What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (22 Viewers)

Uh, no they're not. I could go for days on dumb stuff they have said.  Two weeks ago, McShay said no qbs would go in the first round.  You can believe everything they say because "it's what they do for a living," I'll think for myself and follow the folks who actually know what they're talking about. 
You got a link for that?

sure he did, however on all of his mocks he in fact had multiple qbs going in rd one including in his final MT going #1

So yeah, he kindof knows his stuff

sure he did, however on all of his mocks he in fact had multiple qbs going in rd one including in his final MT going #1

So yeah, he kindof knows his stuff
Again, you can follow and believe everything this goof says. He's wrong as much as anyone out there and never has to answer for it. Just moves on like it never happened.  So many better people out there to follow than the ESPN stooge. Clueless 

Pace's school picks through 3 drafts

Big 12 (4)
Big Ten (3)
SEC (3)
ACC (3)
MVFC (1)
CAA (1)
MAC (1)
Pac 12 (1)
MEAC (1)
PSAC (1)
GLIAC (1)

Again, you can follow and believe everything this goof says. He's wrong as much as anyone out there and never has to answer for it. Just moves on like it never happened.  So many better people out there to follow than the ESPN stooge. Clueless 
Speaking of, yet another talking moron. Heath Evans

Wow. Heath Evans on #Bears QB Mitchell Trubisky

"I question whether he'll ever turn into anything that results in a starting QB...". Listen https://t.co/9BATilfsrX

Thats BS.  Its what they do for a living.  They are much more on point than not.
What they do for a living is draw traffic to their sites and shows to create advertising revenue.  That means being just right enough to keep a reputation with the public, but wrong enough to stir up debate and conversation...like this thread.

Much the way Vegas lines are about profiting from the distribution of gambling revenue, and only represent actual NFL game predictions to the extent that those placing the bets aren't misreading things.

I'm OK with this pick in the 5th round. He may develop into a good LT. But, I still have concerns with taking guys that look great against Division II talent. It's ok to gamble on them in the later rounds. 
I believe Jordan Morgan was on the Senior Bowl team Fox coached, so the Bears staff had a week to work with and evaluate him.   

Sounds like they didn't just pick blind on this one, give him a chance.

Speaking of, yet another talking moron. Heath Evans

Wow. Heath Evans on #Bears QB Mitchell Trubisky

"I question whether he'll ever turn into anything that results in a starting QB...". Listen https://t.co/9BATilfsrX
The guy has 13 collegiate starts under his belt.

Better, more seasoned prospects have turned out to be garbage, so he's not off base questioning what this guy is going to turn into.

I believe Jordan Morgan was on the Senior Bowl team Fox coached, so the Bears staff had a week to work with and evaluate him.   

Sounds like they didn't just pick blind on this one, give him a chance.
I will give them all a chance. Don't have much of a choice do I? 

I'm not thrilled with the results of the draft. As flagreen says, it will be worth it if we get a franchise QB. I'm not sure we did, but I will root for the Bears regardless. 

I'm not thrilled with the results of the draft. As flagreen says, it will be worth it if we get a franchise QB. I'm not sure we did, but I will root for the Bears regardless. 
Wonderful.. another moron questioning the future of the can't miss QB that our franchise just drafted. /flapgreen.

I will second everything you said.  We have no choice, and a high quality QB will be worth it all.  But initially, I am slightly encouraged.

I will also add:  

I am not only a Bears fan, but also a White Sox guy.    The Sox have sucked since the 2005 WS, but they have changed their approach for 2017 and I am hopeful this has rubbed off of the Bears.

If we miss the '17 playoff's for the greater good of long term success then I will be happy enough.

