What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (14 Viewers)

Max Power said:
Excited for the Rams game.  No doubt they are a good team, but their schedule hasn't been that tough.  I think the Bears will be able to hang and could pull off a win at home. 

Rooting for KC to take it to them tonight.
As I was saying, they can beat the Rams. 

Khalil Mack is on pace for 52 tackles, 16 sacks, 10 fumbles forced

If you just take the games he was healthy he would be on pace for 64 tackles, 21 sacks, 13 fumbles forced 

Trust me, points were missed. Even in your recent reply you totally ignored the salary cap when talking about matching Mack's value. People are trying to over simplify/minimize some of the consequences of this trade.
What's that buddy? I don't blame you for staying out of here. 

What's that buddy? I don't blame you for staying out of here. 
Such a DB. Do you want me to bump this every time something bad happens?  You'll just cry again for me to leave. I was only in here to discuss a trade. I never actually planned to be a regular in here (I got no beef with Chicago, nor any interest in Chicago). If you keep begging like a little bia, you just might annoy me into doing so and trust me... that will not go well for you (Trubisky is still very capable of losing games. He might be leading the league in dropped interceptions.). While that would be funny, I don't actually want to piss off the other innocent fans.

Gave the numbers a few days ago. Between what the Bears gave up and what they received, it's equivalent to the 17th pick in one draft on the value chart of draft picks. I'd say that's worth Khalil Mack. Pace is a genius. 

Such a DB. Do you want me to bump this every time something bad happens?  You'll just cry again for me to leave. I was only in here to discuss a trade. I never actually planned to be a regular in here (I got no beef with Chicago, nor any interest in Chicago). If you keep begging like a little bia, you just might annoy me into doing so and trust me... that will not go well for you (Trubisky is still very capable of losing games. He might be leading the league in dropped interceptions.). While that would be funny, I don't actually want to piss off the other innocent fans.
You can just admit you were wayyyyy off on the trade assessment and retire back to your dojo.  

You can just admit you were wayyyyy off on the trade assessment and retire back to your dojo.  
Nah, it remains a bad policy to trade away early draft picks just to sign a guy to top free agent money. You and DB#1 are short-sightedly only looking at a few games while my evaluation of this trade encompassed the long term impact.

Bears coach Matt Nagy said Mitchell Trubisky (shoulder) is "day to day."

ESPN's Adam Schefter just reported the Bears are "optimistic" Trubisky will play on Thanksgiving, but Nagy did not sound as sunny during his press conference. While he ruled out a long-term injury, the coach said Trubisky is "in pain" and unlikely to practice on Tuesday. Trubisky looks legitimately questionable at this point. Chase Daniel is the backup in Chicago.

Source: Brad Biggs on Twitter
Uh oh.  Hope it's nothing.  Chase is probably underrated though.  He knows the offense well if needed. 

Gustavo Fring said:
Guys like him don't admit they were wrong.  It's not in their DNA. They talk around the issue and eventually disappear into the wilderness. Their initial condescending tone becomes a whisper and then silence.  It's fine to roll up anywhere and talk ####.  We're all big boys.  But then to get defensive and not come clean when you were dead wrong is weak. 

Last edited by a moderator:
flapgreen said:
Gave the numbers a few days ago. Between what the Bears gave up and what they received, it's equivalent to the 17th pick in one draft on the value chart of draft picks. I'd say that's worth Khalil Mack. Pace is a genius. 
@FF Ninja WEAK! 

FF Ninja said:
Nah, it remains a bad policy to trade away early draft picks just to sign a guy to top free agent money. You and DB#1 are short-sightedly only looking at a few games while my evaluation of this trade encompassed the long term impact.
Thing is long term in the NFL is really not that long (2-4 years). Windows close fast and props to the Bears for making the aggressive move and believing in their team. Initially I thought it was the wrong play but I have been proven wrong. This team is competing right now. Even though they are not the favorite to win the Super Bowl they are a top 3-4 team in the NFC so they have a shot to get there. They have talent on both sides of the ball and are betting on their young QB improving. So far they are right. 

