What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (9 Viewers)

Nope.   Not at all what I was hoping for - better be damn good. Really was hoping for someone like Quincy Wilson (who the Colts immediately jump on). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hawkeye21 said:
I think it's a pretty good pick. Especially after gaining some picks back. 
Maybe, and I know he'd had good grades.   I was just excited / hoping for an upgrade to our secondary.  But we should be all in now on building the offense and let the D improve through the FA and getting healthy after a train wreck of 2016.

I had to look up this guy. (which is scary thing to say about a 2nd round pick)

At first glance, I think this is another reach for Pace. Look at the teams that this guy has played against. Of course he's going to put up good numbers. But hey, if a QB with 13 starts is good enough for the #2, then a 23 year old that plays Pee Wee league should fit right in. 

At first glance, I think this is another reach for Pace. Look at the teams that this guy has played against. Of course he's going to put up good numbers. But hey, if a QB with 13 starts is good enough for the #2, then a 23 year old that plays Pee Wee league should fit right in. 
Shaheen was considered the 3rd best TE by some in a draft class that's considered the best ever for TEs. 

You confirmed your lack of knowledge on this guy.

You confirmed your lack of knowledge on this guy.
I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit I don't know who he is. But, it doesn't change the fact that the guy played against teams that nobody has ever heard of. He's a big guy, let's see how he does against NFL caliber talent. 

The one thing you hear over and over from rookies is the adjustment they have to make because the NFL players are bigger and faster than what they saw in college. (and that's from players that played in Top 5 conferences) 

I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit I don't know who he is. But, it doesn't change the fact that the guy played against teams that nobody has ever heard of. He's a big guy, let's see how he does against NFL caliber talent. 

The one thing you hear over and over from rookies is the adjustment they have to make because the NFL players are bigger and faster than what they saw in college. (and that's from players that played in Top 5 conferences) 
Plenty of guys from unknown schools have done well in the NFL.  Just goes to show that if he got attention from NFL teams playing at Ashland then he must be pretty talented. 

I think the Brown may have a really, really good draft here. They get 3 first round picks and get a top 4 QB in the second round yet. Well done. 

I don't know about you guys but I like the fact that he was a good basketball player too. Basketball skills seem to transition well to the TE position. 

Plenty of guys from unknown schools have done well in the NFL.  Just goes to show that if he got attention from NFL teams playing at Ashland then he must be pretty talented. 
I looked at other NFL players from Ashland. The list is short in number and tenure. Remember we are talking about a 2nd round pick. You expect players taken in the second round to produce right away. 

I love what Pace is trying to do. No more of the same old stale #### in Chicago.  We're actually building something different this time. 

Nah. I mean it would be nice if we had one, but it's the price you pay for a Qb. A lot smaller price than most teams pay. 
I'm not beat up about it. Would've been nice but oh well. I'm glad they managed to get some picks back and still get a player of need. Not a bad start so far. 

I'm not beat up about it. Would've been nice but oh well. I'm glad they managed to get some picks back and still get a player of need. Not a bad start so far. 
I'm all for swinging for the fences at this point. The Bears have played it safe for too man years and had very little success. They're finally going for it. 

I'm all for swinging for the fences at this point. The Bears have played it safe for too man years and had very little success. They're finally going for it. 
I'm good with it. Might as well at this point. It's Pace's ### so I respect him for putting it all on the line. 

Looked back through the the TE rankings and most of them had Sheehan in their top 5. So I guess he's a somebody. Had never heard of him.  

I believe the Bears have the 10th and 13th pick in the 4th round today.  There are still some good players available at some positions of need.  I'm not sure how but Des King is still there and could help the Bear's secondary.  He could play CB, safety or possibly be a nickel back.

The could also use some help on the DL.  I'm not sure which players available fit the Bear's defensive scheme but two players that jump out to me right away are Davon Godchaux, Carl Lawson and Jaleel Johnson.

If not one of those positions then I think they need to look for a WR soon.  Malachi Dupre and Josh Malone seem to be the best available.  If they waited longer they could get DeDe Westbrook or get Trubisky's teammate, Mack Hollins.

If they had more picks I'd strongly consider picking Zane Gonzalez with their last pick to be their future kicker.  That's if he would still be available of course.

Looked back through the the TE rankings and most of them had Sheehan in their top 5. So I guess he's a somebody. Had never heard of him.  
Best comment I've heard about him is that he's a DII junior that was invited to the combine.  That speaks volumes for his potential.

Best comment I've heard about him is that he's a DII junior that was invited to the combine.  That speaks volumes for his potential.
I'm surprised no one on here has heard of him.  I never heard of him during the season but leading up to the combine I started noticing him.  He worked his way up the rankings and I had the Bears taking him in a view mocks.  I usually had the Bears taking him later though.

I'm surprised no one on here has heard of him.  I never heard of him during the season but leading up to the combine I started noticing him.  He worked his way up the rankings and I had the Bears taking him in a view mocks.  I usually had the Bears taking him later though.
We're really rolling the dice this draft and I don't hate that.

Users who are viewing this thread