What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (18 Viewers)

why overpay for the position in the draft? don't burn 1.3 on a QB when none are worth a R1 grade but especially so when you have your designated starter in house. Look at R3-5 for a potential starter. 
I am with you on this. They don't have the luxury to reach for a first round QB project because based on most reports, that's what the QB's being discussed at #3 are at this point. I am good with a second round project though if somehow one of them falls. 

But hey...change because.....change!

An idiot on NFL Network just said Glennon should have done better having Mike Evans to throw to. He hit the guy for 68-1051  and 12 TDs on  a craptastic team and Evans was a rookie.  I guess it should have been 145-1800-24 TDs.

why overpay for the position in the draft? don't burn 1.3 on a QB when none are worth a R1 grade but especially so when you have your designated starter in house. Look at R3-5 for a potential starter. 
What if Kizer were to fall to the 2nd?  Not a strong combine and questionable decision making could scare a few teams.   

I would be okay burning a 2nd, but not sure anything but projects are available past that point - the Bears are not good at developing QB's and the questions surrounding the future of the coaching staff make any QB in the mid rounds sketchy at best....

Edit: Although not a Homer, I live 15 minuets from Notre Dame, so have seen enough of Kizer to be intrigued if not sold 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
Who said there are no qbs worth a first round pick, except people writing articles? The organizations aren't saying this stuff. None of us can say it's reaching if those guys get drafted there.  Getting a long-term starter at qb from round 3-5 is 1 out of 100 proposition. That's why this team has been a failure for so many decades. It's a loser mentality. Wait and hope we get lucky. Glennon isn't a long-term starter. That's why it's essentially a 1 year deal. There's a reason very few good qbs are taken outside of the first round.   It's because they rarely amount to anything.  Waiting until later this year will be just another loser move in an organization that's made an endless amount of them over their history. Joke of the league now. 

What if Kizer were to fall to the 2nd?  Not a strong combine and questionable decision making could scare a few teams.   

I would be okay burning a 2nd, but not sure anything other than projects are available past that point - the Bears are not good at developing QB's and the questions surrounding the future of the coaching staff make any QB in the mid rounds sketchy at best....
That is never going to happen. None of the top 3 are falling to the second, and waiting for them to do so would be a horrible strategy

I would be okay burning a 2nd, but not sure anything other than projects are available past that point - the Bears are not good at developing QB's and the questions surrounding the future of the coaching staff make any QB in the mid rounds sketchy at best....
i wouldn't touch Kizer in R1. I would give him a hard look late in R2, however.  as far as the Bears now being good at developing QBs, I'm not sure if that is true for this regime. Fox and Loggains have been dealing with Cutler, Barkley, etc. We don't know what they're capable of. 

I am with you on this. They don't have the luxury to reach for a first round QB project because based on most reports, that's what the QB's being discussed at #3 are at this point. I am good with a second round project though if somehow one of them falls. 

But hey...change because.....change!
The "reports" are garbage.   Change because change if you need a qb? That doesn't even make any sense.  Team is at the bottom of the league and desperately need a star qb. Waiting until the second will produce nothing but more years of failure or mediocrity at best. 

That is never going to happen. None of the top 3 are falling to the second, and waiting for them to do so would be a horrible strategy
Then so be it.    Don't draft a QB at #3.   Jimmy G and probably Cousins will be available next year.

The Bears do not need to force the issue...

And I still think Kizer could fall....

i wouldn't touch Kizer in R1. I would give him a hard look late in R2, however.  as far as the Bears now being good at developing QBs, I'm not sure if that is true for this regime. Fox and Loggains have been dealing with Cutler, Barkley, etc. We don't know what they're capable of. 
Good thing you're not a GM. He will be long gone by round 2 and the rest of the GMs would be laughing at you thinking he would fall there

Then so be it.    Don't draft a QB at #3.   Jimmy G and probably Cousins will be available next year.