Thing is long term in the NFL is really not that long (2-4 years). Windows close fast and props to the Bears for making the aggressive move and believing in their team. Initially I thought it was the wrong play but I have been proven wrong. This team is competing right now. Even though they are not the favorite to win the Super Bowl they are a top 3-4 team in the NFC so they have a shot to get there. They have talent on both sides of the ball and are betting on their young QB improving. So far they are right. 
Here's a guy that gets it. The Bears went 3 years building through the draft a barely spending any money, which I'm sure Ninja boy has no clue about. Then, after building a foundation, they spent big in the 4th year and it's worked out perfectly.  As I stated earlier, after the picks and exchanges all shake out, the Bears will have traded the equivalent of the 17th pick in the draft for the best pass rusher in football and a likely future hall of famer. It's so easy to see now. 

I'll admit I was a huge skeptic a couple years ago when Pace wasn't spending any money and the Bears were terrible.  I have Pace a ton of ####. Tons of cap space and low on talent and he wouldn't spend. How wrong I was. Guy is a genius and should win GM of the year. 

I agree it's only 2-4 years, but these fair weather fans in here (only a couple of them really) are only looking at 2-4 games. I mean the one... character... has flip flopped on this team several times already this season (I recall a thread title along the lines of "still a team of losers" not long ago). You can't have a rational conversation with someone who knows so little yet is so emotional. It's like having a conversation with a toddler. As for your points, yes, this trade has given them some juice this season. Mack is a top talent. I think everyone expected it to give them a bump. However, while Trubisky is putting up fantasy points he's still making a lot of mistakes. He's gotten lucky a lot with dropped interceptions, but with these constant mistakes he doesn't look like a super bowl QB. If the team was just trying to make the playoffs then people can call Pace a genius. He sacrificed the future to land a single playoff berth. Excellent job. Maybe he can hire Marvin Lewis and string together a nice, long run of wildcard losses. Will the fair weather fans will keep calling him a genius?

This isn't to say that Trubisky can't improve, but Pace got impatient. He should've just waited for Trubisky to develop and then make a splash signing for 2019. He'd have an extra 1st round pick to surround Trubisky with more talent that way. I don't think anyone is expecting the Bears to make a meaningful playoff push. I mean, they recently lost to Osweiller. 

I got no beef with the Bears or their fans. I just think as a general rule it's a bad move to trade a valuable pick for a player in a contract year unless you are legitimately in a win-now situation. I know the talking heads will always approve splash moves like that, but unless the trade moves a playoff team to super bowl favorite, I don't think it is advisable. Moving a fringe team into wild card territory just isn't worth the cost.  But if the 2007 Giants have taught us anything, it's that even mediocre teams can win the super bowl... but I wouldn't bet on it. IMO, the Bears were potentially an up and coming team that pushed their chips in a season or two early. They should've waited to see how Trubisky fared in his second season before pulling that trigger.

Finally, I don't see how a GM who hired John Fox can ever get the benefit of the doubt. If anything, it should bring a degree of skepticism to every single move he makes going forward. It definitely removes the possibility of ever being described as a genius. So I'd suggest a degree of skepticism about anyone's opinion who labels him a genius.  :P

Cautiously optimistic but not making any promises is what the coach said. Doubt we know anything until tomorrow morning.  I'd bet on him playing. 
I have not heard anything on the specifics of the injury.  Can he aggravate it by playing with it?  Is he vulnerable to greater risk of injury?  Is there risk that it could linger all year?

I agree it's only 2-4 years, but these fair weather fans in here (only a couple of them really) are only looking at 2-4 games. I mean the one... character... has flip flopped on this team several times already this season (I recall a thread title along the lines of "still a team of losers" not long ago). You can't have a rational conversation with someone who knows so little yet is so emotional. It's like having a conversation with a toddler. As for your points, yes, this trade has given them some juice this season. Mack is a top talent. I think everyone expected it to give them a bump. However, while Trubisky is putting up fantasy points he's still making a lot of mistakes. He's gotten lucky a lot with dropped interceptions, but with these constant mistakes he doesn't look like a super bowl QB. If the team was just trying to make the playoffs then people can call Pace a genius. He sacrificed the future to land a single playoff berth. Excellent job. Maybe he can hire Marvin Lewis and string together a nice, long run of wildcard losses. Will the fair weather fans will keep calling him a genius?

