What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (9 Viewers)

Pace and this organization have managed to convince a large portion of the fan base that it's ok that they're still losing going onto his third year and we all need to "trust the process."  Meanwhile, the offense is in fat worse shape at the WR and TE position than when he arrived.  I guess only the Bears can justify losing for 7 straight years and have fans buy into it. 

Ahhh yes in the fine tradition of the Chicago Bears - a defense and the ability to run the ball. After all this time its really just the Chicago Bears. The odd thing about all this is when they run the ball they cannot seem to pass block or they have started suboptimal receivers. Like M*A*S*H reruns in syndication, we have seen this show before.

All the debates. All the speculation. All the hope. Its really the Chicago Bears - defense and run the ball. Bend don't break defense. Running backs gaining huge chunks of yardage. Hanging around for most of their games. A blown coverage or a bad turnover and they are forced to try to come back when trailing. Hard to make a comeback with a third string QB and receivers that are dropping balls in the red zone. In a short while, the inevitable injury bug will start to hit. Ohh that curse has already taken its toll. Its the Bears.

The value of this season will be in the potential development of the defense, the continued success of the running game and Mitch - if and when he gets a chance. I cannot see them trying to hang with the likes of the Vikings, Lions and GB this year and they are probably going to be swept in all of these games unless injuries hit. The Vikings are looking to be a solid contender to make a deep run. It will be competitive in the division for 3 of the teams.

Don't think this comes as a surprise to anyone. GMs come and go. Head coaches rotate in and out. Coordinators change all the time. Ownership has not changed and they just run the ball and try to be the best defense they can be. This is limiting in today's NFL. Pace now knows his role, come sit here little chap next to Virginia, grab a pink squirrel and know the golden rule around here - we sell tradition son - we run the ball and we play defense. This is why we rake in the millions and sell out our games. Have a hot dog or grab a beef sandwich and Bear down...

Not really...  I'd say from Kendall Wright's history with Loggains in TEN, Wright will probably be the one to have.  Until he gets injured, as usual.  From a previous long-time Wright owner.

Giraffe processes way too slowly to go downfield much.  Needs to install a clock in his head (1, 2, 3 (ball out or get pummeled)).

Update for bss: Bellamy has an ankle injury and was limited in practice today (one source said he DNP, which was false).

Last edited by a moderator:
Langford sighting: Signed with the Ravens to fill Woodhead's spot.  I kinda felt he was shafted and they didn't use him correctly here.  The Rams game from ~two years back was his zenith and showed his potential.  Not a downfield runner, but an off-tackle one-cutter and screen guy.

Langford sighting: Signed with the Ravens to fill Woodhead's spot.  I kinda felt he was shafted and they didn't use him correctly here.  The Rams game from ~two years back was his zenith and showed his potential.  Not a downfield runner, but an off-tackle one-cutter and screen guy.
Baltimore waived Langford today.

Rookie mistake.  Get away from the ball, kid.  Can't make a play every time.

If the Bears start 0-2 with the schedule they have upcoming, the season is over.  This was supposed to be a winnable game.  Pace and Fox should both be held accountable if this team finishes under 6 wins again. Third year into their tenure. 

If the Bears start 0-2 with the schedule they have upcoming, the season is over.  This was supposed to be a winnable game.  Pace and Fox should both be held accountable if this team finishes under 6 wins again. Third year into their tenure. 
You are the only person that had this as a winnable game. Or the Bears winning more than 6 games this year. 

You are the only person that had this as a winnable game. Or the Bears winning more than 6 games this year. 
Yeah, maybe I was the only one who didn't buy into the excuse that losing into their 3rd season was acceptable for Fox and Pace.  You guys seem to be fine with it, though. By all means, keep on losing. We'll give you another few years to start winning again.  

Yeah, maybe I was the only one who didn't buy into the excuse that losing into their 3rd season was acceptable for Fox and Pace.  You guys seem to be fine with it, though. By all means, keep on losing. We'll give you another few years to start winning again.  
What's your solution. Move from one coaching staff to the other every three years? Fox has taken multiple teams to the Super Bowl. He must know something. Who would you like them to hire?

"Rebuilding" is a bs excuse to losing. Plenty of examples of GMs and coaches coming in and winning within a couple years. Now going into year three and the team looks just as bad. No accountability 

"Rebuilding" is a bs excuse to losing. Plenty of examples of GMs and coaches coming in and winning within a couple years. Now going into year three and the team looks just as bad. No accountability 
Please show your work. There are plenty of examples of them failing as well. Just look at the Browns, Jets, Jags. 

Trubador time.  Enough of Giraffe, already.  The Bobblehead trifecta impersonation is complete:

INT

Lost fumble

Pick-6

Please show your work. There are plenty of examples of them failing as well. Just look at the Browns, Jets, Jags. 
Of course many have failed as well. Doesn't excuse what's happening with the Bears. I don't need to go back over last 10 years and show you how many GMs and coaches have turned a losing organization around in the first two years. The Bears may actually be worse in year 3

Fox is a pretty bad coach. We all know that by now.  Team usually looks unprepared. But the ROSTER is on Pace. He's built this roster.  No one wants to hear his bs about "trust the process" anymore. No one trusts it. The team is pathetic 

Of course many have failed as well. Doesn't excuse what's happening with the Bears. I don't need to go back over last 10 years and show you how many GMs and coaches have turned a losing organization around in the first two years. The Bears may actually be worse in year 3
Yeah, but your statement is just "grass is always greener". It's not easy to win in the NFL. Every time we change GM, we change head coach. Every time we change head coach, we change coordinators. Every time you change coordinators, you change schemes. Due to contracts you can't just change players that quickly. Therefor you end up sucking for awhile. 

"Glennon is not a bad quarterback."

-**** Stockton

LOL.

Yeah, but your statement is just "grass is always greener". It's not easy to win in the NFL. Every time we change GM, we change head coach. Every time we change head coach, we change coordinators. Every time you change coordinators, you change schemes. Due to contracts you can't just change players that quickly. Therefor you end up sucking for awhile. 
I don't disagree with any of this. 

Nope. We need to have a top 5 OL (and depth) first. Work on Defense through free agency and 2019 draft. 
When Long comes back and having Whitehair at center and Sutton at guard, we still have a solid interior OL. They just extended Leno. That only leaves RT that would address in draft or FA.  The OL need won't be near the top for what they go after, whether we think it should be or not. 

This team just might be worse than what we saw last year. Whoever made the decision to bring this third stringer in to start at QB has no business in the NFL. This is hard to put into words. It's hard to imagine this team winning 3 games with no receivers, the injury curse and Glennon at the helm. 

This team just might be worse than what we saw last year. Whoever made the decision to bring this third stringer in to start at QB has no business in the NFL. This is hard to put into words. It's hard to imagine this team winning 3 games with no receivers, the injury curse and Glennon at the helm. 
That would be Pace.  Glennon is Pace's boy and this is Pace's team.  Now, he's put a terrible product on the field for three straight years. How much benefit of the doubt does he get? 

That would be Pace.  Glennon is Pace's boy and this is Pace's team.  Now, he's put a terrible product on the field for three straight years. How much benefit of the doubt does he get? 
I was invisible for all of free agency but there is no excuse for this move. I am at a total loss and can no longer formulate words to describe this organization. 

Wow, a turnover sighted.  Too bad we continue to try the lateral plays instead of going vertical.

Put Trub in.  Might as well get him some time in there so he can get used to the adversity.

I mean, really, did the defense do any preparation whatsoever?  Pass D continually giving up first downs on thirds.  Not that it's anything new.

Users who are viewing this thread