What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (7 Viewers)

Was planning on driving up to see the Bears/Bengals game in December this year, but I don't be wasting my time and money if they continue to put out the crap they're putting out now. We'll see. 

I'm not why so many are up in arms over this start.  Didn't everyone already know they were most likely going to lose the first four games of their schedule.  I know I originally said I'd be happy if they managed to win just one of of these first four games.  They should have done that in week one against the Falcons who just beat up on the Packers.  We also all knew what Glennon was, he's just a place holder until Trubisky is ready.  I think this is just another "Nothing to see here" type of instance for the Bears.  I know I'm not all that surprised with the start, other than Howard's last performance.
I don't understand this sentiment that Trubisky should be brought along slowly until he's "ready". Ready for what? The guy was drafted to be a franchise QB and has a lot of talent. If you're waiting for his situation to be better then you might be waiting a while. He's your guy - put him out there and let him work through it. He doesn't need protecting from anything - this is his job. He may even surprise with how ready he is. Did anyone think Dak was "ready" last year? When you have natural QB instincts, it doesn't really matter.

Watson isn't ready, Kizer isn't either. That doesn't mean you can't start football games if the other QBs on the roster aren't any good. Rolling Glennon out there is pointless and I don't know what it achieves.

I don't understand this sentiment that Trubisky should be brought along slowly until he's "ready". Ready for what? The guy was drafted to be a franchise QB and has a lot of talent. If you're waiting for his situation to be better then you might be waiting a while. He's your guy - put him out there and let him work through it. He doesn't need protecting from anything - this is his job. He may even surprise with how ready he is. Did anyone think Dak was "ready" last year? When you have natural QB instincts, it doesn't really matter.

Watson isn't ready, Kizer isn't either. That doesn't mean you can't start football games if the other QBs on the roster aren't any good. Rolling Glennon out there is pointless and I don't know what it achieves.
This guy gets it

I can't ever remember being so apathetic to any Bears team in my lifetime.  They just don't give a damn about winning or the fans,  whatsoever. Makes it hard to even care. This organization could take the fun out of anything. So pathetic. I hope the whole damn stadium is empty by mid-season. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I didn't say they had to wait until he's ready. I just know that has always been the plan. I figured they'd struggle to get 5 wins and I still believe it.  I also expected them to start 0-4 and for Trubisky not to see the field until after those games. Seems to be going as expected. 

I didn't say they had to wait until he's ready. I just know that has always been the plan. I figured they'd struggle to get 5 wins and I still believe it.  I also expected them to start 0-4 and for Trubisky not to see the field until after those games. Seems to be going as expected.
Yeah sorry, I didn't mean you personally - your post just triggered that thought!

Bears OC Dowell Loggains, asked if Mitch Trubisky is getting any practice reps with the first offense: "Mike Glennon is the starter."

Dowell Loggains: "Mike Glennon played really well on third down."

#Bears coach John Fox on why he thinks QB Mike Glennon will bounce back: He's a competitor."

The Bears coaching staff is living in a drug induced coma. 

90 drop backs on offense through 2 games. Breakdown:  5 sacks, 5 deep balls, 80 short passes, 0 QB scrambles 

Great design there

90 drop backs on offense through 2 games. Breakdown:  5 sacks, 5 deep balls, 80 short passes, 0 QB scrambles 

Great design there
I'm not so sure the design matters.  Looks to me that Glennon is going to do what he does, throw to his first read right away regardless of the coverage or situation.

I like what **** Wannstedt yesterday on the Score.  He said he want's his team to throw 3 deep passes in the first half and 3 in the second half.  This at least keeps the defense somewhat honest and could lead to a big play or pass interference.

I'm not so sure the design matters.  Looks to me that Glennon is going to do what he does, throw to his first read right away regardless of the coverage or situation.

I like what **** Wannstedt yesterday on the Score.  He said he want's his team to throw 3 deep passes in the first half and 3 in the second half.  This at least keeps the defense somewhat honest and could lead to a big play or pass interference.
Yeah, there's an offensive guru. Run it up the middle with Salaam every play. Probably the last thing poor Rashaan was thinking. 

Yeah, there's an offensive guru. Run it up the middle with Salaam every play. Probably the last thing poor Rashaan was thinking. 
Now THERE'S a name I haven't heard in a while. Heisman winning dude who truly tore it up as a rookie, then barely cracked 600 yards the two seasons following -- too interested in smoking the blunts and fumbling the ball away. 