Free agents to look at

Corey Clement RB

Deveon Smith RB

Matt Dayes RB
KD Cannon WR
Ezra Robinson CB

Edge
Carroll Phillips 

Garret Sickles

Joe Mathis

Noble Naxhuwu

Brian Cox

Tashaw Bower

Keonta Davis

Devonte Fields

Chunk Clements RB

WR

KD Cannon (Baylor)
Travis Rudolph (FSU)
Travis Dural (LSU)
Artavis Scott (Clemson)
Damore'ea Stringfellow (Ole Miss)
Ishmael Zamora (Baylor)
Amba Etta-Tawo (Syracuse)
Bug Howard (North Carolina)

OL

OT Eric Magnuson (Michigan)
C Tyler Oloski (West Virginia)
OT Avery Gennesy (Texas A&M)
OG Tyrone Crowder (Clemson)
OG Johnny Caspers (Stanford)
OT Chad Wheeler (USC)
OT Storm Norton (Toledo)
OT Dan Skipper (Arkansas)
G Damien Mama (USC)
C Mason Cole (Michigan)
OT Levon Meyers (N. Illinois)
G Scott Quessenbery (UCLA)
C Jon Toth (Kentucky)
G Jessamen Dunker (Tenn St)

S
Lorenzo Jerome (St. Francis)
Jordan Sterns (Oklahoma St)
Jadar Johnson (Clemson)

Jarron Jones DT

Charles Walker DL

Austin Renko K

The guy has 13 collegiate starts under his belt.

Better, more seasoned prospects have turned out to be garbage, so he's not off base questioning what this guy is going to turn into.
I don't discount it as worth discussion, but why is this such a strong argument?  As far as a recent example, Carson Wentz got 23 FCS starts under his belt and he was basically ready to start coming out of training camp. Everyone has questions. I see an awful lot of positives for Trubisky. 

I don't discount it as worth discussion, but why is this such a strong argument?  As far as a recent example, Carson Wentz got 23 FCS starts under his belt and he was basically ready to start coming out of training camp. Everyone has questions. I see an awful lot of positives for Trubisky. 
LD will forever be the antagonist. Heath has no clue what he's talking about. Making huge judgement on a player he could never know those things about.  And as usual, if Trubisky turns out to be good, Heath will never acknowledge anything he ever said about him.   Never amount to anything near a starter or a leader of men, eh Heath? Yeah whatever dude. Like you have any clue about any of that. Just more mindless chatter that no one will every remember. Idiot 

I'm not sure what Pace is doing. I know nothing about any of these UDFA signings except Gentry. Allen's favorite target 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fox sounds like a coach who doesn't even want to be here. Why is he still the coach, again? 

"Is it going to be easy? No. None of this stuff's easy," said #Bears coach John Fox of developing a young QB. "But, we'll find a way."

John Fox was asked to put a final grade on this draft class. "Uh, I'm sure we'll get some input."

John Fox asked about what he likes about Trubisky, essentially says that he's a good player and lots of people had him ranked highly.

Fox sounds like a coach who doesn't even want to be here. Why is he still the coach, again? 

"Is it going to be easy? No. None of this stuff's easy," said #Bears coach John Fox of developing a young QB. "But, we'll find a way."

John Fox was asked to put a final grade on this draft class. "Uh, I'm sure we'll get some input."

John Fox asked about what he likes about Trubisky, essentially says that he's a good player and lots of people had him ranked highly.
Didn't even know we were taking Trubisky until an hour prior. Might be the biggest case of lame duck coach I've ever seen. Pace might as well start the hiring process now. 

I hate to be pessimistic, and I hope I'm wrong, but other than Kansas City, I think the Bears had the worst draft this year. Trubisky is a total question mark for a top-5 pick, and Shaheen is a project who faces a monster jump to the pros, and was an even bigger reach than Trubisky. I don't think they had a single good pick, and the only thing making their draft better than KC is at least they didn't trade next year's #1.

I'm longing for the Lovie Smith era.

I hate to be pessimistic, and I hope I'm wrong, but other than Kansas City, I think the Bears had the worst draft this year. Trubisky is a total question mark for a top-5 pick, and Shaheen is a project who faces a monster jump to the pros, and was an even bigger reach than Trubisky. I don't think they had a single good pick, and the only thing making their draft better than KC is at least they didn't trade next year's #1.

I'm longing for the Lovie Smith era.
All legitimate concerns 

Didn't even know we were taking Trubisky until an hour prior. Might be the biggest case of lame duck coach I've ever seen. Pace might as well start the hiring process now. 
Hoping having a new qb makes the job appealing to the next coach.  Obviously, Fox has checked out and doesn't care.  Probably why Fangio wanted out last year.  As much as I think Loggains sucks, he may be the only one who wants to be here

Hoping having a new qb makes the job appealing to the next coach.  Obviously, Fox has checked out and doesn't care.  Probably why Fangio wanted out last year.  As much as I think Loggains sucks, he may be the only one who wants to be here
Just looking at this from another angle. Could Fox wanting out be because he feels Pace is a moron? Obviously, Fox has a experience in this league. He knows how to win (at least in regards season). Pace has a very short track record if success.

