What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (9 Viewers)

Good grief.  Bears just dominated the Vikings last week with our backup qb and the Pack lost to a reeling Philly team.   Bears lose a 3 point game in London at the end. Now, all of a sudden, the Bears aren't in the picture at 3-2.  Smh
As much as this game pissed me off I know it’s just one week and it doesn’t define the Bears. Doesn’t worry me too much. It’s the NFL, odd things happen every week. 

Mediocre to describe the o line today would be VERY generous. I don’t think the Raiders had a sack coming into this game. They had what 4 today?  Complete F in the running game now all season. Constant penalties. We have no shot with this line. 
🤣

Yea... the Raiders have had plenty of sacks this year. 

Raiders dominated both lines of scrimmage all game long. 

Good grief.  Bears just dominated the Vikings last week with our backup qb and the Pack lost to a reeling Philly team.   Bears lose a 3 point game in London at the end. Now, all of a sudden, the Bears aren't in the picture at 3-2.  Smh
I bet they lose four of the next five. They are a bad team. The o line sucks. The QBs are awful. And when push came to shove the defense laid down. They will finish last in this division. 

Look, this team is what it is. They arent great and they aren't terrible. The defense is elite, but they arent perfect. Losing Hicks was a blow, especially to the run D. Chase is a career backup. The O line isnt very good, but can perform well in the right circumstances. Mitch isnt great, but he could have won today picking up a couple extra first downs with his legs, because it was a close game against an improving team that had a great gameplan, and having to travel a couple thousand miles introduces some new variables. 

But being very capable of beating the Raiders isnt super bragable. This offense needed to take the next step to put the Bears in championship conversation, and they haven't. They'll still win plenty of games, and if they beat the Saints everyone will be back on the bandwagon, but the fundamentals wont change. 

They arent there yet. 

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
🤣 at flapgreen calling out Bears fans for overreacting

🤣 at flapgreen calling out Bears fans for overreacting
I'm not calling anyone out. I hammered the team for years for good reason. They were terrible. Now, we made the playoffs last year and will likely make them again this year. I'm happy as hell about it. It's a long season. I'm willing to be patient. 

It was an embarrassing loss. Team looked completely unprepared and pitiful for the most part. Not a good omen for where we thought they would be. We'll know a lot more over the next month. 

I thought the Bears D could carry them. In this loss they were terrible. They will play better, but they have shown they are not going to be consistent. They haven’t been able to run the ball. They haven’t been able to protect the passer. When the QBs get time they aren’t accurate. The only WR who consistently gets open is ARob. I think we need to recognize that they are an average team.

The next five weeks they really have a tough schedule. I believe that they will lose to the Saints, Rams, and Eagles. They have a chance against the Chargers and Lions, because both games are in Chicago. They should beat the Giants. The best case scenario is that they are 3-3 in the next six. But I could also see them 2-4, or 1-5.

Giving up 24 points when your offense turns the ball over twice and has about a million penalties isnt 'terrible'. Its not great but if thats your off game... 

Last edited by a moderator:
That was the Dan Marino led Miami Dolphins (with Clayton & Duper) who went 12-4 and all the way to the AFC CG. They scored 30+ points 8 times.
Cool. Bears gave up 24 today, not 38, and turnovers set up some of that. Great defenses have off days.

I appreciate what Long has done for the Bears over the years, but the guy is finished. Belongs on the bench. So bad. Can't really bench Leno. He's been insanely bad. 

to be fair, Vikings game planned for Trubisky. Further, their 'establish the run' offense matched up perfectly with our defense. Second, I wouldn't call the Eagles a reeling team. They are one of the top teams in the league and a top 5 Super Bowl favorite every year.

I do take get your point though. Bears aren't as bad as we think. But the team just doesn't inspire confidence and at the end of the day its Super Bowl or bust... at this point I'm not sure what direction we are going, I certainly don't think a deep post-season run is in the cards at all.

to be fair, Vikings game planned for Trubisky. Further, their 'establish the run' offense matched up perfectly with our defense. Second, I wouldn't call the Eagles a reeling team. They are one of the top teams in the league and a top 5 Super Bowl favorite every year.

