Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Justin Fields is up

4 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

This is just a sport and entertainment after all... sounds like it could be a neat thing to do with the kids. Unless you take the NFL way too seriously. Then might want to go alone. Or just don't go... blood pressure might get too high

That you, Pace? What are you doing on a  magic football message board? Shouldn't you be in the office trying to figure out how to fix this mess you made? 

32 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Come on, you guys aren't the Jets. 

Actually, I think the Jets looked better, and played harder than the Bears. The Niners almost beat Seattle. Houston and Cincy look bad. Cleveland looks like they are improving. So maybe it will be a race to the bottom with the Bears and the Jets.

Edited by twistd
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

There is some hope on this team. The Jets have nothing. 

:goodposting:

Jets might like having a super-promising young QB on their roster.

I'd agree with most of this. I don't know how good the conditioning staff is, but the injuries just keep piling up for the second year in a row. You have to change something. I'd fire Fox. I'd fire the entire training staff and start over. 

http://www.profootballweekly.com/lists/2017/09/18/0ec128b652b14694a5494d70f9a49ef2/index.xml?page=4

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KCitons said:

I've decided to root for a new team (along with the Bears). I used the following criteria:

Can't be a team in the NFC North. Can't be a team in the NFC. Can't be an AFC team that plays the Bears this season. Has to be an AFC team that has a chance to win games (I already root for a losing team). It can't be the Dolphins (Cutler). It can't be the Colts (Super Bowl loss still hurts). I hate the Patriots already, so they're out. It shouldn't be a team that has won a Super Bowl in the last decade. That leaves us with the Texans, Titans, and Chiefs. 

Let's Go Chiefs. (my username fits too) 

Its funny but I was thinking the same thing. For entertainment purposes. I like what the Raiders have been doing so I guess it will be fun watching the AFC West as there are some very good teams there plus KC and the Raiders have a great rivalry. I like Carr and if they can get past the penalties I think they go deep this year. So yeah, while the Bears try to figure out how to win 5 games or more why not...

33 minutes ago, Ditka Butkus said:

Going with the not only are we losing games but lets see how many fans and how much money we can lose.

I think the angle is:

September: I'm not starting the rookie QB until you force me to.

Mid-season: Now that the playoffs are out of the question, let's start the rookie QB.

December: You can't fire me. I played the rookie QB you forced me to play.

16 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

I think the angle is:

September: I'm not starting the rookie QB until you force me to.

Mid-season: Now that the playoffs are out of the question, let's start the rookie QB.

December: You can't fire me. I played the rookie QB you forced me to play.

If I'm John Fox, would I even want to keep that job?  I don't know that I would.  That's a bad football team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flapgreen said:

Fox When asked if Glennon still gives the #Bears the best chance to win "After 2 games, it's really hard to evaluate somebody".

"He makes good decisions," said #Bears coach John Fox of QB Mike Glennon.

This is true.

He signed a 3 year $45 million deal. With 18.5 million guaranteed.  That was a helluva decision. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, flapgreen said:

John Fox's most head-scratching thought today: "I wish we could play two QBs at once, but I don’t know if that would be our best option."

I don't know, maybe there is something to this 2 QB idea....

Didn't Fox see Glennon lay that monster block out of the wildcat formation last week to secure a TD?  He may have created an all new position utilizing a QB who no one wants to see throw the damn ball...

1 hour ago, KCitons said:

This is true.

He signed a 3 year $45 million deal. With 18.5 million guaranteed.  That was a helluva decision. 

Glennon makes better decisions than the people who offered that contract.

I mena, generally, I don't really care one way or the other what the Bears do anymore. I just assume that somehow, someway, they will end up disappointing. But after watching this unfold, I can't help but ask "what the heck were you thinking?" They had to know they were going to offer everything in the world to move up so why give this kind of money to Glennon? OR, if you do really want Glennon, why go all in for Mitch when you look at one year down the road and you know there's a great QB class coming in?

The Bears are simply not good enough (nowhere near) to be hedging bets and covering themselves. 

The scariest part of this whole situation, is that we really don't know if Trubisky is the answer. I could see him starting the second half of the season and not looking very good. Bears go into the 2018 draft without certainty that they have their QB of the future. 

4 hours ago, flapgreen said:

John Fox's most head-scratching thought today: "I wish we could play two QBs at once, but I don’t know if that would be our best option."

2QB, 2RB, 0 receivers. 

Might be their best chance.

13 minutes ago, KCitons said:

The scariest part of this whole situation, is that we really don't know if Trubisky is the answer. I could see him starting the second half of the season and not looking very good. Bears go into the 2018 draft without certainty that they have their QB of the future. 

Sure, but even if he played the whole season and was bad, the bears aren't drafting a qb in the first next year.

25 minutes ago, KCitons said:

I'm pretty confident that when Trubisky gets in, he will elevate the offense. Now, there's a ceiling on how much he can do that with the personnel he has at WR, but I think the whole tone of the season would change with him at QB. There would be optimism, rather than just resignation and pointlessness with Glennon.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KCitons said:

When he started playing wouldn't affect their moves next year any. They decided he was the qb of the future when they drafted him at #2

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KCitons said:

Oh we're out of the qb market for the next few years. You pick a guy at 2 he's getting lots of chances and time. 

1 hour ago, RushHour said:

I'm pretty confident that when Trubisky gets in, he will elevate the offense. Now, there's a ceiling on how much he can do that with the personnel he has at WR, but I think the whole tone of the season would change with him at QB. There would be optimism, rather than just resignation and pointlessness with Glennon.

I wish this hypothetical could actually play out. I'd love to see what he could have done better against that defense yesterday. 

18 hours ago, flapgreen said:

Fox When asked if Glennon still gives the #Bears the best chance to win "After 2 games, it's really hard to evaluate somebody".

"He makes good decisions," said #Bears coach John Fox of QB Mike Glennon.

3 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

#Bears coach John Fox on if Mike Glennon gives team best chance to win: "After 2 games, it's really hard to evaluate somebody."

Deja vu...

I'm not why so many are up in arms over this start.  Didn't everyone already know they were most likely going to lose the first four games of their schedule.  I know I originally said I'd be happy if they managed to win just one of of these first four games.  They should have done that in week one against the Falcons who just beat up on the Packers.  We also all knew what Glennon was, he's just a place holder until Trubisky is ready.  I think this is just another "Nothing to see here" type of instance for the Bears.  I know I'm not all that surprised with the start, other than Howard's last performance.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not why so many are up in arms over this start.  Didn't everyone already know they were most likely going to lose the first four games of their schedule.  I know I originally said I'd be happy if they managed to win just one of of these first four games.  They should have done that in week one against the Falcons who just beat up on the Packers.  We also all knew what Glennon was, he's just a place holder until Trubisky is ready.  I think this is just another "Nothing to see here" type of instance for the Bears.  I know I'm not all that surprised with the start, other than Howard's last performance.

Wow

• flapgreen changed the title to ***Chicago Bears Thread*** Justin Fields is up