The Bears do not need to force the issue...

And I still think Kizer could fall....
You're not a qb evaluator. Neither am I. If Pace likes one of these guys and doesn't take him because of Glennon, that's an awful mistake. That's what I'm saying.  And it wouldn't surprise me if that happened. Everyone knows Glennon. Some good things. A lot of limitations. Been on the bench 2 years. If Pace bets his job on Glennon, he'll end up jobless. 

Good thing you're not a GM. He will be long gone by round 2 and the rest of the GMs would be laughing at you thinking he would fall there
i wouldn't expect him to be there in R2. let other teams let their desperation drive their decsionmaking. the bears have too many holes to fill to act in desperation. this is especially the case when premium free agents aren't even going to come around. that means you are beholden to building through the draft and where you've some success under Pace. your QB position is stable for now. get that QB that has potential but comes from one of those garbage spread offenses. let him learn. or wait until next year when there is a new batch of QBs in the FA market. or the bumper crop of quality QB in the draft.

your frustration, flap, leads to desperation and bad decisions. look at this team. it's a turnaround project at almost every position.

Believe me, many changes need to be made. I get that. But screaming they aren't making moves just because they have money is short sighted. It makes little impact, Imo, and you're very likely to overpay on a bad contract you're locked into. So you're compounding mistakes. 

Reaching for a player just because we have Mike ####### Glennon at qb is just as bad. You need a stud at 3. Not a "hope it works out" pick. You do that when you already have talent or in later rounds. I think it's safe to say they lack talent across the board. 

I love the passion you bring and I am equally disgusted. I just disagree in the approach to fix the team. I think Pace has had a few good to really good drafts after years of ####. The cupboard is bare. I'd like to see another good draft and next year supplement with free agents. Let some of last year's class take the next step. See who people cut and grab another Sitton type player and hope for health. Take some flyers on potential upside (thought Pryor would have fit this mold so a little disappointed with the lack of signing him too for that reason). 

In the meantime I think it's pointless to overpay on players who won't be huge different makers next season just because. 

Anybody that doesn't think Watson is worth the 3 pick is flat out wrong. That guys potential is thru the roof and his combine was all around close to perfect. 

Believe me, many changes need to be made. I get that. But screaming they aren't making moves just because they have money is short sighted. It makes little impact, Imo, and you're very likely to overpay on a bad contract you're locked into. So you're compounding mistakes. 
You haven't been paying attention if you haven't seen most of these contracts are all being set up to make it easy to get out of early. You can basically be taking a lot of these guys who are better players than what you currently have for one year flyers, see what happens. 

You haven't been paying attention if you haven't seen most of these contracts are all being set up to make it easy to get out of early. You can basically be taking a lot of these guys who are better players than what you currently have for one year flyers, see what happens. 
And most are incentive laden. Are free agents really going to roll the dice on hitting those on this team? With Glennon???

No. So you get people like Wheaton. They have more of a chance to stand out / get their career back on track because they will just have an opportunity to play that most teams won't provide.  

Gilmore basically knew he was going to get paid, I think if there was a choice between Chicago and NE, he knew where he was going.

And Alshon was never staying here, he wanted out of Chicago.

I would have loved to get AJ Bouye, but if Pace thinks he can draft a couple corners, + the Amukamara signing, then OK.

As for Pryor... He could have at 32 mil / 4 years with the Browns but opted to sign with the Redskins on a 8 mil / 1 year deal to prove that he was worth more. He was never coming to Chicago because he knew with the situation here, he could not prove anything.

Now Glennon is where I'm concerned - I don't particularly like or dislike the signing, I think it was necessary given the circumstances. He will just be a bridge guy that is hopefully serviceable. What I am concerned about is Pace having 3 years to find a QB and hasn't done #### in that regard.

I do like the Demps pick-up.

Gilmore basically knew he was going to get paid, I think if there was a choice between Chicago and NE, he knew where he was going.

I would have loved to get AJ Bouye, but if Pace thinks he can draft a couple corners, + the Amukamara signing, then OK.

As for Pryor... He could have at 32 mil / 4 years with the Browns but opted to sign with the Redskins on a 8 mil / 1 year deal to prove that he was worth more. He was never coming to Chicago because he knew with the situation here, he could not prove anything.

Now Glennon is where I'm concerned - I don't particularly like or dislike the signing, I think it was necessary given the circumstances. He will just be a bridge guy that is hopefully serviceable. What I am concerned about is Pace having 3 years to find a QB and hasn't done #### in that regard.

You have no idea what Pryor would've done if we offered a nice multi year deal. He didn't take the Browns offer because he wanted to see what he could get in FA. As far as I'm concerned he proved he's legit last year and will only get better. No reason we couldn't give him a multi year, front loaded deal. 

And no excuse for not offering Bouye or Ryan the same. Saying Pace will just draft some corners plus Prince isn't ok.  That's not a solution. 

You have no idea what Pryor would've done if we offered a nice multi year deal. He didn't take the Browns offer because he wanted to see what he could get in FA. As far as I'm concerned he proved he's legit last year and will only get better. No reason we couldn't give him a multi year, front loaded deal. 

And no excuse for not offering Bouye or Ryan the same. Saying Pace will just draft some corners plus Prince isn't ok.  That's not a solution. 
You make good points. Perhaps Pace was concerned Pryor turns 28 in June, who knows.

I agree on Bouye, would have loved to see him in a Bears. As for Logan Ryan, he is a bit of a gamble IMO - what can he do outside of the NE system?

Personally I think Prince is pretty good but we shall see.

When Pace says " we look up and down our roster and find areas to improve it" Belichick actually does that. Amazing

One of the only people  I've seen who tried to justify the last 2 days as a good thing.  Literally no one out there thinks the Bears did well. It was a complete disaster. Incompetence at the highest level. Pace got owned and has no way to look like anything but a lying fool now. 

This is sad even for the Bears. And that's saying a lot. A team that has gotten worse going into 3rd year of a new GM.  Not signing bad contracts like last GM. Just not signing any at all. This organization just finds different ways to lose. Now they have no qb and will probably be putting their faith in a guy who hasn't started in 2 years and not even bother to draft one high. 

Twist it any way you want. The team got worse in its second season and will probably be even worse in its third. The excuse that it's a rebuild no longer applies. Dark years ahead. 

One of the only people  I've seen who tried to justify the last 2 days as a good thing.  Literally no one out there thinks the Bears did well. It was a complete disaster. Incompetence at the highest level. Pace got owned and has no way to look like anything but a lying fool now. 
Please don't speak for everyone. There may be others that are ok with the direction of the last two days, but don't feel like posting it here to ignite another one of your rants. 

Please don't speak for everyone. There may be others that are ok with the direction of the last two days, but don't feel like posting it here to ignite another one of your rants. 
Stop. Nobody that cares about this team can justify being ok with the last two days. That's just dumb. 

It just sucks when your team has cash and let's good players walk and doesn't bring in any impact players.  End of story.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Cornerback Marcus Cooper is in Chicago visiting Bears. He's been linked to Jets, and Steelers have been in contact, too.

Limp Ditka said:
The $14 million from the Eagles puts Jeffery back in the top 5 for 2017 WR salaries and people are #####ing about him leaving. Its crazy talk.

Maybe the most ignorant, ill-informed fan base out there.
Have you actually seen the deal Jeffery got?  It's a complete steal for the Eagles.  Only have one year to "worry" about him.  It's not a full guaranteed $14M and a decent amount is incentive based.  Basically Jeffery is betting on himself to play well and get a huge deal after this year.

I think your hatred of Jeffery has blinded you.

Have you actually seen the deal Jeffery got?  It's a complete steal for the Eagles.  Only have one year to "worry" about him.  It's not a full guaranteed $14M and a decent amount is incentive based.  Basically Jeffery is betting on himself to play well and get a huge deal after this year.

I think your hatred of Jeffery has blinded you.
He doesn't know much about anything. 

If signing Glennon, a guy who hasn't started a game in over two years, affects where they draft a qb, then Pace has been full of #### and a liar all along.  Will leave the Bears in shambles like the last guy.  He's a young GM and got totally owned during FA this year.  I'll see if he's the kind of guy who learns from his mistakes or just another John Fox. 

flapgreen said:
I'm about ranted out. I'm done. 
:goodposting:

RBM said:
Stop. Nobody that cares about this team can justify being ok with the last two days. That's just dumb. 
Why aren't you guys GM's and coaches? You must have great jobs, with great salaries. It's so simple to sit behind keyboard and question what you don't understand. I'm sure everyone thought Cutler was going to lead us to a  Super Bowl (he got close), but now people can't wait for him to get out of town. Why? Did something change? If a player can change for the worse, why can't he change for the better. Why can't Mike Glennon perform at a high level with the Bears? Compared to the qb prospects in the draft, he has more (all be it limited) NFL starts under his belt. There have been dozens of QB's taken in the early rounds that have turned out to be busts. And this year doesn't have a great crop of QB's. 

Why did Alshon take a lesser deal with the Eagles? I'm sure he's betting on himself to get a bigger contract next year. In order to do that, he will have to play through injuries. He didn't do that with the Bears last year (when a new contract was on the line). I wouldn't bet he could do it this year. He also went to a team with a better QB situation. There was no reason for him to take the same offer from the Bears. The Franchise Tag would have earned him more for 2017 and he still could have walked next season. He didn't want to be here.

We don't know how many other players passed on Bears offers. If it that's the case, then Pace is doing the best he can, with what he has. Overpaying players for the sake of making internet posters happy is not a winning solution. Worst case scenario, there is two more losing seasons. The Bears have high draft picks and cap space in the cupboard when Pace and Fox are let go. This means the next regime is not hamstrung with a bunch of overpriced free agent contracts to deal with. But, be careful what you wish for. If Glennon is worst than Cutler, then who knows who will be the new GM/Coach.

The way I see it, defending my team is a much harder thing to do than what you guys are doing. Supporting a team only when they are winning is nothing but a band wagon fan. There are plenty of other teams to follow. I would suggest you jump on the Patriots for the next few years. Because outside of that, every other team is struggling to win Super Bowls year after year. (Panthers, Seahawks, Packers, Cowboys, etc, etc, etc).

Bear Down.

I know that the majority of Bears fans are very let down with free agency so far, I know I am.  We are not the only ones upset though.  I know Vikings fans are not all that pleased with what they're doing as well.  I'm sure there are other teams too.  It's just part of the off season.  Once this is over I'll take a better look at the players and their deals and most likely it won't be as bad as I initially though.  Then there's the draft.  If they have a strong draft the will change a lot of opinions.

Every year there are teams that "win" free agency and they suck.  The Bears were considered to have one of the best off seasons last year and we all know how that turned out.  The Jaguars were considered to have also done very well and look how great their year was.

My thoughts on the signings so far.

Quintin Demps - This is technically an improvement but he's most likely had his best year and not going to repeat at his age.  I'm not impressed.

Mike Glennon - I was not thrilled at first but the signing does make some sense.  The contract is actually ideal for the Bears.  They can use him for a year and drop him if it doesn't work out.  This allows the Bears to draft a QB outside of the first round if they want and they can develop him.  They should also consider drafting a QB again next year.

Dion Sims - I thought this was a decent signing.  He's not a bad TE that can block and can catch if need be.  Should be a solid back up to Miller and even a starter.  I think they still draft a TE.

Markus Wheaton - This is another signing that I didn't think was that bad.  It's by no means a replacement for Jeffery but he's a high upside player that adds speed and more to the return game.

Prince Amukamara - They needed to sign a CB and he was about all that was left.  Like Demps he's an improvement but still not that great.  Hopefully he stays healthy for once and lives up to his draft position.  This does not lower the priority for drafting a CB at all.  Not a bad contract for the Bears though.

Overall the signings aren't bad, they just are not major improvements.  They also managed to get them all on pretty good, team friendly contracts.  They all just seem to be players to get them by for another year.  The Bears will have to dominate this year's draft in order to really improve the team.  The only way this team makes the playoffs this year is if their best players stay healthy and play well along with some young guys making a name for themselves, similar to Howard and Meredith last year.  So far they look like another 3 to 5 win team.

@KCitons So you're just going to assume Pace has been making smart, front loaded offers to these guys that once again, are upgrades to what we currently have, and they're just turning us down because we suck?

I'm with you on the Glennon deal. I'm ok taking a shot on him. I did not want to see Hoyer or Cutler play another snap for this team. I'm willing to pay a little more for the slight chance Glennon is a keeper. And the deal did not hinder us from spending on others. But I also don't want Pace to think the position is secure now and I have a feeling (just based on recent history) we won't be seeing a qb until the middle to late rounds which will most likely be just another waste. 

And I don't need Super Bowls every year. I just want to see competitive team. And based on recent history again, guys like Flap and Tick and I that follow every move this team makes have every right to criticize because we've been right more than wrong. 

wtf'n hell! We sign a backup Te for 6M/year w/ 10m guaranteed. Packers sign a good starting TE for7M/year with maybe 8 guaranteed. That hurts.

@KCitons So you're just going to assume Pace has been making smart, front loaded offers to these guys that once again, are upgrades to what we currently have, and they're just turning us down because we suck?

I'm with you on the Glennon deal. I'm ok taking a shot on him. I did not want to see Hoyer or Cutler play another snap for this team. I'm willing to pay a little more for the slight chance Glennon is a keeper. And the deal did not hinder us from spending on others. But I also don't want Pace to think the position is secure now and I have a feeling (just based on recent history) we won't be seeing a qb until the middle to late rounds which will most likely be just another waste. 

And I don't need Super Bowls every year. I just want to see competitive team. And based on recent history again, guys like Flap and Tick and I that follow every move this team makes have every right to criticize because we've been right more than wrong. 
I'm assuming Pace is making the best decisions that he can. Time will tell if his decisions will make this team better. But, there are no guarantees in this league, regardless of who your GM is.

Why aren't you guys GM's?  Or at the very least an analyst on ESPN or NFL network? I guess I'd rather be dumb than delusional. You actually think that because you are right about a pick, or a signing that you could do a better job. Could it be because you have a 50/50 chance of being correct. Only because you're not the one evaluating hundreds of players every off season. You're not effected by outside influences like salary, profitability, or investigative reports to cloud your decision. No, you just analyze once the decision is made and give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. I know ESPN and NFL network have excellent Combine coverage, but it doesn't make everyone with a remote a potential GM. 

You have a right to criticize. You also have a right to root for another team. But to think you know everything is delusional. 

I'm assuming Pace is making the best decisions that he can. Time will tell if his decisions will make this team better. But, there are no guarantees in this league, regardless of who your GM is.

Why aren't you guys GM's?  Or at the very least an analyst on ESPN or NFL network? I guess I'd rather be dumb than delusional. You actually think that because you are right about a pick, or a signing that you could do a better job. Could it be because you have a 50/50 chance of being correct. Only because you're not the one evaluating hundreds of players every off season. You're not effected by outside influences like salary, profitability, or investigative reports to cloud your decision. No, you just analyze once the decision is made and give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. I know ESPN and NFL network have excellent Combine coverage, but it doesn't make everyone with a remote a potential GM. 

You have a right to criticize. You also have a right to root for another team. But to think you know everything is delusional. 
and thank you, I'm criticizing the bears right now. I think they deserve it at this point.

maybe come regular season they'll be great and I'll look like an idiot for it, has happened before. I always root for this team and never skip a game*.

* except when my girlfriend drags me to Mexico to visit her parents or her marathons, but i have no choice there :)

wtf'n hell! We sign a backup Te for 6M/year w/ 10m guaranteed. Packers sign a good starting TE for7M/year with maybe 8 guaranteed. That hurts.
Here is Bennett's new deal.

Current Contract

Martellus Bennett signed a 3 year, $21,000,000 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including a $6,300,000 signing bonus, $7,200,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,000,000. In 2017, Bennett will earn a base salary of $900,000, a signing bonus of $6,300,000, a roster bonus of $600,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000. Bennett has a cap hit of $3,850,000 while his dead money value is $7,200,000.

CONTRACT:3 yr(s) / $21,000,000

SIGNING BONUS$6,300,000

AVERAGE SALARY$7,000,000

GUARANTEED:$7,200,000

FREE AGENT:2020 / UFA

YEAR

BASE SALARY

SIGNING BONUS

ROSTER BONUS

WORKOUT BONUS

CAP HIT

DEAD CAP

$900,000

$2,100,000

$600,000

$250,000

$3,850,000

$7,200,000

$3,600,000

$2,100,000

$2,600,000

$250,000

$8,550,000

$4,200,000

$5,650,000

$2,100,000

$600,000

$250,000

$8,600,000

$2,100,000

UFA

Contract Notes:
  • $7.2M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2017 salary)
  • 2018 Roster Bonus: $2M (due the 1st league day of 2018)
  • Annual Per Game Active Bonus: $37,500 ($600,000)
  • Annual Workout Bonus: $250,000

This is all that's listed for Sims at the moment.

Dion Sims signed a 3 year, $18,000,000 contract with the Chicago Bears, including $10,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,000,000. In 2017, Sims will earn. Sims has a cap hit of .

CONTRACT:3 yr(s) / $18,000,000

SIGNING BONUS-

AVERAGE SALARY$6,000,000

GUARANTEED:$10,000,000

I generally feel the way you do about this but you have to admit that just because these guys are the professionals that get paid to do it doesn't mean they are any good at it.  Just look at how the Browns organization has been run over the years.  Who's to say that any of us couldn't do as well or better if given the chance?  Some people that are in power on some teams are there because of who they know, not what they know.  I know I wouldn't be a good GM but there are times when I know when a team is making a mistake.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Here is Bennett's new deal.

Current Contract

Martellus Bennett signed a 3 year, $21,000,000 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including a $6,300,000 signing bonus, $7,200,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,000,000. In 2017, Bennett will earn a base salary of $900,000, a signing bonus of $6,300,000, a roster bonus of $600,000 and a workout bonus of $250,000. Bennett has a cap hit of $3,850,000 while his dead money value is $7,200,000.

CONTRACT:3 yr(s) / $21,000,000

SIGNING BONUS$6,300,000

AVERAGE SALARY$7,000,000

GUARANTEED:$7,200,000

YEAR

BASE SALARY

SIGNING BONUS

ROSTER BONUS

WORKOUT BONUS

CAP HIT

DEAD CAP

$900,000

$2,100,000

$600,000

$250,000

$3,850,000

$7,200,000

$3,600,000

$2,100,000

$2,600,000

$250,000

$8,550,000

$4,200,000

$5,650,000

$2,100,000

$600,000

$250,000

$8,600,000

$2,100,000

UFA

Contract Notes:
  • $7.2M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2017 salary)
  • 2018 Roster Bonus: $2M (due the 1st league day of 2018)
  • Annual Per Game Active Bonus: $37,500 ($600,000)
  • Annual Workout Bonus: $250,000

This is all that's listed for Sims at the moment.

