong and while I know Cutler lost a number of games for us, I also saw him win some for us.   Glennon doesn't seem like he is going to win a game for us.    He may not lose them for us either, but I don't see him making anywhere close to the throws that Cutler made (sometimes spectacularly, sometimes horribly).  

If Trubisky is there at 3, I am all in.   If not, lose them all this year and take one next year.
This guy got it! 

The so-called "analysts" out there are completely out of touch. Just trying to get attention and go with the national narrative.  It's not a weak qb class.  It just doesn't have that one huge name that a lot of the drafts have.  Anyone saying it's weak is just repeating the nonsense they've heard a few "experts" say.  Four qbs going in the first round, maybe in the first 15.  Doesn't sound too weak to me.  Enough with the overdrafting QB stuff.  All qbs are "overdrafted."  That's the nature of the position. 

Glennon cannot be counted on for the future. It's why he got a one-year contract.  Having a lot of visits with QBs.  Has to mean they're going qb early.  Haven't drafted a qb yet.  They almost have to draft one.  Third year of a redraft.  Don't blow this, Pace.  Take your guy and build around him. 
Said it before the draft 

I wish I'd save all of the links of people trashing Pace's 2017 draft. Ignore the the "experts" on TV. Bears got their franchise qb and 2 ALL PROs in the 4th round. 

Had to roll my eyes so many times hearing how Lynch fleeced Pace with the trade.  Now look at the 49ers 2017 draft. Absolutely pitiful.  All while Pace hit a grandslam. The talking morons on TV don't know ####. 
Which is why you shouldn’t judge trades at face value until some time has passed.

How about that Mayock going to the Raiders to be their GM, though?  That will be fun to watch unfold.

For most of us, trading up one spot for Trub was a real head-scratcher.  However, when you come to realize that there were potentially quite a few teams interested in jumping us for Trub, then it makes sense.  It was a blockng move.

Mahomes has that innate star talent, but Trub is a grinder that has been doing a lot of self-imposed studying of how the greats have evolved.  Blue collar guy that fits the Chicago mindset and goes the extra mile to prepare.

He’s cutting down on his “Yeah, for sure” responses, so he’s growing there too.

Let’s goooooooooo.

:drive:

Khalil Mack, Kyle Fuller, Eddie Jackson and Tarik Cohen (as punt returner) are all AP All-Pros. 

Hicks should've made it over Cox. He's way better. 
:lmao:  Dude come on. Cox is the 2nd best D linemen in the league by a large margin. He'll show you guys Sunday.

Which is why you shouldn’t judge trades at face value until some time has passed.

How about that Mayock going to the Raiders to be their GM, though?  That will be fun to watch unfold.
I like seeing him go there. Should be fun

Your stats don't include how many times each were double teamed. Cox is double teamed nearly every play.
That’s his fsking problem now, isn’t it?

Numbers may not tell the whole story, but they don’t lie, either.

Either way, now we have a “game-within-the-game” to watch.

Every time Mitch turns around from a play action, he's going to have to worry about Cox in his face.
I don't see it happening. Bears have one of the top pass blocking OL in the league and have one of the best scramblers at qb. The Eagles defense, as a whole, doesn't scare me. They're a solid defense. No doubt.  But the Bears will play good defense and establish the run game, while using Mitch to keep the chains moving.  

That’s his fsking problem now, isn’t it?

Numbers may not tell the whole story, but they don’t lie, either.

Either way, now we have a “game-within-the-game” to watch.
Just saying. It's pretty easy being a DT when you got Mack on the outside taking an extra guy a lot of the time. 

Just saying. It's pretty easy being a DT when you got Mack on the outside taking an extra guy a lot of the time. 
It definitely helps. Hicks is an animal, though. He's been destroying guys this year, but was a little hyperbole to say he was "way" better than Cox this year. It's a close call.  

Technically Hicks is a DE but he does play some 5-tech when they go 4-wide.  No, I’m not digging into positional percentage breakdowns nor double-teams that deep.

Technically Hicks is a DE but he does play some 5-tech when they go 4-wide.  No, I’m not digging into positional percentage breakdowns nor double-teams that deep.
The positional breakdowns are so different now. He's classified as a DT in voting because he doesn't fall in the Edge category. 

I’m saying in the base 3-4 he’s a DE, that’s all.

This rather like arguing about Chicago-style Italian beef vs. Philly cheesesteaks.  I love me an authentic provolone ‘steak “wit” but extra giardiniera on an Italian beef is my preference.

I’m saying in the base 3-4 he’s a DE, that’s all.

This rather like arguing about Chicago-style Italian beef vs. Philly cheesesteaks.  I love me an authentic provolone ‘steak “wit” but extra giardiniera on an Italian beef is my preference.
Yeah, it's confusing to me how they decide what position to sign the players on the line now because they play multiple positions. 

Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky 
I’m curious what is your point in quoting my post from nearly two years ago? My post wasn’t made with a “pound the desk” certainty. I used terms like “I don’t think”.

I mean I’m all for calling out overly aggressive posters who sling insults against anyone not agreeing with their takes but that’s not who I am nor how I acted about the 2017 QB class. I offered a very muted opinion that was far from certain. Now if you poke your head in the Christian McCaffrey thread you’ll see my certainty on CMC being a stud. But I didn’t do that here. 

I’m a huge fan of Mahomes and Watson now that I’ve seen them in the NFL. I am not sold on Trubisky yet. Hope I’m wrong as a Bear fan. 
Mitch was always considered more of a project than the other two but Mitch being top 5 to top 10 in passer rating, depending the the scale, in his second season and on the way to the playoffs is a solid start. He's gotten better as the season has went on. I'm pretty pumped. 

Users who are viewing this thread