What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (18 Viewers)

Could that have been because he was working against some of the Titans 1st string players?

Also, I expect more scripting as we get into real games. 
I don't think that had anything to do with it. Tripped over lineman once. Made a poor pass onto coverage and another high.  After that, he settled in and started working. 

I don't think that had anything to do with it. Tripped over lineman once. Made a poor pass onto coverage and another high.  After that, he settled in and started working. 
I may be in the minority, but I didn't see a clear difference between Glennon and Trubisky. One thing I did notice is that Howard did not play in the second half. So, there may be a little less respect for the run game by Titans defense. 

With them both playing similarly, you can make the argument that Trubisky is ascending. And could/should get better. However, with the limited starts that Glennon has had, the same could be said for him as well. 

That's it? Just no? Ended last season in middle of pack and now have even more talent. Moving up a few spots is just :no:
Yep. lol

You didn't clarify your ranking? Overall defense? Scoring defense? YPG defense?

I look at the schedule and see Falcons, Saints, Packers (x2), Steelers, Bengals and see some teams that have talent and can put up points. That's without having a good idea how teams like the Vikings, Bucs, Panthers, and Ravens will perform this season. 

Regardless of who starts at QB, they are going to make mistakes and put the defense in bad situations.

Watching Lamar Houston's continued lack of concentration on 3rd or 4th downs won't help. 

I may be in the minority, but I didn't see a clear difference between Glennon and Trubisky. One thing I did notice is that Howard did not play in the second half. So, there may be a little less respect for the run game by Titans defense. 

With them both playing similarly, you can make the argument that Trubisky is ascending. And could/should get better. However, with the limited starts that Glennon has had, the same could be said for him as well. 
You didn't see a difference in Glennon and Trubisky? 

I saw good and bad by both. Again, Trubisky played a lot of time against #2 and #3's. 

Connor Shaw looked good too. Maybe we should give him time with the first team?
Not sure where you're going with the Connor Shaw talk. He's not going to make the team. And Trubisky played a lot with the 1s as well.  We'll have to agree to disagree on the Glennon/Trubisky comparisons.  We're way off each other. 

Not sure where you're going with the Connor Shaw talk. He's not going to make the team. And Trubisky played a lot with the 1s as well.  We'll have to agree to disagree on the Glennon/Trubisky comparisons.  We're way off each other. 
Agreed.

Did Shaw play well in your opinion? (although limited amount of time)

Starting defense has given up a total of 10 pts all preseason. The 1 TD was off a turnover. Unit has depth & big upside.
:no:   lol

It's the preseason. How many teams have gone 4-0 in the preseason only to flop in the regular season. I think you are putting way to much emphasis on these games. 

:no:   lol

It's the preseason. How many teams have gone 4-0 in the preseason only to flop in the regular season. I think you are putting way to much emphasis on these games. 
I'm putting emphasis on what I see on the field.  If I didn't, what's the point of even watching or playing preseason at all.  The "it's the preseason" justification can be used endlessly on every position on the team.  It's pointless. I didn't say they were the 85 Bears.  They manhandled one of the better OL in the league today and have dominated every game they've been in.   It couldn't be more obvious how much better they've become each year. 

Titans head coach Mike Mularkey to reporters: “[Akiem] Hicks is a load up front. We struggled getting double team blocks on him all day."

I'm putting emphasis on what I see on the field.  If I didn't, what's the point of even watching or playing preseason at all.  The "it's the preseason" justification can be used endlessly on every position on the team.  It's pointless. I didn't say they were the 85 Bears.  They manhandled one of the better OL in the league today and have dominated every game they've been in.   It couldn't be more obvious how much better they've become each year. 
I watched the entire game as well. I just don't see a big difference in play between Glennon and Trubisky. Both had good plays. I would argue that Glennons came with fresh #1's against fresh #1's early in the game. Maybe Trubisky needs to start to find out for certain. 

As I already mentioned, I feel like everyone is saying Trubisky is better because he is a rookie with limited time. But, if Glennon is doing just as well, how do you differentiate the two. And then the question becomes, is it worth starting Trubisky right away if you can let him learn this year (maybe let him start midway through the season) 

I watched the entire game as well. I just don't see a big difference in play between Glennon and Trubisky. Both had good plays. I would argue that Glennons came with fresh #1's against fresh #1's early in the game. Maybe Trubisky needs to start to find out for certain. 