This isn't to say that Trubisky can't improve, but Pace got impatient. He should've just waited for Trubisky to develop and then make a splash signing for 2019. He'd have an extra 1st round pick to surround Trubisky with more talent that way. I don't think anyone is expecting the Bears to make a meaningful playoff push. I mean, they recently lost to Osweiller. 

I got no beef with the Bears or their fans. I just think as a general rule it's a bad move to trade a valuable pick for a player in a contract year unless you are legitimately in a win-now situation. I know the talking heads will always approve splash moves like that, but unless the trade moves a playoff team to super bowl favorite, I don't think it is advisable. Moving a fringe team into wild card territory just isn't worth the cost.  But if the 2007 Giants have taught us anything, it's that even mediocre teams can win the super bowl... but I wouldn't bet on it. IMO, the Bears were potentially an up and coming team that pushed their chips in a season or two early. They should've waited to see how Trubisky fared in his second season before pulling that trigger.

Finally, I don't see how a GM who hired John Fox can ever get the benefit of the doubt. If anything, it should bring a degree of skepticism to every single move he makes going forward. It definitely removes the possibility of ever being described as a genius. So I'd suggest a degree of skepticism about anyone's opinion who labels him a genius.  :P
Stop trying to justify your awful take on the trade. Everybody has seen the leap this team has made. Just admit you were wrong and move on instead of insulting real fans that know much more than you. You’re coming off like a fool. 

Stop trying to justify your awful take on the trade. Everybody has seen the leap this team has made. Just admit you were wrong and move on instead of insulting real fans that know much more than you. You’re coming off like a fool. 
Unpopular opinion =/= wrong opinion

He doesn't have it in him. Reminds me of a random sports analyst who knows nothing about the situation he's professing to know about. They never go back and admit when they're wrong. Just keep hedging and eventually disappear altogether. 

Chase likely to start tomorrow. 
Damn, I don't know if we beat the Lions in Detroit with Chase starting.  I just don't think he's that good and the Lions, while they have their issues are still a professional football team who have beat the Pats and Panthers so far this year.  I really want this game too, a win here starts to put our foot on the division throat.

Daniel knows the offense as well as Nagy does.  He’s like Allstate.  Maybe he’ll get Burton the dayum ball.

It’s amazing that with all the improvements in helmet technology over the last decade we still have concussions.  Guess they need to work on that some more.

Shaheen & Lynch still concussed.

Do the WRs have any value with Chase starting? My receivers are awful and I was considering Miller. 
Crap shoot for sure, as we only saw him in preseason.  I dropped Miller for Coutee since I’m in a PPR league.  Expecting a run-heavy offense unless we fall behind big.

Then again, we’ve expected a heavy run game a lot recently and it was only a thing in the BUF game.

Crap shoot for sure, as we only saw him in preseason.  I dropped Miller for Coutee since I’m in a PPR league.  Expecting a run-heavy offense unless we fall behind big.

Then again, we’ve expected a heavy run game a lot recently and it was only a thing in the BUF game.
Hard to imagine them running heavy. As you stated, it's barely happened all year. 

Should not be a catch; punched out too soon.

Bunch of crap.

Horrible tackling.  Blount hasn’t done jack all year and we magically give up our first rushing TD to him being an RB.  Fix is in.

Wait wait why the hell didn't we take a TO with 20 seconds to at least get a chance to return a punt?  We just gave them a chance for a hail Mary. WTF is Nagy doing?

Wait wait why the hell didn't we take a TO with 20 seconds to at least get a chance to return a punt?  We just gave them a chance for a hail Mary. WTF is Nagy doing?
Agreed again.  Give Cohen a chance to return it.  Anyway, I’ll take that sack.

Users who are viewing this thread