KCitons said:
Just looking at this from another angle. Could Fox wanting out be because he feels Pace is a moron? Obviously, Fox has a experience in this league. He knows how to win (at least in regards season). Pace has a very short track record if success.
Doesn't matter if Fox thinks that or not. He hired Fox. It's his job to support the team and win games.  Fox is the idiot in all of this. Said it then. Should've fired him after the season. 

flapgreen said:
Seems like he's lost 
I don't know why but I like Pace. I like the bold move to get Trubisky but the rest of the draft seems very mediocre. Pace is starting to look like the guy in your fantasy draft that reaches to find the gem/sleeper to make himself look like a genius. 

Asked about being a HC handling a face-of-franchise rookie QB, John Fox said he's talked to his friend Jeff Fisher about it.

Did Pace do enough this off season to help Fox win games in 2017?
If they're healthier, they should be much better. Stable qb. Defense stays healthy. Team was a disaster with injuries and no qbs most of the season.  3 new starters in secondary should help. But I can't say he's added the right talent to make them significant contributors this season.  I'd say 7 wins is the absolute max they will win. Likely 6

I don't know why but I like Pace. I like the bold move to get Trubisky but the rest of the draft seems very mediocre. Pace is starting to look like the guy in your fantasy draft that reaches to find the gem/sleeper to make himself look like a genius. 
I'll give Flap credit in that his belief that you go get the QB you want was consistent with the Bears' thinking... but that was way too much to give up to come up one pick.

That was Jerry Krause, when he was GM of the Bulls, always reaching for the sleeper guy to prove what a genius he was. I agree, I see a little of that with Pace. He wants all the athletic, high upside guys. That has been his first three first round picks. But that approach is very risky, and can blow up in your face. 

I'll give Flap credit in that his belief that you go get the QB you want was consistent with the Bears' thinking... but that was way too much to give up to come up one pick.
I'm much more concerned with the multiple risky picks he made. And with the fa signings.  If Trubisky succeeds, all will be forgotten, but I'm not that excited about the rest. 

That was Jerry Krause, when he was GM of the Bulls, always reaching for the sleeper guy to prove what a genius he was. I agree, I see a little of that with Pace. He wants all the athletic, high upside guys. That has been his first three first round picks. But that approach is very risky, and can blow up in your face. 
Very true 

In context, when you look at what the Chiefs and Texans gave up, or what the Rams gave up last year, it wasn't that much. The problem is that you probably didn't have to move up, so it was unnecessary. And I think they would have been just as well off with Mahomes later, or Kizer in the second. That is the sticking point for me. 

I'm sure he was afraid Shaheen might not fall to the fourth. Seems like he would have. I'd have taken the CB from Florida that Chris Ballard nabbed right after him. 

It does seem like he emphasized the makeup of guys he was picking. Liked the chip on the shoulder and football IQ comments about Cohen. 

From ESPN

Best move: If Mitchell Trubisky becomes the Bears franchise quarterback, general manager Ryan Pace will look like a genius for moving up one spot to take him. The Bears have been without a marquee quarterback since Sid Luckman in the 1940s. The Jay Cutler era is over, and fans want to move forward. Trubisky could be the missing piece, as long as he develops properly.

Riskiest move: Every … single … pick, including Trubisky. If Trubisky is a bust – he only started one year at North Carolina – Pace is toast. Second-round tight end Adam Shaheen played Division II. So did fifth-round guard Jordan Morgan. Chicago traded up for Alabama safety Eddie Jackson in Round 4, but he broke his leg last year. Later in the fourth round, Chicago drafted running back Tarik Cohen from FCS school North Carolina A&T. I’m going to lay down. -- Jeff Dickerson

Jeff Dickerson may be my most hated Bears writers. He absolutely hates the Bears and loves to see them fail so he can write that ####. Seriously, he is the freaking worst. I bet I could dig up his analysis from last year's draft and it sounded similar. 

Users who are viewing this thread