As I already mentioned, I feel like everyone is saying Trubisky is better because he is a rookie with limited time. But, if Glennon is doing just as well, how do you differentiate the two. And then the question becomes, is it worth starting Trubisky right away if you can let him learn this year (maybe let him start midway through the season) 
Glennon looks woefully inaccurate and has no ability to throw the deep ball. Not mobile either. A bad combination of traits.  Even with limited playing time, Trubisky has shown he's already better than Mike.  And that gap will only widen with playing time. 

Trubisky's stats through 3 preseason games: 34/48, 354 yards, 3 TDs, 0 Ints, 112.67 passer rating

Either way, Glennon will be starting the regular season, but on a short leash.  Tony Gonzalez just said after the game he'd be starting Trubisky week one.  It seems like an easy decision to me. He's better. 

Link

As exciting as it would have been to see Trubisky start the season opener, the Bears never wanted that, especially not Pace. Remember, they only considered that possibility after opening competition at the position because Glennon was alarmingly bad early. Everything changed Sunday as order was restored. So forget about renaming it Lake Mitch-igan and tell all the Grabowskis calling for Trubisky to take a breath. The Bears needed Glennon to resemble an NFL quarterback against the Titans and he responded by reclaiming his spot on the depth chart — for now.
Meanwhile, Trubisky made the decision an easy one for Fox by reminding everybody he was a rookie as he ran the Bears' first-string offense to begin the second half. He missed his first target badly and sailed his second pass, though it hit Kevin White's inconsistent hands. On the next series, Trubisky lofted a pass into coverage that should have been intercepted and stumbled handing off and communicating. He still finished 10 of 15 for 128 yards and a passer rating of 115.4, but the deceiving numbers couldn't hide the hiccups.
One day soon, probably still in the 2017 season, those innate skills will make Trubisky the Bears' starter.

Haugh was singing Trubisky's praises last week and saying he should be the starter already. Now after Glennon has one good series and Trubisky starts out rough in his first couple series with guys he's barely played with, it's Glennon has made the decision easy and reclaimed his spot at the top!   Bears writers are such flip-floppers.  He'll being saying the opposite in a couple weeks.  Typical local guys in Chicago. 

This team is better than most people think.  The defense is definitely better than you think, KC, and you'll see it soon enough. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That TD pass to Gentry is exactly what the Bears need under center.  So clear. Glennon is taking this team nowhere. Trubisky will elevate the Bears, who are already ascending.  Keeping him on the bench accomplishes nothing. 

This team is better than most people think.  The defense is definitely better than you think, KC, and you'll see it soon enough. 
I'm not a Bears fan, and fully support the idea they have sucked bad for several years.

It may be preseason but the defense reminds me of the Jets from the early Rex days. It looks sick.

Trubisky looks legit and ready to play week 1, and he should.

The division outside GB is meh. The conference overall is meh. This team has a chance to surprise a lot of people this year. I think they outplay their odds and I put $100 on 75-1 to win the NFC.

Not a "look at me" post, but wanted you to know Flap, you're not alone in thinking this team may be finally turning the corner.

I always thought he was terrific with the Saints.
I didn't follow him any back then.  It's strange to see how he's dominating and on his third team already.  He's been great for the Bears. Huge addition.  Obviously, Pace scouted him. 

Let's just let it play out. You stop posting 3 times a day why Trubisky should be the starter and I'll stop responding to each of those posts with reasons why he shouldnt. I think our opinions and the qb controversy is well known. It even got GM's attention . :thumbup:

I don't like how I'm reading Titans Bears writeups and everyone is discarding Davis and Gentry. Many of you here too. Since when are the Bears so good that they can cut a WR because they are a no name guy? They also seemed to be the most in-sync with their QBs. If Gentry is Trubisky's boy, then keep him. Who cares which fifth WR is cut!

This is always the week that people forget their projections. YOU probably projected the fifth WR to get 100 yards for the YEAR. Chew on that a minute. 100 yards for the year.

Davis and Gentry seem more than capable of 100 yards.

The Bears get to give the QB "their boy" to throw to and maybe the guy develops. If not, it's not like it's going to be hard for them to find a 5th WR next offseason. 

I think it's crazy how y'all got the two consistently productive WRs off the team

I think whenever Mitch gets in there will be a good WR3 opportunity open up. It will be interesting to see who that is. White clearly hasn't grabbed the reins.

Every year WR come out of the woodwork - usually driven by need/opportunity of a guy in front of them getting hurt or disappointing.  Last year people were saying Cameron Who?  I think Titus Davis absolutely has the ability to be Cameron Who this year.  This is the NFL, they are all elite players at this point (Titus is Corey's brother too) so he has the physical tools.  Tyrell Williams, Tyreek Hill, AB, Doug Baldwin, Stefon Diggs, Julian Edelman, Rishard Matthews, Willie Snead are all past examples.  I am stashing Titus everywhere right now.