I do take get your point though. Bears aren't as bad as we think. But the team just doesn't inspire confidence and at the end of the day its Super Bowl or bust... at this point I'm not sure what direction we are going, I certainly don't think a deep post-season run is in the cards at all.
Isn't that exactly what Oakland did today?

Before the Carr pitch back to no one, an unforced error BTW, the announcers had said it was 15 first downs Raiders and 2 for the Bears, two.  It is going to be difficult to right that ship next week.  Hell, for all I know they are still in the air and have their body clocks all messed up.  Also, I wont say Hicks makes that defense work, but they have some work to do if he is out, and that elbow did not look good. 

I guess they have to look at the challenges they face as an opportunity to build character, or to reveal it.

Me, once the Raiders went into self destruct mode I thought the Bears had it.

Topic title seems a little off...Raiders aren’t that bad a team. They’ve been competitive all year. And in the context of “Bears against Raiders” when the term “bad team” comes up I’m having trouble not seeing the Bears fitting that description. 

OL - Raiders far better

Defense - Bears

QB - Raiders have the edge

RB - Again, Raiders - the OL blocks better, Raiders commit to the run game

WR - Bears get the edge here, especially with TyWilliams out.

TE - Raiders by a landslide. Burton seems like he has potential, but unless the Bears start calling Philly Special, gimme Waller. 

Coaching? Man - I’m so not a Gruden guy. But Nagy makes him look like Walsh. 

Sorry Bears fans....they’re a bad team right now. They lost to a better team than them in the Raiders. 

Topic title seems a little off...Raiders aren’t that bad a team. They’ve been competitive all year. And in the context of “Bears against Raiders” when the term “bad team” comes up I’m having trouble not seeing the Bears fitting that description. 

OL - Raiders far better

Defense - Bears

QB - Raiders have the edge

RB - Again, Raiders - the OL blocks better, Raiders commit to the run game

WR - Bears get the edge here, especially with TyWilliams out.

TE - Raiders by a landslide. Burton seems like he has potential, but unless the Bears start calling Philly Special, gimme Waller. 

Coaching? Man - I’m so not a Gruden guy. But Nagy makes him look like Walsh. 

Sorry Bears fans....they’re a bad team right now. They lost to a better team than them in the Raiders. 
This would look more even if you broke out the defense into position groups like you did for the offensive players.

Even if you said Dline LB and defensive backs instead of breaking down those positions further that would be even at 4-4

I love the logic "we lost to a bad team".LOL.no you ARE the bad team. The Raiders are up-n-comers, why is no one getting the hint yet?

that same bad team has the same record as you do, 3-2. but they physically man-handled the Bears for 4 quarters. Bears don't have a QB, they don't have a RB either. The magician otherwise known as M. Nagy has his team averaging a paltry 19.41 ppg last 12 games. his play calling sucks. they just don't have the play makers at key positions.they're a defensive team that occasionally plays offense. they're not going to beat GB, or Det for the division title. they're probably an 8-8 club. I could see them finishing 7-9. 

I love the logic "we lost to a bad team".LOL.no you ARE the bad team. The Raiders are up-n-comers, why is no one getting the hint yet?

that same bad team has the same record as you do, 3-2. but they physically man-handled the Bears for 4 quarters. Bears don't have a QB, they don't have a RB either. The magician otherwise known as M. Nagy has his team averaging a paltry 19.41 ppg last 12 games. his play calling sucks. they just don't have the play makers at key positions.they're a defensive team that occasionally plays offense. they're not going to beat GB, or Det for the division title. they're probably an 8-8 club. I could see them finishing 7-9. 
Their offense has been uneven, unremarkable.  Of course, the same could be said of many teams playing their backup Q.B.

They should fire their offensive line and see if the Wisconsin Badgers Offensive line is available. It would be an upgrade.

Their offense has been uneven, unremarkable.  Of course, the same could be said of many teams playing their backup Q.B.

They should fire their offensive line and see if the Wisconsin Badgers Offensive line is available. It would be an upgrade.
The worst part is that the o line is this bad when they are healthy. They are playing the first string guys. Imagine how bad they will be when a few guys get hurt.