I remember this guy when he was signed by the Argos, only to be released about 4 months later. Seemed like he could never get past his demons. RIP, sad story. 

Raymont Harris > Rashaan Salaam

Not the flashiest guy, but he'd get you positive yardage pretty much every time and he hung onto the football.

Raymont Harris > Rashaan Salaam

Not the flashiest guy, but he'd get you positive yardage pretty much every time and he hung onto the football.
Surprised Flap hasn't made the correlation with Harris' 1995 year.  1tgt, 1 rec, 4 yds, 1 broken collarbone. 

Even more depressing is his 1000 yard season in 1997. Only to sign with the Packers the following year. 

Ah OK. That's what Glennon meant. Throw the ball short really quickly every play. Duh! 
That's why these guys are professionals and we are monday morning QBS.  We just don't think on their level..LOL.

I'll be honest: when I saw the numbers you posted on those first 90 drop backs i was like "that can't possibly be right.  How could any pro offense operate like that?"

That's what he meant. I thought he meant like "the greatest show on turf" offense. He just meant he's trying to speed up and get off the field so he can make 15 million relaxing on the bench. Really not a bad move. Saving his body for later in life. 

The Ultra Back! 
I have the first (and probably only) Ultra Back autograph. I was at Paytons restaurant Thirty Fours the Monday night after his break out game. They held a radio show with a different current or former Bears player from the bar. Harris spent a couple hours hanging out afterwards and we got to spend 5 minutes chatting. He autographed the game program Raymont "Ultra Back" Harris. Still one of my favorite pieces of memorabilia. 

Sad that I have to go back 20 years to find great memories.  :cry:

I have the first (and probably only) Ultra Back autograph. I was at Paytons restaurant Thirty Fours the Monday night after his break out game. They held a radio show with a different current or former Bears player from the bar. Harris spent a couple hours hanging out afterwards and we got to spend 5 minutes chatting. He autographed the game program Raymont "Ultra Back" Harris. Still one of my favorite pieces of memorabilia. 

Sad that I have to go back 20 years to find great memories.  :cry:
That is really awesome 

Hell, even the Rams and 49ers look better and way more exciting than the Bears. Wtf. Such a damn freaking piece of #### disappointment this franchise is. 

Hope not too look too dumb (dumbest')  But, I kinda like Bears run stopping ability. I believe the harder they play, bringin out the best too. Id like too see the Rookie QB in too, but I'm sure even in scrimmage, its hard for a new "Pro" QB, not too wanna wait, that extra second, for a play too develop. Right now, its kinda obvious, against a good Rush, itll be painful too watch. Believe that last game was a wakeup call. They at least need Kyle Long, in the game for sure.. Say what ya will, but just cause it ain't a "Playoff" Team, Bears usually put out a product worth watching (imho). Bears just lost another inside LB'er too. Tis a next man up Team..  Season still young, lets let OLine put in some work, and get Moving. Possible they get a Tackle in Trade, and ya can forget about me posting, any comment. I mean some positions is rather KEY, too what I see..

If #Bears let Jeffery and Cutler go, that would mean they've subtracted Cutler, Jeffery, Forte, Marshall & Bennett since Pace/Fox arrived.

Heck of a way to build a team and instill confidence in your fans, not that they care anything about the fans anyway.  There's no justifying all of these moves. Pace has completely dismantled the team, gotten rid of all of the best players,  and done little to replace them.  Only Howard as replacement and got lucky there.  Outside of hitting on a couple players in the draft last year, he's done nothing else to show he can build a winning team. So regular Bears stuff. 
Should've stuck with my first instinct. 

Maybe Mitch will turn out, but still baffled they made the move to trade up and get him as the future of the franchise in a weak QB class when they will have a top pick next year in arguably the best QB class since 1983. Mitch has to be great. Bears are gonna Bear.

Alshon is looking to get around $14.5M and Stills is looking to get $12M.  Even if you got them both for slightly less you'd have close to $24M tied up in two WRs.  The Bears have the money to do it but that's a lot of money dedicated just to WRs.  I would enjoy seeing that group though because I think Stills has something to offer.
Could've had them both for 14. :kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread