What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (18 Viewers)

Asked if they'll think about Trubisky next week. "Uhh no. Haven't looked at the tape yet but you can't pin all that on the QB." ~John Fox

Last week I was ok with Giraffe, even though it was clear he's a game manager.  This week I'm not.  Cut him.  Not even bench him.  Cut him.

Give Trub the reins and get Connor Shaw back.  Let Butt Fumbler tutor him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last week I was ok with Giraffe, even though it was clear he's a game manager.  This week I'm not.  Cut him.  Not even bench him.  Cut him.

Give Trub the reins and get Connor Shaw back.  Let Butt Fumbler tutor him.
They don't have the brains for this. 

Jordan Howard declined to speak to reporters & left the stadium with his right arm in a sling. He came into the game with a shoulder issue.

“I don’t think the loss is all about the quarterback.” — #Bears coach John Fox
If it wasn't so asinine I would swear this was fake news.   But considering it's Fox speaking, I can only just laugh and wonder what game he was watching.   

Unless he was referring to the coaching staff as a significant factor.   Then maybe he is on to something...

At least I have my Boilermakers (the collegiate kind, not the drink which I think I need after this game).

You guys really want to run Trubisky out there with that group of weapons? 

Obviously the turnovers were a big issue, but other than that Glennon looked pretty good.  He was really accurate outside of a few throws.  There must have been at least 5 drops as well.

“I don’t think the loss is all about the quarterback.” — #Bears coach John Fox
Actually I think he is right. Glennon was very poor, but so was the Bears offensive line. The Bears are starting people at WR that wouldn't even make any other teams. The Bears don't have anything at TE. So, bringing in Trubisky isn't going to make the receivers any better. Trubisky isn't going to improve the offensive line. So the problems extend well beyond the QB position. 

I think the Bears should fire Fox and make Fangio the interim coach. Just move on.

I've decided to root for a new team (along with the Bears). I used the following criteria:

Can't be a team in the NFC North. Can't be a team in the NFC. Can't be an AFC team that plays the Bears this season. Has to be an AFC team that has a chance to win games (I already root for a losing team). It can't be the Dolphins (Cutler). It can't be the Colts (Super Bowl loss still hurts). I hate the Patriots already, so they're out. It shouldn't be a team that has won a Super Bowl in the last decade. That leaves us with the Texans, Titans, and Chiefs. 

Let's Go Chiefs. (my username fits too) 

Actually I think he is right. Glennon was very poor, but so was the Bears offensive line. The Bears are starting people at WR that wouldn't even make any other teams. The Bears don't have anything at TE. So, bringing in Trubisky isn't going to make the receivers any better. Trubisky isn't going to improve the offensive line. So the problems extend well beyond the QB position. 

I think the Bears should fire Fox and make Fangio the interim coach. Just move on.
Where's our 2nd round pick? 

You guys really want to run Trubisky out there with that group of weapons? 

Obviously the turnovers were a big issue, but other than that Glennon looked pretty good.  He was really accurate outside of a few throws.  There must have been at least 5 drops as well.
Glennon looked pretty good? You're in some alternate universe. Nothing about Glennon looked remotely good. What on Earth were you watching? 

Jay got his first win as a Dolphin, looking as strong and athletic as ever.  Very happy for him and I'll be following the Dolphins a lot this season.  Yet another #### show in Chicago with absolutely no clue how to manage a team and organization.  

Glennon looked pretty good? You're in some alternate universe. Nothing about Glennon looked remotely good. What on Earth were you watching? 
Outside of the turnovers, two of which I don't know if you can pin on him directly, yeah I thought he looked ok.

The first pick the TE didn't get his head around.  Sack/fumble is on the line.  He was carving the Bucs up with garbage at WR.  The turnover that killed you was Cohen's fumble.  The pick 6 just sealed it.

But, I've always had a soft spot for the guy.  I hope your franchise can turn it around.  I know what it's like to suffer through losing.

I can't wrap my mind around what you're saying about his play today.  Sadly, I don't see them turning anything around anytime soon. 3 years in and still holes all over the team. I'm guessing another HC next year.  So many of us said he should've been fired last year. He wasn't. Now, just more embarrassment.  Pace will keep his job because he's the GM, but he shouldn't get a free pass.  The team stinks.  You don't get 10 years to build a team in the NFL.  After what I've witnessed over the first two games, this team will be lucky to get to 5 wins.  Gase has more wins in one season and than Fox has had in over two.  Cutty looking great today.  I hate this organization. Pathetic 

Outside of the Hicks and Sitton signings, what has Pace succeeded on in FA?  His first draft was a flop. Hired a terrible HC and is headed for 6 wins or less in each of his first 3 seasons.  Had a good draft last year.  We don't know about this one yet.  I'm sorry but I don't automatically buy into what Pace and George are selling.   They're not winning any games and got embarrassed today like they did under Emery and Trestman.   

Bears lost their last two '16 games by combined 48 pts. Add in 26 today, 6 last Sunday & that's a combined 80 points in 4 games. Trust the process, though. No thanks

Now I know what other fans from the Panthers and Broncos were feeling for all those years when they said Fox sucks.

I hope season ticket holders either sell their tickets to opposing fans, don't go at all or boo them constantly.

0-16.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I know what other fans from the Panthers and Broncos were feeling for all those years when they said Fox sucks.

I hope season ticket holders either sell their tickets to opposing fans, don't go at all or boo them constantly.
McCaskeys don't care.  Ticket sales are a very small part of revenue. They'll never feel it. 

Not about hurting them financially.  All about not supporting them due to mismanagement and poor execution.
I'm just saying I don't think they really care what the fans say. They're making tons of money. Haven't been good consistently in decades. 

He's a rookie that came from a D3 program. He is at least two years from producing, I would believe.
So it was a DUMB pick in the second round. You're supposed to get contributors there. Not coin flip projects. 

At least you can get a cheap ticket and sit where ever you want.
This is just a sport and entertainment after all... sounds like it could be a neat thing to do with the kids. Unless you take the NFL way too seriously. Then might want to go alone. Or just don't go... blood pressure might get too high

Users who are viewing this thread