Every year WR come out of the woodwork - usually driven by need/opportunity of a guy in front of them getting hurt or disappointing.  Last year people were saying Cameron Who?  I think Titus Davis absolutely has the ability to be Cameron Who this year.  This is the NFL, they are all elite players at this point (Titus is Corey's brother too) so he has the physical tools.  Tyrell Williams, Tyreek Hill, AB, Doug Baldwin, Stefon Diggs, Julian Edelman, Rishard Matthews, Willie Snead are all past examples.  I am stashing Titus everywhere right now.
Why? Undrafted fa who hasn't played in regular season and retired last year. 

Once GM is aware of the ongoings, there's no reason to continue. 
:lmao:

Boys, boys....you're BOTH pretty.  

I drafted Mitch for the long term appeal.  I don't need nor do I want him to start right away, especially after the Bears lost their top WR.  Let Glennon start the season and once the Bears are 0-3, make the move to Mitch Money.  Secure a top draft pick, take some playmakers on WR, keep building up the OL and the defense and in a few years time, the Bears will ascend into the top of the NFC North while A-Aron begins his decline into mortality.  

General Malaise said:

I drafted Mitch for the long term appeal.  I don't need nor do I want him to start right away, especially after the Bears lost their top WR.  Let Glennon start the season and once the Bears are 0-3, make the move to Mitch Money.  Secure a top draft pick, take some playmakers on WR, keep building up the OL and the defense and in a few years time, the Bears will ascend into the top of the NFC North while A-Aron begins his decline into mortality.  
:goodposting: because you called me pretty.  :wub:

and I agree on bringing Trubisky along slowly. 

I don't know why everyone is hoping that Glennon fails. It's in everyone's best interest that he does well. I don't have high expectations for the Bears this year, but if they do its a bonus. If they don't, I'll be less disappointed and we get another high pick next year. People who say that Trubisky gives them a better chance to win. But win what? The Super Bowl? Trubiskey will get his starts this year so there's no reason to rush it. If he doesn't start, it means that Glennon is playing well and the Bears are winning. Realistically, all I expect this year is to see individual player improvement, but not enough to consider keeping Fox.

I don't know why everyone is hoping that Glennon fails. It's in everyone's best interest that he does well. I don't have high expectations for the Bears this year, but if they do its a bonus. If they don't, I'll be less disappointed and we get another high pick next year. People who say that Trubisky gives them a better chance to win. But win what? The Super Bowl? Trubiskey will get his starts this year so there's no reason to rush it. If he doesn't start, it means that Glennon is playing well and the Bears are winning. Realistically, all I expect this year is to see individual player improvement, but not enough to consider keeping Fox.
No one is hoping Glennon fails, guy.  

As much as I like Meredith's potential after last season's pleasant surprise, if he was that valuable, you don't f'n play him.

Loved Jeffery when Marshall was here but he was garbage after green cleats left.

Point is, we need to start drafting alpha receivers who are durable (subjective, yes).

Plenty of quality receivers behind Meredith; now they need to step it up.  Wright looked very good picking up third downs, but his downfall has always been Jeffery-type injuries.  It still seems like White is very tentative, but is starting to come around, just needs more "cawnfidence."

Cruz' flat drop (more like a chest bump) was disappointing.  Maybe he should quit hosting his podcast and put extra effort into his craft.

Always did like Dion Sims before the Dolphins turned him into an inline guy.

D looks solid (except third and longs, as usual, WTF?).

Frankly, IDGAF who the QB is, as long as they're scoring TDs instead of FGs and not turning the ball over.

Trubador looked shaky on a few plays (e.g., near-pick, near-fumble, poor play clock awareness), but overall shows promise and a nice deep touch that Bobblehead rarely showed.

Why not go with a Giraffe-Trub tandem?  Be innovative.  Forcing teams to game plan for two QBs makes it more difficult and confusing.  Selectively throwing Trub to the wolves allows him to gain valuable experience without making him hold a clipboard all season.

Where did I say start him in the 4th game? 
The post you quoted and gave good posting to did - see bolded below. The good posting emoji signifies agreement, does it not?

General Malaise said:

You let Glennon eat the majority of this season. Especially with Meredith out. Maybe Mitch starts the last couple games?

That's why they gave Mike the contract. "Here's a guaranteed $15M, go take a beating."

Then surround Trubisky with weapons next year. 

Im not even sure why it's a debate? I realize it's optimism season, but this team isn't going anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread