What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (6 Viewers)

I guess Nagy’s week to self-scout did not include a balanced attack.

23 dropbacks
5 rushes(3 Cohen, 1 Montgomery, 1 Miller-fumble)

Nagy/Mitch is a losing combo, I think we’re seeing the beginning of the end for both. 

The D is heartless. Maybe it’s Hicks, maybe Pagano, who knows. Doesn’t matter. Mack and Floyd have disappeared. It appears as though Smith is mentally checked out. Secondary is totally lost. Has Eddie Jackson made an impact once this season?

This is one of the most disappointing teams I’ve ever watched. Bottom 3 offense with a middle of the road D. 

Defense quitting now. Awesome stuff off a bye where you got your behind handed to you. Well, good news Nagy! You can keep avoiding the run! The computer tells you you have to pass down 9!

Good grief.  Bears just dominated the Vikings last week with our backup qb and the Pack lost to a reeling Philly team.   Bears lose a 3 point game in London at the end. Now, all of a sudden, the Bears aren't in the picture at 3-2.  Smh
Remember when I was overreacting after their last loss? It appears maybe I was right on the money. They are toast.

I swear I'm not coming into troll, but rather am frustrated fantasy-wise.

Mitch Trubisky is just turrible and they're stacking the box and playing press out of complete lack of respect for his ability to connect from within the pocket.  

Man I was not ready to be the worst team in the division this soon again. 

That whole club dub bull#### made these guys think they were much better than they really are. What a bunch of heartless, gutless #######. 

I swear I'm not coming into troll, but rather am frustrated fantasy-wise.

Mitch Trubisky is just turrible and they're stacking the box and playing press out of complete lack of respect for his ability to connect from within the pocket.  
Trubisky has been terrible. But I will say he isn’t helped by the awful line play. They can’t run the ball, and they can’t pass protect. That doesn’t make his job easy.

QB is about as over his head as possible. Coach is a fraud that can't adjust a volume knob. Defense lays down once they see the offense is their usual trash. NFL hell 

Man I was not ready to be the worst team in the division this soon again. 

That whole club dub bull#### made these guys think they were much better than they really are. What a bunch of heartless, gutless #######. 
It is a team thing. You can’t leave the defense on the field for 40 out of 60 minutes and expect them to hold up. The offense is so inept they are killing the defense too.

Trubisky has been terrible. But I will say he isn’t helped by the awful line play. They can’t run the ball, and they can’t pass protect. That doesn’t make his job easy.
I'm not really a line expert, so the nuances of line play escape me sometimes. The final product looks terrible. 

I've never seen a Bears offense this inept. This season is lost with how the division is. Pace has to own up to his mistake and jettison Mitch. Sign, literally, anyone else and hope the defense has another 1-2 elite years.

Safe to say we know Trubisky isn't the answer and Pace whiffed big time on the pick. Now comes the tough decision. How to fix it. Not gonna be easy. 

F that. Walk Pace and Nagy, make Pagano interim HC. This team is not going to win this year, doesn't look like it's going to be great next, why wait to start over.

F that. Walk Pace and Nagy, make Pagano interim HC. This team is not going to win this year, doesn't look like it's going to be great next, why wait to start over.
They're not gonna fire the coach after 2 years, especially after he just went to the playoffs. Pace isn't in danger either. 

They're not gonna fire the coach after 2 years, especially after he just went to the playoffs. Pace isn't in danger either. 
Of course they won't, but I think they should. This is the offense Pace signed. It's not backups or injured, he just put together something that sucks. He should pay with his job.

Do you disagree, or just know it won't happen?

What the hell does Helfrich do? Maybe he needs to start calling plays. Nagy is clearly in over his head. 

Raiders going to get a really nice pick. And two straight now Mack has been invisible. 

Safe to say we know Trubisky isn't the answer and Pace whiffed big time on the pick. Now comes the tough decision. How to fix it. Not gonna be easy. 
Trubisky totally stinks and is just like a cross between Mariota and Blake Bortles. Unfortunately they will waste the next 2 years at least fighting the inevitable.

Good grief.  Bears just dominated the Vikings last week with our backup qb and the Pack lost to a reeling Philly team.   Bears lose a 3 point game in London at the end. Now, all of a sudden, the Bears aren't in the picture at 3-2.  Smh

I'm not calling anyone out. I hammered the team for years for good reason. They were terrible. Now, we made the playoffs last year and will likely make them again this year. I'm happy as hell about it. It's a long season. I'm willing to be patient. 
😂

Does anybody here make anywhere near the amount of money Mitch makes?
Fair, but I still think he gets more scrutiny than any other QB in the entire league. I mean, Daniel Jones is awful too but he had one good week and an ok preseason against backups and suddenly he's "Danny Dimes". He was bad today but the pitchforks won't be out for quite a while because the media narrative is in his favour (ironically, since the pick was panned after the draft). Josh Allen is the same. No one could argue that Trubisky has been impressive, but other QBs have bad games all the time and they get a pass. Every bad throw of Trubisky's is cause for a pile on. I can't imagine the mental toll that would take on a player, and then to be stuck with a disaster like Nagy on top of it.

I still think Trubisky is a good talent, better than he will ever get credit for now, but it's never going to happen for him in Chicago. Everyone needs a change of scenery. 

Fair, but I still think he gets more scrutiny than any other QB in the entire league. I mean, Daniel Jones is awful too but he had one good week and an ok preseason against backups and suddenly he's "Danny Dimes". He was bad today but the pitchforks won't be out for quite a while because the media narrative is in his favour (ironically, since the pick was panned after the draft). Josh Allen is the same. No one could argue that Trubisky has been impressive, but other QBs have bad games all the time and they get a pass. Every bad throw of Trubisky's is cause for a pile on. I can't imagine the mental toll that would take on a player, and then to be stuck with a disaster like Nagy on top of it.

I still think Trubisky is a good talent, better than he will ever get credit for now, but it's never going to happen for him in Chicago. Everyone needs a change of scenery. 
I can't really easily comment on Trubisky, but the media scrutiny in Chicago is a hell of a lot higher than Buffalo.  Metro Chicago is almost 10 times larger than metro Buffalo.  We have 1 sports talk radio station and the Bills have been functionally irrelevant nationally for most of the last 20 years.  It's not fair to Trubisky, absolutely, but obviously he's in a lot brighter of a spotlight playing for a major market team.  To the national media, the Bills are kinda just lovable losers with insane fans and are lucky to be 5-1 (whether that's true is debatable, but this isn't the place for it)....alternatively, the Bears are the reigning division champs expected to compete with the best teams in the league this year.

Users who are viewing this thread