Dion Sims signed a 3 year, $18,000,000 contract with the Chicago Bears, including $10,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,000,000. In 2017, Sims will earn. Sims has a cap hit of .

CONTRACT:3 yr(s) / $18,000,000

SIGNING BONUS-

AVERAGE SALARY$6,000,000

GUARANTEED:$10,000,000

yeah, pretty much what I said. Any thoughts on it? You gotta admit you'd rather have a player of benett's level, and wow, very little difference in price.

Well, Sims will be the 18th highest paid TE so I don't think it's really that bad especially after next year when the next group of TEs get paid.  Sims will be in the 20's for highest paid.  I think it's more surprising the amount Bennett got.  Maybe it has to do with him being older?  I'm not sure.

I generally feel the way you do about this but you have to admit that just because these guys are the professionals that get paid to do it doesn't mean they are any good at it.  Just look at how the Browns organization has been run over the years.  Who's to say that any of us couldn't do as well or better if given the chance?  Some people that are in power on some teams are there because of who they know, not what they know.  I know I wouldn't be a good GM but there are times when I know when a team is making a mistake.
There a lot of factors that play into a winning team. I just think it's naive to say that any of us could do a better job. This is a multi billion dollar business. Pace may have pressure from the top telling him how much he can spend. I don't know. I do know that constantly complaining about something that is supposed to add joy to your life is counter productive. Case in point, Flap has changed the title of the thread. There's no sense even rooting for this team now. Might as well start watching WNBA.

BTW, I don't perform my own dental work either. It seams simple enough. After all, I've spent more time with my teeth than any dentist has.  

There a lot of factors that play into a winning team. I just think it's naive to say that any of us could do a better job. This is a multi billion dollar business. Pace may have pressure from the top telling him how much he can spend. I don't know. I do know that constantly complaining about something that is supposed to add joy to your life is counter productive. Case in point, Flap has changed the title of the thread. There's no sense even rooting for this team now. Might as well start watching WNBA.

BTW, I don't perform my own dental work either. It seams simple enough. After all, I've spent more time with my teeth than any dentist has.  
I completely agree with the constant complaining.  It gets old.  It's been a pretty rough stretch for being a Bear's fan lately though.  Just looking on social media it seems pretty wide spread that Bear's fans and even reporters are not impressed and even confused at what the Bears are doing right now.  All we can do is wait and see what kind of team they put together.  I can tell you this, it's going to be a team unlike any we have seen in a very long time.  Not many familiar faces any more.

flapgreen said:
I'm about ranted out. I'm done. 

If signing Glennon, a guy who hasn't started a game in over two years, affects where they draft a qb, then Pace has been full of #### and a liar all along.  Will leave the Bears in shambles like the last guy.  He's a young GM and got totally owned during FA this year.  I'll see if he's the kind of guy who learns from his mistakes or just another John Fox. 
Impressive reload time

:goodposting:

I blame madden games. Giving a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings the impression that anyone can turn a crummy franchise into a perennial winner in a matter of one FA and draft, and anything less is not acceptable. Too many fragile personas who can't handle losing because everyone is supposed to get a trophy.

The Bears are not far away from being a pretty good team. Have to crawl before you walk though so these things take time. As in more than one season

youre right, football is supposed to bring joy and excitement and positive distraction. If it's such a depressing thing for some folks perhaps they should find a new hobby, or perhaps get some perspective on life. It's a game

youre right, football is supposed to bring joy and excitement and positive distraction. If it's such a depressing thing for some folks perhaps they should find a new hobby, or perhaps get some perspective on life. It's a game
Get outta here. Fans have been #####ing about sucky teams forever and will continue to do so. Just one of those thing that come with caring. If you don't care that much congrats, but don't tell other people how much they should. Its called passion, some people have some when it comes to their favorite sports team. 

Users who are viewing this thread