The NFC North is brutal. Think you guys had the easiest schedule and least amount of injuries in the league last year so some regression was expected. Think we will all cannibalise each other’s records and only the division winner will come out of it into the playoffs, and it could be any of the four of us tbh. Just anybody but the Packers please 

I have watched all the Bears games and i honestly won’t be surprised if they get 10 wins. They dug a deep hole against the Raiders and still had a chance to win the game, says a lot about a team and not giving up. In mho they have the best D in the NFL and that’s gonna keep them in most games if not give them the advantage. Way too early to throw in the towel as a fan of this great franchise. 

Before the Carr pitch back to no one, an unforced error BTW, the announcers had said it was 15 first downs Raiders and 2 for the Bears, two.  It is going to be difficult to right that ship next week.  Hell, for all I know they are still in the air and have their body clocks all messed up.  Also, I wont say Hicks makes that defense work, but they have some work to do if he is out, and that elbow did not look good. 

I guess they have to look at the challenges they face as an opportunity to build character, or to reveal it.

Me, once the Raiders went into self destruct mode I thought the Bears had it.
Luckily, next week is their bye. So that shouldn't be an excuse.

I wonder if Oakland going over at the beginning of the week and Chicago going over later had something to do with the teams' relative readiness to go at kickoff.

Luckily, next week is their bye. So that shouldn't be an excuse.

I wonder if Oakland going over at the beginning of the week and Chicago going over later had something to do with the teams' relative readiness to go at kickoff.
Sounds like good timing what with Trubiski and now Hicks injured and no doubt some travel tiredness as well.  Regroup and retool.  Do a bit of self-evaluation.

Curious what the flavor of local media is right now.  The players and coaches will have two weeks of it, whatever it is. 

Sounds like good timing what with Trubiski and now Hicks injured and no doubt some travel tiredness as well.  Regroup and retool.  Do a bit of self-evaluation.

Curious what the flavor of local media is right now.  The players and coaches will have two weeks of it, whatever it is. 
Local Chicago media is always doomsday. 

Local Chicago media is always doomsday. 
Hopefully the players and the coaches stay insulated from the negativity, if one wants the Bears to do well.  A bit of self-examination is good, but unrelenting negativity is not really motivating.  This should be interesting.

Any word locally about Hicks.  I love his game.  I wish he were on my team.

I only read the Sun-Times. I don't listen to the radio or watch local sports TV. I'm sure they are not happy right now.
Actually they are more optimistic than they should be. I read both the Tribune and Sun-times today. Both seem to think it was a bad day that doesn’t mean it is a bad team. 

Hopefully the players and the coaches stay insulated from the negativity, if one wants the Bears to do well.  A bit of self-examination is good, but unrelenting negativity is not really motivating.  This should be interesting.

Any word locally about Hicks.  I love his game.  I wish he were on my team.
That is true. Hopefully, the poor little daisies don’t hear anyone say anything bad about them. They’d wilt completely.

They get a bye week after this pitiful game. Maybe they can fix a few things. Problem is, your QBs stink. Your o line stinks. Your TEs stink. None of that is fixable unless you get different players to play those positions. And I don’t think the coaching staff has been very good. That is a lot to try and fix. And the Saints come in, probably with Brees back on the field. 

The worst part is that the o line is this bad when they are healthy. They are playing the first string guys. Imagine how bad they will be when a few guys get hurt.
I don’t think Long is ever healthy anymore. Painful to watch him try to move. 

I don’t think Long is ever healthy anymore. Painful to watch him try to move. 
That may be true, but they aren’t playing two or three back ups. A lot of teams are struggling like that, but still managing to produce better results than the Bears. This o line may be bottom five in the league.

BREAKING: OL Kyle Long has been placed on IR, likely ending his season and tenure with the #Bears. 
Guess that's the subtle way to bench him. Unfortunately he needed it. One of my favorite players on the team, but never had technique and just relied on being a beast. Just can't play when he can't overpower his opponent. Wonder who takes the spot with Larson injured too.

Is Trubisky really back? 

Did he really "return to practice" or was he just throwing?  I don't think we were worries about whether he could throw since it's the other arm.... 

I see also that there is "hope" that he plays? 

I'm guessing he's going to be ruled out at some point.  Anyone have better info than the vague stuff we have seen? 

Green Bay is in first, no matter what the Bears do.   It's too bad two of those wins were handed to them by the refs. 

Users who are viewing this thread